Free Daily Giveaways @ 3pm

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 232233234235236 249>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
derbytownjoe View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Online Status: Offline
  Quote derbytownjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Free Daily Giveaways @ 3pm
    Posted: Feb/29/2012 at 5:27am
Originally posted by EpicFAIL

Originally posted by ctoma

Originally posted by MrMeaty

I'm assuming you aren't making the Crew anymore (so bummed I didn't grab one), and I was wondering what would be given away after the current batch of stunt, RC, BlueBird and S90's were gone?  
Now that it's "True Outdoors" will the daily giveaway's be items other then snow related?  

Once the RCs, Bluebirds, Stunts and S90s run out TruOutdoors will be giving away... (* drumroll, please *) ....

PATIO FURNITURE!!!!
Sweet!!!! I need an awesome new lounger!!!!!!!!

Id be down for a nice adirondack chair!
Im Himmel gibt's kein Bier, drum trinken wir es hier.
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/29/2012 at 7:21am
Originally posted by winn

l said that like 1 yr ago, still waiting for my chance! from ss to TS to TO

When did they become TruOutdoors?
Snow Day Colorado

09 Sierra Crew | 10 Sierra Reverse Crew | 10 Sierra Bluebird | 09 Union Force | 10 Burton Triad | 11 Rome 390 | 10 Burton Moto
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/29/2012 at 7:24am
Originally posted by ctoma

PATIO FURNITURE!!!!

Old school...
Snow Day Colorado

09 Sierra Crew | 10 Sierra Reverse Crew | 10 Sierra Bluebird | 09 Union Force | 10 Burton Triad | 11 Rome 390 | 10 Burton Moto
Nire333 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Nire333 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/29/2012 at 7:25am
I think they updated their site to TruOutdoors about a week ago.
Nire333 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Nire333 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/29/2012 at 7:29am
I think they updated their site to TruOutdoors about a week ago.
ddomski View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ddomski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2012 at 6:58pm
damn, you'd think I'd win this eventually.
Gnu B Pro 152 BTX w/ Union Milan bindings
AyChan87 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Snowboarding

Quote AyChan87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2012 at 8:00pm
u will... might not be the board u want... 
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2012 at 4:45am
I'm still kicking myself...I won the Crew but wanted the Stunt and someone else won the stunt but wanted the crew so we traded.  However, I had them both at my house (since he won first) and the crew was SUPER NICE!  The stunt is fine for park stuff, and I didn't have a park board then, so I'm happy with it, but now the crew is no longer available, and it was a really nice board  Cry
'10 Sierra Stunt - '11 Rossignol One Mag - '11 Rome Targa - '12 Forum Shaka - '11 K2 Maysis - '12 Ride Hi-Phy
coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2012 at 4:59am
^free board, cant complain about that.  now it seems like you bascialyl have all their board except the bluebird one
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2012 at 6:34am
Originally posted by coolz

^free board, cant complain about that.  now it seems like you bascialyl have all their board except the bluebird one

He has one Sierra board, how is that "almost all of them"?
Snow Day Colorado

tworunningcards View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote tworunningcards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2012 at 2:49pm
Just won the RC today and I'm so pumped!
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2012 at 3:32pm
Hey tworunningcards, you won the RC today.
Nire333 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Nire333 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2012 at 6:35pm
Won an RC on 2/23. Just wondering when I should expect the code?? 1-2 more weeks or so sound right??
CLoSeR View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote CLoSeR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2012 at 5:42pm
The usual wait from winning is 2-3 weeks for a PM to arrive with your coupon code for purchase, I know that feeling be patient. ;D
10 Sierra Crew | 10 Rome Crail | 10 Union Sierra Contact SL | 10 Nitro Reverb TLS Boots
goalie35 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote goalie35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2012 at 12:47pm
wow cant wait to win

Nire333 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Nire333 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2012 at 1:16pm
Just got the coupon today!!! 2 weeks and 4 days.
daanbouman View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote daanbouman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2012 at 2:03pm
i actually think that most of the time, they actually make a profit on the daily giveaways. why else would they give so much stuff away every day?
jacko15 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jacko15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2012 at 3:17am
do you think that if I was to win (finger's crossed), they would ship to Australia for me (as a part of the winnings), or i'd have to pay for the shipping myself?? either way, it's win-win i guess.
coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2012 at 3:52am
^no matter if it is a winner/coupon winner or anything if it's free your going to have to pay for it
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2012 at 5:07am
Originally posted by coolz

Yeah...my profile pic is a bit misleading.  The crew in my pic is the one I had traded for the stunt, that's how I know how much nicer of a board it is then the stunt.  But I had to ship it out for the trade.  

That being said, I rode my stunt all day saturday in the slush and got more accustomed to it. a guy running the lift offered to buy it right off my feet once he found out I got it for free!  
I asked for $150 and he kept checking it out.  After lunch he pulled out a $100 bill and said he buy it for cash right then, but I said no...
'10 Sierra Stunt - '11 Rossignol One Mag - '11 Rome Targa - '12 Forum Shaka - '11 K2 Maysis - '12 Ride Hi-Phy
CLoSeR View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote CLoSeR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2012 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by jacko15

do you think that if I was to win (finger's crossed), they would ship to Australia for me (as a part of the winnings), or i'd have to pay for the shipping myself?? either way, it's win-win i guess.

You still need to pay for shipping, its $75 shipped to Australia. So in a way I paid for my Sierra Crew, but at that price it's a steal!
10 Sierra Crew | 10 Rome Crail | 10 Union Sierra Contact SL | 10 Nitro Reverb TLS Boots
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2012 at 8:25am
Originally posted by daanbouman

i actually think that most of the time, they actually make a profit on the daily giveaways. why else would they give so much stuff away every day?

I'm sure they write it off, and at full retail it's a brilliant writeoff.
Snow Day Colorado

humblerooster View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2012 at 10:10am
Originally posted by Superorb

Wow. That is genius! I also wondered why they would giveaway so much gear every week, but that makes a lot of sense.
belleayre View Drop Down
Local
Local
My son 2010

Quote belleayre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2012 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by humblerooster

Wow. That is genius! I also wondered why they would giveaway so much gear every week, but that makes a lot of sense.

I doubt they can write off the full retail, probably just the cost of goods. But maybe there's a CPA here who can comment on it.
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MTpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2012 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by belleayre

I doubt they can write off the full retail, probably just the cost of goods. But maybe there's a CPA here who can comment on it.

i'm no cpa but i'm almost positive you can't write something off for more than you paid for it.....
MOAR powderz plz!
dougfagel View Drop Down
Educator
Educator
Instructing How to Douglas!!

Quote dougfagel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2012 at 12:33pm
We cannot write something off at full retail only at cost. 

- Accounting 101
belleayre View Drop Down
Local
Local
My son 2010

Quote belleayre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2012 at 4:07pm

snowboardinrox357 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowboardinrox357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2012 at 4:11pm
TruSnow giveaways are awesome!
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2012 at 4:12pm
yeah dudes, just appreciate what they do for us and buy your gear !
belleayre View Drop Down
Local
Local
My son 2010

Quote belleayre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/20/2012 at 2:59am

ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/20/2012 at 3:51am
^ Ummmm, I think Doug already answered your question:

Originally posted by dougfagel

We cannot write something off at full retail only at cost. 

- Accounting 101
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/20/2012 at 6:42am
They make money because with the number of people that sign on every day but don't win, they are bound to buy something. 
derbytownjoe View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote derbytownjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/20/2012 at 6:52am

They make money because with the number of people that sign on every day but don't win, they are bound to buy something. 

what? people who visit the site buy things???? 

nooooo, that cant be right....LOL
Im Himmel gibt's kein Bier, drum trinken wir es hier.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/20/2012 at 7:00am
Originally posted by derbytownjoe

what? people who visit the site buy things???? 
nooooo, that cant be right....LOL

I'm just here for the food and witty repartee.
t1npbo9 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote t1npbo9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2012 at 1:45pm
i won the giveaway for yesterday! i am very thankful!!! hope to get the coupon code soon
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2012 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by t1npbo9

i won the giveaway for yesterday! i am very thankful!!! hope to get the coupon code soon

Congrats! Figure 3-4 weeks for the coupon to be PM'd to you.
Snow Day Colorado

winn View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
my collection

Quote winn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2012 at 1:56pm
l cure you and hope you get disqualifeid somehow...
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2012 at 1:58pm

l cure you and hope you get disqualifeid somehow...

Me?
Snow Day Colorado

winn View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
my collection

Quote winn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2012 at 5:02pm
not u, u won already didnt you superorb?
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2012 at 5:54pm
You can win again every so months though.
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
winn View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
my collection

Quote winn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2012 at 6:07pm
my grudge against him is temp gone, and transfered to ppl that just won recently 
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2012 at 8:00am
It's after 90 days.  I will be eligible again shortly after my birthday next month, so that would be a nice birthday present ;p
I need new bindings.  

Still wondering what's going to happen when they run out of current gear like they did with the Crew.  Are they making new snowboard models or are they going to start giving away bikes and skateboards and stuff?  
barnyard View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Banana

Quote barnyard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2012 at 8:16am
I never win.  So frustrating!
Lib Tech Skate Banana 159 (2007/2008) w/ Burton CO2 bindings (2007/2008) ; Sierra Reverse Crew 162 (2010) w/ Rome 390 Boss bindings (2010/2011)
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2012 at 8:58am

not u, u won already didnt you superorb?

Couple times. Look at my sig.
Snow Day Colorado

Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2012 at 8:59am

It's after 90 days.  I will be eligible again shortly after my birthday next month, so that would be a nice birthday present ;p
I need new bindings.  

Still wondering what's going to happen when they run out of current gear like they did with the Crew.  Are they making new snowboard models or are they going to start giving away bikes and skateboards and stuff?  

Good question, I do wonder if they already ran out of their Sierra stock or if Burton is still allowing them to buy more Sierra boards from them.  
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2012 at 7:50am
I'm not sure if it's sierra buying boards from burton or if sierra had them made in burton shops with buron specs, because the burton models of some of them are channel while sierra are hole pattern. 

The being said, I'd guess the answer is "no" since the boards they had were sierra and TruSnow (now truoutdoors) hasn't been sierra for some time now. 
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MTpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2012 at 7:53am

I'm not sure if it's sierra buying boards from burton or if sierra had them made in burton shops with buron specs, because the burton models of some of them are channel while sierra are hole pattern. 

The being said, I'd guess the answer is "no" since the boards they had were sierra and TruSnow (now truoutdoors) hasn't been sierra for some time now. 

when they're out... they're out... not sure what that means for the giveaway.. possibly the end? *gasp*

edit: sierra ordered/had them made in burton factory....
MOAR powderz plz!
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2012 at 8:05am
Originally posted by MTpow

when they're out... they're out... not sure what that means for the giveaway.. possibly the end? *gasp*

edit: sierra ordered/had them made in burton factory....

*gasp* is right!!!  Word on the street is once they run out of boards they will start giving away mustache grooming kits including mustache wax!!!
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2012 at 8:29am
i remember the time when they also gave out non-sierra boards. maybe they can do that and skateboards and bikes. or...maybe they can start doing tru-whatever collabs like the sierra collabs.
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MTpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2012 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by lightning80

i remember the time when they also gave out non-sierra boards. maybe they can do that and skateboards and bikes. or...maybe they can start doing tru-whatever collabs like the sierra collabs.

i highly doubt they are going to invest in collabs like Sierra did... different owners.. different mentalities... 

i would be all for mustache grooming and wax kits though.. i like where yer heads at ctoma
MOAR powderz plz!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 232233234235236 249>