Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1234 15>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Kevin View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Captain's Log 08/09
    Posted: Dec/07/2008 at 5:16pm
day 4
whitetail

i skiied for 1.5 hours after my indoor instructor training class. 
feels so weird.

Didn't know we would have some time left over to board before lifts close, so didn't bother bringing one.  The rental shop's boots were so shatty, and I wanted to try skiing again, so I skiied.
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/13/2008 at 3:57pm
day 13, but first day on the chair.  opening day! best opening day EVER.  sunny, cold, and deep, light pow.  soooo good.  it was some of the best snow ive ever ridden.

horrorscope for one run (amazing!)
hero for the rest of the day cause it was all about the pow (also amazing!)

did lots of riding in deep woods, through the steep trees, lots of hits, everything was so good.

video coming later cause vimeo has me waiting over 2 hours till it converts it, cause of heavy traffic

haden

dylan

I CANT SEE YOU, STOP WEARING LIGHT CAMO

epic!

haden on a pillow drop in deep woods

me telling dylan to give me my camera

beautiful day

ditto

haden shared a chair with a gangster-ass skier.  he pushes his thug style so hard (riding style)

dylan fell asleep in the car, hahahhah

spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/13/2008 at 6:24pm
Wizard1990 View Drop Down
Educator
Educator

Quote Wizard1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/13/2008 at 8:17pm
Thanks for the updates Spenser! Big%20smile
I only snowboard because its cool.
Educator
Educator

Quote Wizard1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/13/2008 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by spenser

08/09 Burton Jussi?
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/13/2008 at 8:28pm
yep, jussi.  hes really stoked on it.  today he was like "dude, ive never had a board that was like... good.  and has a good base," laughing.  he had an atomic hatched 59 last year.. pretty big difference, haha.

and hes really stoked on his cartel ESTs too (as am i).  he was getting kinda bummed on not having a rockered board the other day though, haha.  we were riding with another friend who has a banana, in even deeper pow.

worked great for him today though, it wasnt THAT deep.  and he has a malolo too, which i forced him to buy.
phizzle View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote phizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/13/2008 at 10:31pm
day 2 was last weekend at big sky montana..day 3 is tomorrow at silver mtn..with wind chill it's gonna be around -15...so stoked lol
"So which one is the hot tub casanova"?
kimchijajonshim View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Bear Hugs!

Quote kimchijajonshim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/13/2008 at 10:44pm
Day 1 was Thursday, on my '08 Sierra Crew 155 with Flux Super Titans.  Showed up at Boreal at 2 pm after leaving at about 10 am.

Drive took extra long dude to an extended pitstop at Sierra.  Why did I have to stop at Sierra?

I always forget little things when I ride, so the night before I packed up all my stuff in a bag.  Everything I thought I might need, a lock, gummi stones, a shell in case it got cold/windy, 2 pairs of goggles, 2 pairs of gloves, ass pad, etc.  Everything I thought I might need, I consolidated in that bag.

Then, of course, I forgot the bag.

So I stopped by Sierra to see if I could nab some cheap gloves and goggles.  Yes on the former, no on the latter.  I decided to try riding without gloves since it was pretty warm day (but bought a pair just in case) and I had my driving sunglasses, so I decided to make due.

Got up to Boreal, found out the price jumped from $25 to $45 because they opened up night boarding, and I wasn't eligible for a shop pass since I didn't have a paystub to show them.  WEAK.

Once I got up on the mountain, all the frustration washed away.  There were pretty limited crowds and I looked like a gaper next to the locals, but it was a ton of fun making turns, charging what little terrain was open, and hitting some park features.  Didn't try anything too crazy, just tried to get my legs back under me, and I had a great time.

I ended up bailing at 6 PM, but I felt like I got my money's worth despite the relatively short day time-wise.  There were so few lines and I was riding alone, so I got waaaay more riding done than I typically do with my friends on a weekend.

I didn't even end up needing the gloves, so I returned them on the way home.  Nice for little victories!

Day 2 and possibly 3 should be later this week.  STOKED!!!
ROLL ON, BISHES.
edgehengesh View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote edgehengesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2008 at 8:57am
i was supposed to go today but it is now raining and 40 degrees and the slope closed. YAHHHHHHCry
Thank you apple-cut

Days: 9
Kevin View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2008 at 1:42pm
day 5,6
whitetail

I was "shadowing", or helping out another instructor do his class today.  I got quality runs in between classes and during lunch.  After the lessons, I took a few runs and gave up, cause it was getting super dark, and the runs were slowly becoming angled ice skating rinks.  I had to come back home by 6 too.

I was an idiot and wore an eesa baselayer by itself with no gloves.  Now, I have a headache and a shiver...Ouch
ste_funny View Drop Down

Quote ste_funny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2008 at 5:25pm
day 2, Friday:
First day at Heavenly, pretty good man made snow.  Got pretty comfortable carving again.

day 3, Saturday:
Snowed at night, but most of the snow at Heavenly was packed down.  The day started pretty late due to wind hold.  I had a pretty bad fall and kinda messed up my knee.  Otherwise pretty nice day.   Jeff tried his 09 banana for the first time, and liked it.  I got to try out the Trice and liked it.

day 4, Sunday:
Freezing and dumping like crazy.  My knee was aching so bad where I could barely get up after sitting, but managed to get in some runs. 
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/18/2008 at 2:48pm
day... 14?

hasnt snowed again, yet.  pow was windblown and very minimal so we stuck to groomers for the most part and rode our jibbers.  got to ride my horrorscope all day and i love it.  it got boring though cause all the side hits are still really small, so there was nothing to do.

youll see this clip in the video (coming soon)..

wutang

spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/18/2008 at 2:58pm
http://www.vimeo.com/2569402

the "too much rocker" subtitle was supposed to be after i did that press thing on the cat track, but somehow it got moved.  i didnt bother to fix it cause i figured it fit well enough where it ended up, hah.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote edgehengesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2008 at 2:55pm

day 3: Alpine Valley MI

we got a massive storm last night so there was some "Powder" about 2 feet.  Im not very good at riding it yet but it is so fun.  Just a fun day overall.
Thank you apple-cut

Kevin View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2008 at 4:20pm
day 7 whitetail
first run.  i ollied off of a tiny roller/drop (i dunno what to call that), only to find a HUGE iceball on the ground.  since I was already in the air, I land on the iceball, and my nose digs in, etc.

I find myself sprawled on the side and I hit my wrist on a tree.  I think it's sprained.  I can't push.  Also, I couldn't remember my name for a sec, and I threw up water.

took an hour break, and got back onto the SHEET ICE. 

not a good day.
(instructor training coursre day)
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote edgehengesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2008 at 4:24pm

oh man that sucks.

Thank you apple-cut

spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2008 at 4:30pm
am i the only one thats been posting pictures?

come on!
Scorer099 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Scorer099 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2008 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by edgehengesh

day 3: Alpine Valley MI

we got a massive storm last night so there was some "Powder" about 2 feet.  Im not very good at riding it yet but it is so fun.  Just a fun day overall.

Dude i was at AV today too!
I'm just here to look cool...

www.angrysnowboarder.com
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote edgehengesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2008 at 4:54pm
really thats sick did you see me?
 I have a burton custom and a purple coat
Thank you apple-cut

Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote edgehengesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2008 at 4:55pm

come on!
yes you are.
but i got a new outdoors digital camera so that should change.
Thank you apple-cut

Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote edgehengesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2008 at 5:34pm

?scorer

Thank you apple-cut

oddy View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote oddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2008 at 6:34pm

come on!

Nice thread spenser.  I would take pictures, but I'd rather be riding.

Actually, what camera are you using to take the video and pictures?  I need to grab a decent camera to carry around that will take the cold and an occasional beating. 
kimchijajonshim View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Bear Hugs!

Quote kimchijajonshim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2008 at 7:39pm
Moldygiraffe and I rode last Thursday.  Day 1 for him, Day 2 for me.  Variable conditions, some untracked pow off the Comstock chairs, some pretty icy hardpack over by the Zephyr.  The park was surprisingly fun for this point in the season... looks like they were able to lay down a lot of nice stuff with the recent snowfall. 

Really felt like I progressed since the end of last season, not just in riding, but in terms of mentality.  I rode 4 different board and binding combos throughout the day and while I was cognizant of the differences between them, my thought processes was basically, "shtook it, let's just shred."  It was a good day.
ROLL ON, BISHES.
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2008 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by oddy

come on!

Nice thread spenser.  I would take pictures, but I'd rather be riding.

Actually, what camera are you using to take the video and pictures?  I need to grab a decent camera to carry around that will take the cold and an occasional beating. 

we really only film stuff for something like 10 minutes tops for these little videos, if that, and the pictures are just like.. youre at a feature on the way down, one person stops and snaps a picture, and then you move on.  im definitely not into focusing on filming stuff or taking pictures, riding is the best part of course

its a canon powershot sd1000, only $200 msrp, but you can easily find them for cheaper with package deals
phizzle View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote phizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2008 at 11:41pm
days 4 and 5 were fri, sat. went up to schweitzer with a college group and stayed at a church that was in the mtn village. schweitzer got 2-3 feet of pow but that was on top of like a 25 inch base so there wasn't that great of coverage. on the last run of the first day i wrecked in the pow and fell on a rock and got raped...literally. bruised my tailbone pretty bad and i have a pretty good gash on my butt haha...not fun... tore a hole through my underlayers and my boxers were all bloody. i could barely sit down that night. the next day they opened the whole mtn so there was access to the steeper stuff towards the top with better coverage.

only took a couple picks the first day in the mini park. here's the only one of me
URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]
"So which one is the hot tub casanova"?
Scorer099 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Scorer099 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/21/2008 at 4:08am

I don't know, there were quite a few people during the day.
I was wearing a green striped Holden jacket, blue Holden pants, Emerald 32's and the neon base of the Evo-R. Spent most of the day hiking a few different boxes.

www.angrysnowboarder.com
K8sgotgame View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote K8sgotgame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/21/2008 at 5:32am
I can't remember what day I'm on... 5 I think.  Saturday, total sweet pow covering the entire mtn.  It was a little rough on the blacks because the skiers had cut it up pretty good.  I hate to say it but I shoulda busted out the skis!!!  Awesome day though, worked on some stuff with my bf on the bunny hill which helped him progress a lot in one day.

A little crazy driving.... basically hasn't stopped snowing since Friday AM so the mtn was basically empty Clap
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote edgehengesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/21/2008 at 9:14am
Originally posted by Scorer099

I don't know, there were quite a few people during the day.
I was wearing a green striped Holden jacket, blue Holden pants, Emerald 32's and the neon base of the Evo-R. Spent most of the day hiking a few different boxes.

I think I may have seen you.  I spent most the day on the lifts by the pipe and park, me and my friend found a huge stash of powder on the side of the pipe. we got mama doged out by a ski patrol guy for ducking the ropes under lift 2 and riding the powder under it.  
Thank you apple-cut

natesnowboards View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote natesnowboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/22/2008 at 8:47am
i went up to kirkwood yesterday and it was stellar. there was almost no one there, the biggest lift line was about 5 people. from the time we got there till when we left it dumped about an inch an hour. no pics because we forgot the camera. overall a great day at the mountain, alot of people wreaking on hwy 88 of the 4 people that passed me i saw three of them either smashed into a snow bank or stuck on the side of the road.
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/22/2008 at 9:40am
After a 6 week break for surgery and work on the new house I got days 5 and 6 in this weekend at Keystone. Saturday morning we got in some nice pow turns with about a foot of fresh.  Spent the rest of the day riding groomers and popping off rollers.  the windchill was between -20 and -40 all day so it was miserably cold.  We still had a ton of fun.

Sunday there was no fresh snow so we just rode groomers all day.  A51 at keystone is ridiculous right now.  Since the dew tour was at breck everyone and there uncle, brother, sister, mother and cousins were at keystone riding the park.  We didn't even head over there on Sunday.  Temps were a solid 30 degrees warmer than Saturday so we had a blast.  Last run of the day a dude cut right in front of me.  Luckily I was able to catch him and keep us both from eating shat.  All in all a great weekend!!
www.chargeharder.com
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/22/2008 at 11:57am
day 15 total, chairlift day 3... kinda.  first run, half way down, gonna do a nose bonk over a quick little roller and ended up catching my nose somewhere (i dont remember it happening), whipped into the ground, knocked the wind out of myself, felt like i was gonna puke, and seriously thought i broke my hip bone.  still kinda do, but after coming home, taking a hot shower, and now icing it, i think its just a muscle thing.

super sore though.  i think it coulda been my phone in my bottom right pocked that i landed on and it jabbed the hell out of me, cause it was off when i took it out of my pocket, which has happened before when it gets hit too hard.

shiiiiiiiiiit, im gonna be sore tomorrow.  falling on stupid stuff especially right at the beginning of the day is so lame.
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/22/2008 at 12:04pm
Heal up man!  I lost part of last season and part of this season due to surgeries.  take it easy until you are fully healed.
www.chargeharder.com
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/22/2008 at 12:05pm
i am.  it feels better as more time goes by, definitely sore though.  at least the snow is crap so im not missing anything, but theres snow in the forecast a few days from now.
rocheezy View Drop Down
Local
Local
Ready for the 2010 season!

Quote rocheezy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/22/2008 at 12:52pm
Day 1- Roundtop: Stayed mostly on the bunny slope, but taught myself to stand up without flipping over to toeside. Went up the lift once which was intimidating as hell because at night you can see the lights of surrounding cities. It's pretty, but it psyched me out a bit. Fell pretty hard and banged up my tailbone.

Day 2- Roundtop (the next day): Less bunny hill, more walking halfway up and riding down. Took the lift a few times, too. Got REALLY comfortable turning and stopping toeside--almost too comfortable now.

Day 3- Liberty: Stayed on their beginners slope which was super icy and not very fun. Finally got used to getting off the lift without falling (except the one time where I rolled at the bottom--groin strain, not fun).

Day 3.5-Roundtop: Crappy, icy conditions. Only stayed for about half an hour.

Day 4-Roundtop: Went with my friend and my roommate. Tried a different run the last time down (and ran into the makeshift fence thingy separating the park from the run...). My roommate took a lesson, but I helped her gain confidence and get going on the bunny hill.  Finally at least tried turning/stopping heelside.

Day 5-Liberty: Definitely more comfortable getting off the lift, tried to work on heelside. I really need to work up the confidence and get over the fear of falling. Fell pretty hard once, though, and banged up my tailbone again. One day later, sitting/standing up is still painful. Also lost my keys and phone for a bit because I forgot to zip my pockets. 

Going up to Blue Mountain either Wednesday or Friday with a friend who has never snowboarded. I'm hoping by the end of the week I can go at least twice for longer periods of time to get more done. I wanna get comfortable carving on either side and with speed as opposed to going down the hill side to side and at a crawl.

I also think I'm going to look into getting a buttpad--just in case.
Educator
Educator

Quote Wizard1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/22/2008 at 12:59pm
Haha, good on you rocheezy. Keep at it.

Dont worry about the fear factor. Once you catch your heelside edge while going real fast on your toes you will knock the fear out of yourself, literally.
lineears View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
booyA!!!

Quote lineears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/22/2008 at 1:02pm
Day 1 - POW on the black runs...Rocks on the green ones... 5 hours on the mountains. not too bad. vapor is super responsive and super light. whootwhoto!
Go Canucks!
lursan View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote lursan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/22/2008 at 1:02pm
Day 1- Mt. High- got 4 runs in because it was foggy, gusty winds, and raining/slushing/snowing making conditions undesirable, but still had a blast on my board.
rocheezy View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote rocheezy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/22/2008 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by Wizard1990

Dont worry about the fear factor. Once you catch your heelside edge while going real fast on your toes you will knock the fear out of yourself, literally.

Haha, pretty sure that's happened twice now which is why I get nervous. I'm good holding an edge on toeside or centered without an edge, but don't understand or can't hold a heelside edge.

I feel like once I can master that, the rest will come a bit more easily. Or at least progress a bit quicker.
Educator
Educator

Quote Wizard1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/22/2008 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by rocheezy

Haha, pretty sure that's happened twice now which is why I get nervous. I'm good holding an edge on toeside or centered without an edge, but don't understand or can't hold a heelside edge.

I feel like once I can master that, the rest will come a bit more easily. Or at least progress a bit quicker.

Nah, I mean really fast. We were straight lining runs (trying to straight line the whole mountain) and on a particular blue run I started to wash out because I was going to fast, then a flat section came. I made a toeside turn but didnt lift my edge enough. BAM!

I was easily going 60-70km/h when I hit. That hurt like hell and I was nearly crying. Took me a good 10-15mins to recover.
rocheezy View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote rocheezy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/22/2008 at 1:16pm
Ouch. I'd like to get over the fear before that ever happens. =0)
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/22/2008 at 1:26pm
Just keep on going and trying new stuff rocheezy.  It will all "click" in the middle of a run one day real soon.
www.chargeharder.com
Scorer099 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Scorer099 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/22/2008 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by rocheezy

By saying you ride fine centered w/o an edge i assume you mean flat base? You should always try to put some pressure on an edge and that catchy feeling will go away for the most part.

www.angrysnowboarder.com
odoyale rules View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote odoyale rules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/22/2008 at 8:08pm

Just logged 3 days at beaver creek

The powder was amazing. Some of the best snow I have ever ridden

18 days and counting

I make custom diecuts (stickers). PM me for info
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/24/2008 at 4:43pm
day 16 total, day 4 on chairs
hero

finally snowed again.  rode on snow, did some things, had fun, hip is fine.  got up there at 9:30 and left right away. my friend alans family has been trying to get a flight out to go to cali for christmas, but the snow in seattle got it canceled.  right before we got on the lift his mom called and said a flight opened up but he had to go right away.. he didnt drive and no one else would leave, so he offered me 50 shtooking bucks to take him home so he could go... $6 worth of gas for $50 vs losing an hour of snowboarding?  i took the money.  got back up there and was riding by 11 and had a full enough day anyway.

on the drive home, i held hands car to car with that guy you see in the grand cherokee on the highway.  goint 60, two feet apart, it was rad.  everyone saw too, so it counts!

this is all i got.

http://www.vimeo.com/2625418

nice morning

alan is sick

cassie and sam

haden is a terrific skier!

rocheezy View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote rocheezy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/24/2008 at 5:50pm
Day 6-Roundtop: Blue Mountain was closed and I really didn't feel like paying $50 bucks anyways. We got up there later than I planned (sucks that my GPS was stolen from my friend's car; I really need it). I taught my friend very few very very basic things, and SHE convinced ME to go up the lift. LOL

It rained all day, so it was a bit icy/slushy, but not as terrible as it could have been. We only got ...one... run in but it was good times. A father and his little daughter (both on skis) lapped us like 6 times. Pretty sweet. My friend knows how to ski, but she did REALLY well for her first time on a snowboard. She'd sit/fall down when she got nervous, though she stayed pretty much under control. She also told me I made it look easy...I wish.

Being on the mountain today was crazy b/c you could only see a short distance ahead, it was so foggy/misty--kind of scary, but a bit comforting, too.

Had I remembered to take Ibuprofen and put on a heating pad before going up, I might have at least attempted some heelside stuff. Whoops.

I'm hoping to go at least twice this weekend...maybe I can finally get this heelside stuff to click.

I'm also buying a buttpad. I think it'll help alleviate fear--and future pain.
tendafoot94 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
dirty

Quote tendafoot94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/24/2008 at 5:54pm

come on!

im working on an end-of-the-season video
so, get ready for a march, april madness vid
if two rappers are vegetarian can they still have beef?
rocheezy View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote rocheezy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/26/2008 at 3:11pm
Day 7-Liberty: YAYYY!!! I DID IT!!! Finally feel a bit more comfortable stopping and turning heelside! I got in about 6 runs and only had 3 big falls. I had sooo much fun today since I felt like I spent more time on my board than my butt. I'm still a little uncomfortable with speed--and still can't go directly down the mountain the whole way--but I was sooo proud of myself today! Can't wait to go back tomorrow or Sunday. Big%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smile
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/26/2008 at 3:16pm
day 5 on chairs

dumping today, and nothing but snow in the forecast. stoked!  rode my 09 fish for the first time and its the most epic board ive ever owned.  obviously floats like a dream, super quick turns, everything about it is rad.  great on groomers too.. people who say its too weird because of the mega-taper should learn to snowboard (thats mostly a joke.. but, come on..) cause its nowhere near hard.  its not weird, its a little different, but not in a bad way.

haden tried my fish for a run and loved it.  i rode his jussi........ first time id ridden a regular cambered board in a while, and it reminded me how much i like rocker.  i would have loved the jussi last year before id ridden anything rockered, cause its a sick board, but it felt so... lame.

http://www.vimeo.com/2640061

haden.... uh..

this is as bad as the lines get.. nowhere near as bad as most places, but for us, it sucks.

travis has goggles!

spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/27/2008 at 4:04pm
day 6
fish, then hero at the end for a few runs

FISH IS SO SICK.  its my favorite board.

shredded pow, steep stuff, steep trees, pillows through trees, i felt like terje at some points, haha.  just an all around awesome day, great snow.  the last hour started snowing, and on the last two runs it was PUKING.  i could barely see in front of my face.  the drive home was crazy, i literally couldnt see where i was.

tomorrow will be even better.
gabatron203 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote gabatron203 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/27/2008 at 4:43pm
im far toooo lazy to post pictures..

and i cant recap anything from days, since minnesota is just small tiny hills in the cities and what not we just go out session the tow rope park for a few hours a day, probably rode 25-30 times this season or so.

Custom Decals for CHEAP! PM ME!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>