Share/Save/Bookmark Page  123>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
brodster View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
What is there to say-

Online Status: Offline
  Quote brodster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Goggle Care
    Posted: Aug/20/2007 at 11:03am
Here is the community database of Goggle Care maintenance. 
BethH View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote BethH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2008 at 9:04am

Don't use paper towels, napkins, your sleeve, or your t-shirt to clean off your goggles.  Use the goggle bag that is given to you when you purchas the goggles to clean them.  Other fabrics will scratch the lenses. 

If some how you get snow on the inside of your goggles, do NOT rub the inside of the goggles.  Shake out the snow and let them air dry.  Rubbing the inside of the lens will remove the anti-fog that is on the lens.  Rubbing the inside of your goggles will also scratch the lens.

5 pump Grande soy chai latte no water...the only way to drink a chai latte from starbucks.
hub714 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote hub714 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2008 at 4:58pm
Goggles are likely to get fogged if you put them on your forehead.  Put em around your neck where they can get lots of circulation if they're not over your eyes.
klutzycurtis View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote klutzycurtis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2008 at 10:31pm
Don't rub your fingers on the inside, you wipe away the anti fog stuff. But if you do, I saw some stuff at the store for that, It was called Cat Piss. Funny Name

imwazn View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote imwazn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2008 at 12:07pm

haha...cat piss

vincewchan View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote vincewchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/08/2008 at 10:00am
thanks for the tips!
geebet View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote geebet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/08/2008 at 5:31pm
Take them off with the outside facing up, that way no snow or drops can fall inside the goggles. Then place them facing up, so again nothing falls in.
intereastsb View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote intereastsb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2008 at 2:21pm
thanks geebet, never really thought about that one
eb-lee View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote eb-lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2009 at 12:57pm
mine didnt come with anything to wipe them off with ..... what do i do?
ummmmmm .........................................
hello?
sully1742 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote sully1742 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2009 at 2:35pm
Go to a local store and ask for an extra.  Say yours didn't come with one.

I can grab an extra at my shop if we have any this week for you if worst comes to worst.
2009 Capita Stairmaster 156 - 2008 Burton Missions (White/Gold) - Thirty Two Lashed
Wizard1990 View Drop Down
Educator
Educator

Quote Wizard1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2009 at 9:26pm
If you buy a soft goggle case, you can wipe them with that. Just dont wipe the inside of your lens, you might remove the anti-fog.
I only snowboard because its cool.
Jroses View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Jroses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2009 at 7:57am
good thread! lol i read it just in time to care of my new goggles
gse93 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote gse93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2009 at 2:42pm
wow i never would have known that i could ruin my goggles by rubbing the inside
Snowboardnoob View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Snowboardnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2009 at 3:51pm
wow lol Ive rubbed the inside like 5 times already

gse93 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote gse93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2009 at 4:31pm
haha yeah i know. one question tho: is it ok to use a goggle cleaner on your glove or should i just try to get another case?
Snowboardnoob View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Snowboardnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2009 at 4:36pm
Id only use the bag it came in

gse93 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote gse93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2009 at 4:48pm
ok thanks
shagwag3n View Drop Down
Local
Local
Duck of Death

Quote shagwag3n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/05/2009 at 9:08am
one thing i kinda learned through paintballing back in the day is if you ever start having a problem with your lenses fogging up, take some dishwashing liquid/liquid soap and smear it and then wipe it dry with something. this gives the lens a coating that prevents fogging.
xiiikitty View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote xiiikitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/14/2009 at 5:02pm
What would cause fog inside goggles?

My goggle doesn't fog up unless I breath toward the lenses....and I've wiped it thousand times with ski-resort-napkins lol
owell, good thing it still works fine to me.
MikeDeMario17 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.
lol

Quote MikeDeMario17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2009 at 6:07am
yea i made the mistake of always putting them around my head the whole way to the mountain. Then i had to wait a wile to use them again 
Snowboard: Forum Manual Bindings: Rome Targa
Boots: Burton Tribute
Stance: Regular
Angles: 15, -15
Outerwear: Special Blend Notto Snowpants: Burton Shift
Snowguy7 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Snowguy7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/19/2009 at 1:18pm
I've wiped my finger in the inside of my goggles and no problems so far,  you won't scratch them.  

haven't have any problems with fog either.

Just another side of the storyBig smile
Lam View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Lam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/20/2009 at 2:48pm
Also tell someone using your goggles to not touch the inside of the lens.
nachosyumm View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote nachosyumm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/22/2009 at 12:59pm
Does this apply to anti-fog stuff on other types of goggles too.  That would explain why they get f'ed up >.<
SuperShreder View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote SuperShreder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2009 at 1:13pm
these tips all apply on all types of goggles 
LAXkeeper View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
My Ride

Quote LAXkeeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2009 at 6:11pm
rly had no idea all of this stuff could ruin goggles. thx for the tips.
bsuminski View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.
At the continental divide

Quote bsuminski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/26/2009 at 5:54am
DO NOT put dishwashing liquid on your lenses...at least not Plutonite Oakley lenses.  I had some A-frames that I did this with, and it destroyed my lens, put a permanant haze on the lens.  I had to get new lenses which aren't cheap for A-frames.  These Plutonite lenses are really nice, but they really don't get along with liquid dish soap! 
thomas.s.miller View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote thomas.s.miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/27/2009 at 8:23am
also, almost and glasses store will have lens cleaning cloths, they will work to clean your goggles,. but only the out side.they also will carry anti fog juice, but dont buy it so you can wipe the inside of your googles. the only company that you can is smith i believe, because there anti fog is etched into the goggles surface
Tomzilla
defender4futbol View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote defender4futbol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/28/2009 at 11:22am

I use a bandana to cover my face and it seems like the hot air I breathe out goes up into my goggles and fogs them up.  Any suggestions?

admica View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.
hiking to extreme terrain at breckenridge, Lake Chutes run

Quote admica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2009 at 8:21pm
suck it up and take the bandana off??? just pile on a ton of lip balm instead
* http://blog.rootninja.com *
monstor View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.
lost in mammoth

Quote monstor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2009 at 10:15pm
i've had that same problem with the bandanas. try using one of those things that look like bandandas but have alot more breathability.  that might help you
blacksnoweater View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote blacksnoweater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2009 at 1:09pm
i have scott spark goggles, i fell two times on my head hard, and now it seems like the 2 lenses that are connected with that black piece has shifted, does this mean i have to get new goggles or new lenses?
poohcrackers View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote poohcrackers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2009 at 11:48am
luckily i've never really had any trouble with my goggles so i haven't touched the inside that i can remember so far.  good info to know though Tongue
lurkster View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote lurkster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2009 at 9:03pm
Another thing that works well is if you take a soft shammy and cut a small swatch out, maybe 3x3inch, and keep in your pocket. Shammy's will absorb the moisture yet are soft enough to not scratch. Obviously don't use one that's been used on car or anything.... dirt is embedded and will scratch. 
hunter_ View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote hunter_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2009 at 3:33am
thanks for the advice
Youngblood32 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Youngblood32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2009 at 3:45pm
i use a soft soft cloth
pugsley View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote pugsley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2009 at 12:23am
oakley has good goggle bags .
myach View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote myach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2009 at 8:43am
dang it... I've rubbed the inside a good amount...
I guess I'll stop from now on..
so what if you get the water stains on the inside what do you do with that? just leave it?
dimm0k View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Mammoth, CA - Jan 07, 2009

Quote dimm0k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2009 at 5:58am
What do you guys do about water spots on the inside of the goggles once snow or whatever has gotten in there and dried?
stance: regular, front/back: 15/-15
old: Technine '04 MFM Pro bindings, Forum JP Walker 147cm
new: Burton '09 Triad EST bindings, Burton '09 Custom ICS 151cm
Dohboy View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Dohboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2009 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by dimm0k

What do you guys do about water spots on the inside of the goggles once snow or whatever has gotten in there and dried?
I would like to know myself.
pinoyboy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote pinoyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2009 at 1:34pm
my north face jacket has one of those built in goggle cloths. should i use it to wipe my goggles???
dimm0k View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote dimm0k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2009 at 2:21am
if done right, I don't see why not.  Only thing to avoid is wiping when the goggles are wet.
pinoyboy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote pinoyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2009 at 12:49pm
yah, thanks. i'll make sure not to do that.
Borsa View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Borsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/2009 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by defender4futbol

I use a bandana to cover my face and it seems like the hot air I breathe out goes up into my goggles and fogs them up.  Any suggestions?

Try and use antifog from rainx. Made for your car but may work with your goggles.
dimm0k View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote dimm0k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/2009 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by Borsa

Originally posted by defender4futbol

Try and use antifog from rainx. Made for your car but may work with your goggles.

I believe they made bandanas with a "special" hole to prevent this...  I tried rocking a bandana to cover my face, but after it soaks up with moisture from your breathing it gets frozen from the cold and that air eventually travels up under your goggles.
mixmasterjgt View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mixmasterjgt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/27/2009 at 1:14pm
I use the google bag it came with or a microfiber cloth and lens cleaner from Costco. At Costco optical section they sell a kit with a big bottle and a travel bottle for $5 and its free refills. So for $5 bucks you can get lens cleaner for life.
skifaster View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote skifaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/05/2009 at 3:35am
To prevent scratches to goggles in the first place, use Goggle Guards, available at www.goggleguards.com

They are a soft fleece wrap design that protects lenses on both sides. One time my goggles got scratched on the inside of the lens from the strap buckle while stored in one of those bags that came with the goggle.

Another benefit is that they can protect your goggle while not in use and resting on your helmet!   
badandy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote badandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2009 at 9:09pm
I always keep mine in a hard case when im not about to use them, like summer stoage.  Dragon makes one for like ten bucks and its like an oakley soft case, protects them from getting smashed.
asdffdsa View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote asdffdsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/14/2009 at 10:03am
My Smith lenses don't fog because the anti-fog is burned in, you can never scratch them off. If you want anti fog, use Fog-Tech. http://fogtech.ca/
larry26 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote larry26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2009 at 4:19pm
If the out side of your bag gets dirty would there be a problem with flipping the bag inside out and wiping it with that or could you use a beanie to wipe it?
larry
crick View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote crick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2009 at 4:39pm
wow good thread. i think i have to buy a new lens from all the damage ive already done to them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>