International Shipping Info

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1234 7>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
humdingaling View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote humdingaling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: International Shipping Info
    Posted: Nov/18/2010 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by purety

thanks!
Am I able to make the order if my billing address is not from the listed countries?(shipping address is in the state,does that make this a local order?)

That should work but will be up to the credit department of this store for the final ok

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side..
bugsbunnymydad View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
daddy

Quote bugsbunnymydad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2010 at 5:22pm
Maybe actually give some notice and announce when you update the restricted list?

It now contains 2-3 times as many brands as before.
The_Guchi View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote The_Guchi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2010 at 5:27pm
I generally just buy stuff from companies in my own country... just sayin...
bugsbunnymydad View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
daddy

Quote bugsbunnymydad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2010 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by The_Guchi

I generally just buy stuff from companies in my own country... just sayin...

That adds anything to the "International Shipping Info" thread how?
xcell1 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote xcell1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2010 at 5:52pm
$44.95 to ship $1 - $49.95 worth of goods. Its just not worth it anymore cheaper to spend the $4k for a set up in NZ by the time you have payed shipping and tax
Instructor
Instructor

Quote humdingaling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2010 at 5:28pm
oh dear gawd ..when did this get updated Dead
there some big names that just got added...mainly the c3 mob

Restricted brands list
32, 5150, Adidas, Analog, Anon, Arbor, Bonfire, Burton, Capita, Cappel, Coal, Dakine, DC, Electric, Emerica, ES, Etnies, Fischer, Forum, Foursquare, Fox, Full Tilt, Giro, GNU, Jeenyus, K2, Lib Tech, Liberty, Line, Marker, Merrell, Morrow, Nike, Nixon, North Face, O'Neill, Oakley, Pro Tec, Quiksilver, Rayban, Red, Reef, Ride, Rossignol, Salomon, Special Blend, Tecnica, Union, Vans, Volcom, Volkl, Von Zipper

Good thing i got everything i need when they had the free shipping/no brand restriction period LOL

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side..
pablo1987 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote pablo1987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2010 at 11:49pm
Why do the rates for FedEx shipment to Spain have gone up in price? A few days ago I had trouble sending half
Instructor
Instructor

Quote humdingaling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2010 at 1:35am

store is going thru major changes

international shipping is pretty much a thing of the past now LOL
pablo1987 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote pablo1987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2010 at 1:53am
because if so I prefer the past. but anyway, before I offered two types of shipment, and also lowers the price, now there is only one option and I do not stoop any money
IKDS33 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote IKDS33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2010 at 10:30pm
What board did u buy? and do they ship lib tech into Melbourne, Australia??
pablo1987 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote pablo1987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2010 at 10:55pm
Why there are no reductions in the delivery of material purchased?, Before you were doing 50% discount.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote humdingaling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2010 at 12:26am
Originally posted by IKDS33

International Shipping Restrictions:
The following brands can only ship to the States:
32, 5150, Adidas, Analog, Anon, Arbor, Bonfire, Burton, Capita, Cappel, Coal, Dakine, DC, Electric, Emerica, ES, Etnies, Fischer, Forum, Foursquare, Fox, Full Tilt, Giro, GNU, Gravis, Jeenyus, K2, Lib Tech, Liberty, Line, Marker, Merrell, Morrow, Nike, Nixon, North Face, O'Neill, Oakley, Pro Tec, Quiksilver, Rayban, Red, Reef, Ride, Rossignol, Salomon, Special Blend, Tecnica, Union, Vans, Volcom, Volkl, Von Zipper

highlighted for ease of use

so NO to shipping lib tech to melb

Sh4d0w View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Sh4d0w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2010 at 1:24am
Originally posted by IKDS33

Mate - Check out the local specials, since it's the off season here. For less than $100 extra after currency conversions, you can pick up the 2011 skate banana from Melb! Auski Melbourne This is the decision you have to make now that Trusnow/Sierra is abiding strictly to the sales arrangements - Find somewhere that ships the gear from OS where you then have to pay the extra shipping/ have an extended wait/deal with currency conversions, or check around locally a bit closer. Anyway, the bloke who works upstairs where the boards, bindings, boots and outerwear is at Auski, is a brilliant help and will order gear in if it's not at the Hardware Lane store!
Kuptik View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Kuptik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2010 at 3:20am
Hi!

Can you ship jacket and pants to Ukraine, Kiev?

Many thanks in advance!
MikArbor View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote MikArbor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2010 at 1:56pm

I purchased an Arbor board and Union bindings during the free international shipping and no brand restriction period. I am still waiting for my order to be shipped though (It has now been 4.5wks). I see that Arbor and Union have both been recently added to the Restricted Brands...so what happens now? Surely they must honour my order which occured before the restrictions were put in place? This has been soo frustrating.

Instructor
Instructor

Quote humdingaling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2010 at 2:04pm
errr its taken you 4.5 weeks to chase it up?

they will most likely give you your money back now
Cry

also...says you joined 22nd of oct
believe trusnow happened on 2nd of oct
http://www.trusnow.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=40152

So no you did not put your order thru before free international shipping and i cant remember if arbor was part of the intial brand restriction list (union wasnt until recently)

just saying

The_Guchi View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote The_Guchi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2010 at 2:14pm
^^^ actually if he joined and ordered on the 21st hes got a point... because it went trusnow the 22nd - proof
dougfagel View Drop Down
Educator
Educator
Instructing How to Douglas!!

Quote dougfagel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2010 at 2:20pm
The sale technically went through Oct 19.

Sorry for any of the confusion during this transition period.

- Doug

MikArbor View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote MikArbor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2010 at 3:11pm
I've constantly been chasing it up Humdingaling. Each time I was assured that everything was fine, it was just due to the change in wharehouse location. Each time I made contact, I was also told that my order was been taken care of manually and that it would be sent to me by the end of the week...obviously this hasn't happened.

I did join on the 22nd of Oct, but the purchase was made prior, as a guest. And yes, It was purchased during the free international shipping period, which is clearly visible on my order form. I know for sure that Arbor and Union were definitely not restricted brands at the time of purchase. I physically wouldn't of been able to make the purchase if they were and I did my homework beforehand anyway. During this time there were actually no brand restrictions.

So after being a patient customer, waiting 4.5 weeks; my order is to be dishonored due to brand restrictions which have only been put in place recently? This makes no sense and doesn't seem right to me at all.

winze View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote winze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2010 at 7:00pm
Just so people are aware the shipping prices are matching to The-House now.

http://helpdesk.the-house.com/index.php?page=international_orders
lineskis View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
I am a Skier.

Quote lineskis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2010 at 7:04pm
This helps with cost a bit but their is stilling going to be a lot of duty on it coming into canada trust me I know from experience
Instructor
Instructor

Quote humdingaling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2010 at 7:05pm
canadian tax system sucks

that is all LOL

Province" HST" GST" PST" Total Tax"
Alberta
5%
5%
British Columbia 12%1

12%
Manitoba
5% 7% 12%
New Brunswick 13%

13%
Newfoundland and Labrador 13%

13%
Nova Scotia 15%2

15%
Ontario 13%1

13%
Prince Edward Island
5% 10% 15.5%3
Québec
5% 7.5% 12.875%3
Saskatchewan
5% 5% 10%

like WTF! disjointed much!
yuhui View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote yuhui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2010 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by humdingaling

canadian tax system sucksthat is all LOL
So tru. My board had a 60 dollar tax
yuhui View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote yuhui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2010 at 7:20pm

winze View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote winze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2010 at 7:52pm
State based tax is very mentally challenged :P
woodyy05 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote woodyy05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2010 at 12:00am
so why are these international restrictions in place when i could walk down to any local store in australia, buy vans or burton gear or potentially any other brand from a store completely unrelated to the actual brand, yet these same brands don't allow trusnow to ship those goods from here..

are these stores illegally shipping over the brands goods or is it just that the brands decided they dont want you to ship their gear internationally?

the restrictions are so frustrating..
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2010 at 12:10am
hehe, thats PRECISELY why they are restricted. The US price is far lower than the dpmestic price in australia. So in order for say, K2 (lets not use burton for a change) to keep the orders from the businesses that not only buy they're product year in and year out but also promote it, they need to make sure that joe bloggs (lets say, me), doesnt think "hang on, its like $200 cheaper to ship it myself from the US than it is to walk into my local store! Why the hell would i bother buying from them? I think ill take my chances with the dudes selling stuff $200 cheaper thanks!".

And so next year, K2 doesnt get any orders with billys board and boomerang store because they still have a tonne of stock sitting on their shelves and so they lose out as does billy. You, the customer win for a while...
m00m
woodyy05 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote woodyy05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2010 at 12:17am
touche, i did not think of that. pretty straight forward really, if only i did marketing i'd probably have worked that out for myself. ah well thanks ippy, you've done it again!
winze View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote winze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2010 at 1:02am
ya they won't let trusnow ship the stuff because if that was allowed the retailers here wouldn't be able to move their stock of that brand. It is sad but ya.....

Still a bargain for my free goggles though :)
Magicweed3 View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote Magicweed3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2010 at 1:48am
It's actually not about moving inventory, its about currency fluctuations. Since the value of most currencies is determined by the open market (FOREX), it moves up and down, usually within a range. Companies strike deals with distributors who purchase all their goods and then contract with shops throughout that country who want to retail it. The price for that country is designed to absorb that loss and gain in value so that it evens out over time. This may not be the best for customers in that country, as they see their currency value increase vs other (Australian vs. American) to the point where it is almost half off if you buy in America and ship it over. It's all about the maintaining of the perceived value of goods, not about how the poor shops will have stock left over.
yuhui View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote yuhui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2010 at 2:27am

winze View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote winze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2010 at 12:38pm
Whatever way you spin it, the price of gear in some countries like AUS is a joke
Instructor
Instructor

Quote humdingaling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2010 at 7:13pm
totally agree with winze there

its a small niche market as it is
having high price goods just makes it unattractive to get into the sport

if we didnt get our own gear from the states at dirt cheap prices, i dare say i would not be enjoying snowboarding like i am now

winze View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote winze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2010 at 11:08pm
Agreed, glad i got my current board and a board for my gf along with everything else we needed in the Sierra free shipping days :)

Just deciding on free goggles atm and then wait to qualify for bindings in time for snow next year :P

Too expensive to ship anything else.
MikArbor View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote MikArbor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2010 at 2:57pm
Good luck getting anything from Trusnow now. Virtually all the brands are restricted. Worst customer service ever too.
bonkfisher5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Stepchild Chi Borg

Quote bonkfisher5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2010 at 3:05pm
Woot!!! Rather happy to see a drop in the price of international shipping. T-shirts went from $55+ to $29.
Crushing the whistler bike park! Check it out! http://www.pinkbike.com/video/215809/
woodyy05 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote woodyy05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2010 at 1:06am
yeah ive seen stuff in australia for almost 3 times the price it was on here, its ridiculous how they can charge so much. it would be interesting to know what the retailers here in australia buy the items off brands like burton. if its anything like a price burton are going for on here, they would be making an absolute killing. i suppose its just fuelled by people stupid enough to pay those kind of prices..
winze View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote winze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2010 at 5:48am
I doubt they are making a killing though, that is the issue. It would be interesting though to know the actual mark up heh
Boonster View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Boonster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2010 at 2:14pm
Since general chat is dead... I would just like a clarification (if you ordered from Canada, that would help more!)
I just bought a a board binding sierra combo package from Canada.
Total came to xx + 69 for shipping to Canada.

I got a phone call at 6 am just reminding me I have to pay a 60 dollar shipping fee (I'm assuming FedEx?).

Do I have to pay the shipping fee twice ? or only once?

Thanks!
J.
woodyy05 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote woodyy05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/27/2010 at 12:35am
judging by the general prices the mark up looks atleast 200% of the price here. they'd be making good money on that..
winze View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote winze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/27/2010 at 3:22am
Originally posted by woodyy05

judging by the general prices the mark up looks atleast 200% of the price here. they'd be making good money on that..

Only thing to remember is that the cost price for them is not the same as the cost price for the US retailers, plus they have to pay import costs/taxes.

Though I agree the price we end up seeing here in AUS seems very high compared to US prices, but with the increased shipping prices from Tru Snow now the difference isn't as large.
woodyy05 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote woodyy05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/27/2010 at 3:52pm
yeah that may be true, but i don't think shipping would such a significant cost depending on what method you use, how much stock is bought etc. and then split that over each item.

but you are right, the increased shipping cost probably means it won't be a great deal of difference. it just means now, over here, we're going to have to do a lot more physical shopping to get the best price, rather than just trawl trusnow/ the net.
woodyy05 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote woodyy05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/27/2010 at 3:53pm
yeah that may be true, but i don't think shipping would such a significant cost depending on what method you use, how much stock is bought etc. and then split that over each item.

but you are right, the increased shipping cost probably means it won't be a great deal of difference. it just means now, over here, we're going to have to do a lot more physical shopping to get the best price, rather than just trawl trusnow/ the net.
winze View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote winze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2010 at 2:07am
Nah the per item cost is off the charts even when you add items. It is justifiable if you order a board/bindings/boot set up though, still a few hundred cheaper than buying here in AUS
eric_cijsouw View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote eric_cijsouw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2010 at 12:09pm
I have been looking for a website that ships Morrow snowboards to the Netherlands ... but unfortunately that's impossible :( I really really want the Morrow Lithium 2010 board... c'mon guys... is it really impossible to ship it?

cheers
winze View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote winze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2010 at 10:51pm
Mail forwarder

http://www.shipito.com/

But you'll need to verify your credit card for Trusnow given the billing and shipping addresses will be different
airg View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote airg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2010 at 1:12am
I haven't understand!

So, Can I order or not???

I want DC SPECTRUM :)

derbytownjoe View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote derbytownjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2010 at 1:19am
Originally posted by airg

I haven't understand!

So, Can I order or not???

I want DC SPECTRUM :)

it depends on where you live. DC is a resticted brand and can only be shipped in the US
GUFF View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote GUFF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2010 at 6:07pm
I'm not happy with the new restrictions on shipping, it was bad enough as it was but now with more brands added it reduces the options available severely...
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2010 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by GUFF

I'm not happy with the new restrictions on shipping, it was bad enough as it was but now with more brands added it reduces the options available severely...

Neither am i. But lets be frank here, this isnt jeremybenthamsnowboard.com :) Happiness isnt really an overriding concern for brands restricting sales of their gear. Keeping it out of our foreigner hands alas is. :) Sucks to be me and you, but well, aside from opening up our own shop, we just have to try and find other ways around it.

m00m
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>