Free Daily Giveaways @ 3pm

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 244245246247248 249>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
keljai View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote keljai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Free Daily Giveaways @ 3pm
    Posted: Oct/02/2013 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by lightning80

as long as they have the boards in stock, they'll continue with the giveaways..these boards are already a few years old and sierra is not a known brand...i can imagine the retail sales for these boards aren't great...the giveaways will get rid of the inventory taking up warehouse space, and draw in customers that eventually give up on waiting for free gear and spend some money here.

plus they probably get a tax deduction/write off for it too
for fantastic outdoor deals, checkout:
https://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/KelvinChung
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2013 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by Superorb

Chances of winning aren't slim; they're actually pretty good at 1 in 500.
Sure compared to the powerball lottery.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2013 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by Von44

You don't think 1 in 500 is good? Odds of winning the Powerball jackpot are 1 in 175,223,510  Wink
Snow Day Colorado

09 Sierra Crew | 10 Sierra Reverse Crew | 10 Sierra Bluebird | 09 Union Force | 10 Burton Triad | 11 Rome 390 | 10 Burton Moto
caymanbound View Drop Down
Local
Local
Lion Dog

Quote caymanbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2013 at 2:32pm
Definitely makes TruSnow unique, the daily giveaway...and it works since I end up buying all my gear from here.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2013 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by caymanbound

Definitely makes TruSnow unique, the daily giveaway...and it works since I end up buying all my gear from here.

that's why they keep doing it..it works!
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2013 at 3:12pm
^ Yeah, it is a good marketing move although it seemed to work better in the old Sierra days when up to 1,000 people would login for the Giveaway. 
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2013 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by sideways99

^ Yeah, it is a good marketing move although it seemed to work better in the old Sierra days when up to 1,000 people would login for the Giveaway. 

people start coming back when the snow start falling..that's the way it's always been...but you're right, i don't think i've seen it at the 1000+ level for a long time...
keljai View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote keljai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2013 at 5:43pm
1000 plus l think stopped after the 1st yr it become trusnow. 
emandkey View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.
Pandaman

Quote emandkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/04/2013 at 3:24am
In case i win and i live in europe country you dont deliver products that will happen? And if you can deliver i will need pay taxes or its delivered as i gift?
caymanbound View Drop Down
Local
Local
Lion Dog

Quote caymanbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/05/2013 at 8:31am
Has the 2012 gear already been cleared out or is a sale coming soon?
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/05/2013 at 9:30am
^ I'm holding out for the 70% off sale.

/s
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote diviesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/05/2013 at 7:14pm
Decided to go with the Targas for my free pair of Bindings, pretty tough decision for me. Now I have a pair of Burtons, Forums, Unions and Rome to complete the set
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2013 at 2:05pm

You don't think 1 in 500 is good? Odds of winning the Powerball jackpot are 1 in 175,223,510  Wink
Like i said, 1/500 is obviously better odds when compared to the lottery. But 1/500 is still slim regardless. Besides, how many giveaways have you won over the last few months? Better yet, how often do you see a regular win?
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2013 at 2:39pm

Like i said, 1/500 is obviously better odds when compared to the lottery. But 1/500 is still slim regardless. Besides, how many giveaways have you won over the last few months? Better yet, how often do you see a regular win?

I've won once (a snowboard) over the past year, but since I joined in 2009 I've won several times. Maybe I'm just lucky?
Snow Day Colorado

09 Sierra Crew | 10 Sierra Reverse Crew | 10 Sierra Bluebird | 09 Union Force | 10 Burton Triad | 11 Rome 390 | 10 Burton Moto
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2013 at 4:15pm
^ I've also won a few times in the past..but I haven't won for at least a year. I guess my luck ran out...
keljai View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote keljai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2013 at 8:54pm
l sitll wonder if signing via moble site gets you winning 
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2013 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by keljai

I never signed in via mobile device. I think it has more to do with people signing in more since they can do so via their phone.
Snow Day Colorado

EMHM00 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote EMHM00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2013 at 1:24am
I won! Gimme my shitttt!!!
keljai View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote keljai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2013 at 6:15am

I never signed in via mobile device. I think it has more to do with people signing in more since they can do so via their phone.

yeah it is just the data usage. we dont have unlimited plans and every bit helps
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2013 at 6:32pm

I've won once (a snowboard) over the past year, but since I joined in 2009 I've won several times. Maybe I'm just lucky?
Yea I would say you're luckier than most or at least me. I'm still trying to break the ice with a first win. But it's good to hear there are regs that do win.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
humblerooster View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2013 at 11:15pm
Ever since I started logging in with my phone, I've never won... I won twice (two snowboard bags) while logging on my PC but never on my phone.
keljai View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote keljai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2013 at 6:16am
you won twice.. and youve only been here for yr and 1/2. thats not bad. I really want someone to confirm if we do win via phone, it feels like l'm wasting my limited data if l dont even get a chance
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2013 at 9:42am

you won twice.. and youve only been here for yr and 1/2. thats not bad. I really want someone to confirm if we do win via phone, it feels like l'm wasting my limited data if l dont even get a chance

When I first joined the site I won in less than a month. It's actually what got me into snowboarding. Without that win I would have never boarded after a nightmare trip I took with my wife.
Snow Day Colorado

Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2013 at 10:23am
I don't think logging in by phone or PC makes a difference. They get the list of everyone logged in for the randomizer. As long as you're logged in, it's all the same. You don't even have to be on the giveaway page.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2013 at 10:27am

I don't think logging in by phone or PC makes a difference. They get the list of everyone logged in for the randomizer. As long as you're logged in, it's all the same. You don't even have to be on the giveaway page.
Really? Have you ever won w/o being on the giveaway page?

And I still think the randomizer is rigged for attracting new customers.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2013 at 10:30am

Really? Have you ever won w/o being on the giveaway page?

All the times I've won was when I was not on the giveaway page. the deal is that you must be logged into the site before the drawing. That's it. So go to the home page a minute before the giveaway time and you're good to go.

Snow Day Colorado

Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2013 at 10:41am
^^ Yes, I have won without being on the giveaway page, twice. I actually don't go to the page that much and I don't watch the live video. I usually have one of the forum pages open during the giveaway.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2013 at 12:14pm

^ I wasn't on the Giveaway page when I won a sweet Sierra snowboard bag, so it's not necessary to be on that page to win.  When I am on the Giveaway page it seems most of the winners are not (or do not acknowledge they won).

keljai View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote keljai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2013 at 1:27pm
i know you need to be online somehwere on the site, but as to if you win utilizing a cellphone browser i think is up in the air...
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2013 at 1:30pm

i know you need to be online somehwere on the site, but as to if you win utilizing a cellphone browser i think is up in the air...

As long as your user name shows up in the upper right, you're logged in and good to go. Doesn't matter what browser/device you're using.
Snow Day Colorado

keljai View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote keljai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2013 at 11:18pm
not entirely true, l was signed in before but was not on the active user list. Happened a few times before when l checked 
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/13/2013 at 4:07am
Well I guess it doesn't hurt to try not being on the giveaway page cuz what I've been doing clearly hasn't worked in my favour.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
chrismaletta View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote chrismaletta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2013 at 11:17am
This is the best thing i've ever seen in my life
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2013 at 11:20am
Originally posted by chrismaletta

why is your heart broken if this is the best thing you've seen in your life?
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2013 at 11:24am
^ Because it's his first post and it's worth 1 point.

Edit: Correction, first post is worth 10 points.  Jackpot for chrismaletta!!!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2013 at 4:08pm

Originally posted by chrismaletta

why is your heart broken if this is the best thing you've seen in your life?
Lol nice to see some enthusiasm on this site. welcome!
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2013 at 5:13pm

^ I wasn't on the Giveaway page when I won a sweet Sierra snowboard bag, so it's not necessary to be on that page to win.  When I am on the Giveaway page it seems most of the winners are not (or do not acknowledge they won).

Same here, I'm never at the giveaway page so when I won the board bag, I didn't even knew that I won until someone mentioned it on the forum.  LOL
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2013 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

Same here, I'm never at the giveaway page so when I won the board bag, I didn't even knew that I won until someone mentioned it on the forum.  LOL

BTW, Angry, you won a Sierra Reverse Crew today!

keljai View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote keljai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2013 at 6:49pm
they let you know by msg when they send you a coupon anywya, so no biggie
kriskelsoe View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
all tuckered out

Quote kriskelsoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2013 at 9:07pm
do they still do the daily drawings?
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2013 at 6:16am
Originally posted by kriskelsoe

do they still do the daily drawings?

Read the thread... or I'll just serve it to you on a silver platter: Giveaways are Mon, Wed, Fri.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2013 at 9:46am
The site's been locking up during the giveaway the past couple weeks...not sure if the logged in list is accurate when they run the randomizer...
C4 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
aka cnr913

Quote C4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2013 at 11:22am
I wonder what their stock of Sierra boards is looking like. Can't believe they're still giving away boards after all this time.
I break balls.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2013 at 11:37am
According to my shopping cart on the-house.com (RC=Reverse Crew, BB=Bluebird, SS=Sierra Stunt, ST=Sierra Team):

RC 155....1641
RC 159....1157
RC 151.....167
RC 160W....641
RC 162......11

BB 156......23
BB 159......26
SS 147.....282
SS 155.....572
SS 158.....586
SS 153W....323
SS 159W....411
ST 157.......8

BTW, C4, please upload a new profile avatar - the thread page trembles like an epileptic who just downed 5 Monster Energy Drinks when a profile has an old avatar.

Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2013 at 12:31pm
wow..that's still a lot of RC's...they have a lot more Stunts than Bluebirds..i wonder why they're giving away more Bluebirds and not more Stunts right now
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2013 at 12:32pm
Why are new posts at the top of the first page when it used to be (and is on every forum I'm on) the last post on the last page?
Snow Day Colorado

Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2013 at 1:12pm
Holy crap, that's still a lot of inventory they got there!  Doesn't seem like they really put a dent in their inventory since turning into TS.
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2013 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

Holy crap, that's still a lot of inventory they got there!  Doesn't seem like they really put a dent in their inventory since turning into TS.

yeah..they should just go back to the daily giveaways and get those RCs out the door...even at that rate..it'll take a few years...
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2013 at 6:56pm
By my calculations they have 5,848 Sierra boards in the warehouse... that's a shitload of old boards.

If they gave away 1 RC every weekday for 1 year that would just be 260 boards.  It's time to turn up the intensity and give away 10 boards each weekday!!!
C4 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
aka cnr913

Quote C4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2013 at 6:57pm
Wooooooooow!!! That's crazy. 
Good work, sideways.
I break balls.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 244245246247248 249>