Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 124125126127128 146>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jigkidd View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
TWISTER!

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jigkidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: All things SPORTS
    Posted: Jul/24/2012 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by Geez

Penn State deserves every punishment handed down on them.  What happened on that campus is disturbing and heinous on so many levels.

Having said that, the grandstanding by the NCAA is nauseating.  Like the NCAA itself isn't completely corrupt.
I feel that the players shouldn't suffer for what the staff did.
I hope they don't take away bowl eligibility.

other news, I was hoping to see how USA basketball would fare against Spain with the Gasol brothers, unfortunately Marc, sat out the exhibition with a shoulder injury.
USA as usual goes undefeated in exhibition.
Long hair don't care!
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/25/2012 at 7:43am
You're a little late to the argument, sir. They're bowl banned for 4 years.
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/25/2012 at 9:20pm
Im stoked for the olympics to start-i know not everyone gets into them but im always invested-especially in the swimming
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2012 at 5:33am
It's kinda strange how women's soccer started yesterday before the opening ceremony. Not sure why that is but found it to be kinda strange.

Also not diggin the look of the 2012 Olympics logo - looks like something straight out of the 80's.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2012 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by Von44

It's kinda strange how women's soccer started yesterday before the opening ceremony. Not sure why that is but found it to be kinda strange.

They need to start early in order to have full tournaments for both the men and women with enough rest between the matches. There's probably some juggling of different venues too.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2012 at 4:48pm
Ah the Olympics, the only time every four years that I care about swimming.  USA! 
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2012 at 6:24pm

Ah the Olympics, the only time every four years that I care about swimming.  USA! 
aaand
Track and Field,
Ping Pong,
Water Polo,
Diving,
or any other ridiculous "sport" that the U.S. is competing in.  WOOOOO!!!
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/27/2012 at 6:33pm
Opening Ceremonies are always fun, it's basically a checklist of all the places I want to visit.  I was interested to see that they allow certain athletes to march under the olympic flag... like the guy who refused to march for sudan.
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2012 at 8:28pm
Anyone into shooting clays, shooting rifles/handguns on here? Im thinking about starting a thread for people to discuss the thrills of shooting
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2012 at 9:06am
Good idea, Tim. There's a ton of outdoors(wo)men around here; surely you'd have a following. I enjoy shooting. Generally just targets though; not really into the hunting thing.GF has a glock, I'd like to pick something up in the near future and go out n murder some coffee cans with her :)
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2012 at 3:15pm
Dude im the same way-im strickly paper targets and plinking for rifles and handguns and clay targets for my shorgun. I dont have it in me to kill intellegent animals but im not gonna discriminate against those that do
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2012 at 6:47pm
Can't wait to watch a little beach vball tmw. Canada vs Norway. Should be a good match.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2012 at 7:22am
Originally posted by timpiper

Dude im the same way-im strickly paper targets and plinking for rifles and handguns and clay targets for my shorgun. I dont have it in me to kill intellegent animals but im not gonna discriminate against those that do

Yah, if i could guarantee a first-shot kill, i might be a lil more open to it; but if im off a bit and have to finish it off close range, i couldn't do it. I do loves me some venison though... quite a conundrum!

Can't wait to watch a little beach vball tmw. Canada vs Norway. Should be a good match.

You're in it for to watch the men dig sand from their Speedos, right? ;) Kidding, of course. I'll watch a match on occasion, but i'd much prefer playing it! I suck terribly, but its fun to dive around n play. No places in town with a beach setup though and grass just isnt the same. :(
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2012 at 10:30am
^oh yeah, nothing like a couple of greased up men in speedos slappin a ball.

nah, I enjoy playing more than watching of course, but I have a highschool friend representing Canada in men's beach volleyball so I gotta show some support.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/01/2012 at 7:10am
That's really cool, Von. I only saw about 15 seconds of a match yesterday as i got back into the lobby at work from my afternoon walk.

In other olympic news... 8 chicks in Olympic badminton were DQ'ed for trying to lose. Way to represent!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/01/2012 at 7:20am
^They got a tough match later against Brazil so fingers crossed for my boy!

Yeah also heard about that scandal. So that's how China gets all those gold and silver medals! lol
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Online Status: Online
  Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/01/2012 at 3:09pm
Aussies recalled after the badminton disqualifications so I'm happy about that. Reading up on the issue it seems China have been involved in some questionable matches for years
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/02/2012 at 7:55am
Originally posted by mj2delmenico

Aussies recalled after the badminton disqualifications so I'm happy about that. Reading up on the issue it seems China have been involved in some questionable matches for years

Not terribly surprising. It would be doubtful that teams trying to flop their way into a better matchup would make their first attempt just this year. Hope a precedent is set here.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/02/2012 at 5:48pm
I don't understand what the big deal is... North American sports teams do it all the time, whether it is NBA or NFL.  The Phils didn't do it last year to close out the season and ended up beating the Braves to secure a matchup with the ... the Cardinals, and we know how that turned out.  The goal is to win a gold medal, right?
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/03/2012 at 7:03am

I don't understand what the big deal is... North American sports teams do it all the time, whether it is NBA or NFL.  The Phils didn't do it last year to close out the season and ended up beating the Braves to secure a matchup with the ... the Cardinals, and we know how that turned out.  The goal is to win a gold medal, right?
Of course that's the goal but there's this little thing called "sportsmanship" which is what the olympics are ultimately about. Having athletes represent their country while performing at the highest level. Not have them sandbag a match to set them up for an easier route to the podium.

And how does that work in the NFL? If you lose a game in the playoffs you're done.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/03/2012 at 7:11am
I'll agree to a certain extent. Playing in a softball tourney this weekend, and our team isnt terribly talented. So if we lose the first game, we're going to tank the second in order to be thrown int o the beer bracket. THat will provide us games where we can actually compete, and possibly play a few extras, rather than being 3-and-done. But NFL/NBA/Pro sports generally accept that if a team can get a more favorable matchup later by losing a game, they will. Also why when a team is 3 games ahead in a division with 2 to go, they sit their starters for the remainder of the season. Fans don't like watching the bench get slaughtered, but they like less injuries that take their team out of the playoffs (see: Derrick Rose, 2012 NBA Playoffs).
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/03/2012 at 8:11am

Of course that's the goal but there's this little thing called "sportsmanship" which is what the olympics are ultimately about. Having athletes represent their country while performing at the highest level. Not have them sandbag a match to set them up for an easier route to the podium.

And how does that work in the NFL? If you lose a game in the playoffs you're done.

The thing is, the badminton players were doing in the round robin rounds (like regular season), not elimination rounds (like the playoffs). So, they're doing the same thing that the NFL or NBA teams do, resting/tanking in order to have better success in the elimination rounds. Japan's women's soccer team did the same so they wouldn't have to fly 300 miles for the next match so they can be better rested. I blame the system that they put in that would give an advantage to losing teams. The players are just doing what would give them the best chance of winning within that system. And winning Gold is what the Olympics are about, that sportsmanship thing is just propaganda.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/03/2012 at 10:48am

I think the NFL it would be tougher because there are so few teams, and winning a division allows certain perks (home games, etc.).  I know the Sixers and Grizz did it in the NBA this year.

In other news... Mayweather is out of prison!  Any chance they filmed a Mayweather/Prison 24/7?
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/04/2012 at 3:50pm
I hope not-mayweather gets too much attention as it is
RastaRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RastaRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/04/2012 at 3:58pm
Man first 2 fights of UFC have not disappointed
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/05/2012 at 4:45am
Mayweather's out already!? That was quick.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/05/2012 at 3:02pm
Played in a softball tourney this weekend. First game was 12:15 am saturday morning; second was 9:30 am Saturday morning; third was 1:30 am sunday morning. Unfortunately we didn't win any of them (our pick-up team played some very solid teams for the first 2 games, then errors proved fatal in the third (7-error, 11-run first inning)). But i had a blast all the same. Lookin forward to doin it next year.
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/06/2012 at 10:57am
I heard vilma from the saints can reduce his season long suspension to 8 games if he drops his lawsuit, haha
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/10/2012 at 6:25am
How does L.A. always get a top flight player for a lot less? I know they gave up Bynum, but he is not Howard. 
cheemaster View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote cheemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/10/2012 at 10:48am
Originally posted by HAVEN2135

How does L.A. always get a top flight player for a lot less? I know they gave up Bynum, but he is not Howard. 

yeah.... that is pretty crazy... I don't know why they would let this happen... oh well lakers and heat in the finals
RastaRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RastaRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/10/2012 at 11:09am
Then you see what magic got in return and it makes you wonder even more. Afflalo, Harrington, Vucevic and 3 protected first rounders. But hey it's better than the nothing they woulda got when Howard walked at the end of the season.

So stoked the Nuggets got Iguodala though so I'm not complaining
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/15/2012 at 7:42pm
U.S. soccer gets their first win in Mexico.  However it was a slow and boring game.
Snowboardr13 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Snowboardr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2012 at 3:30am
Sticking my dick in your mom
ShredDatPow View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ShredDatPow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2012 at 3:31am
^^^^^^ Bro there is no need for that, this is a sports thread.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2012 at 3:51am
Originally posted by Snowboardr13

Sticking my dick in your mom

WTF are you talking about?  Whether this is a Sports thread or not your post was tasteless, crude, unnecessary and basically is a steaming pile of shit.

Can someone please SPAM Snowboardr13's post?

And Snowboardr13, please try to conduct yourself as a mature member of the forum.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2012 at 6:54am
well..some people do consider having sex a sport...or hunting for tails a sport...Ouch
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2012 at 7:00am
Originally posted by lightning80

well..some people do consider having sex a sport...or hunting for tails a sport...Ouch

Or cougar hunting, especially Canadian cougars.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2012 at 10:11am
LOL. wait. Methinks we got off-track here. I'm an avid Wazzu fan and ex-student, and when i was attending, A&F put out a shirt that was like "Loving cougars is not a crime". I went on a mission to buy it, but they had already gone all cali-size by that point, and I had no need for a belly shirt lol. :(
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/18/2012 at 7:04pm
In an unrelated story... We had our second round of playoff games for slowpitch on Thursday. We won both so we play in the semi's on Monday. Unfortunately we will be short a player. Tyler (our shortstop) got hit with a ball sliding into second base. It was thrown in from an outfielder, and the second baseman was not able to put a mitt on the ball before it hit Tyler in the beanbag. It ruptured his left testicle and it had to be surgically removed later that night. :|. Be careful out there, guys!
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2012 at 2:17pm
California lost in the little league worldseries. Now they gotta win out.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/20/2012 at 6:08am
Originally posted by j_lucky84

In an unrelated story... We had our second round of playoff games for slowpitch on Thursday. We won both so we play in the semi's on Monday. Unfortunately we will be short a player. Tyler (our shortstop) got hit with a ball sliding into second base. It was thrown in from an outfielder, and the second baseman was not able to put a mitt on the ball before it hit Tyler in the beanbag. It ruptured his left testicle and it had to be surgically removed later that night. :|. Be careful out there, guys!
OUCHHH!!!! Oh dear god that sucks!! Hope your buddy is alright? My question is, why wasn't he wearing protective equipment? I know its softball but its still a game involving a ball where players throw it around as hard as they can. Best of luck in tonight's game and ALL THE BEST TO YOUR BUDDY!!!
dvdngu View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote dvdngu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/20/2012 at 6:42am

Originally posted by j_lucky84

OUCHHH!!!! Oh dear god that sucks!! Hope your buddy is alright? My question is, why wasn't he wearing protective equipment? I know its softball but its still a game involving a ball where players throw it around as hard as they can. Best of luck in tonight's game and ALL THE BEST TO YOUR BUDDY!!!
I winced reading that.. Dead and best of luck as well!
I'm fairly sure not that many people wear too much safety gear (or feel the need to) in a game of slowpitch. but accidents DO happen Cry
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/20/2012 at 6:47am
ouch...losing a left nut because of slowpitch softball...that's going to go well at the bar trying to pick up girls...Ouch
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/20/2012 at 7:25am

I haven't seen him yet, but he's posted a few things on facebook and seems to be doing well.
I was thinking the same thing about the cup! He's a SS for god sakes! If anyone should have one, it should be him! I'm an outfielder and never really felt the need to wear one.. unfortunately the grass in our outfields is lumpy as all hell, and a ball took a really quick bad hop and got me once... Then that team chose to repeatedly hit it at me knowing i was hobbling. lol Lesson learned!

Originally posted by lightning80

ouch...losing a left nut because of slowpitch softball...that's going to go well at the bar trying to pick up girls...Ouch

He's a notorious ladies man.. so he'll prolly find a way to use it to his advantage. "I'm more anatomically aerodynamic!" lol
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2012 at 10:20am
I often played the third bag in softball and have taken some crazy bounces in my day too. I think I'd rather take 100 bad hops to the face than take one to the nut.
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2012 at 2:22pm
Im stoked for the us open of tennis as i am each year but im dissapointed to see rapha out and uncertain for the future
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/22/2012 at 10:19am
Did you see the news about the US Open ump that killed her husband with a coffe cup? Sounds like a game of Clue...
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/22/2012 at 2:02pm
Haha, lightning. I saw that story when i took my lunch break today. I was totally thinking "Did she do it in the library?". Also.. my friends n i had a pretty good time recreating the dialog that might have brought that entire scenario on. "I told you 2 creams, you old hag!"
But who gives a rat's ass that she's a US Open Ump! She could just as easily be a butcher, a baker, a candlestick maker.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/24/2012 at 4:45am
The kids from petaluma, ca do it again. Little league world series is news here in the bay area.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/24/2012 at 7:12am
Lance Armstrong is no longer fighting the doping allegations. But, didn't sombody just drop those charges not long ago?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 124125126127128 146>