Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Colorado
    Posted: Feb/22/2015 at 6:08am
First chair up to Spaulding Bowl...epic. Then hit the trees next to copulopolous(or some funny name) where it had been closed to a race course...opened to a huge untouched run out...took that three time. Then hit enchanted forest on back...awesome day of riding!
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/21/2015 at 8:05am
Will do.
Snow Day Colorado

09 Sierra Crew | 10 Sierra Reverse Crew | 10 Sierra Bluebird | 09 Union Force | 10 Burton Triad | 11 Rome 390 | 10 Burton Moto
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/21/2015 at 7:04am
Thanks man!  I lost my phone but if you post here we could still potentially meet up Monday.  Monday looks like it has a chance to be the best day.
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/20/2015 at 8:09pm
Yeah, there's no way we're coming out Saturday. I70 is already at a standstill from the tunnel to Dillon and it's Friday night. Tomorrow will be a complete disaster. If my wife gets a snow day Monday we might come out, but the odds of them calling a snow day is pretty slim.

You have fun though, you'll be getting tons of snow.
Snow Day Colorado

09 Sierra Crew | 10 Sierra Reverse Crew | 10 Sierra Bluebird | 09 Union Force | 10 Burton Triad | 11 Rome 390 | 10 Burton Moto
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/20/2015 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by )(nfinit)(

mtn traffic on i70 is ridiculous.  never really understood why people travel to CO instead of SLC.  Maybe the nightlife of breck or something.  

@schwazy - this weekend is going to be packed at the base of copper.  do yourself a favor and hit the superbee lift (east village) and never return to center village after 930.  It will be a gigantic lift line.  

Sierra Chair, Rendezvous, Resolution, Mountain Chief, Black Jack are the chairs that may not be as crowded but still have reasonable terrain.  Usually around 10am (if the flag flies) the cat will give you a free trip to the saddle near tucker mountain.  about a 20-30 min hike gives you relatively untracked lines, but the new snow may keep this closed through the weekend (bonus for you if/when it opens).  I am guessing, if it actually snows, avy control will be going on most of saturday.  
Check out union meadows off of sierra chair if you want a decent run as well (though the trek out can be a b***h).  You just drop off to the west from sierra then head underneath the poma and continue on.  ends in a long flat run, but it can be worth it.

Copper is my favorite Summit mtn, have fun.  Terrain park will be in good shape tomorrow before the snow hits...

CME is one of the most common shuttles to summit.  

Thanks for the tips man it is really appreciated!!
SLUSHIE View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote SLUSHIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/19/2015 at 10:40pm
I've been to Colorado three times and Utah once.  I like Colorado much better.  Of course with the Vail pass it makes a world off difference.  Last year I went to my local Tahoe resorts, Utah and Colorado all in the same season... on a $500 pass.  Doesn't get better than that.  Now with Park City on the Vail pass that could make a bit of difference, but there is just so much terrain available in CO for one cost.

This year I've only gone to Northstar in California, and unless something changes soon I probably wont go anywhere again in CA.  I did however go to Colorado in January and went to the 4 major Vail resorts, and also to Arapahoe for the first time.  I'm now making plans to go back to Colorado for another week in March.
Buckshot View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Buckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/19/2015 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by )(nfinit)(

mtn traffic on i70 is ridiculous.  never really understood why people travel to CO instead of SLC.  Maybe the nightlife of breck or something.  

My friends and I hate SLC. Been twice, hopefully never again. CO is always cheaper, better conditions, friendlier people (resortists and locals) and waaaayyy more liquor friendly.

We go for a full week every year so we travel mid week so we've never had traffic problems.

Big Sky was great too.
Burton Custom X C02 EST '09 | Burton Hero ICS Infidel (Regs) '10
)(nfinit)( View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
ht sunset

Quote )(nfinit)( Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/19/2015 at 11:38am

@schwazy - this weekend is going to be packed at the base of copper.  do yourself a favor and hit the superbee lift (east village) and never return to center village after 930.  It will be a gigantic lift line.  

Sierra Chair, Rendezvous, Resolution, Mountain Chief, Black Jack are the chairs that may not be as crowded but still have reasonable terrain.  Usually around 10am (if the flag flies) the cat will give you a free trip to the saddle near tucker mountain.  about a 20-30 min hike gives you relatively untracked lines, but the new snow may keep this closed through the weekend (bonus for you if/when it opens).  I am guessing, if it actually snows, avy control will be going on most of saturday.  
Check out union meadows off of sierra chair if you want a decent run as well (though the trek out can be a b***h).  You just drop off to the west from sierra then head underneath the poma and continue on.  ends in a long flat run, but it can be worth it.

Copper is my favorite Summit mtn, have fun.  Terrain park will be in good shape tomorrow before the snow hits...

CME is one of the most common shuttles to summit.  
x_X
MikeD13559 View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MikeD13559 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/19/2015 at 9:38am
Originally posted by Superorb

Originally posted by MikeD13559

Dang it.  Maybe next time you can meet Hans.  LOL

I always here about the traffic on 70.  I have yet to see it.  But, I believe!  LOL  It's prob because I have never ridden on a weekend in CO.  And my buddy takes 6 after Idaho Springs (if there is any traffic) and hits up what used to be Kermits (forgot what they changed the name to...) for a bloody mary and some chili or other food.  He lives in the Broomfield area. 

Weekends are when it's a disaster. It's now The Tributary At 244. http://thetributary244.com/.

We've taken 6 going west and it was still a disaster. But now that going east beginning at Idaho Springs is now 3 lanes all the way to Denver there's no reason to take 6. The highway system in Denver sucks if you're coming form the mountains and you live off 36. They desperately need a north/south highway right around where 93 is. The same goes for 76 going NE. All these diagonal highways are mentally challenged unless you need to go in those directions. We live by 76 and frequently need to go NW, but there are no highways so it takes forever.

Yeah I have noticed how weird it is to get around.. weird direction to loop around to get places in Denver for sure. 
I don't think I'm bad... I don't box, no karate... just here to make friends with everybody
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/19/2015 at 8:31am

I always here about the traffic on 70.  I have yet to see it.  But, I believe!  LOL  It's prob because I have never ridden on a weekend in CO.  And my buddy takes 6 after Idaho Springs (if there is any traffic) and hits up what used to be Kermits (forgot what they changed the name to...) for a bloody mary and some chili or other food.  He lives in the Broomfield area. 

Weekends are when it's a disaster. It's now The Tributary At 244. http://thetributary244.com/.

We've taken 6 going west and it was still a disaster. But now that going east beginning at Idaho Springs is now 3 lanes all the way to Denver there's no reason to take 6. The highway system in Denver sucks if you're coming form the mountains and you live off 36. They desperately need a north/south highway right around where 93 is. The same goes for 76 going NE. All these diagonal highways are mentally challenged unless you need to go in those directions. We live by 76 and frequently need to go NW, but there are no highways so it takes forever.
Snow Day Colorado

Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MikeD13559 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/19/2015 at 8:26am

Damn, nothing available for tomorrow night. Might still come out, but it'll depend on how early we can leave Saturday morning. Traffic on I70 is always a flippin disaster.

I don't think I'm bad... I don't box, no karate... just here to make friends with everybody
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/19/2015 at 8:03am
Damn, nothing available for tomorrow night. Might still come out, but it'll depend on how early we can leave Saturday morning. Traffic on I70 is always a flippin disaster.
Snow Day Colorado

Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MikeD13559 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/19/2015 at 7:31am
  The Snowshoe Inn is  a little hotel/ motel in Frisco.  Owned by some Austrian (if I recall correctly) dudes.  One guy's name is Hans.... Yeah for real... it's Hans!  LOL!   He's super cool.  He gave my buddy and I a deal that 1st night I ever stayed there when ever that was... about 7 yrs ago. (I've stayed there about 10 nights over the yrs)  We went to the office to pay my extra share...  And we rapped with him about riding at Copper earlier that day and told him we were hitting up Loveland the next day.  He was going to charge us for 2 ppl in the room.  And Hans said, "Oh, just for just one night?  ahhh shtook it (with a thick accent)... no charge.  I said, "Really shtook it!?"  (with a little accent by accident... my buddy elbowed me in the side).   Hans said, "Yeah shtook it... it's all good you know?..... You go to Loveland tomorrow eehhh?"  I like Loveland!!!  Is good time... they are chill you know?....  You can smoke.. you know? WinkBig smile smoke   eeehhh?  (He did a motion like he was smoking a joint)  Is good time there.  I like Loveland.. no one is stuck up like the big resorts.  You just ski... or ride and enjoy.  You guys have fun tomorrow. Smile  "  Thanks Hans

That's one of my fav little stories/ memories from riding in CO.

So, the Snowshoe is about $70/ night. The rooms are clean, there is a hot tub and a sauna.  It's in a great spot in Frisco pretty much in the center of town.  There is a bus stop right in front of the motel.  Shops and restaurants within walking distance, or take the bus to them.  Stickers and stuff on posts and railings around the hotel.  It's a great little spot for a cheap stay.

Here's a link to their site:
http://https://snowshoemotel.com/

no idea if they have anything available.  But, it's a good spot to keep in mind for the future if nothing else.

Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2015 at 9:18pm

Snowshoe is all booked up too? Dang... I love that little spot Smile   I stayed there before my 1st epic CO powder day about 7 yrs ago.. we woke up to the sounds of them doing avy control.. Boom

Where is Snowshoe? I've been to Snowshoe Resort in WV, but I haven't heard of it in CO.

Originally posted by shwazy

^^ Thanks

^ I would offer you a place to crash but I am already floor bound at my buddy's room :(  If you head out post here and I will check Saturday morning.

No big deal, I don't think my wife would approve of crashing on the floor at someone's place she's never met. I'll be sure to post here if we do decide to go. But either way you'll have a blast.

https://opensnow.com/location/copper
Snow Day Colorado

Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MikeD13559 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2015 at 8:30pm

We might go out this weekend, but my brother doesn't get in till next Thursday. Copper should be getting a bunch of snow this weekend, so you'll definitely be set. I was thinking of staying Friday night b/c Saturday morning looks great, but all the hotels are booked so we don't have a place to stay. It's gonna be busy.

Snowshoe is all booked up too? Dang... I love that little spot Smile   I stayed there before my 1st epic CO powder day about 7 yrs ago.. we woke up to the sounds of them doing avy control.. Boom
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2015 at 8:11pm
^^ Thanks

^ I would offer you a place to crash but I am already floor bound at my buddy's room :(  If you head out post here and I will check Saturday morning.

Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2015 at 7:45pm
We might go out this weekend, but my brother doesn't get in till next Thursday. Copper should be getting a bunch of snow this weekend, so you'll definitely be set. I was thinking of staying Friday night b/c Saturday morning looks great, but all the hotels are booked so we don't have a place to stay. It's gonna be busy.
Snow Day Colorado

Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MikeD13559 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2015 at 7:39pm

You still heading out this weekend? I am flying into Denver tomorrow afternoon. What is the best way from airport to Copper...I think I am looking at one of the shuttles.

The shuttles are def the way to go.  Way cheaper than renting.  Esp if you are staying at one resort.  Once you are in Summit County the shuttles/ buses are free. And it's super easy to get around.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2015 at 7:17pm
You still heading out this weekend? I am flying into Denver tomorrow afternoon. What is the best way from airport to Copper...I think I am looking at one of the shuttles.
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2015 at 9:06am
Holy crap, $128?!?! The 5pack I bought back in September was $130-$150, so it was only $26-$30 per day. I can't remember the exact price though. My brother lives in FL and will usually come out to ride for one day a year. A few years ago he came out for a whole week and we had a blast. I don't know what we're doing for tickets this year, we've had season passes in the past and he paid $55 with our buddy passes, but the Four Packs do not have that I don't believe. I might pick up a ticket from Craigslist.

Yes, front side above treeline is huge. We've never done it b/c it's all black, but it's on the list. 
Snow Day Colorado

shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2015 at 7:32am
Get this the day rate at copper is 128 bucks per day!  

The front side areas above the treeline?

Okay cool, I look forward to linking up.

So your brother did not buy the local 5 day pass? What did he pay for the day rate so far this year?
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2015 at 8:43am
Yeah, definitely would like to meetup.

There's a single blue run, but it's a narrow cat track and was difficult for us at times riding. Easy peasy for skiers though. The backside is fairly small though, the map makes it look bigger than it is. And there are other areas above treeline that are huge, but the map makes them look small.

Holy crap, $300 for a 4day pass?!?!?! We bought our 5day passes for $130 back in September locally. They really stick it to non-residents! The Vail-owned resorts are even worse though, I don't think they discount anything, so you always pay full price which can be $115 at some places/days.
Snow Day Colorado

shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2015 at 6:02am
The further out u buy the tickets in a pack the better the deal u get but the difference is not much . For example the 4 day pack is 320 bucks a few days out and 300 2 months out. I am guessing we will all have packs but let's stay in touch on that :) 

It would still be cool to link up for a few runs regardless if blue or black :)

So the whole backside is black diamond? :)
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2015 at 8:29am
We don't have a Shell station near us or we'd just pickup coupons for you and hand them over. If you like Copper after this trip and plan another trip next year, even buying a year's season pass would bring you on top, especially if you came out more than once.

Wife and I are only up to riding blue runs, maybe black runs if there's a lot of powder to slow us down a bit. We tried the back side last season on a huge powder day and were in way over our heads. I got stuck in a deep section and took 30-40mins to dig myself out. Sucked the life out of me.

My brother will be in town and we'll go to Copper the 27th (Friday) so maybe we could meet up for a few runs. My brother was linking turns and following us on a long green run last year, so we'd have to break off from him to meetup with you. He'll need a ticket too, so if we do the Shell deal we can split it with someone in your group for that day if that works out for you. Do you need to buy them X days in advance to get the cheapest rate?
Snow Day Colorado

shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2015 at 8:22am
That is crazy!

We were planning on buying the tickets online in a pack..you can get tickets for 70 dollars a piece if you buy the 5 day pack so that seemed pretty good.  None of us are driving so the Shell promotion probably will not work for us, but thank you for the tip!

Awesome to hear Copper is a sweet mountain and that good food is on tap!

Maybe we can hook up for a day of riding?  It would be awesome to get a local tour of the mountain :)

Thanks again!
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/13/2015 at 9:22pm
Oh awesome, you're gonna have a blast in UT and CO. Copper is definitely an awesome mountain, tons of fun. While Copper isn't in a small town, it is a destination resort with tons of food, drinking, etc. Shell is running a promotion this year, buy 10 gallons of gas and get a buy 1 get 1 voucher. So if you're going in pairs you can save a bunch. Or are you getting lift tickets with your lodging?

So get this... You joined TS 3 days before me, and you've only got a few more posts than me. That's crazy!
Snow Day Colorado

shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/13/2015 at 9:02pm
^ Thank you for the post! Travel dates will be arriving Thursday early evening on the 19th through 25, which is a Wednesday, so hopefully that keeps us away from the traffic :) For me it is all about the riding so if the mountain is good then I will be stoked.  Good restaurants are a plus of course and the charm of a mountain town is always nice but riding is the priority.  We are staying slope side so the idea is to just take a shuttle from Denver.  I have heard Colorado Mountain Express is a good choice.  I am stoked because I am going to Snowbird in a few weeks so possibly two trips to the Rockies this year and both will be my first time.

Any other tips are greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/12/2015 at 8:23pm

So thinking of a trip to Copper in last week of February. 5 day trip departing on Monday to avoid traffic. Is Copper a good choice?

Copper is great, but it depends what you want out of the trip. If you're coming to ride and ride only, then Copper is an excellent choice. It's not in a larger town like Breck, Steamboat, etc. 

We love Copper, it's our favorite resort. But, we live in Denver so we normally drive up for the day. We've also stayed a few nights and had a great time. In fact, my brother is coming out the end of Feb and we'll be at Copper too. Wife and I have 5packs for this season since we didn't get out as much last year to justify a full season pass.

Yes, anything you can do to avoid the soul sucking traffic on I-70 would be ideal. Sat-Sun are the worst. It used to be that we could get there really early and then leave by 2pm and we were fine. But now it doesn't matter what time you leave to head back to Denver, traffic is always a nightmare.

How are you guys getting to the mountains? Renting or shuttle? If you're renting, make sure whoever drives has driven in snow before. It's no joke, and people crash all the time in the mountains because they were usually going too fast for the conditions. Any other questions feel free to ask.
Snow Day Colorado

shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/12/2015 at 8:09pm
So thinking of a trip to Copper in last week of February. 5 day trip departing on Monday to avoid traffic. Is Copper a good choice?
Live2Ride14 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Live2Ride14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/28/2014 at 2:01pm
I went to Colorado lats year in feburary and conditions were fantastic. I'm from California and conditions were not great last year. I'm planning a trip in January to keystone and Breckenridge. Those resorts are a must visit.
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/27/2014 at 9:08pm
You'll get sick of the Fraser to Vail trip in the winter real quick. I-70 lately has soul sucking traffic from all the front range weekend warriors. We can only go out on the weekends, and no matter what time we leave Copper on a Saturday or Sunday we end up sitting in hours of gridlock traffic. This year we only got a 5 day pass to Copper, I don't think we could tolerate any more days stuck in traffic. They're trying to fix it with more lanes, but that doesn't help when you have clueless morons driving into the mountains that cause accidents left and right.
Snow Day Colorado

milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/27/2014 at 7:23pm
Summit is definitely a place I would like to purchase a place but it's too expensive for us now. I found some really reasonably priced places in Fraser and really enjoyed WP. In terms of being limited to just WP I don't mind driving from Fraser to vail even for a day trip. I was just curious if anyone had any experience with Fraser. Ive gotten mostly positive feedback on the place. Only one person said it was meth central.
Expert Members
Expert Members
ht sunset

Quote )(nfinit)( Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/27/2014 at 4:36pm
I wouldn't think of Fraser as much more than a tourist based town.  Though not like some in summit.  A lot of Denver people up there.  I've had several friends with places there and they all consider it a great place (of course).  Good summer and winter activities, though like superorb stated, you get what you get.  Unlike summit which has access to multiple resorts.  

It's a cool town, I doubt you would be disappointed.  Silverthorne/Dillon are a good option as well.  Several people like Eagle for it's access to Beaver Creek and Vail, but keeps it's distance from the front range people.  

Guess it all depends on what you want in an area, if you are renting, Fraser and Silverthorne/Dillon would be my recommendation.  If you don't want anyone else there, you have a ton of options within close distances to resorts.
x_X
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/27/2014 at 1:15pm
Have you been to any of the other resorts? Fraser pretty much limits you to Fraser. If you're in Summit county you've got a lot more things to do and see. Even Steamboat is a better area I think than Fraser.
Snow Day Colorado

milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/27/2014 at 1:12pm
A vacation spot for now...live in the Midwest currently
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/26/2014 at 9:20pm
Buying a place as in first home or vacation home?
Snow Day Colorado

milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/26/2014 at 8:34pm
Hey guys,
I'm thinking about buying a place in CO. My wife and I have ridden quite a few places and I think I have finally convinced her. She loved Winter Park for the family vibe and I did as well. It's also a plus that the winter park area is reasonably priced. I'm looking at a place in Fraser which is less than 5 miles from the WP resort. I'm just wondering if any of you have any info about this little town. Is it mostly snow bums? Students? Families? Tweakers? Whatever info you have will help. Thanks.
madsnake View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2014 at 7:07am
spewin, im going to be there in three weeks time so i was just hoping it might of lined up. thanks anyway, im sure you will have no probs offloading them at that price.
NickinChicago View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Halloween

Quote NickinChicago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2014 at 3:59am
It is this Saturday through the following. 11/22-11/29. Only $400 which is less than you would pay for one night.
madsnake View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2014 at 1:43am
i could be keen, what are the dates?
Instructor
Instructor
Halloween

Quote NickinChicago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2014 at 5:07pm
So my work is being shtooking stupid and screwing up my trip to Aspen. Anyone want 7 nights at the Hyatt for an awesome price? Ajax is open Saturday and they're gonna get dumped on.
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/19/2014 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by NickinChicago

I got it from someone that uses their Hyatt vacation club points to book it and then sells the week for nothing. I guess that time of year it is barely any points since most of the week is before they open. I did this a few years back for about the same price over Thanksgiving week. You only get to ride a couple days, but like I said, the area is great to spend time in no matter when you go. If this was any other time of the year it would be about twice that price per night.

Is there a site that does this?  If not then someone should make one...just saying~
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
CO_champagne View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CO_champagne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/19/2014 at 11:18am
That deal is ridiculous!!  I'd drop $400 for 7 days any week of the year!
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2014 at 7:12pm
Ahh, that makes sense then.
Snow Day Colorado

Instructor
Instructor
Halloween

Quote NickinChicago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2014 at 5:38pm
I got it from someone that uses their Hyatt vacation club points to book it and then sells the week for nothing. I guess that time of year it is barely any points since most of the week is before they open. I did this a few years back for about the same price over Thanksgiving week. You only get to ride a couple days, but like I said, the area is great to spend time in no matter when you go. If this was any other time of the year it would be about twice that price per night.
Expert Members
Expert Members
ht sunset

Quote )(nfinit)( Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2014 at 9:39am
i would also like to know how this happened.  They charge more than that for sidewalk space.  Pretty Awesome!
x_X
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/16/2014 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by NickinChicago

Plus you can't beat 7 days at the Grand Hyatt for $400 Wink

How the hell did you swing a Grand Hyatt for 7 days for only $400?!
Snow Day Colorado

Instructor
Instructor
Halloween

Quote NickinChicago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/16/2014 at 7:38pm
I'll be doing opening day in Aspen this year Smile Making the drive all the way from Chicago. My wife and I did it before, but now we have a child and we're going to make it our family tradition. The plan is to spend Thanksgiving in Aspen every year. I know the snow isn't the best at that time of year, but even without riding it is a great area to spend time in. Plus you can't beat 7 days at the Grand Hyatt for $400 Wink

Hoping in the years to come to buy something there and spend much more time throughout the year there.
Expert Members
Expert Members
ht sunset

Quote )(nfinit)( Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/15/2014 at 8:49am
that's dedication!  I like it!!
x_X
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/14/2014 at 2:34pm
That's an awful lot of time and money for the WROD. Maybe I'm spoiled living so close, but we don't enjoy sitting in gridlock traffic for hours. Though there shouldn't be any traffic opening weekend.
Snow Day Colorado

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 63>