Topic ClosedOh Yeas! (Pics on pg. 3)

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  123 4>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bastimret View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oh Yeas! (Pics on pg. 3)
    Posted: Feb/22/2008 at 2:27pm
So I got my Trice in today, and I've got a delam issue.  There is a 3 inch section about 1 inch deep, where the topsheet has completely separated from the core.  Called SS to get it replaced, and the remaining 157 Trices were sold this morning.  And since I told them to refund me for the one I bought, instead of sending me a second one when I won the Trice in the giveaway on Wednesday, it's not coming and was probably one of the three sold this morning.

So, my question is, do I just return this one to SS and get a refund, and pick out a different board?  Or do I try to get this one replaced through Mervin?  I've been wanting the Trice all season (especially with the 08 topsheet design), I don't even have a clue what other board I'd be interested replacing it with. Thoughts?

The other kicker is that I'm going to Denver from March 6th-9th to ride with Bruizza, and now, more than likely, I'm not going to have a new board to ride out there.  Cry

I'm not pissed off or anything, just sad that I might not end up with the Trice I've wanted all season.  SS was more than helpful, but unfortunately, just can't replace the board since you guys snagged the rest of them at these amazing prices Wink 
Kevin View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/22/2008 at 3:21pm
what? I thought you were getting another TRICE because you won it.
Not really getting it here...
but it's def possible to get a new board before march 5th.
beezy21 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/22/2008 at 3:24pm
since you've wanted this board so badly, i say use your warranty and get it taken care of
kimchijajonshim View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Bear Hugs!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/22/2008 at 3:29pm
Here's what I would do: call up Lib, talk to them, tell them the board is delamed out of the plastic, but you still really want to ride it.  See if they'll let you temporary seal it up with epoxy, go shred with Bruizza, then send it back to them for a warranty.  I mean they're going to replace it one way or another, so I wouldn't think it should be that big an issue.

One issue: Lib has smaller production runs as opposed to Burton, Salomon, K2, etc., so they might not have any more TRice's left, so you might be "stuck" with a promise for an 09.
ROLL ON, BISHES.
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/22/2008 at 3:39pm
i say you E punch whichever SS worker sent you that POS board.  I mean come on SS workers the damn thing was delammed when you sent it.  You should treat the regs better than that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JK I know you guys didn't do it on purpose and it was an honest mistake.
www.chargeharder.com
myke View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/22/2008 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by Kevin

what? I thought you were getting another TRICE because you won it.
Not really getting it here...
but it's def possible to get a new board before march 5th.

I think the sequence of events was:

1) he bought a trice....
2) before his trice was shipped, he lucked out like crazy, and won one.
3) he cancelled his order for the one he bought, since he just got one for free.
4) sierra shipped the one he won.
5) sierra sold out of all remaining trice's.
6) he got the one he won, and it's delam'd.

I'm here for the gangbang....
bastimret View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/22/2008 at 7:58pm
Close Sinixstar.  Went like this:

1) bought a trice last Thursday.
2) After it was shipped, I lucked out like crazy, and won one.
3) SS refunded my original purchase from Thursday, since I just won one for free, so the one that I had bought, and was in transit, became the free Trice.
4) sierra kept the one I won and put it back in the store's inventory.
5) sierra sold out of all remaining trice's.
6) I received the one I had originally bought (and was refunded the $$ for), and it's delam'd.

Talked to Jenn and Lisa about it some tonight, and also sent a message with pics of the issue to Lib Tech (and the guy who got it responded saying he was forwarding it on the the appropriate people).  More than likely, I'm just going to handle it through Lib Tech.  Based on the damage, I think it definitly should be covered under warranty.  And I'd really like to have the Trice replaced with something similar, if not the same board. 

Also, SS can't just swap the board out for another board of equal value.  This is due to the fact that I'm not actually doing a return for a $$ value on the board.  After I won the contest and they refunded my original purchase $$ from last week, what I have at this point is a free board that I won in the giveaway, not one that I actually paid for.  Due to that, they'd have to get management approval to do the swap, and if Lib Tech is willing to work with me on warranty coverage, then there's no need for SS to go through all that.

It was just a bad coincidence that I happened to get a board with an issue right as they sold the last ones in the warehouse.  I'll get it taken care of, I just wish I knew if I was going to have a new stick to ride in Denver or not.  Depending on what Lib says, I'll try your suggestion too Kimchi.  Thanks.
esy.iam View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/22/2008 at 8:22pm
bastimret, i would also mention to Lib that you have plans to be going out of state for a trip and REALLY need a board. you can either lie and say this is your only one and you've sold your others or you could say that this is the only one you want to be riding and can bring. whatever's clever. basically, get the point across that you need a board NOW. they've already got '09 stuff in production, and they can easily get that out to you. it's just a matter of time and if they want to release an '09 to just anyone in the middle of the season.

honestly, if they took care of their consumers (i've heard de-lams happening to their stuff like maybe 5/10 people), they'd take care of it immediately. just make sure you get that point across of wanting and needing that board now.
peace.
bastimret View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/23/2008 at 5:25am
Thanks esy.  I sent Lib an email message with the pics, so they have those, and I'm going to follow it up with a phone call today.  I'll stress that point to them on the phone.
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/23/2008 at 9:37am
Yeah u can't come to colorado and bring some weak sauce gear. Worse case scenario just ride the delamed board while u r here then send it in for warranty.
www.chargeharder.com
Instructor
Instructor
Bear Hugs!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/23/2008 at 9:46am
Originally posted by BRUIZZA

Yeah u can't come to colorado and bring some weak sauce gear. Worse case scenario just ride the delamed board while u r here then send it in for warranty.

Or he could always take that banana off your hands since you don't support companies that make skis Wink
ROLL ON, BISHES.
bastimret View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/23/2008 at 12:18pm
I'll wait and see what Lib says first Bru.  Could be that since I've provided evidence of the damage, they'll be ok with that.  Maybe not.  I dunno.  I guess they don't work on weekends since no one is returning my call.  Probably have to wait till Monday.
bastimret View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2008 at 7:28am

So I finally heard back from Lib’s warranty service group today, and they said that from the pics it definitely looks like a separation issue and a warranty replacement, though ultimately they’ll need to inspect the board first hand to verify that it is a new board with a top sheet seal issue.  Unfortunately I won’t have a replacement in 9 days to take to Denver.  Cry

Fortunately, I can get it replaced with an 09 BTX Travis Rice Pro! Big%20smile  So now I need to decide on a size.  Should I got with 157, 159, or 162.  The 157 is blunt, the 162 is pointy, but the guy said that his books didn’t state if the 159 was blunt or pointy, but he’d probably guess blunt.  Waist width on the 162 is 26.0, 159 is 25.9, and 158 is 25.8, so any of those would fit my 11.5 boots. 

Seeing as how I’m 6’1” and around 190-195lbs usually, what length should I get in the BTX?  Do you really need to size down a step or two from what you’d normally ride?  Should I even get the BTX version, or should I stick with the 09 MTX version?

Thoughts? 

BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2008 at 7:53am
I'd get the 159.
www.chargeharder.com
Instructor
Instructor
Bear Hugs!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2008 at 8:32am
Not sure about the T.Rice, but Bruizza's 159 Banana and the 159 TRS BTX I demoed felt great.

I really wanted to demo that board, sounds like the perfect kind of board for me, with the BTX tech.  Neat!
ROLL ON, BISHES.
bastimret View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2008 at 9:16am
Ok, I'll put in a request to have it replaced with an 09 BTX TRice in the 159 flavor.  I have to pay a $25 upcharge to swap the MTX 08 out for the BTX 09, but that's fine with me.  Now I just have to ship the board out this afternoon and wait. 

And wait. 

And wait. 

It'll probably be awhile before they ship the replacement out.  Gonna be a looooong summer.

Any idea if the BTX version of the Trice is going to have a different or altered topsheet design from the MTX version (like the 08 TRS BTX yellow/green skull vs the MTX version's red/orange/yellow design)?
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2008 at 9:30am
If u send the board like 3 day express or something they still can't get u your new board before u head out here?
www.chargeharder.com
dcboardman View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.
East Coast Rider

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2008 at 9:31am
Nice!  I wonder if I could order an 08 trice on sale, and then "find it had a delam problem", too (with a steak-knife)... and then upgrade to the btx...
Crabcakes and Football. That's what Maryland does!!!
Mightyd View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2008 at 10:08am
That's a sweet, sweet deal.  I'd have to agree that I'd probably go with the 159, and nothing like paying '08 discounted factory second prices for a brand new '09 BTX.  I sure hope mine comes in with some delam issues.
bastimret View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2008 at 11:45am

If u send the board like 3 day express or something they still can't get u your new board before u head out here?

No way, the only 09 Trices that they have any of on hand is the 157 MTX version, and there's like 2 of them.  The rest, including all of the BTX version sizes, haven't even been made yet.  So I have to wait for them to make them, then they'll send out my replacement.  It could be quite awhile before I get the board, but it'll be before next season starts.

But I'll still bring my 161 CHB with me, and I can always try out your nanner too Wink
bastimret View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2008 at 11:47am
Originally posted by Mightyd

That's a sweet, sweet deal.  I'd have to agree that I'd probably go with the 159, and nothing like paying '08 discounted factory second prices for a brand new '09 BTX.  I sure hope mine comes in with some delam issues.

while it is nice, I'm now stuck without my new board now, possibly for months until they produce the board I requested and send it to me.  And right before my trip to Denver.  So that kinda sucks.
gsrrr View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
shred ze gnar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2008 at 11:53am
$25+ shipping and some waiting for an 09 trice btx? sweet ass deal
stomata View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2008 at 11:54am
[repeated] sorry
My snowboards:
Nitro Wiig
Rome Graft
Ride DH
GNU Rider's Choice MTX
Lib Tech T-Rice
Lib Tech Skate Banana
Burton X8
stomata View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2008 at 11:57am
Originally posted by stomata

Sorry to hear that
but I am one of the last four guys picked up the TRice 157.
I was trying to call SS Friday to cancel my order and change to Dark Series.
But the UPS guys just game and picked up the package, so it's on the way to my apartment.

25+ for a 09 banana
DAMN YOU LUCKY AZZ!!!!!
let me break my Dark-Series this weekend and have it replaced with a Banana Dark-Series!!!!
My snowboards:
Nitro Wiig
Rome Graft
Ride DH
GNU Rider's Choice MTX
Lib Tech T-Rice
Lib Tech Skate Banana
Burton X8
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2008 at 12:13pm
oh well bast I will have a couple boards you can borrow if you like when you get out here.
www.chargeharder.com
myke View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2008 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by bastimret

while it is nice, I'm now stuck without my new board now, possibly for months until they produce the board I requested and send it to me.  And right before my trip to Denver.  So that kinda sucks.

yea - but you're getting an '09 board before anybody else for $25.... that doesn't really suck....

I'm here for the gangbang....
stomata View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2008 at 12:38pm
bastimret I can send you my 157 T-rice +$25 and you have the banana directly send to me
thanks
My snowboards:
Nitro Wiig
Rome Graft
Ride DH
GNU Rider's Choice MTX
Lib Tech T-Rice
Lib Tech Skate Banana
Burton X8
bastimret View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2008 at 3:56pm

Sorry to hear that
but I am one of the last four guys picked up the TRice 157.
I was trying to call SS Friday to cancel my order and change to Dark Series.
But the UPS guys just game and picked up the package, so it's on the way to my apartment.

25+ for a 09 banana
DAMN YOU LUCKY AZZ!!!!!
let me break my Dark-Series this weekend and have it replaced with a Banana Dark-Series!!!!

Well, I guess I should thank you now, huh?  LOL

Are they doing the Dark in a nanner next season?  That would be a killer bombing board.

oh well bast I will have a couple boards you can borrow if you like when you get out here.

Thanks.  I'll still be bringing the Gnu CHB with me, but I would like to test out a couple of your boards, mainly the skate nanner of course Wink 

But hey, I honestly don't care what I'm riding as long as I'm in some snow.  Give me a 2x4 and I'll screw my bindings onto it, I don't care!  I'm tired of all this crappy rain and 70 degree weather in GA.  Angry

Originally posted by Sinixstar

yea - but you're getting an '09 board before anybody else for $25.... that doesn't really suck....

. . . . . . very good point.  I just wish I had a better idea of what the wait time is going to be like.  It's going to drive me crazy!

bastimret I can send you my 157 T-rice +$25 and you have the banana directly send to me
thanks

hmmm, unfortunately, they'll be delivering it by hand and will require two forms of picture ID and a retinal scan to take posession of the board, so I'm not sure if that will work.

Instructor
Instructor
Bear Hugs!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2008 at 4:55pm
Bast, they are doing a Dark with BT next year.  I was JUST about to jump on one before a shop kid brought in the TRS BTX that I wanted to ride.
ROLL ON, BISHES.
bastimret View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2008 at 4:59pm
Nice.  I'm looking forward to demoing Bruizzas nanner Smile
Kevin View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2008 at 5:01pm

Nice.  I'm looking forward to demoing Bruizzas nanner Smile

Be sure to tell us how it feels to ride on bruizza's nanner.

I'm just kiddingLOL
bastimret View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2008 at 5:10pm
Damn, took you guys long enough to finally crack a joke about it.  I thought I was going to have to do it myself. LOL
JeffSoSavvy View Drop Down
Love to Hate, and Hate to Love

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2008 at 5:17pm
bast though luck about what happened and all, especially how stoked you was man. But nice that you are getting th BTX Trice, you'll be getting a board that I want for next year!
The Showstopper, The Headliner, The Main Event, The ICON!
ste_funny View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2008 at 5:18pm

Damn, took you guys long enough to finally crack a joke about it.  I thought I was going to have to do it myself. LOL

dude, kevin beat me to it!  but congrats on the new board, again. LOL 
stomata View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2008 at 5:58pm

hmmm, unfortunately, they'll be delivering it by hand and will require two forms of picture ID and a retinal scan to take posession of the board, so I'm not sure if that will work.

now I wish I will get a defect board tomorrow....
My snowboards:
Nitro Wiig
Rome Graft
Ride DH
GNU Rider's Choice MTX
Lib Tech T-Rice
Lib Tech Skate Banana
Burton X8
bastimret View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/26/2008 at 5:22am
well, like I said, I'm still kinda sad about not getting to ride it next week, since I live in GA and only get to hit the snow a few days out of the year, and this was my main trip for the season, unlike you lucky SOB's that practically live in it :)  If I could only convince my wife to move to a colder climate!

But the BTX will be a nice upgrade for next season.
duchsauce View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/26/2008 at 5:37am
Is delam a common problem with these boards?  Mine should be here in a few days and I was looking forward to taking it to VT this weekend.  
Instructor
Instructor
Bear Hugs!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/26/2008 at 5:51am
Originally posted by duchsauce

Is delam a common problem with these boards?  Mine should be here in a few days and I was looking forward to taking it to VT this weekend.  

I don't have empirical data, but anecdotally I do hear about Lib Tech delams and problems more so than with other boards.  However, it would make sense that they would have more issues due to the fact that their boards are "hand built."  You can say all you want about the extra attention granted via their construction process, the simple fact of the matter is that a human being cannot be as consistent from board to board as a machine.  On the plus side though, everything I've seen shows that Mervin stands behind its product and if your board delams, you will get a replacement (though probably next year's model due to Lib's smaller production runs).
ROLL ON, BISHES.
bastimret View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/26/2008 at 6:06am
What he said ^
duchsauce View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/26/2008 at 6:09am
Thanks, looks like I'll be happy either way.
stomata View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/26/2008 at 9:34am

well, like I said, I'm still kinda sad about not getting to ride it next week, since I live in GA and only get to hit the snow a few days out of the year, and this was my main trip for the season, unlike you lucky SOB's that practically live in it :) If I could only convince my wife to move to a colder climate!

But the BTX will be a nice upgrade for next season.

WOO WOO WOO
are you sure you can't let me take over the wait for you?
I can pay you 50$!!!
My snowboards:
Nitro Wiig
Rome Graft
Ride DH
GNU Rider's Choice MTX
Lib Tech T-Rice
Lib Tech Skate Banana
Burton X8
bastimret View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/26/2008 at 9:46am
Yea, pretty sure I'm set there.  Thanks for looking out for me though Wink
stomata View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/26/2008 at 10:04am

Yea, pretty sure I'm set there. Thanks for looking out for me though Wink

I am sad
Hope they can ship you the new board before your trip~~
My snowboards:
Nitro Wiig
Rome Graft
Ride DH
GNU Rider's Choice MTX
Lib Tech T-Rice
Lib Tech Skate Banana
Burton X8
bastimret View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/26/2008 at 1:38pm
I wish, but no way that is happening.  They haven't even made any yet.
stomata View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/26/2008 at 2:19pm

I wish, but no way that is happening. They haven't even made any yet.

I think they had some in SAI, and they had made some for boardshops demos.
so they might..... have one in their warehouse..........
My snowboards:
Nitro Wiig
Rome Graft
Ride DH
GNU Rider's Choice MTX
Lib Tech T-Rice
Lib Tech Skate Banana
Burton X8
bastimret View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/26/2008 at 2:34pm
possibly, but the guy I talked to made it sound like I'd be waiting awhile for anything other than the 157 MTX version.
Black BNR32 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/27/2008 at 1:42pm
hey bas did they metion what other sizes were offered?  Looking for something below the 57.
bastimret View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/27/2008 at 2:48pm
They'll have sizes down into the 140's from what he said.  I think down to a 142 or 143.
stomata View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/27/2008 at 2:52pm

They'll have sizes down into the 140's from what he said. I think down to a 142 or 143.

you kidding me?
142 143 are girls' board....
My snowboards:
Nitro Wiig
Rome Graft
Ride DH
GNU Rider's Choice MTX
Lib Tech T-Rice
Lib Tech Skate Banana
Burton X8
bastimret View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/27/2008 at 3:00pm

Hey, I'm just passing along what he told me.  Seemed weird to me too that the standard Trice would just be the same 4 sizes like 08, the two blunt and the two pointy.  But the BTX version is supposed to have a bunch more sizes, including the 159 I ordered. 

They are supposed to contact me when they get my damaged Trice, so they can confirm that it will be replaced, and for me to pay the $25 up charge.  I'll ask them about it again then.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>