Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jimbo View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vapor
    Posted: Aug/04/2006 at 3:14pm
Ever wonder what it would feel like to snowboard on the moon? The Burton Vapor will get you as close to that as possible by being the lightest weight board that Burton makes with top end performance. The Vapor's core is made of 90% air! How could it get any lighter? Using a "Vaportech Alumifly Core," the Vapor is made of an aluminum honeycomb from tip to tail. Along with the super light weight core, they have done many other things to make this board the lightest on the market, all the way down to reducing the weight of the top sheet. Carbon I beams, running the full length of the board, make the Burtons Vapor one of their most aggressive feeling boards that Burton makes. This year they also came out with new sizes of the Vapor, including a 163 wide for the bigger rider wanting to drop the weight of his wide board.

Every season, Burton pushes the limits of snowboard technology. The big question to ask is does it work? The answer is YES! The Burton Vapor is a very fun board to ride because it is really light. Really light snowboards are fun to ride because they turn effortlessly, jump really high, float through deep powder, and save your energy. At the end of the day, my front leg hurts from holding my heavy snowboard on the chairlift. I wish I had a Vapor so I could have fun snowboarding. Check out what Donald has to say about the new technology in the Burton Vapor.

Sierra Says: The Burton Vapor has got to be the most technologically advanced snowboard on the market. With an aluminum honeycomb core and a new vaporskin carbon topsheet, it is poppier and lighter that ever before. Riding the Burton Vapor will take your snowboarding to new levels. It is an advanced snowboard that will be super fun for intermediate riders to step up to and progress some new skills with. When I rode the Vapor I was amazed at how ...

Post your own reviews 
SGT712 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote SGT712 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2006 at 1:08pm
Yay for the new Vapor!
Dr. Nu-Nu View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
Burton Logo

Quote Dr. Nu-Nu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2006 at 1:32pm
why do they have to make this board so godly and put it in a seperate black cloth cover... i wonder what the cygnus x2 comes in then?
SGT712 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote SGT712 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2006 at 1:50pm
The Cygnus X2 comes in a Bentley Continental GT.
Dr. Nu-Nu View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
Burton Logo

Quote Dr. Nu-Nu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/24/2006 at 4:04am
Cygnus X1 suckawhat!! $1200 board.. anyone ride this board yet?

Edited by Nu-Nu - Aug/24/2006 at 4:05am
brodster View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
What is there to say-

Quote brodster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/26/2006 at 3:43pm
I think the Palmer Platinum should be discussed too!
I Am Un..Inc View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote I Am Un..Inc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2006 at 3:20pm
2X would make the vapor even lighter they should put it on it there all about droping onces
zagfan5 View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
whatever

Quote zagfan5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2006 at 3:23pm
once again, hot chick

1200 dollar board!!!
Camber Is The New Rocker.
Julian View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Julian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2006 at 5:18pm
I held this board today at the store....it's pretty light!

Dr. Nu-Nu View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
Burton Logo

Quote Dr. Nu-Nu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2006 at 8:26pm
lightweight is all this board's got... (i'm such a vapor hater.. haha j/k steve)
hoon View Drop Down
Guest Gear Expert

Quote hoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2006 at 8:37am
resposting my vapor review (note 06 vapor review)

finally took my vapor out for a ride. it arrived in the mail tuesday and it seemed like an eternity before i could even get a chance to sticker it and mount bindings due to work...

i must say this board got a lot of hype, top 10 in Transworld Snowboardings board test and a bunch of other awards plus a ton of articles. lifting it out of the box, i was a bit skeptical and it didn't seem that light. once i added bindings i really noticed how much lighter it seemed compared to other comparable boards.

i got to the mt snow demo and took the vapor out for a bit of riding. conditions were a mix of some crusty pow pow, pushed around piles of mini moguls, some groomed stuff (and by the end of the day some ice). i took this board on normal groomers, on the steepest run at mt snow (RipCord) with a mix of bumps and crud, through the trees, on a narrow run rife with mini cliff drops and through the park.

some more pics:
http://photobucket.com/albums/c293/snwbdrhoon/vapor/

the vapor rocks!
Pros:
- on the lift, it's almost weightless
- crisp graphics are so nice.
- people definitely notice that you are riding a vapor
- this board rails, rails and rails... i was flying and laughing all the way
- you can really load up the tail or the board for that matter in the midst of a carve and just rocket out of a turn. (sames goes for ollieing)...
- this thing rides switch super well
(i didn't really get a chance to spin it, yah i am a cat after tweaking my knee)
- when you point this board it flies
- the flex between your bindings is different than a standard burton board. it seems like you think something and it happens instantaneously (due to the power transmission of the metal and the light light weight)
- ollieing on this thing is amazing

Cons:
- the vaportech takes some getting used to
- people definitely notice that you are riding a vapor
- it is jibbable (took it through the park at mt snow) but the "ding" takes some getting used to (and don't think about the pricetag mid rail slide)
- yes, it will c

2010? More Like 1910
SGT712 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote SGT712 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2006 at 9:28am
Awesome write-up, hoon!  
Quiver: GNU Park Pickle 156
Stance: 15/-9, 24"
hoon View Drop Down
Guest Gear Expert

Quote hoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2006 at 2:59am
thanks. i also forgot to mention that i have been beating the dog pile outta my vapor on logs, rocks and rails. still seems to be doing fine without any dimples, cracks, etc. let's see when i can break this biotch.

Edited by hoon - Sep/01/2006 at 3:00am
2010? More Like 1910
Dr. Nu-Nu View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
Burton Logo

Quote Dr. Nu-Nu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2006 at 5:48am
ahhh, so now i know where i read that thread from.. http://www.snowboard-mag.com/node/7922

hoon: are u still riding the vapor? still holding up that good? I'm impressed because I always hear the board is very lightweight and not good for jibs..

Edited by Nu-Nu - Sep/01/2006 at 5:51am
hoon View Drop Down
Guest Gear Expert

Quote hoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2006 at 9:22am
sorry this may be my 4th posting of that review. LOL.

1. blog
2. old BMB
3. snowboardmag.com
4. new BMB
5. this forum (SH!T I AM A LOSER)

yah it has been holding up well. rock grinds, rails, boxes, rotten stumps, a few log grinds... but i kept it pretty mellow since my knee was fvcked.

if i don't sell it, i intend to see how many licks it takes to break the dog pile out of it.

although i have seen one totally crumble but that was from taking a tree at high speeds in the woods at Stowe. and i know from hearsay that they can also dimple under pressure.

Edited by hoon - Sep/01/2006 at 9:23am
2010? More Like 1910
Dr. Nu-Nu View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
Burton Logo

Quote Dr. Nu-Nu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2006 at 2:16pm
How'd you injure your knee hoon?
hoon View Drop Down
Guest Gear Expert

Quote hoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2006 at 1:36pm
skiing a rail. LOL.

Edited by hoon - Sep/03/2006 at 1:36pm
2010? More Like 1910
lexravens View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote lexravens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2006 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by brodster

I think the Palmer Platinum should be discussed too!

I second that, curious if a board that is half the price of my car is worth the extra cash, be interesting to find out how the solid carbon laminate rides,  I know I never will with a price like that
Can't wait for the white stuff
C4 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
aka cnr913

Quote C4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2006 at 10:03pm

Vapor Ė  Where do I begin with this review? This board is simply amazing. The Vapor is Burtonís lightest production board to date and I am a proud owner of the 157 model. The day it was delivered to my house, I was in awe before I even opened the box and knew I was in for a treat. Upon opening the cloth board-condom, I found the sleekest, lightest, best constructed, raddest board I have ever laid eyes on. After mounting bindings and strapping in to throw down some carpet boarding, I found it to be fairly stiff with killer pop. Itís quite hard to believe that the Alumafly core is 90% air and feels how it does. But thatís not all the 2007 Vapor is (or isnít) made of. Add on stainless steel edges (say bye-bye to rust), Sintered WFO base, Carbon I-beam, Multizone EGD, Pressure Distribution edges, a negative core profile, and new for the 07 model, Vapor skin, a pro tip and tail and you have the lightest snow killing machine. A few extras to add to the list would be the sharp looking pin stripping, multi colored sidewalls, a textured ďBĒ on the top sheet, and less inserts than the standard board and then youíre ready to fly away in style.  There are no worries of you have Sasquatch sized feet, this year they introduced the 163W just for you clown shoe wearing rippers. I cannot stop looking at this board. The only drawbacks I see for the new Vapor is the price, the limited stance options, and fingerprints on the top sheet stick out worse than Richard Simons in a biker bar. Iím worried about hitting little rocks, lift line tailgaters, rails, and the elusive board thief when it comes to the Vapor, but since I got a huge deal on it, Iím sure Iíll be taking this thing everywhere and pushing it to the limit. If Keir Dillon is backing this all-terrain machine, what could go wrong?

Pros Ė Top of the line materials, light as a feather, sleek looks

Con Ė cost, worried about base shots, finger printy top sheet.

Edited by cnr913 - Nov/14/2006 at 10:53pm
I break balls.
wiigin_out View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote wiigin_out Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2007 at 7:47pm
i have to disagree with the vapor lovin.  Its a terrible board.  Aluminium cores, while a nice thought, are not a good idea.  The fact that aluminium is a material with no fatigue limit means that it is extremely susceptible to repeated loading no matter how light that load is.  Even the guys at Burton will admit that the Vapor is useless outside the pipe when pressed.  I like that Burton is pushing the envelope but they werent successful with the vapor.  And after even only 25-30 days riding in a season its dead.  Save your money and buy two other great boards for the same price.
I like cheese
brodster View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
What is there to say-

Quote brodster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/25/2007 at 10:39am
Originally posted by wiigin_out

And after even only 25-30 days riding in a season its dead.

I didn't know you had a vapor. Even though I don't think aluminum honeycomb is the best material either, how did you like a board that light. I personally think you should'nt buy boards that are too light. I think there are limits in this realm too, despite strength.

wiigin_out View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote wiigin_out Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/27/2007 at 6:44pm
i dont have one i demoed one a couple of times both brand new and after it had been ridden for that amount of time.  plus i know a few gapers who bought them and regretted it.  no matter how good it may be i refuse to shell out that much cash on a stick. 

but its definately waaaaay too light.  sounds weird to say but it gets thrown around by every little bump in the snow and in the air u just cant even feel it under ur feet.  the thing is pure death at high speed on anything but the silkiest, smoothest corduroy.  and forget about ice.

truly horrible board.  i honestly dont see why anyone would buy one unless their either a big time pipe jock or just want to be able to say they have one.  id prefer to ride a custom and thats really saying something
I like cheese
eastcoastrider View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote eastcoastrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/22/2007 at 4:18am
Originally posted by Nu-Nu

why do they have to make this board so godly and put it in a seperate black cloth cover... i wonder what the cygnus x2 comes in then?

thats funny cause when i bought my baron es it was delieverd in a black velvety cloth it was godly and so is the board
Go BIG or Go Home

Board: Baron ES 159
Bindings: Burton Idiom
Boots: Burton Motos
Jacket: Burton Audex
malatose View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote malatose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2007 at 7:01pm
As a Vapor owner, and a midwest rider I have to say that you have absolutely no clue what you speak of in regards of this board. I'm not trashing your riding ability, or saying I'm better or anything of the sort. I've had the board for about a year now, had 27 days on the hill with it.
It's lost absolutely NOTHING in terms of performance since day one. If your familiar with midwest riding we have some of the worst conditions around. Rarely see powder, we're lucky if we have a thick groomed base. Quite used to ice as well. Having said that I love to point the sucker downhill and blaze. It's saved my hide on more than one occasion. The lightweight means it responds immediately to your input, the edges dig in like icepicks on request. Only downside is the price, and I can't quite bring myself to complain about that since I got both my Series 13 vapors free. Long story, I'll recount it if anyone actually cares.
Needless to say Burton customer support ROCKS.
shroomsm View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote shroomsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2008 at 1:30pm
i just ordered a burton vapor with p1 bindings.. do you think its a good match?
shroomsm View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote shroomsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/20/2008 at 11:32am
hellll yea i just ordered this board but i got the second.. it was 50% off!!!!!! such a great price for such a good board.. i cant wait to ride it with my p1 burton bindings.. 
Dice View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Dice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/30/2008 at 6:20pm
Why P1 and not CO2? Just curios cause I'm thinking of similar set-up!

Comfort wise, both are similar except CO2 is more stiff.
PEOPLE ARE ALL THE SAME… THEY ALL THINK THEY ARE DIFFERENT!!! -------- GEAR: Palmer Timeless 164, Nitro Haze 156, Burton T6 164, Ride Machete 161W (LE), Burton P1.1, Burton C60, Union Force SL, K2 DB T1 (boots)
shroomsm View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote shroomsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/15/2008 at 4:03pm
when i bought my vapor off this site it only came in a cardboard cover.. wats the deal??
The English Butler View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote The English Butler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/16/2008 at 5:52am
Originally posted by shroomsm

i just ordered a burton vapor with p1 bindings.. do you think its a good match?

I ride my Vapor with P1s and love it, people say the P1s aren't super responsive but with a board moving that quick it aint a problem for me and the P1s are soo comfy. Did ride the Vapor with CO2's, I'm not convinced it makes a huge difference I just love my comfort with bindings LOL
More Tea Lord Douglas?
youngun92 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote youngun92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/16/2008 at 7:57am
Originally posted by malatose

As a Vapor owner, and a midwest rider I have to say that you have absolutely no clue what you speak of in regards of this board. I'm not trashing your riding ability, or saying I'm better or anything of the sort. I've had the board for about a year now, had 27 days on the hill with it.It's lost absolutely NOTHING in terms of performance since day one. If your familiar with midwest riding we have some of the worst conditions around. Rarely see powder, we're lucky if we have a thick groomed base. Quite used to ice as well. Having said that I love to point the sucker downhill and blaze. It's saved my hide on more than one occasion. The lightweight means it responds immediately to your input, the edges dig in like icepicks on request. Only downside is the price, and I can't quite bring myself to complain about that since I got both my Series 13 vapors free. Long story, I'll recount it if anyone actually cares. Needless to say Burton customer support ROCKS.

howd you get them for free?

joyceyboyceey View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote joyceyboyceey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2008 at 7:48am

Can any females that have ridden the vapor comment on their experience? I'm thinking of getting the '08 and am very curious about how easy it is for a female rider to handle this board.

shop_45296 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote shop_45296 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2008 at 6:22pm
malatose, i'd totally like to find out how you got em free!
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2008 at 6:35pm
cant believe that dude up there took it through the park on rails.

ps - rome design, lightest board out there.  not that weight is an issue.
)(nfinit)( View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
ht sunset

Quote )(nfinit)( Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2008 at 11:47am
Originally posted by spenser

cant believe that dude up there took it through the park on rails.

ps - rome design, lightest board out there.  not that weight is an issue.

I thought the vapor was more of a street board myself LOL

are you positive the rome design is the lightest board out there?  There are a lot of boards that are within a few ounces of each other.  The real question is, why do you need the lightest board, by a few ounces?  Vapor is sweet.
x_X
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2008 at 6:15am
The Vapor feels lighter on the snow, but they are about the same weight based on the ones I own.  The Design being so much stiffer makes it feel heavier, but both a pretty nice on the knee when riding the chairlift.  My Design is the first year model though, I think the newer ones are a lot lighter.
A4 Snow View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote A4 Snow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2008 at 6:27pm
Thanks for what if finally believe may be an accurate review of this board. Although I am desperatly trying to convince myself that this board it the end all, i have severe doubs.  I completley agree with the idea that you belive that aluminum cores are are a great idea however not a good idea.  I do disagree that aluminum does not have a fatiuge limit (if stressed into the plastic deformation zone).........have you ever bent a beer can back and forth until the aluminum parted all of a sudden.  I may be jaded as I used to ride for them (Burton) and forever love and believe in thier products, however I bought the very first generation  T6 and was terribly dissappointed.  That (aluminum core) board would change from camber to rocker with a breath and then back again. Peraps your Vapor was dead after a few turns.........?     Just a quick posting with thoughts off the top of my head.  Let me know what you think.
Because I really care and have some technical background. 
Nothing Beats Audis in the Snow
A4 Snow View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote A4 Snow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2008 at 6:40pm
Your spelling sucks.
A4 Snow View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote A4 Snow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2008 at 6:41pm
Thats because I was drinking beers at an engineering refresher school course.  Duh.
NHrivnak View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote NHrivnak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2010 at 1:30pm
I can't wait to get my burton vapor! I'm afraid to use it in the park because i don't want to break the edges on rails. Has this happened to anyone?
liljust View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote liljust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2010 at 10:53pm
Nice board, never tried it, hope to do so. Still the price holds me down.
WhiteGlossy View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote WhiteGlossy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/25/2010 at 6:38am
http://whiteglossyundergroundboard.com/2010/08/25/burton-heats-up-the-slopes-already/
Rolz View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Rolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/27/2011 at 4:31pm
hearing and reading so many good things about this board, love everything about the board except the price!
 Post Reply Post Reply