All things SPORTS

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 127128129130131 145>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: All things SPORTS
    Posted: Oct/10/2012 at 9:34pm
Jay-z has had no impact on the yankees image-theyre a brand well above his standing and in no need of his advertising if you will. Ill give jay-z his due credit though when i see the notable and overall improvement of all things nets basketball
giftedhands View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Quote giftedhands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2012 at 9:49pm
Wrong. Jay-Z made the Yankee hat a nationwide icon, and the Yankees wanted his advertising so much that they decided to do a deal with Jay-Z's clothing line. 
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2012 at 4:42am
So much into Giants/A's last night. I actually forgot the was football. Weird.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2012 at 8:29pm
The A's just missed on completing a great bay area comeback-bummed they didnt beat the tigers yesterday
MikeD13559 View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MikeD13559 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2012 at 9:10pm
Verlander was way too much for anyone last night.  There was no hope after he got going.  I'm glad he could take it the distance and leave valverde out of it after his blow up in the previous game.
I don't think I'm bad... I don't box, no karate... just here to make friends with everybody
shing02 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote shing02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2012 at 11:37pm
now that the cardinals won, this sunday in sf is gonne be freaking crazy...
nike women's marathon, and TWO giants games (sf giants and ny giants ;D)

on another note, i hope the nyg get destroyed and completely outplayed ;D
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/13/2012 at 12:52am
Should be a good game between the giants and 9ers. I'd take the 9ers at home so long as they can smash out some good runs to slow the rush
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/14/2012 at 4:43pm
Go away Joe Buck! He called the Niner game and they got blown out, now the Giants are getting blown out. You're bad luck.
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/14/2012 at 9:49pm
What the hell happened to not only the niners but also the texans??? Two great teams looking like b squads
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/14/2012 at 10:15pm
The Texans D looked second rate, will be interesting to see if it's a one off or if Cushing really makes that big of a difference
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/15/2012 at 4:25am
Not a good day for bay area sports yesterday... Sigh...
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/15/2012 at 4:33am
Originally posted by solocreep

It was a good weekend for Motor City sports:  Tigers go up 2 games to none in the ALCS against the dreaded Yankees (even with the Valverde melt down in Game 1).  Lions come from behind to defeat the dreaded Eagles in Philly in OT.  The Lions still look sloppy and played some undisciplined football yesterday but a win is a win.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/15/2012 at 6:51am
Originally posted by ctoma

It was a good weekend for Motor City sports:  Tigers go up 2 games to none in the ALCS against the dreaded Yankees (even with the Valverde melt down in Game 1).  Lions come from behind to defeat the dreaded Eagles in Philly in OT.  The Lions still look sloppy and played some undisciplined football yesterday but a win is a win.

Lots of "dreaded"ness in that list! But you're exactly, right. At the end of the season, it's the number in the W column that makes or breaks a team. And it certainly at times, it did look ugly, but they stuck with it and beat a pretty good Eagle team.

And Detroit going back to Michigan up 2-0 on the yanks is just music to my ears. Yeah, yeah, the ump completely missed a call that allowed the Tigers to tack a couple more runs on, but that doesn't negate the fact that the Bronx "bombers" were unable to score a run off of Detroit. Same argument applies, 3-0 or 1-0, a win's a win.
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2012 at 9:42pm
The vast majority of LA laker fans residing in la, its suburbs and orange county dont have time warner cable and thus will only see games broadcasted nationally on espn or tnt due to the team's new exclusive tv deal with time warner-what a travesty
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/25/2012 at 4:28am
So the Niners play Monday night and so do the SF giants. Decisions, decisions... Hope the giants sweep the tigers so I won't have to choose.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/25/2012 at 4:35am
Well, if SF sweeps Det we can expect some changes in Det.  I'm hoping against that, here's to the Tigers winning the next 4 games!!!  Besides, my in-laws are taking my son to Game 3 and he wants to see the Tigers bring home a W.
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/25/2012 at 6:43am
Game 2 tonight! Props to Pablo, Zito and Timmy last night. I see ctoma and I are to be mortal enemies, until the end of the series. Tigers are going down, brochacho.
Shop smart... Shop S-Mart.
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/25/2012 at 7:42pm
Nba starts in less than a week-im ready!!
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/26/2012 at 4:44am
Again, cuz of the world series... There was football last night? It's nucking futs here in SF.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/26/2012 at 6:25am
Originally posted by timpiper

Nba starts in less than a week-im ready!!

Too soon, Tim. TOOOOOOO soon! Four months (June 21 - Oct 30, 2012) is too short a break! :P
Only the NHL has that short span of time between seasons (though, with the lockout, that span will increase this year). Even with the most games played in a season, the MLB will break for 5 months; (Oct 28 - Nov 1, when the WS ends) until March 31, 2013. The NFL breaks for 7 months (Feb 5 - Sept 5, 2012).

But I digress... are you gonna start the 2012-2013 nba thread, or has someone already done it? lol
shing02 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote shing02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/26/2012 at 10:50pm

Again, cuz of the world series... There was football last night? It's nucking futs here in SF.

if the giants make it to game 5, that monday is gonna be FREAKING CHAOTIC...

also the sea of orange and red's the same color as vomit...really bad vomit...
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2012 at 7:46am
Originally posted by shing02

Um.. what?!  Your wording is really confusing there. It sounds as if you're suggesting the Giants might be eliminated by that point (which is of course statistically impossible).
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2012 at 12:04pm
Who does everyone think is going to the BCS Bowl this year?
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2012 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by cds4288

Who does everyone think is going to the BCS Bowl this year?

There is a college football thread for this :). It's been kinda dead recently so feel free to check it out. Nevertheless, my guess for the Championship game would be Bama and Kansas State.
The BCS favors the SEC, so assuming Bama keeps winning, they'll be in it for sure. If they don't and Florida does, swap them in the game.
K-State has played very well this season, and I think if they keep it up, I believe they'll take the 2-spot from Florida.
Oregon's chances diminished greatly today. Despite beating Colorado handily, their strenth of schedule isn't convinving. Worse yet, their game against USC next weekend lost a lot of importance today, as the Trojans lost to Zona. (Zona has an awful defense, but they do score very regularly. USC should have tried to slow the game down, and keep Zona's defense on the field. Turning the game into a shoot out was a BAD idea, and the results show that.)
If Notre Dame can finish the season undefeated, they deserve a shot at the title. But they do have an absolutely brutal schedule, and I'm not sure theyre quite deep enough to finish it out 12-0.
shing02 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote shing02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2012 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by j_lucky84

Originally posted by shing02

Um.. what?!  Your wording is really confusing there. It sounds as if you're suggesting the Giants might be eliminated by that point (which is of course statistically impossible).

oh, i was referring to the 49ers game that will happen the same day and time...would've been interesting if they were both playing at home but either way, something huge would happen in sf if both teams won, haha
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2012 at 4:05am
Football in the morning, world series at night. Could be a special day.
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2012 at 7:57am
Anyone else think Zooey Deshanel (sp?) sang the national anthem like crap last night? They really should have had the 7th inning stretch lady sing it- much stronger voice.
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2012 at 8:30am
I cant bring myself to talk poorly of zooey deschanel
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2012 at 4:13am
Well, at least the lions won for Detroit.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2012 at 7:32am
Yeah! The Lions are the least disappointing team in the Motor City! LOL (The Redwings don't really count, as hockey isn't being played yet heh).
Sweeps in the WS are so... boring.
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2012 at 8:05am

I cant bring myself to talk poorly of zooey deschanel
Just try it once. You might like it. Tell you what, the first one's on me, then I'm gonna have to start charging you.
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2012 at 8:18am
Does anyone wakeboard? If so, what type board and boat setup do you have?
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2012 at 12:47pm
Ronix Relik boots and Ronix Parks ATR edition
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2012 at 6:20am
SF owns Detroit. Niners beat Lions and Giants beat Tigers.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2012 at 5:31am
^just need the warriors to beat the pistons to complete the trifecta.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2012 at 6:38am
For those interested in NCAA Bball (only 8 days away!), i created the 2012/13 NCAA Basketball Thread.
Feel free to check it out :)
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2012 at 11:31am
@von44, the warriors play in Oakland. That doesn't count.
damiendaz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
On top of the China Bowl @ Vail

Quote damiendaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/05/2012 at 7:27am
All I have to say is DA BEARS!!!
No, she gets a special cologne... It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good....They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time.
Lyedroth View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Lyedroth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/08/2012 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by damiendaz

Yeah they are going to the super bowl this year with the falcons/Texans
Cooperla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Cooperla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/08/2012 at 12:48pm
How are the Bears going to end up in a Superbowl with the Falcons?
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/08/2012 at 9:09pm
I have a hard time believing the falcons can make the superbowl after having not yet won a playoff game with matt ryan as their quarterback
letourneau41 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Good Day In The Backcountry

Quote letourneau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2012 at 8:57am
Originally posted by Lyedroth

Originally posted by damiendaz

Yeah they are going to the super bowl this year with the falcons/Texans

I'm not sure you exactly know the conference alignments.  The Falcons and Bears are both in the NFC.  Texans AFC.  The Bears can't play the Falcons in the Super Bowl.
"Sign up for the Daily give away at Thrive. http://www.thrivesnowboards.com/rp/66964"
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2012 at 9:01am
yup yup very true. It will be the bears vs. the falcons for the division title then off to the superbowl. I am pulling for m fav team, which is the bears, but i wouldnt mind if either the bears or falcons won this year. However i do prefer da bears for sure and they will most likely put in on the falcons.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2012 at 4:07pm
Sundays game against Houston and Chitown should be pretty intense. I've got Houston picked in it, but I'm REALLY on the fence about that one. Chitown has had a lot of success in forcing turnovers and capitalizing. Houston really has been quite good at securing the ball. If the Texans can keep from shooting themselves in the foot, it should be a very close game.
rideclaps802 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote rideclaps802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2012 at 4:23pm
Does anyone here do ESPN Streak for Cash? check it out if you dont know what it is!
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2012 at 8:32am
Hey! No streaking in this thread! ... Unless you're female... and hot... ;)

the site is: http://streak.espn.go.com/en/
Weird rules, but worth checkin out :)
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2012 at 9:22pm

@von44, the warriors play in Oakland. That doesn't count.
oh that's right... sf doesn't have an nba team. good catch!
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2012 at 9:21pm
Anyone watching the mls playoffs? Im getting to the point where im remotely interested in the semifinals and the subsequent championship
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/13/2012 at 6:42am

Anyone watching the mls playoffs? Im getting to the point where im remotely interested in the semifinals and the subsequent championship

I haven't, but was happy to see Seattle's in it! Though, with the way their playoff structure is arranged, the 3-0 deficit to LA is gonna be almost impossible to overcome. I would assume many of these matches would be streamable on thefirstrow. I'll have to check it out this afternoon :)
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2012 at 7:29am
UFC 154 is this saturday. The return of GSP is gonna be insane at the Bell Centre! Who you got GSP or Condit?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 127128129130131 145>