International Shipping Info

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <12345 7>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
inspektagadget View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote inspektagadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: International Shipping Info
    Posted: Dec/03/2010 at 8:24pm
"Orders to Canada are shipped Fedex or US Mail. For fast delivery, please contact one of our sales staff for more information.
Customer is responsible for all local duties and taxes.
If for any reason duties, taxes, and other fees are not paid by the customer resulting in a charge to The House by the shipping company, The House will charge the customer's account for these fees."

Has anyone else noticed that the first post about International Shipping restrictions etc has The House repeated in the text? I'm confused, is Trusnow owned by The House or something?

I'm still looking to order a few things overseas. Just wondering whether the people above who have been having issues have had them resolved?
Cheers!
2ndeffort View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote 2ndeffort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2010 at 3:15am

I have bought plenty from this site in the past but it appears the good times are over.  I do believe that 'the house' now owns Sierra.  I also live in Melbourne Australia and have shipped out boards, bindings,boots and other gear over the years.  This is not the only site on the net, I wont post links to others but, as with anything in life, if you dont like the service, take your $$ elsewhere.

Realistically, given what happened to Sierra, maybe it was too good to be true.  Still plenty of bargains out there on the net though if you are clever and shop around...oh and I've never found a bargain at 'the house', so doesnt auger well for TruSnow.
blah333 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote blah333 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2010 at 10:55pm
I'm from Australia, and am wanting to purchase a gift card for my partner.

I tried to do so and says it couldn't ship internationally, even tho I'm not having anything physically shipped as the gift card just remains under my account until I use it?

So why wont it let me purchase it?
tangles View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote tangles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2010 at 11:38pm
yep the good times are over so many bargains i had boards, clothes, bindings i will still browse if any specials but it is not looking good for us international folks.
I think trusnow is slowly nudging us off the nap and i wouldnt be surprised if we turn into the house with massive prices and shipping :( RIP sierra
tangles View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote tangles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2010 at 11:40pm
yep the good times are over so many bargains i had boards, clothes, bindings i will still browse if any specials but it is not looking good for us international folks.
I think trusnow is slowly nudging us off the nap and i wouldnt be surprised if we turn into the house with massive prices and shipping :( RIP sierra
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/06/2010 at 12:46am
should that come about it would be a terrible thing. I dont want to see it happen, and i doubt doug and donald want to see it happen either. We've certainly lost a lot of things, but then again most of us knew we would. ideally what we were always looking at on a best case scenario is the new company being somewhere in the middle of the sierra international price model and something like the house (notoriously poor value for money internationally if im honest). Currently the house seems to have hold of the leash a little in terms of pricing policy, but i genuinely feel that will change as trusnow starts showing it can handle itself out there.

One must also remember that it was march when sierra started becoming incredible value for us. Although trusnow wont be able to deliver that same level of pricing, i reckon come march youll see this place appear a lot more competitive again with our relative domestic markets and hopefully if trusnow have weathered the storm of their first competitive peak season relatively well, you might see a few more restrictions being eased (such as you saw recently with the members discount change).

If nothing else it shows that active boarder (the company running thehouse and trusnow), are prepared to offer a different model for both businesses. This is definitely something positive to take away from the last couple of weeks. I admit those weeks have been fraught with some very tricky teething problems with the integration of the sierra system with the house's delivery process (my best guess at whats gone wrong by the way), but im hoping thats behind them now and theyre getting on top of the last few people whove had a very rough time of it.

I wish someone would make an announcement on these things, but you know me, i always want someone to make an announcement :) I like communication - its why i write 12 page maonologues after all... wait... ???

m00m
cotterelli247 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote cotterelli247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/09/2010 at 1:43pm
I ordered and paid for a stack of gear from Sierra Snowboards last week to be shipped to Australia but the 7 business days they say it will take to deliver has passed and I still have not received anything. Was i kidding myself to believe it would actually arrive in time? Should I be worried?
humdingaling View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote humdingaling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/09/2010 at 1:53pm
did you get a tracking number with your shipment?
if not it has not left the warehouse yet

if you have you can find out where on earth it is ...literally Smile
Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side..
cotterelli247 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote cotterelli247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/09/2010 at 2:29pm
awesome thank u!!
guest_112949 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote guest_112949 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2010 at 5:10pm
Hi All

You can get around the international restrictions by using a freight forwarding company. I use Bongous.com they are great, they will consolidate your shipments and ship when you are ready. Their shipping rates usually work out better than other websites, and you can send whatever brands you like to them!

Hope this helps, as I too am very much over being over charged for ski gear (and all other retail items) in Australia. Oh and being abused by a Sydney Ski shop for purchasing online!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote humdingaling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2010 at 5:16pm
seems you have neglected to put in the detail where you have to pay for subscription and that you need to pre-purchase 3 months to be able to consolidate and get "reasonable" shipping rates Wink

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side..
davidmullane View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote davidmullane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/18/2010 at 3:05pm
Hi Beth, I have an order coming my way which has an invalid tracking number as registered with Fed Ex. I also checked against your old USPS service and the tracking number is valid, but says it came from chicago.

Im off to Japan next week and was really banking on having my stuff by then.

Thanks a bunch.

Order Number: 2146206
ID# 1062<br /><br />Board: Salamon Special 159!!<br />Boots: DC Judge<br />Bindings: Cartels - Kelly Green<br />Outwear: Section<br />Best Place Boarded: Japan<br /><br />Stance: +15/-6 <br /><br />
Carnbunny View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Charlottes Pass

Quote Carnbunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2010 at 3:41pm
Seeing there are such harsh restrictions on what International Buyers can now obtain from your once great site, can you not look at improving the search engine you use for sales ?? A filter that allows users to search for what we are allowed to purchase and not have to look at and scope out everything, only to find that we cannot import it!!
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2010 at 3:43pm
Hi Beth, I have an order coming my way which has an invalid tracking number as registered with Fed Ex. I also checked against your old USPS service and the tracking number is valid, but says it came from chicago.

Im off to Japan next week and was really banking on having my stuff by then.

Thanks a bunch.

Order Number: 2146206

Dude, phone them. The forum customer service no longer exists. :)
m00m
tp1_kenobi View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Top of the Volcano, New Zealand

Quote tp1_kenobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/21/2010 at 11:22am
Originally posted by Carnbunny

Seeing there are such harsh restrictions on what International Buyers can now obtain from your once great site, can you not look at improving the search engine you use for sales ?? A filter that allows users to search for what we are allowed to purchase and not have to look at and scope out everything, only to find that we cannot import it!!

Searching on products for intl. customers is on the list of discussion topics for updates to the site.  Hopefully it'll come sooner than later (and before the season starts for the s. hemisphere).
ridealone View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote ridealone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/02/2011 at 7:40am
i think adding turkey to shipping destinations would be great since prices here are incredibly high. i'm living in turkey and not able to purchase anything form the site
kelt39 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote kelt39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/07/2011 at 1:28pm
Is DC, a brand, that can be send in France??
Thanks
Pee_Wee View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Pee_Wee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2011 at 9:07pm
If you are an international customer and cant get the brands you want, there is another way...... You can buy a US address, send your gear there, and then ship it to your country..... there are a few sites that have this, i have an account with www.MyUs.com    ....... They are the best for Aus/NZ but cant quote for other countries........ basically, order from TruSnow, free shipping to your Florida Address then forward on home....... its a little pricier than the TruSnow international rates, but definately way way way better than what we pay here in Aus...... No way am i paying $800 for a board, and $500 for boots!!!!!

Hope this helps a few of you out there.....
Kbad View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Kbad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2011 at 1:55pm
amen ... way devo! :(
Kbad View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Kbad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2011 at 1:56pm
amen ... way devo! :(
Mugwump View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Mugwump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2011 at 7:19am
Dead I understand the golden days of Sierra discounts are over, and I get why it couldn't continue. I'm just glad they allowed me to get into a sport which would otherwise have been out of my reach financially. What I don't understand is why TruSnow cannot continue offering a reasonable postage rates to Australia as Sierra had done.
It's gone from $46 late last year for a snowboard, to $74 today. I sent so many friends to this site because the postage cost was awesome. Please investigate the postage methods that Sierra used to get us our beloved gear. I would gladly continue to shop and refer TruSnow if shipping costs are adjusted. Clap
Mugwump View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Mugwump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2011 at 7:22am
Dead I understand the golden days of Sierra discounts are over, and I get why it couldn't continue. I'm just glad they allowed me to get into a sport which would otherwise have been out of my reach financially. What I don't understand is why TruSnow cannot continue offering a reasonable postage rates to Australia as Sierra had done.
It's gone from $46 late last year for a snowboard, to $74 today. I sent so many friends to this site because the postage cost was awesome. Please investigate the postage methods that Sierra used to get us our beloved gear. I would gladly continue to shop and refer TruSnow if shipping costs are adjusted. Clap
imnotacartoon View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote imnotacartoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2011 at 6:47pm
Sure it sucks that it isn't the same as Sierra anymore but even when you factor in the excessive shipping costs you are still going to come out of it a few hundred dollars in front.

At the end of the day the reason we shop online is because we are able to save a few bucks and we can still do that here at TruSnow imo.
imnotacartoon View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote imnotacartoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2011 at 6:49pm
Sure it sucks that it isn't the same as Sierra anymore but even when you factor in the excessive shipping costs you are still going to come out of it a few hundred dollars in front.

At the end of the day the reason we shop online is because we are able to save a few bucks and we can still do that here at TruSnow imo.
winze View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote winze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/26/2011 at 12:08am
Yer doing the maths atm for a friend who wants a setup and it still is a few hundred cheaper, based on current set up actually still looking at 60% of cost vs buying here in AUS
gallopers View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote gallopers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/26/2011 at 2:45pm
ive purchased thousands and thousands of dollars worth of stuff from sierra and come back to buy my new season gear and take the time to fill my cart with $850 worth of gear and the postage says $99.00 to Australia all good then fill out my cc details click submit and it says theres been an error its $347.00 postage. youve lost me Sierra. 
winze View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote winze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2011 at 12:52am
Ok so 32 and 5150 appear on both lists? o.O and they don't show as being restricted when I look at the items from the site... whats the go?
winze View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote winze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2011 at 11:02pm
Oh wait it has been fixed now and no overlaps anymore I think :)
nimitz View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote nimitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2011 at 9:33am
Hi I still have not recieved my refund from TruSnow I have been in touch with Doug, Donald and Mario, after first trying to help they have just started not responding to emails. here is my story:

I ordered on the 15.okt from Sierrasnowboards,  before the change to TruSnow After a week I was told that my order was delayed since my merchandise had already been sent to Minnesota, but that it would be sent as soon as it arrived. I waited patiently for 2-3 weeks before I contacted customer support, and was told my stuff would be sent "today or "tomorrow. this never happened. During November I was in contact with several staff on your online chat forum, which told me that I would get compensated for my troubles and get a got discount, I was also promissed trackingnr and feedback that I never recieved. I therefore started taking screenshots of my conversations with the staff, since I knew I was just beeing jerked around. If you want I can provide this.

Finally late november I got a trackingnr and that my order had been shipped, and I thought that my problems were over, after 3 days it said "out for delivery", but my package was in San Fransico, and I live in Norway. It had been sent to some random person. I therefore contacted cusotmersupport, which said they would redirect it to my address. I continued to check the trackingnr and to my surprise it ended up in Minnesota again. I then called again and got the message that i would not get my order because of a Burton pants which were now on the restricted list, eventhough it was not on the list when I ordered. By this time I was told that my option was a refund, which I accepted. I got 2 emails from TruSnow on the 02 and 03 of december confirming this. I had then been in contact with Doug and Donald at TruSnow 15. dec I had not gotten any money so I contacted Donald, who said you had paid, but that he would check with the bank and give me some feedback. Again heard nothing. Have send him 2 or 3 emails later, but he has stopped responding. I then started to contact Doug, which gave me the same story and has not gotten back to me.

After several phonecalls I talked to Mario on monday, explained the whole situation again, and he told me that you had tried to refund but there was a problem with the bank. I was promissed a solution and feedback on tuesday, and as usuall I heard nothing. I then called in again today and was told that my option was to speak with you.

I need someone to fix this issue, because nobody seems to get this done. I never get feedback, and when I follow up a broken promise, they just stick their heads in the sand.

Its now almost 4 months since I ordered, the season is almost gone, and I still have no gear. I have been lied several times and I'm feed up. All staff members I talk to are trying to push this problem onto somebody else.
kuntita View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote kuntita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2011 at 3:04pm
vaya mierda no se puede comprar nada carajo
winze View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote winze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2011 at 5:21am
nimitz I must say they have always all been helpful when I contact them directly. Maybe just stay on the phone until it gets resolved? or cancel the payment from your own end via your credit card company?
nimitz View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote nimitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/14/2011 at 12:21pm
I have tried to phone them 5 times, same answer. We will fix this, I will speak to my boss,we have an issue with our bank.. Sorry for the inconvinence, but we will get this resolved right away..
They also say that they will get right back to me. Then 2 weeks later I have still not heard anything.
winze View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote winze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/21/2011 at 11:15pm
Did you try to cancel the payment from your credit card?

Though it has been a few days so hoping you got some progress from the staff?
nimitz View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote nimitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/26/2011 at 8:46am
Thanks for the tip, but I'm not able to cancell the payment.

I have even reported TruSnow a an american consumer right group ( BBB.org) and they also not not get any respons.

Doug, Donald and Mario have all promised to fix this, but nothing happend. Have been promised feedback 10 times, discounts etc.. but nothing happens and I end up having to contact them again.
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/26/2011 at 9:48am
Freaking Donald lied to me too, he still hasn't issued me a refund and now he's ignoring my emails.  Eitherway, your BBB report will be on public records for a couple of years.
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
alex_pope View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote alex_pope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/27/2011 at 11:40pm
Not really sure if this is a) possible or b) easy to do but I think it would be a great idea to add an option to filter search results into brands that do and do not ship internationally. As it is a tedious process cross referencing everything!
nimitz View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote nimitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/28/2011 at 6:24am
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

Freaking Donald lied to me too, he still hasn't issued me a refund and now he's ignoring my emails.  Eitherway, your BBB report will be on public records for a couple of years.
Same story here..

I' m going to use their facebook wall to complain til this is resolved. It is possible to make an review of TruSnow on their facebook site, mine is not going to be good..

If they try to rip me off, I atlest make sure they loose some business.

Almost 5 months since I make my order, but I'm still going strong!
casanovaa0 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote casanovaa0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/28/2011 at 6:30am
they are generally pretty bad at responding to you if you have an issue. not very nice of them.
homas11 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote homas11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/07/2011 at 1:34pm
I guess if you have a mate in the US you could send it to them and get them to send it over, tho i guess that'd be heaps more expensive. The whole rason i use TruSnow was to get away from australia's ridiculous prices on gear over here! Oh well, guess ill have to go riding in the US soon and buy some gear over there...
kel View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote kel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/07/2011 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by nimitz

Same story here..

I' m going to use their facebook wall to complain til this is resolved. It is possible to make an review of TruSnow on their facebook site, mine is not going to be good..

if you guys have problem how come you dont contact them directly? it usually works better that way as they have to take care of you then. if they refer you to someone or say they can't help you ask for someone that can
Instructor
Instructor

Quote humdingaling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/07/2011 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by homas11

I guess if you have a mate in the US you could send it to them and get them to send it over, tho i guess that'd be heaps more expensive. The whole rason i use TruSnow was to get away from australia's ridiculous prices on gear over here! Oh well, guess ill have to go riding in the US soon and buy some gear over there...

sending to friends in states can be relatively cheap
depends type of goods you get

small goods like goggles/gloves/clothes can be done on the cheap
there is fixed price options with USPS (Auspost for america)

otherwise, combine a shipment with some mates and use freight forwarder
they scale good with sizeable shipments, not so good with small shipments

Instructor
Instructor

Quote humdingaling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/07/2011 at 2:00pm
Ugh double post

the only other thing to keep eye on is keeping the order under 1000 AUD 
which can be quite hard if you are buying boards

nimitz View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote nimitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2011 at 7:28am
Originally posted by kel

Originally posted by nimitz

Same story here..

if you guys have problem how come you dont contact them directly? it usually works better that way as they have to take care of you then. if they refer you to someone or say they can't help you ask for someone that can

Have called them 5 times, always the same thing.. they can not give me an answer or have to wait for their boss.

Best of all... After sqrewing me over for over 5 months and I have 3 emails from them promesing full refund and even them writing that they ow me 260 $, they manage to send me an email saying that they are sorry for my troubles, but they will only give me half a refund..AngryClap

After demanding full refund, they duck their head in the sand and wont reply..

At least they are consistant. BBB.org have now tried 3 times to connact them.. NO REPLY to them ether..
GOSSHKO View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.
:)

Quote GOSSHKO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2011 at 10:08pm
I live in Bulgaria, before I buy from you, is there a way for this to happen and now
derbytownjoe View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote derbytownjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2011 at 10:11pm
they do not currently ship to bulgaria.... sorry
elohweasel View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote elohweasel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2011 at 8:39pm
If I need to confim an order, but live in australia, what number do I call? The one provided in the email didnt work...
globalvisas1 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote globalvisas1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2011 at 9:29pm
World's leading Immigration experts.  Free online assessment available today.  Experts in Chinese visas and Immigration law,
china visa application
jeremy86 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jeremy86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2011 at 1:51am
Im trying to place an order to AUS for 3 pairs of pants and 3 jackets.

When i go to order it says shipping:

FedEx International (3-7 bus. days)$169.90

Does that sound right?? as it looks pretty expensive
woodyy05 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote woodyy05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2011 at 2:17am
Originally posted by jeremy86

Im trying to place an order to AUS for 3 pairs of pants and 3 jackets.

When i go to order it says shipping:

FedEx International (3-7 bus. days)$169.90

Does that sound right?? as it looks pretty expensive

wow that does sound pretty steep - i think i paid 45 for jacket, pants, goggles and a beanie to west australia.. maybe shipping has gone up quite a bit more since the changeover to TruSnow
zxx0155 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote zxx0155 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2011 at 9:12pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>