Snowboard Wall Mount / Display

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  123>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kaabob View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Online Status: Offline
  Quote kaabob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Snowboard Wall Mount / Display
    Posted: Sep/05/2008 at 9:40pm
Ok I want to mount my snowboard diagonally on my wall but haven't found any dirt cheap way of mounting it on the wall.  I know Bakoda used to sell door-stop like wall mounts, and there are $40 gravity wall mounts, but I'm looking for a dirt-cheap method of mounting snowboards.  How do you guys do it?

And Sierra, I've found some Burton board mounts, but I can't seem to find it in the online store.

http://www.burton.com/Gear/Default.aspx#/gear/productdetail/mens/tools-&-tuning/10530/206529400/

Thanks in advance!
zagfan5 View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
whatever

Quote zagfan5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/05/2008 at 11:16pm
ladder hooks from home depot. 99 cents each. the onl problem is you can only hand em horizontally, not diagonally like you want to.
Camber Is The New Rocker.
kaabob View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote kaabob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2008 at 12:04am
Originally posted by zagfan5

ladder hooks from home depot. 99 cents each. the onl problem is you can only hand em horizontally, not diagonally like you want to.

oh, are you talking about these?  Mounting the shorter side on the wall and letting the board rest on the longer side seems feasible.

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=5089

I can't seem to find any suitable ones on the homedepot website.

spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2008 at 12:21am
nails... and put something around them (like a bit of towel or something) if you care about your edges, not that theyll really hurt them.

or you can take a nail, then take a nut from a skateboard axle (or one the same size)... put the nail through it, and then put that through a skateboard wheel, so you basically attach the wheel to the wall..  kinda cool looking and works pretty well.  arrange them so they grab the board so itll stay.. just like other mounts, you basically stick the board up by putting them behind the widest part of the nose/tail so the board jams in there.  you can get any wall position with the board, like diagonal like you want.
Snowboardledgend View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Snowboardledgend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2008 at 7:44pm
Yea, i use ladder hooks too!
nce View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote nce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2010 at 10:52pm
Hangtimeusa.com has a pair (horizontal or vertical) for $19.99 or 3 pairs on sale for $50.99 with free shipping.
eriklim View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
take on the ice

Quote eriklim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2010 at 11:26pm
That's a decent deal on wall mounts.  Do they affect the camber when setting them directly on the wall like that?
djmikeyc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote djmikeyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2010 at 12:12am
I gotta get me some of these!
Sick of seeing my board on the ground
Brandysl View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Brandysl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2010 at 12:39am
Have you try this?

Gravity Suspended...for Snowboarders and Skateboarders. 

Sy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Sy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2010 at 12:52am
I've got some from here http://www.rixontm.com/ pretty cheap but do the job well and you can have you board at any angle you like.
kevv View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote kevv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/04/2010 at 12:29pm
thanks sy, those rixon things are realy nice!
great service to, I received mine 2 days after placing the order!

julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/04/2010 at 12:41pm
I've seen ad's on craigslist, but not for mounting boards diagonally. It would look sweet, though!
Shop smart... Shop S-Mart.
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mech9t5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/05/2010 at 6:32am
i don't have any boards nice enough to mount...  why you guys want to mount them on the wall?  i shove my boards in the basement... 
markyjas View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote markyjas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/05/2010 at 6:52am
Originally posted by eriklim

That's a decent deal on wall mounts.  Do they affect the camber when setting them directly on the wall like that?

I really doubt this would have any effect on the camber although the Rixon website tries to sell it like it is better for camber than storing the board flat.  I think that's bologna!  Think about how much the board is flexed around when you use it.  Just standing on it on flat ground probably does more to it than any method of storage would. 
VTBear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
bear at beaver creek

Quote VTBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/05/2010 at 10:10am
not bad.. although this thread reminds me that my bindings are still on my board.. need to take them off
Asian_Death View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Asian_Death Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/05/2010 at 10:29am
Just build a diagonal shelf and add a piece of wood to the end to hold it from sliding.

L
    L
        L      L
            L
That's what she said!
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/05/2010 at 11:03am
Originally posted by markyjas

Originally posted by eriklim

I really doubt this would have any effect on the camber although the Rixon website tries to sell it like it is better for camber than storing the board flat.  I think that's bologna!  Think about how much the board is flexed around when you use it.  Just standing on it on flat ground probably does more to it than any method of storage would. 

Yeah, I read that too.  They were also like if you put your board upright then it MIGHT be better for your board.  Anyways, I just ordered some Rixon mounts too because I'm tired of shoving all my boards under my bed and my walls do feel a little empty. 
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
greenmnmsi View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Ride wit me

Quote greenmnmsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/05/2010 at 11:09am
I used things called Hang-Tight from ebay, look em up.
ianbejamin View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ianbejamin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/05/2010 at 11:11am
i think that diagonal shelf idea sounds pretty legit. I may have to try that.
dvdngu View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote dvdngu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/05/2010 at 11:15am
i use hardware hooks. think theyre the same thing as ladder hooks. dirt cheap at any hardware store.
purple_sparkles View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote purple_sparkles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/05/2010 at 12:30pm
i can also vouch for hangtimes, they can hold up boards and bindings and are aesthetically pleasing. i've bought like 4 pairs of them
PICKLES View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Nom, nom, nom.

Quote PICKLES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/05/2010 at 9:38pm
We went through this issue last year.  Storing winter gear.  So we decided to turn a bedroom into our Winter Room.  Storage for winter gear.  Went to Home Depot, got a couple of 2"x4"x8' pieces of wood and 12 bike hangers that screw in, we built this:

Below is a photo of the bike hangers screwed to the wood and how it holds the board.  Makes for easy removal and stable storage.

Here's another view from underneath the rack.  It's really a utility rack.  We hang all sorts of things on it.

The wood was really cheap and the bike hangers were about $1 each.  It's wise  to nail or screw in the wood to the studs for support.  The bottom of the rack is right above the baseboard rather than on the floor.  Best part about the whole thing is that you can add more hangers.  We're using an old snowboard as a shelf for now.  It took us an hour at most to do this project.

The cat has nothing to do with the rack.
Weather, comply!
AyChan87 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Snowboarding

Quote AyChan87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/05/2010 at 10:03pm
wow like the setup...cost effective too :-) 
Grinch View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Grinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/06/2010 at 5:38am
I found some at home depot when I bought mine. They are just little white clips. They work really nice.
keljai View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote keljai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/06/2010 at 5:41am
couldn't you just buy some brackets and hold it up that way? not sure if it would hold the weight but for 2$ a pop, l think its worth a try before you go for some hardcore parts some ppl mentioned
Shadowrak View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Shadowrak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/06/2010 at 5:44am
Originally posted by PICKLES

We went through this issue last year.  Storing winter gear.  So we decided to turn a bedroom into our Winter Room.  Storage for winter gear.  

How big is your house that you now have a winter storage room...
Rossignol Scope
Burton C60
Burton SL9
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mech9t5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/06/2010 at 6:19am
Originally posted by Shadowrak

We went through this issue last year.  Storing winter gear.  So we decided to turn a bedroom into our Winter Room.  Storage for winter gear.  

ya seriously, using a room for winter gear storage seems over the top... 
xxsweet_jen24xx View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote xxsweet_jen24xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/06/2010 at 7:24am
Originally posted by mech9t5

I guess I am over the top too, then, 'cause I have an entire room dedicated to all of my snowboarding stuff. Then again, I have a 4 bedroom house, and it's just my husband and I. I have to do something with all of that extra space, lol.
I killed Pat... again!
PICKLES View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Nom, nom, nom.

Quote PICKLES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/06/2010 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by xxsweet_jen24xx

Originally posted by mech9t5

I guess I am over the top too, then, 'cause I have an entire room dedicated to all of my snowboarding stuff. Then again, I have a 4 bedroom house, and it's just my husband and I. I have to do something with all of that extra space, lol.

BINGO!  That's exactly it.  We work a lot and don't have kids.  There's a guest room, but rarely used.  (not home, no visitors!).
Weather, comply!
dwayno View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote dwayno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/06/2010 at 4:12pm
My dog mounts my snowboard if I stand it up for him Big smile
ryanhealey5 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ryanhealey5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/11/2010 at 5:23am
I use the top shelf in my room, and put some rubber stoppers to stop it from sliding down.
JESSICRAZIE View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote JESSICRAZIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/11/2010 at 7:24pm
i have hang-tight wall mounts. they work really well. i love them.
kimmidollz` View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote kimmidollz` Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/11/2010 at 7:36pm
i was going to the blue burton ones. Any one know if they are any good??
coreyfisherman View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote coreyfisherman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/11/2010 at 8:02pm
Does anyone ever screw their board into the wall using wall screws through the binding holes?
PICKLES View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Nom, nom, nom.

Quote PICKLES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/11/2010 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by coreyfisherman

Does anyone ever screw their board into the wall using wall screws through the binding holes?

I don't see how that would work unless the screw goes through the base.
Weather, comply!
xxbailzxx View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote xxbailzxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/12/2010 at 2:43am
check ebay.. my friend bought a heap in bulk for cheap and they look pretty good too
Charb View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Charb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/12/2010 at 6:04am
good post, i have been meaning to look into that. i currently have my boards in a burton wheelie bag stored under the bed. i need to get a storage rack.
Abarolin View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Abarolin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/12/2010 at 8:47am
Originally posted by nce

Hangtimeusa.com has a pair (horizontal or vertical) for $19.99 or 3 pairs on sale for $50.99 with free shipping.

I recommend these too. I used them and you can mount it diagonally too.

joelpaton View Drop Down
Local
Local
Mt. Buller (Aus)

Quote joelpaton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/15/2010 at 1:00am
I got my mounts from Kmart, they have foam rubber covers on them so they dont scratch up my deck, love them, only $20 each.
Duneluder View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Duneluder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/22/2010 at 6:25pm
Sorry to revive, didn't want to make a new topic, but does anyone know if my boards would get damaged if I mount them above my heater?

dvdngu View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote dvdngu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/22/2010 at 6:48pm
might de laminate if it heats the board up for a while?
kingman756 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote kingman756 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/22/2010 at 7:24pm
nailed 2 pieces of wood on the wall then put 3 sets of hooks on the wood to hold my 3 boards.
elmers_cow View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote elmers_cow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/22/2010 at 10:49pm
They are these rubber pegs that are sold at walmarts that pop out about an inch and half. Its used for coats to be hanged on the wall. They're pretty sturdy and im sure they can hold a snowboard if you have two of them. Not sure what the price is though.
let it snow
DCC View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote DCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2010 at 7:46am
i just went to home depot and got these "L" shaped things for a couple bucks and screwed them in the wall

Duneluder View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Duneluder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2010 at 9:00am
sigh....anyone else on the HEATER QUESTION.

wpiass View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote wpiass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2010 at 9:25am
those cheapie ones for hanging bikes would work real well
be talkin to ya
Krazylegz1485 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2010 at 9:29am
Originally posted by Duneluder

Well, realistically how hot does it get?  Is it a wall mounted thing and you're going to put the board(s) right above it?  I can only assume that it wouldn't get hot enough to do the board damage, because if it did it'd probably be hot enough to do you damage as well, and that probably wouldn't fly from a safety standpoint. 

If it's an open flame, then that might not be the best idea.  If it's just a furnace vent or something, I don't see why not.  Details on this heater you got there?
http://thench.com/garage/
BudAshes View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BudAshes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2010 at 9:34am
Originally posted by Krazylegz1485

Well, realistically how hot does it get?  Is it a wall mounted thing and you're going to put the board(s) right above it?  I can only assume that it wouldn't get hot enough to do the board damage, because if it did it'd probably be hot enough to do you damage as well, and that probably wouldn't fly from a safety standpoint. 

If it's an open flame, then that might not be the best idea.  If it's just a furnace vent or something, I don't see why not.  Details on this heater you got there?

it might melt your wax but other than that I don't see a problem.
Duneluder View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Duneluder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2010 at 9:36am
Originally posted by Krazylegz1485

thanks for replying....everyone else doesn't actually read the posts and just replies to the several month old OP....anyway...

It's an old baseboard heater like the brown ones that go along the bottom of the wall, was going to mount them vertically on the wall above it...would probably be a foot or two so gap between the bottom of the board and heater, I would say the highest I put it on is 65ish during cold winter time...just worried my board might get damaged from the relatively direct heat blowing on them.

Krazylegz1485 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2010 at 10:11am
I don't know, I personally don't think that it'd be warm enough to negatively affect them.  It takes quite a bit of heat to melt the wax when you hot wax, and I can't imagine that your heater would even get close to that hot.  That and I'm assuming there's some sort of heat involved in the manufacturing process that would be greater than anything your baseboard heater could put out.  Not completely sure on the pressing process.
http://thench.com/garage/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>