Snowboard Wall Mount / Display

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <123>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Duneluder View Drop Down
Local
Local

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Duneluder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Snowboard Wall Mount / Display
    Posted: Sep/23/2010 at 9:54pm
Alright, thank you very much for your input, might PM Spenser just because I know he works in a shop and might know about heat damage and what not.....

Thanks a lot though for your input!

Krazylegz1485 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2010 at 2:38am
Word! 

If anybody is looking for stuff to hang boards on the wall I've got some Burton board hangers that mount to the wall.  I've got two sets of 3 and they look like this:

Mine are actually black plastic (not transparent, either) with chrome logos.  They recommend using three per board if mounting horizontal (see last picture arrangement) but you can use two per board and hang them vertically, thus getting three boards hung with the 6 brackets.  Anywho, they mount to the wall with screws and are pretty straight forward.  The top piece swivels on an axis to open the bracket completely up, releasing the board from the wall.

Anywho, if anybody's interested let me know.  They've been sitting around for over a year now.
http://thench.com/garage/
boardguy View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote boardguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/13/2010 at 8:05am
T-Rax has a single mount for like 20 bucks
www.t-raxsurf.com
they make snow, skate and surf stuff .

if i knew how to add a picture i would.
ma3lstrom13 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote ma3lstrom13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/13/2010 at 8:31am
Originally posted by PICKLES

We went through this issue last year.  Storing winter gear.  So we decided to turn a bedroom into our Winter Room.  Storage for winter gear.  Went to Home Depot, got a couple of 2"x4"x8' pieces of wood and 12 bike hangers that screw in, we built this:

Below is a photo of the bike hangers screwed to the wood and how it holds the board.  Makes for easy removal and stable storage.

Here's another view from underneath the rack.  It's really a utility rack.  We hang all sorts of things on it.

The wood was really cheap and the bike hangers were about $1 each.  It's wise  to nail or screw in the wood to the studs for support.  The bottom of the rack is right above the baseboard rather than on the floor.  Best part about the whole thing is that you can add more hangers.  We're using an old snowboard as a shelf for now.  It took us an hour at most to do this project.

The cat has nothing to do with the rack.

Looks nice. I thought about that but didnt know what to use for pegs. Bike hangers. I feel dumb for not seeing it. I will be making one shortly XD
GOA510 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote GOA510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/13/2010 at 8:38am
I used a pair of these white mounts (also came in rubberized black and a stainless steel finish). I don't exactly what they're for but I found them in the isle for cabinets and drawers. I believe they're some kind of drawer support or something. $5 for each bracket so not too pricey and they may work mounting diagonally, might need a third bracket though.

EDIT:
Its actually a handrail bracket, here's a link showing it better.
http://hardware.hardwarestore.com/27-104-hand-rail-brackets/handrail-bracket-512123.aspx

Duneluder View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Duneluder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/13/2010 at 10:42am
How are you guys finding all these perfect studs in your place to screw them into?!

My issue right now is A. not having a stud finder B. Not being confident in my ability to find studs without one a C. no hooks...

Generally studs are 16 O.C.  so I guess if I get a stud finder I could go based on that and do a horizontal wall mounting, 16 inches is pretty narrow for a mounting system isn't it?

Duneluder View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Duneluder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/13/2010 at 10:42am
derp...guess I could do 32....

BrettSeeley View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote BrettSeeley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/13/2010 at 10:44am
Hey i actually just saw something at Dicks Sporting goods that is from Burton and was only 15 bucks. You mount 3 on the wall and they swivel andlock in over the edge of your board, Seems legit and is cheap
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/13/2010 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by VTBear

not bad.. although this thread reminds me that my bindings are still on my board.. need to take them off

It's bad to store boards with bindings attached?
Snow Day Colorado

09 Sierra Crew | 10 Sierra Reverse Crew | 10 Sierra Bluebird | 09 Union Force | 10 Burton Triad | 11 Rome 390 | 10 Burton Moto
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/13/2010 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by BrettSeeley

Hey i actually just saw something at Dicks Sporting goods that is from Burton and was only 15 bucks. You mount 3 on the wall and they swivel andlock in over the edge of your board, Seems legit and is cheap

Originally posted by Krazylegz1485

You mean like these...?
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/13/2010 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by Duneluder

How are you guys finding all these perfect studs in your place to screw them into?!

My issue right now is A. not having a stud finder B. Not being confident in my ability to find studs without one a C. no hooks...

Generally studs are 16 O.C.  so I guess if I get a stud finder I could go based on that and do a horizontal wall mounting, 16 inches is pretty narrow for a mounting system isn't it?

Here's a trick, kinda.  There's almost always a stud on each side of a window.  You could generally use them to measure from.

Otherwise, if you have no windows on that specific wall, and this one would probably be a little more guaranteed, look for your electrical outlets.  Every single one is mounted to the side of a stud.  The only thing you need to do is figure out what side of the stud it's on and go from there.  Could probably do so my tapping on the wall on either side really hard with your knuckles, or something similar that won't damage the wall.  The non-stud side will sound hollow, the stud side will not.
Ballistic View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Ballistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/13/2010 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by Superorb

Originally posted by VTBear

It's bad to store boards with bindings attached?

Yes. Just loosen the bindings at seasons end, thats what i do.
Also, loosen or remove your bindings before waxing.
2009 custom x 164/co2.est 2009
2009 fish LTD. 160
2010 Supermodel-X 64/Co2.est 2011
2011 Banana Magic 157/co2 2011
boots: 2010 DC Status/2011 K2 T1DB
panther View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/13/2010 at 5:03pm
there has to be a youtube video on how to find studs...
vicente View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote vicente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/13/2010 at 8:02pm
another solution to the stud issue is getting sheet rock anchors that hold like 90 pounds and don't need a stud.
surgyon View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote surgyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/13/2010 at 8:41pm
you could also buy a Minde Mirror from IKEA for 8 dollars and use the holders for that which are really nice + you get a free mirror
tw0scoops View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote tw0scoops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/14/2010 at 3:21am
Originally posted by panther

there has to be a youtube video on how to find studs...
Home Depot or most hardware stores will have these things called stud finders.  It uses some kinda radar --- it explains them here:

Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/14/2010 at 3:23am
You guys know a stud finder is only $10 at Home Depot or Lowes right?
Snow Day Colorado

09 Sierra Crew | 10 Sierra Reverse Crew | 10 Sierra Bluebird | 09 Union Force | 10 Burton Triad | 11 Rome 390 | 10 Burton Moto
Charb View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Charb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/14/2010 at 3:28am
there has been an earlier post for the same things. look it up.
vicente View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote vicente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/14/2010 at 6:38pm
cheap stud finders don't work that well, plus the other thing isn't just finding the studs it's having them in the right place.
biz_NASTY View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote biz_NASTY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/14/2010 at 6:51pm
You want to know an old indian trick?
Tap on the wall with your knuckle. When the sounds turns from hollow to more solid you've found your stud.

wdi View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote wdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/14/2010 at 7:09pm
I've always just used the 'tapping trick' and it works fine, so....  No point in making it more complicated for something like this.
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/15/2010 at 5:00am
Originally posted by vicente

cheap stud finders don't work that well, plus the other thing isn't just finding the studs it's having them in the right place.

Mine was $8 and works fine. I'd rather know exactly where the stud is vs. tapping on the wall to just get an approximation. But hey, they're not my walls.
Snow Day Colorado

blaireflo View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote blaireflo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/15/2010 at 5:37am
Go broncos!
blaireflo View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote blaireflo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/15/2010 at 6:00am
didnt mean the go broncos for this post! but go broncos anyway haha!

Utility racks are the best! They are way cheap! Go to your local home depot and get some there then attach it to a stud and your good to go! But a nice hole in the wall! oh welll

Stryker View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Stryker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/15/2010 at 6:03am
Originally posted by blaireflo

didnt mean the go broncos for this post! but go broncos anyway haha!

Utility racks are the best! They are way cheap! Go to your local home depot and get some there then attach it to a stud and your good to go! But a nice hole in the wall! oh welll

You can also go to the Container Store if you have one near you and the have the wall mounts with the arms that you can hold your board on.
GOA510 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote GOA510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2010 at 12:39pm
Just came across this mount, $20/pair so not the cheapest, but pretty cool none the less and allows you to mount your board at any angle just about.

http://www.hangtimeusa.com/
kevv View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote kevv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2011 at 11:45pm

Gave a Boarddock set for my nephew's christmas. He was really thrilled with the result! :D (really easy to mount as well)

zionmagus View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
My friend's custom design Forum Mini Youngblood

Quote zionmagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2011 at 1:07am
I ordered from Boarddock on 11/21/10 and I still haven't received mine.  Emailed them three times with no replies.  Got fed up and started a dispute with Paypal and miraculously they answered, emailed me and ask for reconfirm my address.  Then they said they resent me a different order on 12/27/10.  The website says it takes the most 9 days to ship to international buyers.  I told them if it doesn't come by the 9th of January, I'm escalating it to a claim since that's the last day the dispute will open on Paypal.  All this trouble for some mounts to hang my snowboards. 

It seems like everybody else received them easily enough.  I must've been among the unlucky ones.  Their customer service is horrible and there's no way to track your orders.
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2011 at 5:23am
Originally posted by zionmagus

I ordered from Boarddock on 11/21/10 and I still haven't received mine.  Emailed them three times with no replies.  Got fed up and started a dispute with Paypal and miraculously they answered, emailed me and ask for reconfirm my address.  Then they said they resent me a different order on 12/27/10.  The website says it takes the most 9 days to ship to international buyers.  I told them if it doesn't come by the 9th of January, I'm escalating it to a claim since that's the last day the dispute will open on Paypal.  All this trouble for some mounts to hang my snowboards. 

It seems like everybody else received them easily enough.  I must've been among the unlucky ones.  Their customer service is horrible and there's no way to track your orders.

Forget Paypal, most of the time PP won't refund your money as a buyer.

Just call your credit card and file a dispute. If you didn't use your CC, consider this lesson learned and use a credit card from now on.
Snow Day Colorado

zionmagus View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
My friend's custom design Forum Mini Youngblood

Quote zionmagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2011 at 5:58am

Just call your credit card and file a dispute. If you didn't use your CC, consider this lesson learned and use a credit card from now on.

Really?  Didn't know that.  This is my first time disputing in Paypal, so we'll see how that goes.  I always use credit cards so if the worst comes, then I'll call and dispute.
Biggspeed View Drop Down
Local
Local
JMB

Quote Biggspeed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2011 at 6:19am
I got mine from hang time(www.hangtimeusa.com). Always have it on the wall during the off season. Plan to get some more too as my stable gets bigger. Big smile

bmorse View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote bmorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2011 at 8:38am

I went with the rixon wall mounts.  Very low profile, easy to install.  They took a little while to ship, but other than that, they are awesome.  I mounted two of my older boards in my sons room and they've been up for over a year with no problems.  I'd highly recommend them.

weas View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote weas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/12/2011 at 1:29pm
I just bought those Rixon Boardrocks, free shipping to the US this week, just so you know! ;)
kevv View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote kevv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2011 at 8:46am
My Board mounted with Boarddock (Rixon)
Nice system! Really fast service as well!
I recommend this system to everyone
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2011 at 9:22am
I finally got around to mounting my rixon mounts and with 40% refund on it because they sent me the wrong color, it wasn't so bad.  We mounted up 7 boards total and still have a few mounts to spare.  It was easy installation and you twist one of the mount to lock your board in and out.  Although one of the mount did pop out because the anchor wasn't holding so the Sierra RC fell down 4 feet straight on its tail edge right on hard tile but still no ding on the board and we had to use a different anchor to make sure it doesn't fall down again. 

Eh, pictures won't upload.
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2011 at 9:26am

Really?  Didn't know that.  This is my first time disputing in Paypal, so we'll see how that goes.  I always use credit cards so if the worst comes, then I'll call and dispute.

Yeah, Paypal can only retrieve money from the seller if the seller has paypal funds but if the seller has no paypal funds then even if you win, you'll get back nothing because the seller has no funds to take.  You should always use your credit card via paypal and document everything because you would have to send in that proof to your credit card company to investigate. 

It took me awhile to get my rixon mounts too so I did email them as well and didn't really hear anything, but the mounts finally came but they were the wrong color!  So I emailed them and they were cool enough to refund me 40%.
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
bup View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote bup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2011 at 10:32pm
Hi,
Bought me some Boarddocks.
Amazing system! Very fast shipping as well.
Here is the result:

skaufman View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
size doesnt matter its how you use it

Quote skaufman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2011 at 5:52pm
so i recently got these brackets from home depot and they are very similar to the ladder L brackets but they dont have a huge rake on them. the smallest ladder bracket that i saw was 6 inches which i think puts too much of a pitch on the board if ur hanging it in ur room for show. the ones i got have a 3 inch rake and i think its the perfect setup.
skaufman View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
size doesnt matter its how you use it

Quote skaufman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2011 at 5:53pm
also Krazylegs... what do those burton brackets run?
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2011 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by skaufman

so i recently got these brackets from home depot and they are very similar to the ladder L brackets but they dont have a huge rake on them. the smallest ladder bracket that i saw was 6 inches which i think puts too much of a pitch on the board if ur hanging it in ur room for show. the ones i got have a 3 inch rake and i think its the perfect setup.

Can you post up some pics of the brackets and of the board installed using the brackets?
Snow Day Colorado

zabisket View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zabisket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/17/2011 at 6:19am

that should answer your question...
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/17/2011 at 7:03am
Originally posted by zabisket

that should answer your question...

Hahahaha, people are so damn lazy, I just want to slap that LMGTFY website in their faces every time someone expects to be spoon fed.
Snow Day Colorado

wpiass View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote wpiass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/17/2011 at 7:06am
dude, just get the $5 big (typically red) hooks from like big lots or something like that.
be talkin to ya
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/17/2011 at 7:17am
Originally posted by wpiass

dude, just get the $5 big (typically red) hooks from like big lots or something like that.

That's fine for the garage or storage, but it looks like crap inside the house.
Snow Day Colorado

rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/17/2011 at 7:45am
^^+1, you cant really use those since you want a sleak and nice look, not like something was just put on and cheaped out
oddman View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote oddman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/18/2011 at 7:56am
nylon rollers  and a couple of screws.....

It really takes nothing more than that.  Tops out @$5.00 if you include gas.

I have yet to have a board fall down.  just type 'nylon "  into homedepot or mooch around the hardware dept in a DIY store
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/18/2011 at 8:37am
Originally posted by oddman

nylon rollers  and a couple of screws.....

It really takes nothing more than that.  Tops out @$5.00 if you include gas.

I have yet to have a board fall down.  just type 'nylon "  into homedepot or mooch around the hardware dept in a DIY store

Have you actually tried searching homedepot.com for "nylon"? It returns 922 results... Even "nylon roller" returns 271 results. Can you narrow it down a bit?
Snow Day Colorado

wpiass View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote wpiass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/18/2011 at 8:46am

Originally posted by wpiass

That's fine for the garage or storage, but it looks like crap inside the house.

maybe you didn't do it tastefully. Tongue  i did say to use the ones with the nice colored covers...accent hooks?!? Wink
be talkin to ya
DCC View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote DCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/18/2011 at 9:06am
got my hooks at home depot for like $3 each.  they did the job well, they were shaped like this:

|
|
|_____/

Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/18/2011 at 11:46am
I know someone has to sell mounts/hooks so that the board leans away from the wall so you can see the topsheet design from below.
Snow Day Colorado

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>