Free Daily Giveaways @ 3pm

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 237238239240241 251>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Free Daily Giveaways @ 3pm
    Posted: Oct/10/2012 at 6:56pm
It is random. They put everyone who is logged in to TS into a randomizer and it picks a winner.
Cooperla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Cooperla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2012 at 6:58pm
Except for today, where they were only picking from members with an underscore in their username.
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2012 at 7:17pm
That was weird. What are the odds of all 3 winners having an underscore in their name.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2012 at 3:29am
Originally posted by chillwill

That was weird. What are the odds of all 3 winners having an underscore in their name.

Coincidence?  I think not.  It's a conspiracy!  I demand my name be changed immediately to:

_C_T_O_M_A_

And I will not take no for an answer!!!
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2012 at 6:56am
I'd like to know the percentage of winners that never claim their coupons.  I would be willing to venture it's upwards of 50%+.  How many people don't realize they've won? 
Especially if you take in consideration all of the board sleeves given away with time.  How many people were like, meh; not going to cash this in.
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2012 at 7:01am
Originally posted by JDiggidy

I'd like to know the percentage of winners that never claim their coupons.  I would be willing to venture it's upwards of 50%+.  How many people don't realize they've won? 
Especially if you take in consideration all of the board sleeves given away with time.  How many people were like, meh; not going to cash this in.
Well by default you get an email when you receive a new PM so if you don't know you've won it's your fault. I di agree that a lot of people may not want to pay shipping for a sleeve that they may not want in the first place.
Snow Day Colorado

09 Sierra Crew | 10 Sierra Reverse Crew | 10 Sierra Bluebird | 09 Union Force | 10 Burton Triad | 11 Rome 390 | 10 Burton Moto
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2012 at 7:03am
Originally posted by Superorb

Well by default you get an email when you receive a new PM so if you don't know you've won it's your fault. I di agree that a lot of people may not want to pay shipping for a sleeve that they may not want in the first place.
Oh ya, I forgot about the email notification.  I've never won, so I didn't know the process.  It would really be interesting to see how many boards go unclaimed.  Even paying for shipping; there's no way I wouldn't claim a new stick!
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2012 at 7:06am

Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2012 at 7:06am

Oh ya, I forgot about the email notification.  I've never won, so I didn't know the process.  It would really be interesting to see how many boards go unclaimed.  Even paying for shipping; there's no way I wouldn't claim a new stick!

I think I paid around $15 shipping for my last free board so it's definitely worth it!
Snow Day Colorado

09 Sierra Crew | 10 Sierra Reverse Crew | 10 Sierra Bluebird | 09 Union Force | 10 Burton Triad | 11 Rome 390 | 10 Burton Moto
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2012 at 7:17am
^ i paid $40 for my shipping
still happy about it... its a $600 board taken down to $300 but you can get it for $200 )=
still good!
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2012 at 7:19am
Still waiting for the day I win a board. I've pretty much logged in every day for the past 2 years. I'm not quite sure what I'd do if I won a sleeve. I'd probably still pay the shipping for it even though I already have a roller.
Check out my channel & SUBSCRIBE! www.youtube.com/fj5
bluepolkadot View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bluepolkadot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2012 at 7:20am
so you pay shipping on the free ones? darn not going to get out as scott free as i thought.

o well.

i bought a sierra, a week later won it. so i had to pay shipping to return the one i bought lol. o well the ~45 dollars total spent on shipping is cheaper than the price tag of the board!
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2012 at 7:21am
^ i paid $40 for my shipping
still happy about it... its a $600 board taken down to $300 but you can get it for $200 )=
still good!

how do you delete posts? refreshed the page and came out double posted.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2012 at 7:22am
i paid about $16 the last time i won the RC...that's dirt cheap for a great board. you can't even get crappy used boards off craigs list for that price.

i was able to pick it up to save on shipping the first time i won...when they still had a warehouse in cali...the good'ol SS days...
bluepolkadot View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bluepolkadot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/14/2012 at 10:10am
only took 12 days to get my coupon! way fast!
logsman1 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote logsman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/14/2012 at 12:53pm
i hate how the chances are so slim!
SubaruB4RSK View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote SubaruB4RSK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/14/2012 at 2:17pm

That happened to me.. I must of logged in here but left early because of the "I never win" long story short I think it was like 3 months later I logged in and I saw I had a PM and I won the sierra reverse crew.

They honored it and shipped it right out, I would of been super pissed if I missed it since I used to set my alarm to that and tried for 2 years!
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/14/2012 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by logsman1

In what world is 1 in 500 slim? You've been a member for 2 weeks, give it time.
Snow Day Colorado

ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/14/2012 at 5:13pm

In what world is 1 in 500 slim? You've been a member for 2 weeks, give it time.

+1.  Better odds here than just about any other giveaway, lottery, bingo, slot machine, etc.
letourneau41 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Good Day In The Backcountry

Quote letourneau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/14/2012 at 5:55pm
Got my coupon tonight for my S90's. Only took 2 weeks to get. Can't wait to get them.
thisisjoebro View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote thisisjoebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/14/2012 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by letourneau41

Got my coupon tonight for my S90's. Only took 2 weeks to get. Can't wait to get them.

Also got my coupon today for the stunt. My goal is to wing the rome bindings now so I can have a sierra setup hah.
humblerooster View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/14/2012 at 8:27pm
I won the Board Bag. But I really am looking forward to winning one of the main prizes. Its time for some new bindings anyway. Might as well win them.
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/15/2012 at 6:21pm

login everday at the right time and chances are very much in your favor*.

*gamblers fallacy notwithstanding. 
m00m
BearsWife View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote BearsWife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2012 at 1:19pm
I'm logging on every day! So hopeful :)
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2012 at 1:20pm
So if you're logged in, but the browser is closed, are you part on the daily give away?
bigheadsnowboy View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote bigheadsnowboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2012 at 12:59am
Why wasn't, there a winner yesturday?
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2012 at 1:09pm
I won a Bag today. :)
Will I have to wait the 2 to 3 weeks to get my code or are they caught up on sending those out?
kellingnick View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.
Don't have a picture of me boarding

Quote kellingnick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2012 at 12:52pm
I am new here, how do these daily giveaways work?
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2012 at 1:17pm
you just log in to your TruSnow account and right at 3pm west coast time and the site will randomly pick one name for the grand prize.
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote kellingnick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2012 at 3:46pm
Alright, is there only one winner?
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2012 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by kellingnick

Alright, is there only one winner?
depends on the amount of people logged in but at least one winner every weekday
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2012 at 5:49pm
logged in almost everyday for the last 3 years.. Still waiting for that day Sleepy
cruiserbear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote cruiserbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/05/2012 at 11:16am
it took me 3 years of logging-on almost every day, but I finally won a snowboard! The Sierra Stunt arrived the other day. Looking forward to giving it a ride...
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 12:50pm
Its been a year for me. I cant wait for the day I win a board!
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote kellingnick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 1:05pm
Who has ever won something and what did you win?
Lyedroth View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Lyedroth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 1:28pm
This is so awesome!
Lyedroth View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Lyedroth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 1:29pm
This is so awesome!
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by kellingnick

Who has ever won something and what did you win?

Many people have won, and they won the same things they're giving away now.
Snow Day Colorado

haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 5:52pm
I got dibs on the sierra rc! wait..dibs don't work on the randomizer does it?Cry
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by haiv143

logged in almost everyday for the last 3 years.. Still waiting for that day Sleepy

3 years..and only 31 posts...why don't you try being more active with the community and get freebies with pts that don't require a randomizer?
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/07/2012 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by lightning80

3 years..and only 31 posts...why don't you try being more active with the community and get freebies with pts that don't require a randomizer?

A lot of people just log in a 3 everyday and then log out. Posting is just too much effort for them I guess. But I agree, get involved with threads and win some goggles and bindings in no time. Im reaching my 1500 mark soon.
snowflakez View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote snowflakez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/07/2012 at 3:44pm
Do they give away helmets?
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/07/2012 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by snowflakez

Do they give away helmets?
Not lately,  they might have in the past, possible 3 years ago?
so far its been boards/bindings/bags

^^its the mod police, it does take too much effort. you open a new topic it gets flagged down as spam and locked up.
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/07/2012 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by lightning80

I'm more active in chat room and I'm not really a forum person but i've been learning. ^^this is my first quote attempt so forgive me if it doesn't look right. Wink
ChiTownRon View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/07/2012 at 10:24pm
Love the giveaways and this site for doing them. So far managed to win a Blue Bird and just recently the Sierra Bag. Hopefully down the line I could win a pair of the bindings, Stunt or RC. That would be too sick if I was able to just get any of those.
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/08/2012 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by ChiTownRon

Love the giveaways and this site for doing them. So far managed to win a Blue Bird and just recently the Sierra Bag. Hopefully down the line I could win a pair of the bindings, Stunt or RC. That would be too sick if I was able to just get any of those.

Oh nice, you won the blue bird. Im waiting for the day I can win that BEAUTIFUL board. Do you like how it rides?
Lyedroth View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Lyedroth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/08/2012 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by humblerooster

Originally posted by ChiTownRon

Oh nice, you won the blue bird. Im waiting for the day I can win that BEAUTIFUL board. Do you like how it rides?

Yeah i was thinking about getting that board myself let me know how it is.
snowflakez View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote snowflakez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2012 at 3:31pm
oh
well do you where I can get a cheap but helmet thats not crappy.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2012 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by snowflakez

oh
well do you where I can get a cheap but helmet thats not crappy.

Don't go cheap on a helmet, isn't your brain worth spending a little more?
keljai View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote keljai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2012 at 6:31pm
just wondering, are they still doing the giveaway... doesnt seem like they are updating the winners anymore
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 237238239240241 251>