Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Vapor.CO2.Nu Boa View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Next Generation of Snowboarders
    Posted: Aug/17/2008 at 6:42pm

If youve been to any major moutanin or any mountain really you find theres quite a differance between the old school boarders and skiers and the new school. The younger riders tend to deck out thier gear a little more(ie Bandanas, chrome or reflective goggle lenses and crazy jacket and pant patterns). I typically ride at killington and i heard one of the older lift operatiors/ riders refer to us as the rebels of the sport.

So if any body has some pictures of some bad asss decked out gear or cares to explain what they rock submit it
Hbzfinest View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
me

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2008 at 11:05am

IS that bad ass decked out enough for you?
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Online
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2008 at 11:41am
the loud ridiculous prints are dumb.  the furthest i get toward that is bright colors, but thats always on an impulse.  i always end up back at the blacks, browns, regular blues and greens.  colors of the earth!
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2008 at 12:10pm
that was prett bad ass ill put my shat up as soon as i get a picture
Hbzfinest View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
me

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2008 at 10:40am
yeah def post that up, id love to see what u got.
Hbzfinest View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
me

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2008 at 3:05pm
some more pre-seaon steeze for ya!!!
Duneluder View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2008 at 12:29pm

That's about as decked out as I get, my pants have lime green stripes, kinda looks brown in the picture though, I have a new hat this season that's green and black, and I have a tye-dye bandana that I'll use to keep the wind off my neck, it gets pretty damn cold up on the lifts...

burr
)(nfinit)( View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
ht sunset

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2008 at 2:14pm
not bad, so long as you enjoi the ride.
x_X
Geology Rocks View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2008 at 2:27pm
again,......it all comes around. I remember when this stuff was huge in the late 90's, and wide super stances were awesome.

joe
<br />
NickinChicago View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Halloween

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/14/2008 at 6:12am
hmm I just wear a white jacket and some dark greenish pants.
RastaRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/14/2008 at 6:50am
yea i dont got much as far as getting decked out goes, i have tan pants a black jacket and camo bandana
annamrice View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/14/2008 at 9:58am
Dear "whomever"

This is to inform you that you are ILLEGALLY LINKED to my website - I spoke with David Buell last week regarding 6 links to my website - unauthorized - as I did not set these links up.  Upon investigation, David informed me that a member of the Sierra Snowboard online store Forum had attemtped to download an image from my website to use as their Avatar. 

First, you are breaking the law - ALL MY IMAGES ON MY WEBSITE ARE REGISTERED COPYRIGHTS - it is against the law to upload, download, copy, OR STEAL[ which is what you are doing] - copyrighted imagery without the IMPLICIT AND EXPLICIT PERMISSION OF THE OWNER OF SAID COPYRIGHTED ART WORK.  I copyright all my art imagery to prevent stealing such as you attempted to do - and I  do pursue offenders full force.  I am requesting that you remove the link to my website immediately - you know what you did and what website I'm speaking of - so I insist you undo the link you have done.  Since I cannot remove your link as the linking did not originate from me - you must do so.

If you do not undo this link, I will pursue you within the full extent of the law.
My email address is:  bri.anna21 @verizon.net iof you wish to speak with me regarding these charges.  Just in case you may wonder how I know you are the culprit - well, the link you established on my webaccount page links me directly Angryto your message in this forum. 

Copyright Laws are US Goverment Laws and are fully enforceable - with your IP address, I can find out where you live, your phone number etc.  So do the right thing and unlink from my website - TODAY!

I appreciate you prompt cooperation with this illegal act.
Anna M. Rice

annamrice View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/14/2008 at 10:06am
To the Forum -

I just posted a message regarding COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT - this message was intended for the following poster known as Vapor.CO2.Nu Boa. 

When I clicked on the illegal link in my webaccount page - the link brought me to a posting by Vapor.CO2.Nu Boa.  There are two other links remaining that I will click to link to whomever was trying to steal image from my website - probably is the same person...

Sorry for the confusion - but I'm so annoyed by all this waste of my time - just forgot to put in name of forum poster.

Everyone - except Vapor.CO2.Nu Boa b- should just ignore my post. 

Anna Rice
annamrice View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/14/2008 at 10:14am
Dear Vapor.CO2.Nu Boa
This pertains to the last two postings I posted regarding your attempt to steal imagery from my website - well, it looks like all three links from my website were done by YOU - so I strongly suggest you get busy and UNDO what you did - I'm not a patient person, this is my business, what I do to earn a living - so I deeply resent your dishonesty. 
This certainly does not exhibit a high quality of sportsmanship - since this is on a sports type arena - I certainly would not steal your ski/snowboard equipment just because I saw it laying around somewhere -
Anna M Rice - mac lives DESIGNS
kobe View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/14/2008 at 12:53pm
^^ why post here when you can PM him or the Sierra Mods to remove the links.
annamrice View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/14/2008 at 5:34pm
Dear Kobe-
Thank you for the suggestion regarding contacting moderators of forum - could you direct me to how I can find them.  I only registered with this forum to post to Vapor.CO2.Nu Boa since the "inlink" on my webaccount page took me to Vapor's post.
I've looked for a moderator icon - but can't find one - on art forums I belong, the moderator is usually listed at beginning of each topic post page.

I posted here, thinking perhaps he has a "notification" of messages set up - that's one of the things I selected in my registration process.  As for PMing him - I couldn't find a PM tool.  And he doesn't have an alternative email listed in his profile.  I was also hoping that perhaps one of his buds might see my post and let him know "some lady is really po'd at you" and he'd check it out and respond - of course it is an assumption this is a female.  One of the inlinks was to a page with ladies outerwear shown...lol.

If you can offer any help - like how to contact a moderator, I'd be most appreciative.  BTW, there were 6 inlinks when I checked my stats on webaccount page - after speaking with David Buell, three were removed but three remain - makes me wonder if two people were inlinking to my webaccount.  What actually happened according to David, was a person tried to upload an image on my website, didn't know what they were doing and a permanent inlink was set - I cannot remove the linking since I didn't originate the link [here is what the link looks like - "text/html www.sierrasnoboard.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=18595 -"] which when clicked on, leads straight to Vapor's post on Aug 18, 2008.

Thanking you in advance -
Anna M. Rice - mac lives Designs
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/15/2008 at 7:02am

This is not an appropriate place for an argument such as this one. This was very immature on your part. you could easily PM me secondly i have nothing to do with anycopy right infringment of anykind so if i had accadently done anything wrong i apologize i did not intend for it to harm u in anyway. thirdly if you dont want your pictures copy and pasted you can just protect your pictures. i did not commit to any of what u said i did puposely or with any knowledge of what i was doing and im not sure that i am really responsable for any of this, however i will take steps to help u corrrect the problem if you would like.

Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/15/2008 at 7:13am
im sorry please forgive me for my rudeness anything i can do to help please tel me so now.
ShredbettyZoe View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
<3

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/15/2008 at 8:34am
haha well this thread took a twisted little turn!
T[a]YLOR View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/15/2008 at 10:16am
If you don't want your pictures used, don't post them online, it's that simple. Even better, don't come on here and be a real dick about it, it's unnecessary. Better yet, why not just disable right clicking on your website and then you wont have these problems. Simple.
Expert Members
Expert Members
ht sunset

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/15/2008 at 10:24am
Originally posted by Vapor.CO2.Nu Boa

im sorry please forgive me for my rudeness anything i can do to help please tel me so now.

Vapor - don't worry about it, copyright laws say nothing against this and the way you linked to the image still provides a link to the original location, thus giving credit to the appropriate author.  In no way did you represent the artwork as your own.

There are ways for that person to protect the images, with the level of frustration it seems this may be the best alternative.

It is unfortunate that it was handled this way, but 90% of the avatar's used out there are probably not original artwork and if done appropriately they only advertise the persons work further.

I do not believe in any way that stealing someone's work and using it negatively or representing it as your own is appropriate.  This is a case in which a simple request should have been enough.  Threats were unnecessary.

Does add some interesting information.  If you would like to learn a little more about the copyright laws for online images here is one interpretation
x_X
Instructor
Instructor
<3

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/15/2008 at 10:35am
actually its called hotlinking, and i think it is illegal cause everyone who views their picture is using their bandwidth... its not really a copyright issue.
Expert Members
Expert Members
ht sunset

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/15/2008 at 11:29am
I believe hotlinking is an ethical issue, not necessarily defined by laws.  I am not trying to defend stealing other peoples work.  I am just defending against unnecessary threats, especially to someone doing something unintended, either because of ignorance or misguidance.
x_X
Instructor
Instructor
<3

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/15/2008 at 1:24pm
Cement Boots?
Expert Members
Expert Members
ht sunset

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/15/2008 at 1:31pm

don't hurt me.

x_X
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/15/2008 at 1:37pm
dude look out the guy from monsters inc called your ass is grass becasue you stole one of thier charqaters
Expert Members
Expert Members
ht sunset

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/15/2008 at 2:53pm
no they stole the idea from me!
x_X
annamrice View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/16/2008 at 11:02am
Vapor.CO2.Nu Boa-

In response to your posting on 10/15/@9:02 - I have protected all my imagery on my website by registering all my imagery shown with the US Govt COPYRIGHT OFFICE!  So all my images are protected by COPYRIGHT LAW - which forbids the use of any of my images without my permission - my name and contact info is shown clearly on my website.  All of my images posted have the COPYRIGHT SYMBOL, MY NAME AND DATE REGISTERED shown clearly on each image. All you had to do was engage your brain and contact me.  But no, you chose to "right click and download" which is called S T E A L I N G! 

I strongly suggest you not listen to your "forum supporters" as they are feeding you incorrect information.  My website is my portal for commerce, since I am a business entity, I have not only an accountant who advises me, but I also have a lawyer who advises me on legal matters pertaining to my business endeavors.  All the information I have posted to you here in this public forum and in private email is 100% correct.  I am a serious artist who promotes and sells my artwork - I do not waste my time with mis-information.  It is probably true that you "did not know what you were doing" when you attempted to download an image - the fact that you do not have a visible avatar is proof.  However in your clumsy attempt to download from my website, you have created an "INLINK" on my web hosting service, on my webaccount page - everytime someone clicks on your name "Vapor.CO2.Nu Boa" on this forum, my bandwidth is used - all bandwith used above my paid subscription level will be billed to me in excess of monthly fee I pay for webhosting.  So your link is costing me money.  Now I cannot remove your link - only you can do that, if you don't know how to do that, then ask someone on the staff board who handles the website for SierraSnoboards.  I can only remove links I set up myself.  If you noticed when you were scouring my website - I HAVE NO LINKS ESTABLISHED because basically my site is still in construction and I don't want to worry with any linking at this time. 

I personally feel you are behaving like a recalcitrant child who was caught with their hand in the cookie jar, cheered on by your unknowledgeable forum friends - you are wrong in your actions and you need to take the steps I've requested several times now to unlink from my webaccount page.

Anna M. Rice - mac lives Designs
phizzle View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/16/2008 at 4:14pm
i'm confused, i don't see a picture in any of his posts?
"So which one is the hot tub casanova"?
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/20/2008 at 5:07pm
ok so that thread took a detour so lets get back to the topic...anyone else have any badass looks, pictures appreeciatrd
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/20/2008 at 8:19pm
*clicks on Vapor.co2.Nu Boa's name*

LOL

joe

<br />
barnyard View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Banana

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2008 at 4:18am
damn, what a b****.

Way to piss off a whole bunch of potential customers. Just because we're snowboarders doesn't mean we're not businessmen...
Lib Tech Skate Banana 159 (2007/2008) w/ Burton CO2 bindings (2007/2008) ; Sierra Reverse Crew 162 (2010) w/ Rome 390 Boss bindings (2010/2011)
dcdomain View Drop Down
Local
Local
Citizen Chan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2008 at 4:25am
Wow! I'm just curious as to what images were linked to. Anyone have a description? Hope descriptions aren't copyrighted LOL.

Anyway, I imagine the owner is more pissed about hot linking than about copyright issues. If she was concerned about people stealing her work, she would watermark everything. Otherwise people could just download the image and host it on their own and the owner would have one hell of a time tracking IP thieves down.

If she wants to prevent hot linking, that should be done on the server level, those right click protecting scripts don't work all too well. Anna you do know you can protect directories from having outside servers linking to it right? Anna, you can read up on how to do so here, it's extremely simple. If you went out of your way to consult your lawyer (and your accountant Ermm about this), then I assume you have five minutes to follow the instructions above. And it'll be fun too, you can swap in another image in its place thereby notifying all viewers that someone is stealing bandwidth from you.

With that said... wow. Don't know the mindset of the individual, but I expect everything I post online to get jacked at one time or another. Don't really care since it'll be way too hard to prevent it. So why bother right? Sharing means caring Big%20smile.
JMichaels View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2008 at 6:55am
annamrice is an idiot, only an idiot would take the time to write posts as ridiculous as those.

"Approach determines response."
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2008 at 8:37am
You all must keep one thing in mind. We are nothing but young, hooligan, snow riders who drag our knuckles and smoke a ton of weed while living in our parents basement. This is the image that Anna has of us because she is a 54 year old female living in tampa Florida.

However...remember one thing Anna. Although we might be snowboarders there are all walks of life here. I for one would never ever do business with someone who presents themselves like you. there is a right way and a wrong way to handle business...and this is not one of the examples of the right way. Is what he did wrong? Yes..did he probably know? No...does ignorance make it right? Nope...however one could have accomplished their goal differently.

Joe
ps- I wouldnt go off gloating about finding all the info....I too can find all info on anyone. Its not hard and usually all public free information. You must be excited in St Petersburg with Tampa inthe WS. Oh and say Hi to Nadine and Leah for me!Wink
<br />
Expert Members
Expert Members
ht sunset

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2008 at 9:01am
ooh look at Joe showin off them internet stalking skills. 

Actually I am quite impressed with the knowledge base these forums have from both young and old(er). 
x_X
barnyard View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Banana

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2008 at 9:18am
I'm 34 and am Corporate Controller of a software company that does well above $130M in sales annually. 

And I guess I'm a knuckle dragger too.
Lib Tech Skate Banana 159 (2007/2008) w/ Burton CO2 bindings (2007/2008) ; Sierra Reverse Crew 162 (2010) w/ Rome 390 Boss bindings (2010/2011)
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2008 at 10:28am
Originally posted by barnyard

I'm 34 and am Corporate Controller of a software company that does well above $130M in sales annually. 

And I guess I'm a knuckle dragger too.

a self professed knuckle dragger!

joe
<br />
Expert Members
Expert Members
ht sunset

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2008 at 11:14am
i am also a skier (former life) and all my family skis.  I am the only knuckle dragger and I hear it all the time from them.  Too bad they can't keep up Big%20smile

geo...slacker.
x_X
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2008 at 11:28am
Originally posted by )(nfinit)(

i am also a skier (former life) and all my family skis.  I am the only knuckle dragger and I hear it all the time from them.  Too bad they can't keep up Big%20smile

geo...slacker.

who me!? why me?

joe
<br />
Expert Members
Expert Members
ht sunset

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2008 at 11:33am

well, why not?

x_X
burtonsnow8 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2008 at 1:00pm
Damn I really can't believe she is coming here saying this and expecting us to take her as a professional who should be taken seriously.  Truthfully those posts just make me laugh!

I'm sure the same results could have been obtained with a much shorter, much nicer:

Could you please remove the images as they are copyright protected.

Hell and we even might think she has a personality after that.

Back on topic:

Can't think of the names for all my gear, but i got the DC currency camo, black pants, some nice oakley goggles with design.  I'll get some pics when back home.  Either way, all that flashy nonsense with hot pink and purple can stay in san fransisco as far as i'm concerned.
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2008 at 6:39pm

i have a special preinted gray on white burtion jaket. Gray suit printed gray burton cargos and im getting new goggles mits and hlemt for this year i post last years look when i get a picture

Ride A Capita View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2008 at 5:15am
protect your pictures using flash holms, its easy enough and cant be stolen (unless ran through a flash decryptor program but that is rare), keep it real
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2008 at 6:05pm

okay dokey guys lets shoot back to the idea of this thread

nufan06 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2008 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by annamrice

this waste of my time

I believe this sums it up. 

Also, for someone who does all their business online, they sure make it hard to find their website.  Google doesn't come up with much for "mac lives Designs"

To the topic - I'm not very steezy, pretty plain outerware, I'll look for a picture soon.
2008 Option Signature 157
2008 Union Force (Thanks Sierra)
2007 Forum Youngblood 156
2007 Forum Platform V. 1.5
2007 Burton Freestyle

It's hard to snowboard in Kansas and Oklahoma.
francis View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/11/2008 at 10:29am
Black on black on black on a black board here.

My boots are white and brown though.

And, no, linking to a copyrighted image is not illegal.  in fact if annamrice is receiving inlinks it would actually improve her site rankings.  We've got a five dollar fine for whining.
Of course you can't fokin' see I just shot a fokin' blank in your eye.
NorthLakeLoc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2009 at 10:42am
Look like a pretty basic fit to me!
43 days :)
ah8174 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Trying to Teach the Little Sis

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/26/2009 at 9:37am
Right now I am wearing a brown plaid like jacket and some tan pants.  To each his own if your 80 wearing a bright purple and orange jumpsuit that's cool with me, and if your 15 with a bandana and "bling" attached to your snowboard that's cool too!
zagfan5 View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
whatever

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2009 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by Ride A Capita

protect your pictures using flash holms, its easy enough and cant be stolen (unless ran through a flash decryptor program but that is rare), keep it real

if i want a flash picture i'll just screen capture it and crop it
Camber Is The New Rocker.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>