Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Member Points Clarifications 1/5/09
    Posted: Jan/07/2009 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by fostpaint

Originally posted by BRUIZZA

Thank GOD you guys finally changed some things.  It got old quick when the first 10 threads in the boardroom were all mindless game threads.  There are plenty of ways to earn points that don't involve games/one word posts.
While I'm certainly glad for the change, and hope it cuts down on the stupid crap posting, I actually enjoy some of the "mindless" games (specifically word association)-- and not because of the points system. Maybe I'm in the minority, though....

you're not in the minority, trust me. I play all those games too. I could care less if Sierra gave sh!t away for free because of points or not, have you seen my quiver? I just like whoring it up and want to overtake NuX's 2. The games are fun especially to pass time. Sierra Community is the best one on the internet, nuff said.
JeffSoSavvy View Drop Down
Love to Hate, and Hate to Love

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/07/2009 at 7:55pm
my thing is people left and right were getting 1000 posts and never really interacted with people. When the boards first started out 1000 was hard to come by, but yet we still knew each other. Not to take anything away from you AA or other people, but it gets annoying when you see someone reach the G club who you have no idea was in less that a day or 2. I know people said it was not take advantage of the points system and what not. But still if you have people posting mindlessly and reviewing 100 items with 3 word, you can see where people then are coming from when it comes to how people started to act as of late

Just my thoughts and 2 cents, no way am I accusing people of foul play or trying to offend anyone.
The Showstopper, The Headliner, The Main Event, The ICON!
ANGRY AGENT View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/07/2009 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by JeffSoSavvy

my thing is people left and right were getting 1000 posts and never really interacted with people. When the boards first started out 1000 was hard to come by, but yet we still knew each other. Not to take anything away from you AA or other people, but it gets annoying when you see someone reach the G club who you have no idea was in less that a day or 2. I know people said it was not take advantage of the points system and what not. But still if you have people posting mindlessly and reviewing 100 items with 3 word, you can see where people then are coming from when it comes to how people started to act as of lateJust my thoughts and 2 cents, no way am I accusing people of foul play or trying to offend anyone.

No offense taken in anyway at all Jeff. I also don't believe that was directed at me anyways though    I have built many relationships with people here at Sierra and spent many hours posting and talking to people about many things. I love this place and wish there were more sites that would model theirs after Sierra's, but that is simply not gonna happen. I also started slowly then came on like the winning horse charging the finish line. I too am annoyed sometimes by the mindless posts in threads that really mean something. People talking out of their ass about stuff they know nothing about, it blows and makes me want to flame it up, so I can see where many people were coming from no doubt. But an internet forum is what it is and I don't think there's anything wrong with being a post whore as long as you keep it in context. I am here because I want to be here when I'm not riding or chillin with my kids. I choose Sierra before a lot of other things because of you guys, "The Community". I laugh my ass off at least 2 or 3 times a day after reading some of the sh!t that guys like Shaka, Bruizza, Phatman, Sinixstar, Kimchi, Yourself and many of the core group of guys (I know there's that foul word core!) post in here. Sierra brings a smile to my face and that is why I'm drawn back day after day.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/07/2009 at 9:13pm
darn I was hoping you would be offended LOL 
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/07/2009 at 9:15pm
I am but was trying to throw off the scent until I see you

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/07/2009 at 9:21pm
LOL I'll be sure to care my bat when I see you then 
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/07/2009 at 9:52pm
OUCH! I just want to be friends
gsrrr View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
shred ze gnar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/07/2009 at 10:25pm
post whores. im gona deduct your points.

im jk i dont have the power to.

but anyways. with anything new, there are always changes that needs to be done. im glad sierra is doing what they can do try to keep things under control.  there will always be people who will try to take advantage of a good thing and mess it up for everyone else.  ive been around for a while but havent posted much lately after the increase in membership.  with the large flow of new members, you will always find a few not so good ones.  many useless threads, and reviews. i just dont feel like posting much.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/07/2009 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by ANGRY AGENT

OUCH! I just want to be friends

what I was hoping we could all play some baseball LOL

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/07/2009 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by gsrrr

post whores. im gona deduct your points.

im jk i dont have the power to.

don't use your strong arm tactics against us! I'm on to you gsrrr.... I have eyes and ears everywhere!
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/07/2009 at 10:33pm
watch out he'll pull out his bat on you GSRR
NickinChicago View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Halloween

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2009 at 7:02am
Originally posted by ANGRY AGENT

No offense taken in anyway at all Jeff. I also don't believe that was directed at me anyways though    I have built many relationships with people here at Sierra and spent many hours posting and talking to people about many things. I love this place and wish there were more sites that would model theirs after Sierra's, but that is simply not gonna happen. I also started slowly then came on like the winning horse charging the finish line. I too am annoyed sometimes by the mindless posts in threads that really mean something. People talking out of their ass about stuff they know nothing about, it blows and makes me want to flame it up, so I can see where many people were coming from no doubt. But an internet forum is what it is and I don't think there's anything wrong with being a post whore as long as you keep it in context. I am here because I want to be here when I'm not riding or chillin with my kids. I choose Sierra before a lot of other things because of you guys, "The Community". I laugh my ass off at least 2 or 3 times a day after reading some of the sh!t that guys like Shaka, Bruizza, Phatman, Sinixstar, Kimchi, Yourself and many of the core group of guys (I know there's that foul word core!) post in here. Sierra brings a smile to my face and that is why I'm drawn back day after day.

Damn Angry for a second there I was about to offer you some tissues. Thought there might be a few tears dripping down as you wrote that. LOL
noelle.lynne View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Northstar Superpipe (before it was opened)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2009 at 7:21am
sweet I like the review rule because I have read a few pointless reviews
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2009 at 9:17am
Now if they could just fix the search function so we don't end up with 5 of the same thread all the time.  Yes AA the thread police are back in action!!!!  LOL
www.chargeharder.com
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2009 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by BRUIZZA

Now if they could just fix the search function so we don't end up with 5 of the same thread all the time.  Yes AA the thread police are back in action!!!!  LOL
I think the stooly just sang
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2009 at 5:55pm
Aww I missed u so much Angry.
www.chargeharder.com
GotSnow? View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2009 at 6:33pm
so we get point for purchases as well ??
and what about the log-in think with getting points ?
How does that Work ?
shhhh.... i'm evolving....
Instructor
Instructor
Halloween

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2009 at 8:02pm
Zoe who are you talking to?
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2009 at 8:08pm
I think it's me Nick
Instructor
Instructor
Halloween

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2009 at 8:16pm
Oh I see. Don't sweat it, thats just the Canadian in her talking.
dirtysouth View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
cuban in costa rica

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2009 at 8:04am
I don't mind pointless posts but one word posts do get annoying, pointless threads are a totally different issue...hate em.  One word reviews or pointless reviews are the worst.  These people should be shot with a water gun when its really really cold outside.
Instructor
Instructor
cuban in costa rica

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2009 at 8:12am
Originally posted by NickinChicago

I think she was talking about GotSnow?  not AA
lineears View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
booyA!!!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2009 at 8:47am
Originally posted by dirtysouth

I think AA was trying to give GotSnow some slack and took the blame.... pretty sure about that too dirty. so why u gotta bust someone else nuts now..u just wasted one of aa's effort in trying to be nice for a change Smile
Go Canucks!
lineears View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
booyA!!!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2009 at 8:53am
There's just one other thing maybe you guys can watch out for. Not sure if anyone noticed or anything but the email invites (e-mailing products to friends) also give points and thats one thing that we can't really keep on the look out for b/c on our membership page, we can only see the last 5 things that we actually got a point for.  someone can just be mass e-mailing items to random people or to junk accounts just to accumlate points since there's no limit on it.
Go Canucks!
dlaw View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2009 at 9:05am
Originally posted by lineears

There's just one other thing maybe you guys can watch out for. Not sure if anyone noticed or anything but the email invites (e-mailing products to friends) also give points and thats one thing that we can't really keep on the look out for b/c on our membership page, we can only see the last 5 things that we actually got a point for.  someone can just be mass e-mailing items to random people or to junk accounts just to accumlate points since there's no limit on it.

yea i was thinking that too.  unfortunately we've already seen people try to abuse the reward system and i bet people are already doing this.
Instructor
Instructor
cuban in costa rica

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2009 at 9:07am

I think AA was trying to give GotSnow some slack and took the blame.... pretty sure about that too dirty. so why u gotta bust someone else nuts now..u just wasted one of aa's effort in trying to be nice for a change Smile

AA will never be nice.  I wouldn't be doing service to you if I let him pull that over on you.
lineears View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
booyA!!!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2009 at 9:16am
Originally posted by dlaw

yea i was thinking that too.  unfortunately we've already seen people try to abuse the reward system and i bet people are already doing this.

Yep, everytime you buy a product, you can send like a 10% code to 10 friends. I used my free shirt coupon to get a SS shirt, and tried sending to couple of my buddies account. and i got 2 e-mail invites points for it. I guess way would be pretty legit considering you are buying stuff off SS, but i can totally see soneone just mass e-mailing. Mass emailing is even easier than mass posting or writing reviews b/c who knows, they can mass e-mail to the same guy. They neeed to find a way to cap it or limit it, or a way for them to check it i guess because soon some guys will just get a macro and get like 3000 points in 1 day.
Go Canucks!
lineears View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
booyA!!!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2009 at 9:18am

AA will never be nice.  I wouldn't be doing service to you if I let him pull that over on you.

Oooo..i guess we just gotta wait for AA's reply on this one Smile From previous post from AA, he's going for the more tolerant and melow look. I think we just need to get used to it !
Go Canucks!
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2009 at 9:25am

Oooo..i guess we just gotta wait for AA's reply on this one Smile From previous post from AA, he's going for the more tolerant and melow look. I think we just need to get used to it !
Also I call bullsh!t! where is everyone getting this Mr. Nice Guy stuff from. Dirty is absolutely right about me I will never be nice it's not in my nature. If you are a clown I will call clown plain and simple, if you are a funny clown I might leave you alone though depending on how hard you make me laugh.
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2009 at 11:08am
AA you need to unleash the fury on some unsuspecting frenchman or french canadian.  
www.chargeharder.com
lineears View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
booyA!!!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2009 at 12:02pm
Fine. i was wrong . Angry
Btw. who is french here? besides the well known zoe
Go Canucks!
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2009 at 1:16pm
U'll do for now ^^^^ u can't wash off canadian I'm over this trying to post from my iphone, I need a real keyboard dammit
lineears View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
booyA!!!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2009 at 1:49pm
LOL. can't wash off canadian. LOL damn right you can't wash it off, cuz I"M DAMN PROUD TO BE A CANADIAN U LOUSY AMERICAN!

That ofcourse will change if Jessica Alba, Or Biel, or any super hot super models tells me so Embarrassed
Go Canucks!
ridesnowboarder View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Signal Park Rocker

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2009 at 2:16pm

LOL. can't wash off canadian. LOL damn right you can't wash it off, cuz I"M DAMN PROUD TO BE A CANADIAN U LOUSY AMERICAN!

That ofcourse will change if Jessica Alba, Or Biel, or any super hot super models tells me so Embarrassed

I'd rather be AmericanBig%20smile
Boogeyman24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2009 at 2:41pm
AMERICA!  #@%& YEAH!!!
Say Shhhhhh...
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2009 at 11:44pm

Now do you think I'm slackin you louzy canuck?
lineears View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
booyA!!!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2009 at 8:39am
surfnsnow4 -> ANOTHER STUPID BRAT WHO ABUSES THE POINT SYSTEM. 22 pages of reviews in a matter of 3 days. Gawd kids are so dumb nowadays
Go Canucks!
lineears View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
booyA!!!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2009 at 8:42am
S1LVA17 --> Another one who's damn annoying in chats and guess what. Abuses point system as well. 17 pages of reviews. I like how you reviewed the burton thermal pants for WOMEN. NOOB YOU FAIL
Go Canucks!
fostpaint View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2009 at 8:46am
Nice call lineears. I've seen some weak posting by both those users (replying to a thread in 3 or 4 posts rather than just one), but didn't realize they were abusing the point system in reviews too.
)(nfinit)( View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
ht sunset

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2009 at 9:06am
the point system abuse isn't as critical as the incorrect information, or uninformative information that people are receiving through the reviews.  Eventually it will appear as if there is junk everywhere and respect may be lost.

there are some people who actually could post 17 pages of legitamate reviews, I just haven't seen it yet.  I might be up to 4 pages now!!
x_X
lineears View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
booyA!!!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2009 at 9:19am
Originally posted by )(nfinit)(

the point system abuse isn't as critical as the incorrect information, or uninformative information that people are receiving through the reviews.  Eventually it will appear as if there is junk everywhere and respect may be lost.

there are some people who actually could post 17 pages of legitamate reviews, I just haven't seen it yet.  I might be up to 4 pages now!!

Yes, you are correct. Thats why i went through them before i listed them out.
Just the fact havign 17 pages or 22 pages or reviews (3 reviews per page i think) thats. 51 and 66 items. Can one kid really buy 50+ items in 3-4 days. Would ANYONE ever need 50 items (unless you own a store)of male and female clothings. Even yet, there's really no reason to give some reviews on some items. I mean some idiots are reviewing items that they didn't buy, that's already been sold out and even items that are from 06-07. I myself reviewed on the SS t-shirt i got for free. I will admit that was kinda pointless.
Go Canucks!
dlaw View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2009 at 10:25am
nice find lineears.  if you haven't could you please PM one of the staff so they can set it straight?  Reviews are very important, i like to read as many reviews as possible before i make a purchase especially if its something as expensive as a snowboard.
ZEEKATE View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.
this is what i tell them to do

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2009 at 5:03pm
sounds fair 
krispysteve View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2009 at 5:28pm

Sweet, I just signed up today but I must say this looks like a pretty sweet deal.  I just came to this site to buy two new snowboards and now I'm even more stoked!

Steve.

Rexyb1213 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2009 at 6:11pm
you still get points for reviews....legit reviews that is. i hate when i see reviews that say "it looks cool" 5 stars. im new to all this, so i really rely on the reviews to help me in purchasing gear.
Snowboardnoob View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2009 at 6:17pm
yea its pretty obvious when you see a review with no words. just 5 stars and thats it.....

snoflomojo View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2009 at 7:54am
thanks, codethis db for clarification.
raymoyers View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2009 at 2:28pm
I posted fifty reviews yesterday but not because I was abusing the system.  I'll admit I am trying to get points because it's a great idea and you can get free stuff.  But, I'm also trying to build the community.  All of my reviews were for stuff I own or have tried out.  OR, they are for stuff my wife owns and I know what she thinks about it so I did a review for her.  I'm new to the site and have hit the reviews and threads hard over the last week or so.  But, you can see I'm buying stuff too and want to become a productive member of this community.  I just don't want to be labeled as a spammer or post whore because you guys start seeing my name pop up a lot more often.  Anyone else here from AZ?
ranarach View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.
Ski Liberty

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2009 at 4:07pm
thats fair. yea a review from someone with no experience with the product benefits no one and they dont deserve points for it.  I wish i had more money to buy more gear and write more reviews=D
-rana
shagwag3n View Drop Down
Local
Local
Duck of Death

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2009 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by Snowboardnoob

yea its pretty obvious when you see a review with no words. just 5 stars and thats it.....

yeah i agree, but ppl like that get ousted as spammers/abusers eventually just bc of the sheer # of pts you'd need to get the good stuff :)
my images won't show up dammit
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>