Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Online Status: Offline
  Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Colorado
    Posted: Mar/17/2008 at 12:25pm
How much is the copper/wp pass?  I need some more consistent riding buddies for next season.  All the people who wanted me to get the CO pass pulled the "I don't ride on weekends" shit on me all winter.  It got old riding by myself.  I need to ride with people because it pushes me to become a better rider.
www.chargeharder.com
)(nfinit)( View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
ht sunset

Quote )(nfinit)( Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/17/2008 at 1:16pm
$400 this year.  Not sure what it will be next year.  This was my first year getting a pass, it was definitely worth it.  I have trouble going during the week because of my job so weekends are it for me.  Not sure I will be able to go as often next year, but I also have only missed 2 weekends since Nov.

When it comes time to buy a pass in August lets just make sure we get the same one!
x_X
Kaptn Krunch View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Kaptn Krunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2008 at 6:25am
You could always open a College Checking Acct from Wells Fargo and get the 2 for 1 discount to Copper/WP.  You have to have a student ID when you go to the Pass Wagon, but other than that...it's quite easy to do.
Expert Members
Expert Members
ht sunset

Quote )(nfinit)( Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2008 at 6:38am
Originally posted by Kaptn Krunch

You could always open a College Checking Acct from Wells Fargo and get the 2 for 1 discount to Copper/WP.  You have to have a student ID when you go to the Pass Wagon, but other than that...it's quite easy to do.

there is that.  but I am not longer in college nor a valid ID.  But you can always enroll, get the ID then drop out.
x_X
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2008 at 7:38am
hmm $400 for the copper/wp or $420 for the a basin/breck/keystone + 10days at vail/beaver creek.  Seems like the CO pass is the better deal.  We are definitely getting the same pass though.  We have some time to figure it out.  Maybe if I start saving now and we can get the 2for1 hook up on the copper pass I can get both.
www.chargeharder.com
Expert Members
Expert Members
ht sunset

Quote )(nfinit)( Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2008 at 11:14am
for me it doesn't matter how many mountains but how good the individual ones are.  Copper is the local favorite all around.  Breck and Keystone have the park favorites.  I will ask a couple of my friends what they want to do.  I think you can actually start purchasing for next year in the upcoming months. 

I will be up for either pass. 
x_X
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2008 at 12:25pm
Yeah quality over quantity definitely makes sense.  I am down for either pass too.
www.chargeharder.com
killclimbz View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote killclimbz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2008 at 1:17pm
For Copper/Winterpark it was $369 early season this year.  For another $100 you could add 6 days at Steamboat.  I didn't do that, as with all the bc riding I do, it's hard to make a pass worth it.  Copper is a nice mountain my favorite in Summit, Winterpark is by far my favorite overall.  The tree riding there is some of the best expert trees in the state.  It also helps that you get off at 40 and away from the I70 shit show with everyone else driving to Summit/Vail.  The drive home is a lot less maddening too.  You will sit in traffic from time to time, but you'll spend roughly half the time as you do coming from Summit County. 
Local
Local

Quote killclimbz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2008 at 1:22pm
Here's a vid from Winterpark.  I've done this line tons.  It's typically untracked like in this vid, well at least until I get to it...
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="400" height="300" data="http://www.vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=786519&amp;server=www.vimeo.com&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=">    <param name="quality" value="best" />    <param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" />    <param name="scale" value="showAll" />    <param name="movie" value="http://www.vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=786519&amp;server=www.vimeo.com&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=" /></object><br /><a href="http://www.vimeo.com/786519/l:embed_786519">WP Powder day</a> from <a href="http://www.vimeo.com/user394349/l:embed_786519">samuel forsyth</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com/l:embed_786519">Vimeo</a>.
Local
Local

Quote killclimbz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2008 at 1:23pm
Ok so that didn't work and I can't edit....

Follow this link.
Expert Members
Expert Members
ht sunset

Quote )(nfinit)( Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2008 at 2:01pm
tree runs at winterpark are definitely some of the best.  Although panoramic is damn cold.  It's worth it.  Traffic is a lot better.  But I leave really early in the morning.  I am usually at the mountains by 730
x_X
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2008 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by killclimbz

Ok so that didn't work and I can't edit....

Follow this link.
The link isn't working for me. 

Like I said I am down for either pass for next season.  The people who wanted me to get the CO pass this season all bitched out on me for most of the season with the "I dont ride on weekends" bullshit.  yes the lift lines are longer on weekends but they are by no means untolerable.  I guess if you go up on presidents day weekend or something yeah they totally suck ass but for the most part they weren't bad any weekend I went up this season.  I work M-F so obviously Sat and Sun are the 2 main days I can ride.  I rode more with wingnutx this season than anyone else and he lives in freaking dallas TX.  So yeah I am down for whatever pass my SS buddies want to get.
www.chargeharder.com
Expert Members
Expert Members
ht sunset

Quote )(nfinit)( Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2008 at 2:28pm
Bru - I will probably do the WP/Copper next season as well cause I have several friends still in college who get the 2fer1.  I actually plan on staying up over night more next season.  This season I got into women trouble so I wasn't able to ride as much as I wanted. 

My goal is around 30 days next season.  I am sitting around 20-25 this season.  I also want to make a trip to Whistler for a few days and the WP/Copper gets half off up there.  I have little experience with Breck and I have never been to Keystone, so I do not know how to compare the mountains to Copper and WP, but those worked well for me this year.
x_X
Shayboarder View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Shayboarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2008 at 4:23pm
I have the Steamboat/Copper/Winter Park pass but I ride free at most resorts so I can meet to ride anywhere.  I've been riding more of Vail resorts when i'm down in Summit during the season.  Late season is A-basin and Loveland and early season is Loveland until Copper opens.  I go where ever the snow is.

Anyone who brings beer or buys dinner can crash here in Steamboat like Killclimbz did last weekend. 

Tongue
The world of Snowboarding through fembot eyes
www.shayboarder.com
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Kaptn Krunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2008 at 6:31am
Originally posted by )(nfinit)(

there is that.  but I am not longer in college nor a valid ID.  But you can always enroll, get the ID then drop out.

Does your ID have an expiration date on it?  I've used a class schedule before and they were ok with it.
Expert Members
Expert Members
ht sunset

Quote )(nfinit)( Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2008 at 7:04am
my id does not but you cannot even tell it is me anymore.  That and they have new id's with chips in them now.

thought about using a class schedule, but I just went the route of paying for it.  I have no regrets at all as it has been worth it!
x_X
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Kaptn Krunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/20/2008 at 2:00pm
Anyone going up tomorrow?  I'll be at Copper tomorrow - sunday.  May be going to WP one of those days, but I'm not sure yet.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Shayboarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/20/2008 at 2:16pm
Ah bummer

I'm going to A-Basin on Sunday, Breck on Monday, Copper on Tuesday and Aspen Wednesday to Friday.  Its my vacation week so I ride.
www.shayboarder.com
Expert Members
Expert Members
ht sunset

Quote )(nfinit)( Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/20/2008 at 2:56pm
I will be at Copper on Sat.  Wanted to go tomorrow but figure Bru and I can head on over to NS headquarters instead.
x_X
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Shayboarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2008 at 7:20am
Nice, i'm stopping by on Monday to pick up and drop off boards.  You guys will have fun checking it out.  
www.shayboarder.com
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2008 at 11:16am
^^ It was an awesome tour I was really impressed.
www.chargeharder.com
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Shayboarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2008 at 4:09pm
^^Awesome, glad you liked it.  Now you just gotta get healed so you can rock out the new NS's including the reverse cambers :)  
www.shayboarder.com
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2008 at 10:30pm
Yeah I am pumped on the reverse camber boards they have coming out.
www.chargeharder.com
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2008 at 9:27pm
So who all ripped it up for me this weekend and where did you ride?
www.chargeharder.com
Expert Members
Expert Members
ht sunset

Quote )(nfinit)( Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2008 at 4:09am
hit up Copper again on Sat.  it was a good day up there.  The weather was pretty decent as well.  Only a few weekends left up there...this was a quick season.
x_X
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Kaptn Krunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2008 at 6:06am
Was at WP on Friday and Copper Saturday.  WP pissed me off.  They had anything that went above timberline shut down, which made the rest of the mtn crazy busy.  Spent most of the day riding icy crap and waiting in line forever.

Sat was pretty nice.  Stayed on Sierra, Rendzvous & back bowles lifts all day.  Practiced riding goofy for most of the day.  I was surprized at how hard it was to get on/off the lift goofy footed.  It felt very foreign and I looked like a noob falling all over myself in line.

But I got a bunch better at switch (at least on green runs), which helped on 180's too.

Oh yeah.  Forgot to mention that I'll be at Copper on Tuesday and WP on Thursday if anyone wants to come visit me.
Expert Members
Expert Members
ht sunset

Quote )(nfinit)( Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2008 at 6:32am
dammit, we should have rode some together.  I was with a decent sized group though about 6.  
x_X
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Kaptn Krunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2008 at 7:57am

dammit, we should have rode some together.  I was with a decent sized group though about 6.  

Let me know when you'll be back at Copper or WP and we'll try to meet up.  Now that I pissed my son off, he doesn't want to ride with me anymore, so I'm going the last 3 weeks solo.  Guess that's what hitting mogule filled double blacks and blacks as the second to last and last run of the day will do.  Moguls FTMFW!

Go figure.  I lost 2 riding partners this season in 2 weeks.
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Kaptn Krunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2008 at 7:58am

Let me know when you'll be back at Copper or WP and we'll try to meet up.  Now that I pissed my son off, he doesn't want to ride with me anymore, so I'm going the last 3 weeks solo.  Guess that's what hitting mogul filled double blacks and blacks as the second to last and last run of the day will do.  Moguls FTMFW!

Go figure.  I lost 2 riding partners this season in 2 weeks.
Expert Members
Expert Members
ht sunset

Quote )(nfinit)( Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2008 at 8:23am
well no lie, I am no fan of moguls.  Will I hit them to get to a good jump, definitely.  I am a park fan.

I will be at Copper the last two weekends they are open, probably both days each weekend but not sure yet.
x_X
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Kaptn Krunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2008 at 8:41am
I will be there the last weekend they're open too...both days.  Gotta break in my new Stairmaster 156W.
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2008 at 9:40am
sounds like a good weekend for you guys.  I watched a bunch of basketball. 
www.chargeharder.com
Expert Members
Expert Members
ht sunset

Quote )(nfinit)( Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2008 at 9:59am
it's ok bru.  the torture of missing out on the season is almost over!
x_X
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Shayboarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2008 at 1:03pm
I rode Steamboat on Saturday, A-Basin on Sunday, Breck on Monday, Copper on Tuesday, Buttermilk (currently in Aspen now) today.  I'm on my riding vacation just hitting up mountains.

www.shayboarder.com
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2008 at 9:51pm
sounds like a great vacation.  I hope you are having a great time!!!!!!!!
www.chargeharder.com
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Shayboarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/27/2008 at 1:08pm
Thanks!  I am actually, the only bummer is no one to ride with in Aspen :(  and lets just say the tourists are um...too huffy puffy for me.  I'm back in summit county tomorrow night so looking forward to being in a normal environment again. 

www.shayboarder.com
Local
Local

Quote killclimbz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2008 at 4:38am
Steamboat got 7" last night.  You might just want to go back there as it seems everywhere but Winterpark got skunked.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Shayboarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/30/2008 at 6:40pm
haha the goods were still here for me when I arrived today at 11am.  Got fresh turns in more than 7 inches :)  Gotta love Steamboat for keeping snow fresh for me.
www.shayboarder.com
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Shayboarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2008 at 12:34pm
The Vail/Breck/Keystone/BC/ABasin pass prices are up here

and the Steamboat/Copper/Winter Park passes are up here

So who is getting what?

www.shayboarder.com
Local
Local

Quote killclimbz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2008 at 12:59pm
I'm getting a six pack of PBR...
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Shayboarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2008 at 1:01pm
Yeah i'm getting dinner and drinks tonight.

I'm getting both of the passes, i get steamboat free which includes copper/wp and since I ride summit co enough, i'll be picking up the breck/keystone/Abasin pass as well.

www.shayboarder.com
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2008 at 1:34pm
I am down for either and if I can find a way to afford both I am getting both.  I need more riding buddies next season who don't mind riding on weekends since I work M-F.  I had the CO pass for this season and I really loved riding those 3 resorts.  However I am open to riding anywhere.  So basically I will get either one based on who is down to ride on weekends.
www.chargeharder.com
Local
Local

Quote killclimbz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2008 at 5:50am
To be honest, I think you'll find that Copper and especially Winterpark have much better terrain than the three resorts.  Well I should exclude SlapAhoe basin, because that is a kick ass area, but it's small.  Winterpark has tons of goods, but it does take a few visits to figure it out.  I think I spent 4 or 5 years out here visiting Winterpark 2-3 times a season.  At first I didn't think much of it, after that 4-5 years I realized just how good it was.  Also with the pine beetle devastation being ground zero at Winterpark, get there now before it's all just Alpine wind blown terrain. 
Expert Members
Expert Members
ht sunset

Quote )(nfinit)( Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2008 at 2:13pm
I will probably do the WP Copper again.  
x_X
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Kaptn Krunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2008 at 12:53pm
I'm gona do Copper/WP & pick up a pass to Loveland too.
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2008 at 1:49pm

Looks like the majority are getting the Copper/Wp pass.  Seems like the way to go for next season.

www.chargeharder.com
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Shayboarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2008 at 4:35pm
Yay then you get 6 days at Steamboat!  Beer gets you a place to crash, haha
www.shayboarder.com
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2008 at 5:08pm
^^ I can handle that deal.  I wish I knew you were living up at steamboat when i was up there riding in late January.
www.chargeharder.com
Local
Local

Quote killclimbz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2008 at 5:13am
I think you'll dig it.  When there are problems on I70 that pass gives you some options to lessen the pain. 
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Shayboarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2008 at 6:19am
Originally posted by Big Bad Bruizza

^^ I can handle that deal.  I wish I knew you were living up at steamboat when i was up there riding in late January.

Yeah I got a good amount of space for people to crash at my place.  I'm usually not around in late January, that's when I'm at SIA.
www.shayboarder.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 62>