Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 1213141516>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Online Status: Offline
  Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Post your Photography
    Posted: Mar/31/2013 at 9:59pm
ichiban, wow, those long exposures look awesome!  Very sharp, great composition and colours!

xxblondiee, sweet ollie... you're hot! Wink LOL
Check out my channel & SUBSCRIBE! www.youtube.com/fj5
ichiban View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ichiban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2013 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by fj5

ichiban, wow, those long exposures look awesome!  Very sharp, great composition and colours!

xxblondiee, sweet ollie... you're hot! Wink LOL

Thanks fj5, your wedding work looks great!
koji3 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote koji3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/09/2013 at 7:09pm
Did a shoot with my friends at the location of the next wedding i'm shooting at. Beautiful place. 

If only Queensland had snow...
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/12/2013 at 8:15pm

koji3 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote koji3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/14/2013 at 3:41pm

Loving the 5D Miii. Don't have a dedicated wide angle lens for it yet thou. Cry
Snapped with the Tamron 24-70 VC F2.8 (awesome lens).
NikolaSpee View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote NikolaSpee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/15/2013 at 2:35am
minolta xg1 & rokkor-x 135mm f2.8
SwarleyAUS View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote SwarleyAUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/15/2013 at 10:57pm
Hey guys, I'm new... Got some photos from season 2012, here in Aus at Falls Creek on my Flickr (amongst other stuff). Hopefully will add more late July from my season 2013!
koji3 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote koji3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/15/2013 at 11:02pm
Nice photos man.
You take your dslr out to the snow or a point and shoot?

Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote SwarleyAUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/16/2013 at 12:34am
Sweet, thanks! =) DSLR, Nikon D300. Just bought a 70-200 f2.8 the other week so I can't wait to use that up there too this season along with a Drift HD Ghost headcam I bought!
koji3 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote koji3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/16/2013 at 10:50pm
Hows the Drift HD? I hear pretty good raves about it but it seems to get drowned in the Gopro hype. 
First time heading to the snow with a DSLR for me so that should be fun. Got my fisheye, wide and 50mm ready for it on the 550D. Not up to taking my Brand new 5D Miii.
how do you go about carrying it around the snow fields? 
Protective bag then throw it in a locker when you're not using it? 

Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote SwarleyAUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2013 at 12:37am
Only tested it briefly on my MTB really. Only really have made sure I've come to grips with its operation for the ski season. I'm reserving all judgement until I hit the slopes because that's what it will mainly be for. I also say this because you need a lot of light with these cameras for them to perform at their best and up the snow this will certainly be the case - unlike the overcast, low-contrast days down here.

I bought it for the screen, tripod mount, remote, loop recording function, streamlined design and because I like being different! I will say that I know thusfar I will want to do some sharpness/contrast adjustments in post to get the video to where I want it. According to Pete on A Rider's Life on Youtube, the Hero 3 still outdoes the Ghost in video quality.

Haha battle damage = character! Very nice, looking to dip my toes in FF water with a D600 next year before I go to Europe. Until now, up the snow, I've just been shooting with a Sigma 10-20 and Nikon 35 f1.8. So stoked at how shallow DOF I can get even on my crop D300 with my new 70-200 though! Cannot wait to test it out on some action sports!

I usually just pick a day whilst up there to take all my gear - in my camera backpack, a Vanguard Uprise 45 - to the slopes and if I get bored take it back to the lodge at lunchtime.
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2013 at 8:04am
So, I'm looking to buy a DSLR for my baby sis' graduation gift but I'm not sure what to get.  I only know that the Canon 5D is like the holy grail of cameras.  LOL  But I don't think she needs anything that fancy yet...
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote SwarleyAUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2013 at 7:02pm
If she's into photography, do you know what she likes to shoot? That and a budget will really knock the options down. Full Frame is great, but - particularly for the Canon's - you then need to buy the more expensive, L (Luxury) grade lenses.
koji3 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote koji3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2013 at 10:22pm
Drift HD has better low light performance then the Hero2 from all i remember. All of the sports cameras lack contrast until post i reckon. 

Get a Canon 600/650D Cheap starter camera but has heaps of potential. And just get the 50 F1.8 great lens for only $100. Can't say much about Nikon but i love my canon gear. 
Full frame is great. Won't regret buying the 5DMiii although it costs (me) an arm and a leg LOL
I would of moved to nikon just for the D600 if i didn't have so many canon mount lenses So much cheaper then the 5D and competes stat wise... damn it!

Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote SwarleyAUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2013 at 10:54pm
Yeah I'd say just don't bother with anything less than the XXXD (eg 600D/650D) series (not sure about the whole 'Rebel' naming convention over there), or anything higher than the XXD (eg 60D) series (unless she knows she wants FF and you can score a cheap 5D2). Nikon D5200 is the other choice. If she wanted to shoot sports then the new D7100 is the way to go.

Haha ok, well I'd hardly even call the Ghost's low light performance average!

I started on a D3100 and knew within a year I needed to upgrade. Got a second hand D300. Next will be FF D600 because I want wide, sharp shots and better low light performance. I would go for a D800 *drool* if it weren't so pricey. I'm not sure I'd switch from Canon to Nikon for a D600... AF, video and controls are kinda lacking compared to the 5D's! =/

I was contemplating 40D + 70-200 f2.8 IS before I got my D300 haha - so many tele zoom options from Canon! ;D
koji3 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote koji3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2013 at 11:14pm
rebel is the beginner range. I wouldn't bother with the all new 100 and 700D's just fancy 60D's really... more money involved for stupid features. 
You can get second hand 7D's for around $800 which is an awesome camera. 

Haha, at the time i was saving i should of said. The price was just so darn good! But i'm glad i saved up to the 5D. so so so so so so good. 

70-200 F2.8 IS II is on my WANT Need list after my 16-70 and samyang 35mm 1.4LOL
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote SwarleyAUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2013 at 11:21pm
The 7D, while more professionally oriented and probably a bit daunting for a beginner is probably still the best of the prosumer bunch of cameras on the market.

Yeah it seems pretty sick. I even like how it looks despite being a Nikon fanboy xD

Pretty happy with the IQ of my Sigma in the end... was looking for the right 70-200 for 2 years. Nearly bought the new Tamron but it had some problems @200mm. Not interested in the Sigma 35 1.4?
koji3 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote koji3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2013 at 11:29pm
The new Art series? Thought about it and considering it. The samyangs 35mm has a buttery smooth focus thou (considering moving to video here and there. Image quality matching the canon L 35. pretty decent for $500. Sigmas is around $900 right? 
I'll have to test it in person when i have enough money for it. 

Bought the 85 samyang and happy with it, apart from the horrible chromatic aberrations its awesome~~~~

Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote SwarleyAUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2013 at 12:08am
Yeah and yeah, but it smashes even the Zeiss 35. Yeah I want to get into some film-making, hence the D600 again. I'd be surprised if it didn't have damped focusing, my 10-20 does. Smoother than silk.

Can't just go to Michaels or Teds in Brissy and test a copy out?

Yeah I've seen that to be the case for the Bower/Samyang/Rokinon lenses in some film-makers' YouTube reviews.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2013 at 10:34am
Thanks for the recommendations, I'll probably pick a Canon for her since all my friends had Canon ones so she knows a little how to use it.  Probably willing to pay up to 2k on it for the camera and lens.  Ability to take clear action shots would be nice.  I'm not a fan of having to upgrade soon after so something intermediate would be best.  
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2013 at 9:08am
Is there a difference between the 60D and 600D or are they basically the same thing?  
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote SwarleyAUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2013 at 5:35pm
The 60D is slightly above the 600D (and 650D). They're both getting on a bit in some regards (and have the same sensor and processor as one-another) but the 60D still has good features/functions and controls. Burst shooting is a bit faster, the optical viewfinder will be better, brighter, it has a larger battery for more shots on a single charge and is weather-sealed to some degree. Because they have the same sensor and processor, image quality will be similar.

http://www.dpreview.com/products/compare/side-by-side?products=canon_eos600d&products=canon_eos60d
K2 Darkstar | LibTech MC Kink | Burton Mission, Moto, Grill | Smith I/O, Gage | Drift HD Ghost
koji3 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote koji3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2013 at 10:22pm
Yer i live right across from Digitalcamerawarehouse in brisbane and test lots of lenses there. Everyone there raves about the 35 sigma so i might have to give it a go closer to date. 

60D is a better camera for sure, well worth the money but i see it more as a great dslr video camera. photography wise the 60D is still better but with only a few differences. 
If you are wanting to go sports photography as a main, the 7D will not disappoint. Pro sports photographers still use it as there Crop sensor backup. It has ridiculous FPS and has all the sweet features, built like a tank and has weather sealing (only works will weather sealed lenese thou) while not much else does. Its around $1000 so that would leave you with $1000 to spend on a lens. Could get the canon 70-200 F4 non-IS. good overall lens but lack of IS (image stabilisation) sucks. or get yourself a few small kit lenses.

You could also opt to buy the cheaper 60D or 650/600D and get more lenses. As a general rule, better glass/lenses = better images, not the better body. 

Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2013 at 10:17am
Thanks for the tips, I'll keep it in consideration!  But I think I'm leaning towards the 7D and hopefully to find it cheap on sale during Black Friday or something.  LOL
koji3 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote koji3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2013 at 10:27pm

Bit of black and white, 50mm only street photography on the weekend. Good practice for reaction times LOL
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2013 at 8:44am
Is it just me or do you not see a picture posted too?  Shocked  I even hit refresh.  LOLLOL
adeodadus View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Undaunted

Quote adeodadus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2013 at 11:12am
What do you guys take when you travel (lenses) ?
Fear is the Mind Killer
koji3 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote koji3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2013 at 10:04pm
Was that at me angry?

I travel light. 550D with a wide 10-22 and 50 1.8. Lenses and camera that I don't mind too much about. :) I don't really use long focal length lenses. That way I don't have to take a separate camera bag and just fit it snug in my clothing.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/27/2013 at 8:58am
@Koji Yeah, I still don't see a picture there, just a big empty space.  LOL
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/27/2013 at 9:02am
I can see your pics koji. Blk n white immigration protest pic? And a street performer with guitar. Midge, when I'm on My computer at work, a lot of pics don't show.
Shop smart... Shop S-Mart.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/27/2013 at 9:35am
I'm on my personal computer though.  Weird, maybe I'm missing some kind of plug in driver?   LOL
koji3 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote koji3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2013 at 12:21pm
Hmm that's strange... Loads on my computer and phone, chrome and safari, logged on or not.
I do copy them from my Facebook URL so that may be the issue?
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote SwarleyAUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2013 at 5:29pm
Yeah I would expect it's to do with Facebook, if you don't have an account or one signed in, that could prevent them from being shown. Or it could be region locked or something.
K2 Darkstar | LibTech MC Kink | Burton Mission, Moto, Grill | Smith I/O, Gage | Drift HD Ghost
ichiban View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ichiban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/29/2013 at 1:26am
Just got back from Jamaica and wanted to share...

coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/29/2013 at 4:28am
l really like your beach photo. too bad my resort in puerto plata didn't look like that
koji3 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote koji3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/29/2013 at 10:55pm
Love the night shot. Looks so awesome. 
With your underwater pics do you have one of those expensive waterproof cases or the cheaper bags?  
SGT712 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote SGT712 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2013 at 4:24am
Shot all these with my Canon T3i and Sigma 17-50mm 2.8 lens from my recent trip to Arizona and Utah.

Quiver: GNU Park Pickle 156
Stance: 15/-9, 24"
Witty1 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Witty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2013 at 10:41am
Jealous!
Always wanted to go see slot canyons.
How were the temps out there when you went?
SGT712 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote SGT712 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2013 at 1:35pm
It's one of the most amazing sights I've ever seen.  It's like a whole other world down there.  I went last month and temps were in the high 80's, low 90's under the sun but it was nice and cool in the canyon.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2013 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by SwarleyAUS

Yeah I would expect it's to do with Facebook, if you don't have an account or one signed in, that could prevent them from being shown. Or it could be region locked or something.

But I tried logging into FB to see if that would work as well but nope, oh well.  

Is that the crazy canyon where you have to get reservations to go see but even then it's super hard to get?
SGT712 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote SGT712 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2013 at 4:15pm
It's Antelope Canyon - there's the upper and lower canyons and the only way to see them is with a tour guide.  It's not difficult to get a reservation but the groups can get pretty large.  The company I went with had an option for a photographer's pass which allows you to roam around on your own for an extra hour but an SLR and tripod are required.
koji3 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote koji3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2013 at 9:06pm
I always love love love love seeing those canyons being photographed! So amazing! 
On my bucket list for when/if ever i go to america!

@Angry, Bugger. If you really want to check it out its on both 500px and my facebook. Both open to public. 

http://www.facebook.com/takuto.koji.7

http://500px.com/TakutoKoji
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2013 at 10:06am
@SGT Okay, I was thinking it was this one canyon that only lets in like 20 people a year so the reservation list for that is super long, but Antelope Canyon looks super impressive nonetheless.

@Koji Wow, nice pictures!  You're so pro!  
ichiban View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ichiban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/02/2013 at 10:08am
Originally posted by koji3

Love the night shot. Looks so awesome. 
With your underwater pics do you have one of those expensive waterproof cases or the cheaper bags?  

i had a waterproof/shockproof/freezeproof point and shoot...the Panasonic TS2...it was a great camera! i say was cause it broke on the trip...it says waterproof up to 33 feet...i thought it was a conservative depth...so took it down to about 45-50ft...and water got in, so it officially dead haha
koji3 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote koji3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/04/2013 at 8:33pm
That's pretty awesome quality for a point and shoot. But as they say, its not the camera but the person behind it. 

Thanks angry, Smile but i'm no where near pro. I know i'm getting better then when i first started but no where near happy in the quality/editing of my photos. Its just no where near the quality of the pros I follow. I can't figure it out, haha.
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote SwarleyAUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/04/2013 at 10:02pm
Lots of contrast and upping the blacks, at least for B&W photos more so, thats the key!
koji3 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote koji3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/04/2013 at 10:46pm
Yer, agree there but i like doing portrait. They always turn out, eh...
If i could get photos like FJ, i'd be more then happyLOL
koji3 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote koji3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/12/2013 at 2:56pm

Photographed a wedding for some friends yesterday. Went much better then the first one i have to say. Smile
Now i have to edit them all thou... 
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote SwarleyAUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2013 at 7:56pm
Making a quick snow edit atm with my Ghost footage then I'll upload to Youtube. Overall very satisfied with the detail, contrast, dynamic range (during the day) and auto exposure control.
SGT712 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote SGT712 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2013 at 8:05pm
Took this from my balcony during sunset.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516>