Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <123

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
katy View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.
Pow

Online Status: Offline
  Quote katy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Snowboard Wall Mount / Display
    Posted: Oct/29/2011 at 5:17am
Sorry for the bumping . But I'm so proud that I (a girl with two left hands) managed to mount my boarddock! It is really well explained and the shipping from Europe to Canada took only 4 days!   
So to all the left handed girls check out rixontm.com
kevv View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote kevv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2011 at 9:39am
That looks really coooool! I'm also going to try the boarddocks out! But first looking for some friends for the extra free boarddock if you order 3. Anyone interested?
Thank for the tip Katy!
kevv View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote kevv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2011 at 3:50am
I receveid mine a while ago!
It looks so cool, I love boarddocks
Costell14 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Costell14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2011 at 4:52am
So my friend actually made a business for this. He can put a picture of you with your board (on a hill, doing a trick, standing like a jagaloon, etc.) and place a mount. Anyone interested should check out
(http://starstands.com/) He's just starting out and would be willing to do just about anything to get a sale.

Ohh, and he has a patent, so no stealing
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2011 at 5:14am
Originally posted by Costell14

So my friend actually made a business for this. He can put a picture of you with your board (on a hill, doing a trick, standing like a jagaloon, etc.) and place a mount. Anyone interested should check out
(http://starstands.com/) He's just starting out and would be willing to do just about anything to get a sale.

He has a great idea/product, but the website is terrible. So many blinking and changing things everywhere. He didn't pay someone to design the website did he?
Snow Day Colorado

09 Sierra Crew | 10 Sierra Reverse Crew | 10 Sierra Bluebird | 09 Union Force | 10 Burton Triad | 11 Rome 390 | 10 Burton Moto
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2011 at 7:56pm
I know this thread is for displaying and wall mount but i was considering this as a option as well,is there anyone feeling nostalgic like me? ..ever thought using one of these for a snowboard storage locker I think it looks awesome for a mancave or just to hold a nice amount of space for your board collection
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2011 at 8:05pm
^^ Just don't put wet boards in the metal lockers.
Snow Day Colorado

09 Sierra Crew | 10 Sierra Reverse Crew | 10 Sierra Bluebird | 09 Union Force | 10 Burton Triad | 11 Rome 390 | 10 Burton Moto
AyChan87 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Snowboarding

Quote AyChan87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2011 at 8:07pm
ahh the rust potential scares me! from mancave to rust and mold cave..
Sdlandon View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Sdlandon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2011 at 8:37pm
I need to get some of these! any recommendations?

bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2011 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by AyChan87

ahh the rust potential scares me! from mancave to rust and mold cave..

of course the boards won't have bindings on it and fully dry in a plastic board sleeve...so no mold and rust
azngolfur View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote azngolfur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2011 at 6:44am
I've heard that it's bad to store a snowboard horizontally (like just laying it down on the ground) because it can mess with the camber over time... any truth to this?

Only asking because a lot of these racks just have the boards straight horizontally...
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2011 at 7:06am
Originally posted by azngolfur

I've heard that it's bad to store a snowboard horizontally (like just laying it down on the ground) because it can mess with the camber over time... any truth to this?

Only asking because a lot of these racks just have the boards straight horizontally...

You heard wrong.
Snow Day Colorado

azngolfur View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote azngolfur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2011 at 7:47am
Originally posted by Superorb

You heard wrong.

Cool. I store mine under my bed flat...

Someone sent me this http://www.rixontm.com/eng/camber/ so I was worried, but I figure if my board can handle my 190 lbs it can handle laying there by itself.. heh
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2011 at 7:53am
Originally posted by Costell14

Ok, these things are AWESOME!  I kind of want an astronaut to hold my guitar, but I'll have to think of some way to make a snowboard look cool...  Let us know when he gets some snowboard samples.
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
katy View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.
Pow

Quote katy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2011 at 11:57pm
@ Sdlandon

I ordered those boarddock thingies and I really would recommend them... easy, not expensive and they do their work, it's actually very beatiful ;-)
They have this 3+1 action http://www.rixontm.com/eng/bestel/ so ideal christmas gift.

mrkrumhausen View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote mrkrumhausen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2012 at 1:38am
Hey guys,

My friend and I have designed our own snowboard wall mount. We just started selling it at www.plexiware.com. The wall mount is made of high quality acrylic glass and is manufactured in a German workshop. We think that the end result is really cool and we hope that you guys will enjoy it as much as we do!

Have a good one
Seb
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2012 at 8:50am
1st post is an ad...Ouch
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2012 at 8:54am
Originally posted by lightning80

1st post is an ad...Ouch

That's usually how it is, someone new always comes in advertising their business which just happens to be related to the topic, but of course it is your choice to buy into it or not.
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/19/2012 at 11:06am
Bring back this thread because I just did this today with Rubbermaid FastTrack Multi-Purpose hooks in the garage. I already had the base bar for the lawn tools from a couple years ago. I just got more hooks and used the same bar for the snowboards. I also hung boots on the hook, then gloves on the boots. The bindings also serve as a shelf for helmets.

Witty1 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Witty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/19/2012 at 12:00pm
that board on the right looks pretty sweet!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/19/2012 at 12:05pm
^ it sure is Tongue
thisisjoebro View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote thisisjoebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/19/2012 at 12:59pm
mtn dew snowboard? im guessing a colab? what brand?
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/19/2012 at 1:21pm
Somewhere in this thread (or one like it) a guy used those little semi circle door stoppers you see in schools and such mounted vertically to hold boards.  I've been looking everywhere for those and can't find any. 
Any other ideas that look classy?  Or where to get them?  I'm looking to hang retired boards as artwork in my man cave.

Not to say a hedge trimmer isn't classy of course. Big smile
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
snowboardinrox357 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowboardinrox357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/19/2012 at 6:52pm
I think maybe you could use some wall bike mounts to mount your snowboard.
Lux View Drop Down
Local
Local
Two-hand tail block

Quote Lux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/19/2012 at 7:12pm
Definitely going to Rona tomorrow to makeshift my own hangers for the wall. My home is mostly tile so I can't just lean them against the wall anymore until they slide out and scratch my shit up. Might need a stud detector too..
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/19/2012 at 7:55pm
I still don't know if I like the flat on the wall mounting better. Or the horizontal, like shelves mounting.

I like being able to see the entire graphics of the board when it is flat on the wall. But I guess when you have more than a few, its not as practcal.
| | | bryman | | | View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/20/2012 at 5:24am
Seems like whatever I do my crap ends up spread out all over my garage and house and what not

Boards

-b
get bent
Witty1 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Witty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/20/2012 at 11:07am
Holy crimeney! You've got alot of boards!
| | | bryman | | | View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/20/2012 at 11:22am
Yeah well at least half belong my wife . . . although we do have some new ones that weren't around for this picture!  Remember witt, that splitter in the middle with the stickers has your name all over it

-b
get bent
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/20/2012 at 12:25pm
Dayum! Over 13 boards!.. Time to add some more shelves. Maybe a couple over the window?

Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/20/2012 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by chillwill

Dayum! Over 13 boards!.. Time to add some more shelves. Maybe a couple over the window?

I count 14, 1 more if there's a board in the box behind the boards next to the window standing up.
Snow Day Colorado

snowboardinrox357 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowboardinrox357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/20/2012 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by Superorb

Originally posted by chillwill

I count 14, 1 more if there's a board in the box behind the boards next to the window standing up.

Whoa! That's a lot of boards! Yeah, I think you should put some boards over the window.
LittleShooey View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LittleShooey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/20/2012 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by snowboardinrox357

Whoa! That's a lot of boards! Yeah, I think you should put some boards over the window.

You're a bloody genius. 

My roommate was looking for a wall mount on the fly, so we came up with using some small, square-edged mirror mounts. They came in a four pack for less than two dollars. The two bottom ones are fastened in place and one top one is adjustable, so the board is sturdy as well as easily removable. Added some rubber tape to protect the edge and boom. Lookin' sharp.

Senior TS dinosaur drawer-er.
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/20/2012 at 5:20pm
^^ Brilliant! I was looking at the mirror a few weeks ago and thought of using them for a board but forgot once I left the bathroom.
Snow Day Colorado

peakrider View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote peakrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2012 at 11:14am
If you are looking for something even more minimalistic you should check out this snowboard new wall mount that me and my friend designed. Check it out at www.plexiware.com. We think the end result is quite cool so we wanted to offer it to others as well. The wall mount made of high quality acrylic glass and is manufactured in a German workshop.

Have a good one
Seb

Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2012 at 11:23am
Originally posted by thisisjoebro

mtn dew snowboard? im guessing a colab? what brand?

it's a special edition burton operator made just for mountain dew with a "green label" topsheet. they were not sold in stores.
Dukester View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Dukester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2012 at 5:24pm
Picked up some rubber coated ladder hooks and screwed them into the studs

Cooperla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Cooperla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2012 at 6:48pm
I just put shelves in the garage for my boards today. I only have two (plus my wife's board) so it' not as impressive as Bryman's set up. Plus I bring my boards inside for the summer because I worry about them warping in the heat in the garage. All the plastic stuff out there gets brittle from the heat stress!
nosh View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote nosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2013 at 11:42am
Sorry for bumping, but did any of you guys check on these wall hangers? Like them

http://plexiware.com/en/board-wall-mount.html

Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2013 at 11:44am
Originally posted by nosh

Sorry for bumping, but did any of you guys check on these wall hangers? Like them

http://plexiware.com/en/board-wall-mount.html

Not bad, but they are EXPENSIVE. I could build something similar out of painted wood for $10 though.
Snow Day Colorado

2zz View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote 2zz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2013 at 2:42pm

8 cabinet knobs and a long strip of door molding.
I could have made it nicer but is good enough. I forgot about the polish. Was too excited to put them up.
11 Rome Artifact Rocker 147 / 12 Signal Vita Rocker 147 / 11 Ride Canvas 144 / 13 Union Rosa
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2013 at 3:34pm
Do you unscrew the knobs to get them down?
Snow Day Colorado

Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2013 at 10:27am
Pretty sure the concept is the same as other mounts, just lift up the boards straight up and twist to the side to remove the board.
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2013 at 2:43pm
I still can't get the photo of my wall to upload.  I'm using those decorative "hooks" that are made to hold back big curtains.  I think they are actually called "curtain hangers."  I know, right?

I'll keep trying to get that photo to upload in the near future.

Anyhoo... 2zz, that is a real nice setup! Thumbs Up
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/01/2013 at 2:32pm
Just upload the pic elsewhere and post the link.
keljai View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote keljai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/01/2013 at 4:04pm
just upload the pict, post the link then we can do it on here for you. 
for fantastic outdoor deals, checkout:
https://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/KelvinChung
2zz View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote 2zz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/01/2013 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by superorb

Do you unscrew the knobs to get them down?

I had the knobs at the widest part of the boards so it pretty much slides in and out with a little tug and wiggle.

Originally posted by JDiggidy

Anyhoo... 2zz, that is a real nice setup!

Thanks.
11 Rome Artifact Rocker 147 / 12 Signal Vita Rocker 147 / 11 Ride Canvas 144 / 13 Union Rosa
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123