Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Captain's Log 08/09
    Posted: Dec/27/2008 at 5:08pm
little baby video from today, the only shots i took.  i was busy snowboarding, woooooooo

http://www.vimeo.com/2648513
Kevin View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/27/2008 at 5:12pm
day 8
nothing new.  had fun

day 9
 I don't know where to begin.  First, I notice that one of the screw on my datas are gone.  My ankle strap just came off when I was tightening them.   I got a similar screw from the shop and just shoved it in there, but it was coming loose every 2-3 runs.

Now, the toe strap rips off, and the foamy thing falls off.  Great.

Around 1-2 PM, after 5 hours of riding, my boots are soaked.  When I was skating, I could feel the water sloshing inside the boots.  Good thing it was 50+ degrees out.
my judges are looking really beat up after only 25-30 days on them.  It doesn't keep out snow/water anymore.  Might have to duct tape the whole thing...

Other than that, it was a good day with a lot of slush/water
kimchijajonshim View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Bear Hugs!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/27/2008 at 5:55pm
Day 3 at sugar bowl today ok the SL-R. Fun stuff, but no riding buddy since my cousin and brother are relative newbs. Found some untracked pow on a decent pitch on accident. Had to hike a ridge when I hit a narrow corridor of exposed rocks. The turns were worth the effort. Crowds weren't too bad, the park was weak, but terrain was top notch as always.
ROLL ON, BISHES.
Wizard1990 View Drop Down
Educator
Educator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/28/2008 at 3:34am
Originally posted by spenser

little baby video from today, the only shots i took.  i was busy snowboarding, woooooooo

http://www.vimeo.com/2648513

Thanks Spenser.
I only snowboard because its cool.
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/28/2008 at 4:38pm
lift day 7, day 19 overall

thick overcast, super flat light.. yellow lenses were making it okay, but at times they barely cut it.

my friends "man" from vancity BC (really from new zealand) got to town two days ago, and he came up today.  he rides whistler and cyprus.  he was stoked on it, but definitely not used to the steep and chopped bumpy stuff, so he was getting used to that.  there was about a foot of pow on it, really great snow, but it was weird.  something was crappy about the riding.

decided to hike, and thats when things changed.  switched from my hero to my fish, and gave keith my hero (hero 58 vs his option 151, i dont know the model but its one of their standard twins) and he was stoked on it.  rode some awesome steep & deep lines in heavenly valley.. the fish is amazing.

http://www.vimeo.com/2656890

keith being stoked at the top of the hike, before the traverse

me on my fish.. ridercam was limited because i didnt have my wide angle on me, but ill definitely bring it next time i hike with my fish

Educator
Educator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/28/2008 at 5:14pm
Ive said it before and im going to say it again. Those bindings on the hero are damn sexy. Thanks for another vid Spenser.
rocheezy View Drop Down
Local
Local
Ready for the 2010 season!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/28/2008 at 5:27pm
haha. I like Keith's accent.
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/28/2008 at 5:33pm
haha yeah, its cool.  basic NZ accent.

i agree on the binders, again.

im in the market for a third pair of unions cause im getting rid of my cartel ESTs.. might have a new masterpiece depending what i get.
rocheezy View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/29/2008 at 4:39pm
Day 8-Liberty: Tons more comfortable on heelside--carving and turning. I was even linking some of the turns toe to heel. It was more comfortable linking them riding regular, but I worked on it going down goofy, too. I'm still really uncomfortable with too much speed, but it's taking me less and less time to get down the mountain. I always leaf out to the sides, slow down, or stop when I go too fast.

I hate when there are too many people around or behind me, though, because I don't always trust them to not run into me. ConfusedLOLLOL

I really wanna learn some cool tricks for going down the runs. Then maybe soon I'll be comfortable enough to try park stuff. who knows...

Dunno if I'm going to go back tomorrow. Kinda sucks always going alone. I guess it will depend on if I feel like doing more cleaning or how much I get done.Ouch
myke View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/29/2008 at 4:57pm
I only have 3 days in, but i've yet to hear a turn.

I've taken my Malolo out 2 of the 3 days, and the one day I didn't - I kicked myself for it.
Already got some good time in dodging trees - and somehow feel more comfortable/solid so far this year then I did at any point last year. Pretty cool. I have sort of a f-it attitude this year, and am just sendin myself down the mountain.

Also kicked myself for not bringing my bullet tool the first day out.
Let this be a lesson in pre-season prep.

Got some new bindings (thanks SS!) - Burton Custom Detox in clear/orange to match my Squiddy.
Got 'em all mounted up, etc. Got ready to go. Head to the mountain.
Top of the lift, first run of the season - go to strap in, and what the??? My bindings are moving all over. I couldn't find my bullet tool or even a decent screwdriver - so I just used the screw driver I had. Couldn't quite get a good torque on it, but it felt tight enough.
Got out there - and realized it was nowhere near tight enough. Bindings were sliding all over. Literally the whole way down the mountain (riding like a pansy cause i was worried about dying) I could feel my bindings slippin around.
Get to the bottom - go to the lodge to hit the tool bench, and when i went to grab the binding - it came off in my hand.

So - let that be a lesson - pay attention to what you're doing when getting ready to go out. This could have ended VERY badly losing your front foot halfway down the mtn at speed.

I'm here for the gangbang....
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/30/2008 at 5:58am
Good thing you didn't get hurt Sinix.
www.chargeharder.com
rocheezy View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/30/2008 at 7:38am
Originally posted by Sinixstar

I only have 3 days in, but i've yet to hear a turn.

I've taken my Malolo out 2 of the 3 days, and the one day I didn't - I kicked myself for it.
Already got some good time in dodging trees - and somehow feel more comfortable/solid so far this year then I did at any point last year. Pretty cool. I have sort of a f-it attitude this year, and am just sendin myself down the mountain.

Also kicked myself for not bringing my bullet tool the first day out.
Let this be a lesson in pre-season prep.

Got some new bindings (thanks SS!) - Burton Custom Detox in clear/orange to match my Squiddy.
Got 'em all mounted up, etc. Got ready to go. Head to the mountain.
Top of the lift, first run of the season - go to strap in, and what the??? My bindings are moving all over. I couldn't find my bullet tool or even a decent screwdriver - so I just used the screw driver I had. Couldn't quite get a good torque on it, but it felt tight enough.
Got out there - and realized it was nowhere near tight enough. Bindings were sliding all over. Literally the whole way down the mountain (riding like a pansy cause i was worried about dying) I could feel my bindings slippin around.
Get to the bottom - go to the lodge to hit the tool bench, and when i went to grab the binding - it came off in my hand.

So - let that be a lesson - pay attention to what you're doing when getting ready to go out. This could have ended VERY badly losing your front foot halfway down the mtn at speed.

wow. Lucky.

My last run yesterday, I got off the lift and went to strap in, and the ankle strap on my binding was missing. It had come off at the bottom of the lift. I found the bolt and screwed and tightened it with my car key (the only one I keep in my pocket). I've got a B&D toolkit in my car, but it doesnt me no good when I'm on the mountain. I don't want to bring them up with me though, b/c they're not mini-sized and I'm afraid to fall on it if it's in my pocket...

I need to remember to tighten it up some more before I ride today. (The same thing happened to the other ankle strap my 2nd time out, but it's been fine since then).
rocheezy View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/30/2008 at 6:01pm
Day 9-Liberty: I stayed at the mountain for about 5-6 hours. I'm definitely a lot better than I was a few weeks ago.

Getting off the lift once, I realized the outside strap of my binding had fallen off. =0( I would have fixed it but couldn't find the screw. I stood and contemplated whether or not I should ride down the hill with only the toe strap on. I tried a few feet, but decided against it, since I had no support and felt like my foot would slip out or I would die. I paid 3 bucks to have it fixed.

All this is after I tightened everything when I got my board out of my car. Unhappy

spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/31/2008 at 2:54pm
day 20

fish for two runs, then hero for a few

hiked the first run on ptarmigan (the big lift), technically the second run total..... had my fish and wanted to just do a ridercam pow line since i brought my wide angle this time.. magnet holding the lens came off cause it was so cold that the superglue basically failed, so i gave up, and the pow was crap anyway.  switched to my hero after that and we just took a few more runs and called it a day, it was boring.  oh well.

small part of juneau from up on west ridge

west ridge looking down into west bowl

i cant even tell where this is

yeeeeeeeeah...

Duneluder View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/31/2008 at 7:12pm
OOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!

Day 1: FINALLY! woohoo! I got to go to Mt. Baker in WA with my brother and his friend.

It was my first day out in about 7 months so I was a little bit nervous at first because last season I was getting the hang of carving pretty well near the end of it, so I wasn't sure if I would pick it back up.

But I did! it all came back and I even got better I think throughout the day. I was able to carve going faster and on steeper areas so that was pretty cool. I also got to try out my new Lib Tech TRS BTX which was needless to say, AWESOME! held edges really really well, floated right on the powder and NEVER clipped an edge, I am officially in love with this board!

The snow was probably the best I have ever ridden on. The groomed runs had a few inches of powder on them all day long which was nice for those times I did cartwheels haha, and on the edges of the runs were big areas of powder, Im pretty bad at riding powder right now but I dip in for a few yards every once in a while.

My brother started snowboarding last season and is almost at my level so we stuck together most of the day which was cool.

The only bad part was it being so crowded, most crowded it has ever been, had to constant worry about hitting people on the slopes so that kinda sucked, but it was still pretty cool. I would have gone again today, but it being my first time up and being very out of shape I was VERY exhausted and mucsles are hurting like crazy today, so its time to rest a little and then get back up on that horse.

all in all, a very successful day. Big%20smileClapSmile

Educator
Educator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/01/2009 at 2:57am
WoW! Those pics are amazing Spenser. I cant wait to go to Alaska.
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/02/2009 at 3:25pm
day 21, hero

6+ inches of fresh blower pow this morning, but it was hard underneath, so the good stuff wasnt that good.  sidehits are starting to get good though so it was a fun groomer sidehit day.

http://www.vimeo.com/2702599
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/02/2009 at 9:22pm
addition to my day, i did this eurocarve down by the lift going as fast as i could in that area (not steep obviously, didnt have as much speed as usual) and hooked this huuuuuuge curve, probably 3/4 of a full circle, absolutely perfectly round, and the rut was like 2 inches deep in the groomers.

thing holds and edge like... your favorite metaphor.
Kevin View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/03/2009 at 9:49am
^spenser, what thing?

day 10
Not a good day.  It snowed for about 3 inches in the morning.  there were too many people on the slopes and the lift lines were 20+ minutes long, so I went over to the backside with moguls.  They were fun, because they weren't sheet ice...

I ate a muffin on the lift, and kept on boarding.  By 1 PM, there were too many people everywhere.  It really wasn't snowboarding... more like dodge little children and idiots going in that annoying zigzags 2 mph EVERYWhere, including the hardest slopes.

All the new snow has been pushed over to the side, and it's icy everywhere.  I can barely make turns without having 5 people ahead of me stop right in front. 

Didn't want to do any park, because my wrist's still sprained.
Stopped at 3 pm.  shattiest day ever.
K8sgotgame View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/03/2009 at 9:56am
Day 7 or 8?

Got a few inches of fresh but it was pretty much sitting on hardpack and ice.  Had to stay on some of the lesser known terrain that's harder to get to so I didn't get run into.  Still holiday crowds although the lift lines were still not even 4-5 minutes.  I almost had two men down when I rode the lift up with a 5 and 6 y/o in ski school.  Too short, had to lift them both onto the chair.  Good times, I always forget how funny little kids are.
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/03/2009 at 11:36am
hero
rocheezy View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/03/2009 at 2:41pm
Day 10-Liberty: More of the same. More carving heelside and heel-to-tie side action. I always get nervous on the first few runs--especially today since my board was freshly waxed and a bunch slicker on the snow. Got the hang of it though.

It was REALLY crowded today. I considered going to Whitetail but one of the guys at Pitcrew suggested that it'd be pretty crowded. Even Liberty was packed with really long lines. =0/

I get nervous when there are too many people around me still. I'll stop and wait til people pass me (which I'm sure bugs the hell out of them). whoops. Hopesfully I'll be more comfortable with speed soon.

spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2009 at 3:58pm
day 22
fish for a few runs, then hero till last chair

lots of snow, not cold (id rather it be colder), lots of fun.  did a lot of sidehits and other pillow and cliff hits and all that stuff.  super fun day

but i lost my camera in the snow.  one more stupid thing thats happened in just this last week or so.  everything i own is breaking or getting lost or whatever, its starting to really get to me.  its all happening at once.

but its alright, i wasnt that bummed for some reason, and i forgot about it and had a blast the rest of the day.

too bad, i had a ridercam with my wide angle from this morning on my fish.
Educator
Educator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2009 at 8:15pm
Wow, that sucks. Whats breaking?
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2009 at 8:59pm
car in many ways, computer, personal troubles, life troubles, and even too much snow, which is only bad when im not snowboarding... three feet at my house right now and still dumping.. its getting excessive.  i mean, sure, i love it... but when i get stuck in my driveway for a half hour two days in a row, it starts to bother me.

other things too, but its all good

and i have a new camera on the way, bought the same one.  bit the bullet, gotta have a camera.  im going to run out of money soon, maybe this snowboard bum thing isnt gonna last through the whole season.  oh well.
Educator
Educator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2009 at 9:03pm
Hopefully it only gets better for you. I wish I had 3 feet of snow at my house right nowLOL. Im also still looking for a freaking job. Im hoping that once the silly season is over and people start going back to school that some job vacancies will pop up.
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2009 at 9:06pm
im there right now, everyones back in school, so jobs open up.  but then again, a lot of the jobs that the younger croud takes when theyre out of school for the summer are the tourist jobs, which are only open in the summer..

i dont even know what i wanna do.  i kinda want to do something with music.  not necessarily being a musician professionally, but producing or something.  and/or be a carpenter.  old style furniture and woodworking.. something cool about that.

in the meantime, im loving the snowboarding.  today was so good.
Educator
Educator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2009 at 9:17pm
Have you thought about music teaching? If you did a few exams and got your technical/theory work up to scratch you can make good money from teaching private lessons. My family are nearly all musicians and a lot of us teach private lessons. I did it for a bit but it wasnt really my thing. My Mum does it 4 nights a week as well as teaching music class at the local school. It has also lead me onto other payed work such as playing in the orchestra of theater productions.

spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2009 at 9:26pm
yeah that would be a cool thing i guess.  i mean.. im really not into the technical and "paper" side of music, i just play by ear and learn new chords when i have to.  i also dont know how i feel about being a teacher, but you never know.  music is a passion i guess, so teaching a passion is different than just "teaching" in general.

i think it would be cool to produce/record and do studio stuff, work with musicians, and play with them too, and be my own musician as well, which is what ive been doing at home for a few years.. recording anyway.  ive been doing music since i was old enough to talk.
ste_funny View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2009 at 9:40pm
day 5:  conditions were great, found some awesome off trail powder runs at heavenly.  did a face plant followed by a back flip LOL  explored more of the mountain, and realized how much we hate flats.

a shot of the california trail before we did some off trail riding

coming down the lift

spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2009 at 12:46pm
day 23, fish in the morning, hero for the rest of the day till 1

tired from yesterday.  lots of good pow and good side hits.  first front 5 of the season, big floaty front 3s, thats about it.
Kaptn Krunch View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2009 at 2:27pm
Didn't see this till today, so I'll start with day #9

Day 9:

Hit Keystone and surprisingly it wasn't too crowded at all, which was a change from Dec 30th when the place was uber packed to the max.  About 3" of fresh pow had fallen that morning and I got 1st tracks.  I was riding the Capita Stairmaster 156W, which isn't the best choice for pow...But whatever, boarding is boarding and it's fun no matter what. 

By lunch time, the pow was all used up so we headed over to the park.  The place was nearly deserted (which shocked me since it was a Saturday).  Must have lapped the park 10 - 12x before I fell off the big boy rail and hit my ass pretty hard on the way down.  I am very thankful that I was wearing my crash pants. 

After that, we called it a day (had been riding for 6 hours by then) and took 1 last mogul run down to the bottom (did I mention that I love moguls).

I can't wait for my bonus to get here so I can buy a Horrorscope or a Bataleon Evil Twin...Or both.  Smile
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2009 at 5:13pm
hero
short day
cold
not feeling it

lift is broken and they have to order parts, so no snowboarding unless i stay on the smaller lift.
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2009 at 2:43pm
day 25
fish all day

basically, today was the best day of the season.  the big lift was closed cause its broken, so we were on the small one all day, but DAMN what a fun day.  snow was amazing, deep, fast, perfect.  shredded like a race course through the trees in the pow, huge airs into pow, amazing.. surfing, slashing, tailgrabs, everything was so good.

two of my friends took a run each on my fish and were blown away.  neither of them have ridden a tapered board, they both ride twins/almost twins with basically centered stances.  theyre converted.

and this was the first day i rode from opening to closing, all day long, never got tired and never had any pain anywhere whatsoever.

the perfect day?  pretty much
Educator
Educator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2009 at 3:31pm
^I hate summer.Its phucked.
rocheezy View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2009 at 5:04pm
Day 11-Liberty: Met up with a friend from work and some of her friends. It's kind of frustrating being the slowest one down the mountain, but they've all been boarding longer than I have. I went up to the very top of the mountain for the first time this season--I did a couple of the green runs coming down. They're steeper than the frontside runs, and definitely not as groomed as the front.

Day 12-Liberty: Went to hang out with another chick from work, her husband, and a friend of theirs. Her husband is just getting back into snowboarding and their friend is just learning. They're both faster than me, but the friend wiped out more than I did. One run, I wasn't the last person down. It was the second to last run tonight, and it was amazing. The second half of the mountain I rode down regular and went much faster and felt more controlled than riding goofy. The last one was faster than normal, too, but not as smooth as the one before it. So excited for going out tomorrow!!! Big%20smile
kimchijajonshim View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Bear Hugs!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2009 at 6:39pm
Day 5, Heavenly:
There's been something about this season so far... things just seem to have clicked for me.  I'm carving deeper, charging harder, and trying more things, whether it be simple grabs, 180s at speed, hitting bigger jumps, tackling rails, hitting steeper terrain, jumping into the bumps, etc. 

I've done it on a bunch of different boards and bindings too, cambered, reverse cambered, stiff, soft, you name it, so it doesn't have to do with gear.  I think my "eff it, just focus on riding" philosophy has helped tremendously, even as I jump on as many boards as I can manage.  The fact that I'm in the best shape of my life probably doesn't hurt, either.

There's a girl I was riding with today, towards the end of last year she was burning me every run... today I was easily pacing her and actually had to speed check consistently to keep from getting ahead of her (since she was the only person who knew where we were going).

Few downers:

A.) I need to learn to stop hitting lips on edge.  A few times today I was a bit overzealous in trying to line up on a jump too late and didn't flatten out the base in time... results were not pretty.  Think a bruise is cooking up on my ass, hahahaha.

B.) My friend had a pretty bad crash.  She's ok, but she has a contusion on her head (no concussion, thankfully) and cut up her shin pretty bad.  She was sitting out for about half the day.  No bueno!

All in all, though, it was an excellent freaking day.
ROLL ON, BISHES.
rocheezy View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2009 at 1:49pm
Day 13-Liberty: Boarded by myself for a few hours. Fell a few times but nothing big--I did fall coming off the lift once which made me feel like an idiot though.

The last three runs were the most amazing ever, though! They were faster and more confident. The steeper hill--a blue--had a few small bumps/jumps in them. I never got airborne but I didn't crash coming over them at speed. Went to the top again for the last run, and kept my confidence and speed up. Yay! I left feeling pretty good.
Mike.M View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
OUTSIDE MY DECK

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/12/2009 at 10:18am
Northstar is FUN! From last wed and this wed will be better!

ste_funny View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/12/2009 at 12:48pm
day 6:  heavenly.  icy, warm conditions.  tried to do some tree runs.  jeff purposely tried to kill me and broke my helmet. LOL
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/12/2009 at 12:50pm
Day 11 Breck then Keystone.  Finally starting to learn some ground tricks and tackle bigger jumps.  
www.chargeharder.com
rocheezy View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2009 at 3:11pm
Day 14: Liberty-only stayed for a couple hours, but when I got there around 3, it was pretty empty which was sweet. We only got 3 inches of natural snow, but they blew a ton overnight and all/most of the blowers were on before/during/after me getting there.

I didn't really try any new stuff like I thought I would--ended up just trying to get used to the powder. There were a bunch of natural hills on the runs I could have tried jumps off, but I was still a bit nervous. Conditions were pretty decent, but it was super cold (about 20 degrees) on top of the snowblowing. Dead

Riding and carving definitely felt pretty natural though. Big%20smile
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2009 at 5:35pm
day... 26.  hero.  wish i brought my horrorscope.  CRAP snow.  the video will explain.  still fun.  grey goosin' it a little.

http://www.vimeo.com/2856031

rocheezy View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2009 at 5:44pm
^^ haha. "hot sex on your forehead." LOL
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2009 at 1:56pm
horrorscope
slush and ice
rode for a couple hours, barely

trewyn15 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2009 at 2:04pm
ive had about 5 days in so far, heading up this saturday, i dont have much for pics, im sure i could find a few, nothing really new so far tho
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2009 at 3:54pm
JPhillips531 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2009 at 3:58pm

6 days total for me to date. Goal is 30-40, but once I go back up north to college in the mountains ill be going 3 days a week or more

[URL=http://rossignol.searchpluswin.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=312583][IMG]http://prodegebanners.sitegrip.com/images/rossignol-468x60.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
lursan View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2009 at 4:25pm
This is Day 2 and 3 at Mammoth during New Years week. Basically the first time getting some good boarding in. Thought I'd share the little footage I got. The second half is silent and just us on the way up in the gondola to the top of the mtn (Filmed this part more to show my parents how it is up there n just decided to throw it in). I threw in some pics in between there, so yea just thought I'd share. There's nothing crazy or impressive. I'm not that good at park, and as you can see none of us know how to point and shoot, so couldn't catch anything of us just riding. yea. Hope you enjoy, if you don't like the music watch it silent, I just figured I'd take out all the bs noise and chatter.

I'm the first person u see wearing white, n my cousin is also wearing a white jacket, but I'm always going first. My bro is in the brown jacket, but he's in the learning process a little still. Not that I'm any better. I'm the one bending over tying my shoes in the gondola.
Enjoy!

EDIT: should work now
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2009 at 4:29pm
make it public, its private
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>