All things SPORTS

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 129130131132133 144>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: All things SPORTS
    Posted: Jan/03/2013 at 7:16am
QPR with a huge upset over Chelsea to start the year! That's no good losing 3 pts at home to a last place team at the halfway mark when there's a tight battle for the last two CL spots. It'll come down to Spurs, Chealsea, and Arsenal. But still lots of play left.
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/03/2013 at 11:07am
I didn't see the game was QPR lucky were they capitalized on one chance or was it a pretty close game throughout?
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/03/2013 at 12:04pm
Chelsea had rested a few key players but still no excuse against the cellar dwellers. Chelsea had one ruled out and another just over the cross bar but QPR played well and didn't allow too many chances so deserved to win it
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2013 at 9:23am
Things are starting to bounce Liverpool's way with the new signing Sturridge getting a goal, and then Suarez getting away with a blatant handball to score the winner.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2013 at 10:15am
I still wonder what NBA would look like if the Lakers got CP3 like they were SUPPPOSE to. Commiss is full of it
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2013 at 11:48am
NHL lockout is over but something tells me that nobody will give a damn with the NFL playoffs currently going on.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2013 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by Von44

NHL lockout is over but something tells me that nobody will give a damn with the NFL playoffs currently going on.

Forgot hockey was even locked out.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/07/2013 at 8:08pm
Haha nhl is an after thought for many people. Bucks and Skiles splitting ways in the NBA apparently a mutual decision
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2013 at 1:55pm
People don't like to see lockouts every 6-8 years. Hockey locked out in 1992, 1994, 2004, and again in 2012 that is crazy.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2013 at 10:00am
So no one is going into the baseball hall of fame this year. Damn u baseball purists.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2013 at 10:00am
So no one is going into the baseball hall of fame this year. Damn u baseball purists.
dvdngu View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote dvdngu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2013 at 10:14am
Originally posted by solocreep

well, I would assume that drug allegations would be a big part on the validity of the performance of a player, so is it fair for any of the three to be put in the hall of fame??
steezemisterr View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2013 at 11:17am
Pretty pumped for the hockey season to get underway. Only ten more days.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2013 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by dvdngu

well, I would assume that drug allegations would be a big part on the validity of the performance of a player, so is it fair for any of the three to be put in the hall of fame??
Yep no surprise that Bonds, Clemens or Sosa didn't get votes with the steroid use but I am surprised that Biggio got the highest amount of votes and still didn't get inducted. Maybe next year for him.
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/12/2013 at 4:12pm
Can;t wait to watch the Lance Armstrong interview with Oprah
rosati777 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Calvin and Hobbes Extreme Sports

Quote rosati777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/12/2013 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by mj2delmenico

Can;t wait to watch the Lance Armstrong interview with Oprah

Oh shit when is that?
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/12/2013 at 8:40pm
I'm calling it now: San Francisco will win both the World Series and the Super Bowl in the same year!
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/13/2013 at 8:51am
I'll take the Tigers in the world series.
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/13/2013 at 4:47pm
The interview has taken place but it is meant to air Thursday I'm pretty sure
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/13/2013 at 5:49pm

The interview has taken place but it is meant to air Thursday I'm pretty sure

Um.. what?
humblerooster View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/13/2013 at 8:19pm
Blazers had a chance to beat thunder today... I love thunder but the Blazers are my home town team. It'll be nice to see them win a great team like the Thunder
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/13/2013 at 10:07pm
I can't quote for some reason, but yeah j_lucky do a quick google search and you'll see the news. Apparently he's at ease and is ready to speak candidly about his past
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2013 at 5:48am
Originally posted by mluu003

I'm calling it now: San Francisco will win both the World Series and the Super Bowl in the same year!
Kinda late to be making that kinda call when the 9ers are heading to the NFC conf and the Giants have already won the WS!
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2013 at 12:42pm
I wonder what the real reason is why the Lakers can't play/gel well together. Is it really cuz he don't have a full roster during practice. They need more practice time together or is there other factors that are going on inside the locker room/management?
rosati777 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Calvin and Hobbes Extreme Sports

Quote rosati777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2013 at 12:59pm

I can't quote for some reason, but yeah j_lucky do a quick google search and you'll see the news. Apparently he's at ease and is ready to speak candidly about his past

Did you ever turn on the WYSIYG editor in the forum control panel?
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2013 at 1:54pm

Kinda late to be making that kinda call when the 9ers are heading to the NFC conf and the Giants have already won the WS!

I think he means both titles in the calendar year of 2013.
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2013 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by j_lucky84

I think he means both titles in the calendar year of 2013.

has this worked? I seem to have had my wires crossed, the interview has taken place now and will air this Thursday (Friday in Aus). I can't wait to watch it what a sad case for cycling's history the sport seems to be tainted year after year but Lance was always seen as the shining knight
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 7:41am
^Looks like it's gonna be a two-part special (Thursday and Friday). Absolutely despicable from what I've read so far in articles. He admitted to working with doctors to illegally procure and administer drugs. A 1000-page report indicated that he was the ring leader and forced his teammates to use drugs or be kicked off the team. I have no respect for this guy at all. He's denied steroid allegations up to this point, would it be crossing the line to question as to whether or not he even had cancer?
yaya34 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Evil Monkeys Not So Evil After All

Quote yaya34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 8:27am
Chip Kelly to the Eagles, I'm a Giants fan but I am a bit scared that they are going to keep Mike Vick now and do some damage in the NFC East.

This would be bad!!!!!!!!

YaYa
YaYa
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 12:38pm
the whole sport of cycling is a joke...everybody was doping...lance armstrong just did it better than everybody else...LOL
Soft View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Soft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 12:42pm
Is gaming a sport? What are your opinion? Chess is accounted for as an sport. You sit still in a seat, thinking strategic, kind of sounds alot like gaming to me, huh?
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by Soft

Is gaming a sport? What are your opinion? Chess is accounted for as an sport. You sit still in a seat, thinking strategic, kind of sounds alot like gaming to me, huh?

the spelling bee is on ESPN, does it make it a sport? poker too!
Soft View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Soft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by lightning80

the spelling bee is on ESPN, does it make it a sport? poker too!
Hm, good point. But what are you personal opinion? :)
360faceplant View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote 360faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 1:00pm
HOLY SH*T!!!!!!!!

Are you guys seeing the news that Manti Teo's girlfriend's death is a hoax???  Unbelievable!

EDIT: ND now claiming that Teo was a victim.  TOTAL BS!!!  He claims they hung out together after the Stanford game and that she visited him in HI.  This blew up in his face and now he has to cover his ass.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 1:02pm
Just cuz Lance was doping doesn't mean cycling is a joke. What do u have to say about all these football and baseball players. They're all taking illegal stuff. Does that make fball & baseball a joke? Same with boxing
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by rurchan

Just cuz Lance was doping doesn't mean cycling is a joke. What do u have to say about all these football and baseball players. They're all taking illegal stuff. Does that make fball & baseball a joke? Same with boxing

Majority of athletes dope. Not everyone gets caught.
Soft View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Soft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 1:08pm

Almost noone gets caught. Sad, but true.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 2:48pm

Almost noone gets caught. Sad, but true.

Exactly, and even when they do get caught, they still make it into the Hall of Fame or w/e. Now that's a joke. You just caught someone cheating and you still praise/congratulate them on their cheating efforts? aka baseball. Now that's really stupid
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 6:49pm
It seems cycling has the highest number of doping athletes though so that sport would have to have the worst reputation. Because of the demands of the sport the advantage it gives the rider is huge
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 7:25pm
If the majority of athletes are doping, then It's still "kinda like" an even playing field. Of all the dopers, Lance Armstrong, Barry Bonds, etc. Just happen to be the best in the doping era.

It's only not fair if one or two athletes were doping and the rest are not.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 3:56pm

^even if majority of athletes dope creating in a sense an "even playing field" still doesn't justify their actions. What happens to that one guy that chooses not to take anything, how's that playing field looking now?

Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 7:15pm
They should let everyone dope and make it become a competition between who has the best doping methods haha
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2013 at 3:22am
Just take cycling out as a sport. Everyone is doping. They should strip ppl of every medal/trophy. Aka USC
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2013 at 4:51pm
^If you're gonna eliminate cycling as a sport than you might as well do the same for every other sport and any form of competition. Should we eliminate baseball then?
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2013 at 4:54pm
If everyone was doping, as Lance insinuates, then he was obviously the best at it!! Not to mention his bouts with cancer along the way. Some of the things they were doing like injecting etc on the side of the road and in camper vans with the fans just outside are pretty full on
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2013 at 6:02pm
Maybe his "boosted" cancer shots didn't count as doping?  LOL
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
humblerooster View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2013 at 7:47pm
Maria Sharapova is beasting through her opponents at the Australian Open. I don't watch many girl sports but she is so good. Won her last match 6-1 6-0.. Beast!
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2013 at 10:05pm
Sharapova is smashing everyone but I still can;t watch her for that incessant moaning and grunting
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2013 at 10:00pm

Sharapova is smashing everyone but I still can;t watch her for that incessant moaning and grunting

That's what makes her fun to watch! That, and her bein sexy as hell B-). Anna Kournakova paved the way.. it's much more fun watchin a sexy chick with talent!
cheemaster View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote cheemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/23/2013 at 6:59pm
Sharapova just lost. Though I'm much more surprised at the Serena loss. Well I guess after the injury it makes sense. The commentators talked towards the end as if Serena was 100% but to me she still wasn't the same. Not taking anything away from Sloane, who will obviously be a great player in the future, but if it weren't for the back spasms, Serena would've beaten her easily, in my opinion.
Tsonga also lost last night which I guess was expected but he put up a fight against Federer going the distance.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 129130131132133 144>