Captain's Log 08/09

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  123 15>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Captain's Log 08/09
    Posted: Nov/14/2008 at 3:23pm
yet another thing they do on the BMB that im bringing here, cause i think its a cool idea.  basically, catalog your days on snow.  you can include stuff like where you were riding, who you were riding with, which board you were on, and whatever else you want.

this was day 6.. when you go to the video, feel free to watch the ones from the other days.

more jibbing.  we were only there for a little bit.

http://www.vimeo.com/2246432

tendafoot94 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
dirty

Quote tendafoot94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2008 at 3:32pm
nice vid spense
if two rappers are vegetarian can they still have beef?
phizzle View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote phizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2008 at 3:38pm
day 1 for me was this last tuesday ( i hiked for 5 hours so i'm claimin it lol). Mt spokane had like 4 inches. started out with a 10 or 12 foot corragated pipe i think is what it's called (black culvert pipe with ridges) to a 4 foot up rail to propane tank stall. then we hit some picnic tables for a bit and then we rode this mtn road that was closed off so it had a bunch of snow on it. we just moved the signs and drove up. the road was like a good 15 minute run. we brought a camera but were too excited to take any pictures. since then it's rained and all the snow is gone
"So which one is the hot tub casanova"?
free123 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote free123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2008 at 3:58pm
less than 2 weeks til i go now.....watching ur vids makes me wanna go even more, and i didnt think that was possible.
08/09 Season- 93 Days
Mike.M View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
OUTSIDE MY DECK

Quote Mike.M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2008 at 8:09am
I rode Mammoth on Thursday and Boreal Friday.

Learned something about myself the last 2 days. I really enjoy riding the entire mountain more than boxes and rails.
I just wanna go fast and do wall hits.
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2008 at 8:13am
I have 4 days in so far this season.  3 at loveland and 1 at keystone/a basin.  I have been riding fairly apprehensively this season as my shoulder still isn't 100%.  I guess I need to get that first big fall over with and see what happens.  The only problem is I already have to get an MRI on my shoulder because 8 months out from surgery it is still hurting like a biatch at times.  I guess I will know more in the next couple of weeks....

I have to get to 100% before my annual tahoe trip.  I promised MikeM I wouldn't wuss out on kickers and the stash this year!
www.chargeharder.com
Ride A Capita View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Ride A Capita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2008 at 10:41am
i wont get a day in for a few weeks...
Broomcorn View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Broomcorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2008 at 12:25pm
first days coming this weekend!  
Give me snow to remedy my soul.
dirtysouth View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
cuban in costa rica

Quote dirtysouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2008 at 12:33pm
went to pick up my pass a snowbird today.  a lot of peeps were out but conditions didn't look prime yet.
mlballer91 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
East Coast Rider

Quote mlballer91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2008 at 12:35pm
nice little vid, invest in a tripod though.

390s
52 horrorscope
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2008 at 12:47pm
i do need to get one, cause sometimes i like completely stationary shots.

but the shake wasnt even bad at all.. maybe you thought it was worse because of the trees moving, like in the last two shots.  windy.
edgehengesh View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote edgehengesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2008 at 1:05pm
i kinda like slightly shaky videos because it makes it look more genuine but not so shaky that you cant focus on the video
Thank you apple-cut

Days: 9
Kevin View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2008 at 3:14pm
I don't know if this even constitutes as a day.
Day 0.5
Put my datas on my RC.  We put everything we could (liquid soap, some left over liquid detergent) on artificial golf mat thing.  Then we put some water on it, and put the mat on a sharp drop.
Left a gap of about half a foot between the mini rail and the golf mat, so we could hop onto the rail.
It was only about 6 ft long, but I enjoyed that board feeling under my feet.

Also, I took my insole off of my judges, because they're a bit too tight now.  I'm broke, so it's my own version of EST.  It has way better board feel and lower center of gravity along with a little extra room.

I bet that the gels are somehow going to break because i took my insoles off...

Ski Bum
Ski Bum
East Coast Rider

Quote mlballer91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2008 at 3:53pm
i just watched you vid with that gap and that looked like a ton of fun
390s
52 horrorscope
muffinman View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote muffinman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2008 at 4:22pm
first day will be this weekend im so stoked!!!!!!!!!Clap
overkill127 View Drop Down
Local
Local
thank you come again

Quote overkill127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2008 at 7:36am
34 days to go
Steezimax
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2008 at 5:52pm
day 8.

been dumping for a few days.  hiked eaglecrest, TONS of snow.  they said they could open in less than a week, and if not, then dec 6, so not long either way.  perfect pow.

hero is amazing.

video
http://www.vimeo.com/2318949

midwest_shred94 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote midwest_shred94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2008 at 6:08pm
thats tight that alaska is already getting dumped.. i had to work to get not even a inch so i could do a little backyard jib session thing today..
hey its phi, leave me a message. no wait, do me a favor. dont text me cause thats gay.
Wizard1990 View Drop Down
Educator
Educator

Quote Wizard1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2008 at 12:40am
Originally posted by spenser

day 8.

been dumping for a few days.  hiked eaglecrest, TONS of snow.  they said they could open in less than a week, and if not, then dec 6, so not long either way.  perfect pow.

hero is amazing.

video
http://www.vimeo.com/2318949

Is he alright now?
I only snowboard because its cool.
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2008 at 12:44am
yeah im pretty sure hes fine.  sounds like he just tweaked it bad and he wanted to be extra careful.  he could move, like when you see them lowering him into the sled, he could have done it himself, but its worth being careful so he doesnt blow his season, or especially something worse like being permanently hurt.

i asked him and he said hes probably fine, just gonna take it easy for a bit.

gnarly fall though.  that drop was about 20 feet and you fly way out.  even with that wide angle it still seemed so much bigger when you were down below.  he was going for a switch 5 but didnt pop right.
Educator
Educator

Quote Wizard1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2008 at 12:48am
I cant believe ski patrol were there before the season started. If it was here you would be lucky if there was 1 person at the patrol building that early in the season.
zagfan5 View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
whatever

Quote zagfan5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2008 at 12:49am
well i'll just be updating this post all winter with my days like i did last winter.

DAY 1 - 12/19/08 - Mt Spokane - Burton Supermodel - Allright snowboard season has officially started! today was an awesome day full of some early season pow, and and lots of groomers to get the feel back. it was lightly snowing all day and was very fun.
DAY 2 - 12/20/08 Mt Spokane - Burton Supermodel - day 2 yay! today we got u super late to the mountain, like 11ish. got some fun pow and groomer turns in and just kinda was dickin around all day and havin fun. my friend ran into a tree and smashed his boa crank on his boot to hell LOLLOL. so he rode the rest of the day with a super loose boot. sucks to be him. thats why i only trust lacesTongue
DAY 3 - 12/22/08 - mt spokane - Burton Supermodel - well today was another fun day up there. def early season conditions, and i got a few good knocks in my base, but no worries. it was snowing all day so visibility was a bit sketch.
DAY 4 - 12/22/08 - mt spokane - burton supermodel - so originally today i was gonna go up with a bunch of friends but that went down the tube and i ended up going with one friend. the coverage was a lot better than yesterday, but still sparse in some places. fun day just to get out on the snow though
Tuesday -  i was planning on going up today, but my car had other plans and didnt wanna start so my whole day was me gettin my car fixed.Dead
DAY 5 - 12/24/08 - mt spokane  - burton supermodel - today was by far the best day of the season thus far. pow runs all day, hardley anyone up there cause it was christmas eve. it was EPIC!
DAY 6 - 12/26/08 - mt spokane - buton supermodel and custom - so today i woke up a bit late, and got up to the mountain around 12 or so. yay for season pass haha. anyways, it was pretty freakin packed up there. i had to park far away. like far enough i had to take the shuttle to the lodge. it was a sick bluebird day til the storm clouds rolled in around 1, and i walked back to my far, changed out goggle lenses from mirrored to yellow ones, and on the walk back i noticed ppl were already leaving cause of thr storm, so i jumped in my car and parked bout 3 spaces from the lodge. it was awesome haha also at this time i switched onto my friends custom that i had sitting in my car cause i figured since i was gonna be staying for night riding, the supermodel wouldnt be the best board for park haha. anyways i hit up the park from about 3 till 7 when i left and the weather just went south like madd on us. i could hardly see in front of me, the wind was whipping like the wizard of oz, and it was snowing at the rate of a good 2 inches an hour. luckly the park is in a space between two walls of trees, so it was sheltered form the wind a bit. all in all a fun night of borarding of park.
DAY 7 - 12/29/08 - mt spokane - custom/supermodel - so today i went up with one of my buds, and when we got there is was snowing like madd, but no wind so it was a lot of fun boarding. we hit pow runs all day till around 2, when the clouds went away, and it was perfectly bluebird for bout 10 minutes. then all the sudden pitch black clouds rolled in and it strts snowing and the winds were the strongest i've ever seen up there. it was seriously scary riding down to the lodge cause there was so snow definition and you couldnt see 2 feet in front of you. we were just riding out of muscle memory back to the lodge. when we got back to the car finally, it had a good 8 or 9 inches of snow on it and that all fell in the 5 hours we were there. crazy madd. then on the drive home the wind would kik up all the suden and would blow all the snow from the trees onto the road, so there was NO visibility. literally i had to stop the car and put on my e
Camber Is The New Rocker.
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2008 at 12:56am
it was a total random thing, they were doing an avalanche training course that day and there were like 30 people around.  haden (red pants) ran down a guy on a sled and got them to come help.  lucky though.
barnyard View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Banana

Quote barnyard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2008 at 5:33am
seriously lucky.
Lib Tech Skate Banana 159 (2007/2008) w/ Burton CO2 bindings (2007/2008) ; Sierra Reverse Crew 162 (2010) w/ Rome 390 Boss bindings (2010/2011)
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote edgehengesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2008 at 5:49pm
first day today

went up to Alpine Valley MI.  First few runs sucked but then i got back into it and it felt so good.  locked my friends keys in his car the po-pos had to come and open it.  today was a great day
Thank you apple-cut

spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/27/2008 at 11:22am
i dont even know if this counts as day 9

http://www.vimeo.com/2365112
Educator
Educator

Quote Wizard1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/27/2008 at 4:57pm
That sucks that it was sticky. So there were no Thanksgiving powdery pillows being destroyed?CryCryCry
odoyale rules View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote odoyale rules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/27/2008 at 5:02pm
4 days. 3 at Keystone 1 at Breck. On my most recent day I might have broken my nose on a down rail. Hopefully it isn't broken... I might see a doc soon
18 days and counting

I make custom diecuts (stickers). PM me for info
Dice View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Dice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2008 at 7:46am
1 day last w/e at Bromont (Quebec/Canada). Weather was good for man made and they've been making it in tons! Awsome just to feel the snow and carve a little.

Got chopped by a skiier on my last run! Head hit the ground backwards before I can say sh!t! Confused Thank you Mr. Helmet!!! Wink On the way down, I really was not sure if I was on the right trail or if missed my exit cause EVERYTHING looked different! Then I remembered... there was only ONE trail open! lol For sure not lost, but oozzie nevertheless.

Going again tomorrow & Sunday... LOL Hopefully I will rack days 2&3 and try my T6 for the 1st time!

Happy boarding... Tongue

Cheers...
PEOPLE ARE ALL THE SAME… THEY ALL THINK THEY ARE DIFFERENT!!! -------- GEAR: Palmer Timeless 164, Nitro Haze 156, Burton T6 164, Ride Machete 161W (LE), Burton P1.1, Burton C60, Union Force SL, K2 DB T1 (boots)
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote edgehengesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2008 at 7:09pm
Day 2

Alpine Valley again. Kinda slushy and wet but its all good. 
Thank you apple-cut

spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2008 at 7:32pm
going up tomorrow, apparently its supposed to snow and be good up top but the weather doesnt say so.  either way, im not driving, and i have nothing else to do, so i might as well get up early and get some exercise.
Educator
Educator

Quote Wizard1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2008 at 10:40pm
If you dont drive how do you get there?
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2008 at 10:42pm
i meant that im not the one driving.. haha ive only been the driver once this year so far.  haden (black coat red pants) almost always drives.
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2008 at 1:57pm
day 10, hero, mini shred in the crap snow

wet snow but not sticky like last time.  hero is so fun.  i kept doing stuff that i didnt think i was gonna land because the snow was super heavy and grabby + a flat landing, but its like you cant fall on this board, haha.

screenshot for now.. its weird, when i was doing them, it felt like i had a super grip on the tail but im barely grabbing it

K8sgotgame View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote K8sgotgame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2008 at 2:26pm
Day 1 was last week at Sugarbush.  We had a pow opening with 8" of freshness to start off opening day.  The conditions were terrific but f'in cold.

Day 2 was today, also at Sugarbush (home mtn).  Had a pretty sick day because it was very warm.  Got some good turns in and they opened up about 26 trails or so.  Most of them were pretty cut up because they can't groom the lower parts of the mtn til it's colder again.  But... had another sick day and I always enjoy the free hot cider on my way to the car Clap
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2008 at 3:24pm
heres the video and another screenshot

http://www.vimeo.com/2381646

tendafoot94 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
dirty

Quote tendafoot94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2008 at 3:28pm
the end of that video....effin hilarious
if two rappers are vegetarian can they still have beef?
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2008 at 3:32pm
it was a good sammich
Kevin View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2008 at 12:45pm
day 1-3
snowshoe

I suck.
Dice View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Dice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2008 at 3:27pm
Day 2. More of a mellow day with family and friends. No hard charging runs and lots of group cruising! Fun. I usually hit it as it opns and run all the groomed trails early. Not today as we were on "relax & take it easy no rush to get there before 8:00 AM" mode. LOL I never spent this much time in the shack on the same day! lol But all for fun as well.

However, still no chance to try my T6! Unhappy Snow was wet and heavy and hard packed in many spots! Maybe next week (for sure)!

Cheers...

PEOPLE ARE ALL THE SAME… THEY ALL THINK THEY ARE DIFFERENT!!! -------- GEAR: Palmer Timeless 164, Nitro Haze 156, Burton T6 164, Ride Machete 161W (LE), Burton P1.1, Burton C60, Union Force SL, K2 DB T1 (boots)
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
East Coast Rider

Quote mlballer91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2008 at 3:38pm
day 1-4
app ski mtn

one word to discribe those 4 days- AMAZING!
sooo much fun, felt great to be back on the snow, conditions were sooo good considering how early it is in the season. park was setup really good, alot of new fun stuff this year compared to last season. i was actually able to learn a few new tricks too. awesome!! cant wait till next weekend
first pic of the season
390s
52 horrorscope
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2008 at 3:42pm
made something new from yesterday, first try at a gif where the line is meshed together.

Mike.M View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
OUTSIDE MY DECK

Quote Mike.M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/06/2008 at 10:30am
Man it is nice to be back at northstar...walking to the chairlift, buttery boxes and smooth jumps!
On day 12 it finally feels like i am snowboarding.

Spencer....How do you make those cool little videos????
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/06/2008 at 12:38pm
i got footage and edited it together?
Mike.M View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
OUTSIDE MY DECK

Quote Mike.M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/06/2008 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by spenser

i got footage and edited it together?

simple answer...i thought u were making those little gifs that shaka always posts with chicks shaking their boobies and such.

the footage looks blocked or choppy...is that how you are editing it.

I am not much for editing stuff, i barely even like getting footage but i enjoy seeing yours!
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/06/2008 at 1:01pm
Did N star finally open Mx2?
www.chargeharder.com
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/06/2008 at 1:05pm
what do you mean blocked/choppy?
Mike.M View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
OUTSIDE MY DECK

Quote Mike.M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/06/2008 at 1:05pm
^^^Opening day today!

Sweet pre season park.

I LOVE the corregated black tubes
K8sgotgame View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote K8sgotgame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/06/2008 at 2:23pm
Day 3 - cold, icy.  Spent all my time riding down a trail that had snow guns firing to work on some stuff and cut through the moguls.  Just a short day because I wasn't thrilled with the conditions.  Got a couple cool pics on the way home though Wink

ridesnowboarder View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Signal Park Rocker

Quote ridesnowboarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/06/2008 at 3:20pm
thats pretty sweet ^
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>