All things SPORTS

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 131132133134135 145>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: All things SPORTS
    Posted: Feb/28/2013 at 5:19am
Anyone gonna follow the World Baseball Classic?
pyrotechnics View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote pyrotechnics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/28/2013 at 12:53pm
moss to the saints would be beast...
(although i secretly wish the pats would pick him back up)
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2013 at 2:21am
Originally posted by Von44

Australia got beat 4-1 by Taiwan in their match
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2013 at 9:41pm

Missed the Canada-Mexico game. Heard the crazy bench brawl at the end. Luis Cruz is such a dbag for telling the pitcher to throw at Canadian batters.

Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2013 at 8:55pm
Great to see Nick Diaz get his whooped by GSP! It wasn't even close. Also an awesome fight between Condit and Hendricks. Gonna be tough for the ufc to figure out who will be the #1 contender in the 70 div.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/17/2013 at 9:40am
If you are any sort of boxing fan, I highly recommend catching a replay of the Timothy Bradley v. Ruslan Provodnikov fight.  It was a complete war.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote pyrotechnics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2013 at 12:05pm
wow. harvard got in as the only new england team for march madness.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2013 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by pyrotechnics

Better than the state of Texas, who got NADA!
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2013 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by j_lucky84

Better than the state of Texas, who got NADA!

Didn't even know they had a team till this year.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2013 at 5:05pm
^You must have been asleep at the wheel during the whole Linsanity thing.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote pyrotechnics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2013 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by Geez

they arent that good and neither is he...LOL
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/22/2013 at 12:34am

Do any American's take interest in the classic?
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/22/2013 at 3:12am
Originally posted by mj2delmenico

I'm pretty sure they do seeing how baseball is an America's favourite past time. Baseball is baseball especially when national pride is on the line.
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Squaw Valley USA 02/05/2012

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/22/2013 at 6:18am
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/22/2013 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by robnezz23

Stop Stealing things from yahoo... lol. besides, La Salle did me no favors either lol. I had La Salle in one of my brackets.. I saw em play Boise State and they looked really well-organized (and i mean that in a good, generic sense, not a "looked good compared to boise state"). Ah well.. No 10k prize for me this year lol
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/22/2013 at 11:35pm

Originally posted by mj2delmenico

I'm pretty sure they do seeing how baseball is an America's favourite past time. Baseball is baseball especially when national pride is on the line.

Just checking because apparently TV ratings in America were down and seats at the final were going for as little as $5. 
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2013 at 5:31pm
It's still quite new. I'm sure it'll take off in a few years.
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2013 at 7:39pm
I was excited to see a new fighting league today. the world championship of fighting. some of the ufc guys are going over there and it is really good. I like when fighters aren't contractually bound to just one fighting league. fight when and who you want.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2013 at 9:56pm
Sounds like another strike force where UFC guys go to fight if they get cut.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/25/2013 at 5:15am
Tiger holding onto a nice lead at the final rd of Bay Hill. Just can't stand seeing Fowler in his all orange attire. Guy looks like a carrot.
Blur510 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Blur510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/25/2013 at 6:15am
Anyone here see the X Games tignes? here is the gold and silver runs from slopestyle.. I think McMorris had the better run and he finished with silver, what do you guys think?

Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/25/2013 at 6:20am
Yea I caught that. That was too tough to call. But I'm happy either way as it was Canada sitting pretty at 1 and 2.
rosati777 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Calvin and Hobbes Extreme Sports

Quote rosati777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/25/2013 at 12:55pm

It's still quite new. I'm sure it'll take off in a few years.

yea i hadn't even heard about it
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2013 at 6:39am
Looks like Tiger got his swagger back!!! Ranked #1 in the world once again after winning at Bay Hill. After hearing about him dealing with his personal issues and health it's nice to see him back on top. I honestly think he's even better than the old Tiger. He almost drained a 75 footer! Next up... Masters. Gonna be insane!
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2013 at 3:44pm

Looks like Tiger got his swagger back!!! Ranked #1 in the world once again after winning at Bay Hill. After hearing about him dealing with his personal issues and health it's nice to see him back on top. I honestly think he's even better than the old Tiger. He almost drained a 75 footer! Next up... Masters. Gonna be insane!

Swagger is definitely back!! Does that mean he's up to his old tricks again and shagging everything in sight?? LOL
Blur510 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Blur510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2013 at 5:27pm

I am happy for him. golf needs him.  I like what he said when a reporter asked him if he wants to be back to his old form, Tiger said, no I want to better than how I was before. 
BoxStomper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BoxStomper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2013 at 5:54pm
Tiger has the walk and look in his eye like he used to. Crazy focus and laser irons. I said back in December Tiger would take #1 back in 2013 at some point. Didnt take long
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2013 at 6:17pm
U.S. tied with Mexico at the half at Azteca... a tie would be huge.  (knock on wood).
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2013 at 9:53pm
And a tie (0-0, way to post the score :P) it is! Mexico generally lights the US up... so that's really a huge moment. Keep up the stellar defensive performances, guys!
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/27/2013 at 11:53am
Originally posted by j_lucky84

And a tie (0-0, way to post the score :P) it is! Mexico generally lights the US up... so that's really a huge moment. Keep up the stellar defensive performances, guys!

I assume this is world cup qualification talk?

Australia were lucky to scrape a 2-2 draw against Oman which will make the road to qualification much more difficult
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/27/2013 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by BoxStomper

Tiger has the walk and look in his eye like he used to. Crazy focus and laser irons. I said back in December Tiger would take #1 back in 2013 at some point. Didnt take long

i guess it's easier to focus on golf now that he doesn't have to sneak around..he can openly sleep with random waitresses without fear of getting caught LOL
Blur510 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Blur510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/27/2013 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by lightning80

i guess it's easier to focus on golf now that he doesn't have to sneak around..he can openly sleep with random waitresses without fear of getting caught LOL

haha, I guess that is okay with Lindsey Vaugh? 
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/27/2013 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by Blur510

Originally posted by lightning80

haha, I guess that is okay with Lindsey Vaugh? 

Going into a relationship so soon with someone with Tiger's background she's setting herself up for heartache. Unless they're running some sort of open relationship set up
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2013 at 7:20am
Krazylegz1485 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2013 at 2:31pm

http://thench.com/garage/
| | | bryman | | | View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/29/2013 at 5:53am
^^^ Nice.  Steel Panther is awesome, BTW.  Caught them here in Reno last year.  Do not miss that if you get a chance

-b
get bent
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Squaw Valley USA 02/05/2012

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/29/2013 at 7:54am
Hot daymn that Steel Panther song is funny as heck. "Just Like Tiger Woods" hahahahahhahaha. Those guys are ridiculous.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2013 at 5:51am
This Rios / Alvarado fight is ridiculous.  There is a ton of action.  Boxing is on a roll lately.
tuckshop13 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote tuckshop13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/06/2013 at 10:38pm
Any love for Aussie rules here??
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2013 at 12:56am
Originally posted by tuckshop13

Any love for Aussie rules here??
you mean rugby? I have no clue what goes on in that game. Seems like its anything-goes football and no protective equipment. I'm sure I'd love it if I were an Aussie.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/09/2013 at 9:03am

coming from someone who probably calls a crappy player good just cuz he's on a good team. Lin was their last resort, they didn't even believe in him and he tore it up like crazy. He made them a TEAM. Melo came, blew all that chemistry up and turned it back into a 1 man show. Apparently that's what ppl want these days, selfishness
LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/10/2013 at 9:50am
Originally posted by | | | bryman | | |

^^^ Nice.  Steel Panther is awesome, BTW.  Caught them here in Reno last year.  Do not miss that if you get a chance

-b

I have to disagree.  Saw them at House of Blues in Las Vegas and walked out.  See them if you want, but lower your expectations first.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/10/2013 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by rurchan

coming from someone who probably calls a crappy player good just cuz he's on a good team. Lin was their last resort, they didn't even believe in him and he tore it up like crazy. He made them a TEAM. Melo came, blew all that chemistry up and turned it back into a 1 man show. Apparently that's what ppl want these days, selfishness
You realize its NY. They don't care about what kind of team chemistry there is just as long as the Knicks win games.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/11/2013 at 7:09pm
U.S. looked very good tonight against Panama.   They were expected to win, but it is still encouraging that they are starting to come together under Klinsman.
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/11/2013 at 9:26pm
Good game for the US vs Panama. Still don't like soccer though cuz their acting is soooo horrible when it comes to faking injuries
cheemaster View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote cheemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2013 at 1:11pm
Wimbledon.. what's up.... injuries, upsets.... fed and sharapova already out. my boy tsonga injured, and plenty more upset and injured... all the stars leaving early...
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2013 at 6:02am
Originally posted by cheemaster

Wimbledon.. what's up.... injuries, upsets.... fed and sharapova already out. my boy tsonga injured, and plenty more upset and injured... all the stars leaving early...
All I know is my boy Milos Raonic got eliminated by an unseeded no name. Lost all interest now.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/29/2013 at 8:43pm
The US needed that game agains panama to get that chemistry back. Hopefully they could keep it up or build on it
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2013 at 4:37pm
Brazil had a very impressive game against Spain.  I think Spain was weary from the OT / Penalty Kicks on Friday.  Still, Spain is the top of mountain.  Builds confidence for the World Cup next year.
Winner#1 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Winner#1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/02/2013 at 7:30am
World Cup next year in Rio should be nuts! Who wants to head down there with me?!
Winner # 1: Winner#1
(still waiting for the day)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131132133134135 145>