All things SPORTS

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 132133134135136 144>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: All things SPORTS
    Posted: Jul/02/2013 at 9:08am
The Wimbledon all-white dress code is a joke. They're ok with the women showing their butt in glow-in-the-dark colors, but Federer can't have orange soles on the shoes. Ouch
LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/02/2013 at 10:31am
I think it is a wise choice to not tell women how to dress.  But yeah, I don't think orange soles should be a concern either.  I actually think that very limited showing of vibrant colors will make the white stand out that much more and look better.
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/02/2013 at 11:29am
i am still so confused how tennis scores are kept. the only rules i know are how to serve and hit it back and forth. just like when i watch cricket. "WTF are they doing" is all i can think.
Alkasquawlik View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/02/2013 at 11:29am
Originally posted by cds4288

i am still so confused how tennis scores are kept. the only rules i know are how to serve and hit it back and forth. just like when i watch cricket. "WTF are they doing" is all i can think.

It's pretty simple, really. 

Google search is your friend.
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/02/2013 at 11:38am
Not to piggyback on Alkasqualik's response, but here goes:

Link to all the information you need on tennis scores.
Shop smart... Shop S-Mart.
jstgermain View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jstgermain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/02/2013 at 12:56pm
Congrats Andy Pettitte...all time Yankees strikeout leader
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/02/2013 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by julius77

i know how to score tennis matches..but who came up with the "love", "15", "30", "40", and "deuce"?
360faceplant View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote 360faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/02/2013 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by jstgermain

Congrats Andy Pettitte...all time Yankees strikeout leader

That was nice to see. Too bad he couldn't get the win, but the Yanks rallied late. If he didn't spend those 3 years in Houston he would've had a chance at their wins record also.
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/03/2013 at 7:54am
Originally posted by lightning80

i know how to score tennis matches..but who came up with the "love", "15", "30", "40", and "deuce"?

Love - derived from french word for egg, meaning zero
Duece - you need two points in a row to win
15, 30, 40 - a couple theories, I like the moving closer theory, rather than the clock.

Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/03/2013 at 7:56am
Andy Murray has a fight on his hands.  Coming out of 2-0 deficit.  
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/04/2013 at 12:15pm
Just found out I'm getting free tickets to the Rogers Cup in August. Can't wait to see Maria back in Toronto!
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/04/2013 at 1:05pm
what is rogers cup?? an how many more stops on there for the xgames tour?
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/07/2013 at 11:27am
Good for Andy Murray.  Breaking a 77 year drought.  That last game was pretty great, announcers were mostly silent.
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/07/2013 at 11:59am
gyyaah after watching all of the games, i noticed that i would die having to play as long as some of them had to. some games got insanely long. it sucks to think that if you did so much work just to lose, but are so relieved if you win.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/07/2013 at 4:29pm
I can't believe I missed out on Anderson's loss at ufc 162 lastnight cuz of work. Sounds a bit sketchy the way things went down. How do you get knocked out from a guy who's not a great striker? Idk what's done is done. Congrats to Weidman on being the new champ in middle weight div!
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/09/2013 at 1:18pm

gyyaah after watching all of the games, i noticed that i would die having to play as long as some of them had to. some games got insanely long. it sucks to think that if you did so much work just to lose, but are so relieved if you win.

That's why it takes a certain type of athletic determination to keep on playing through all of the losses. Champions keep on going
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/10/2013 at 10:26am
ESPN's home page is NSFW right now, but your site blockers won't protect you.  Check it out if you want...or avoid risking embarassment if anybody can see your screen.
nuggetuconn View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote nuggetuconn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/10/2013 at 10:47am
Originally posted by LeerroooyJenkins

ESPN's home page is NSFW right now, but your site blockers won't protect you.  Check it out if you want...or avoid risking embarassment if anybody can see your screen.

yeah, I definitely had to windows+D. :)
Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/10/2013 at 10:51am

I know, I opened up ESPN this morning like I usually do and turned away to talk to my coworker, and someone mentioned that I had a naked man on my screen. I gave them a weird look and didn't know what they were talking about until I turned back to my computer. At least it was Kaepernick haha
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/10/2013 at 11:01am
Wait? It was Kaepernik for you?  It was Kerri Walsh for me.  I saw EVERYTHING
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/10/2013 at 11:05am
I think maybe it's rotational?  It was the moto x biker chick for me, must be breezy doing that.  LOL  But you can watch the one called Women of Body of you only want to see the girls.  LOL
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/10/2013 at 11:50am

Dude, I just showed you have to use google to answer the questions you have in these useless posts. The link is on this page.
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/10/2013 at 11:54am

Dude, I just showed you have to use google to answer the questions you have in these useless posts. The link is on this page.

Award winning response Julius.

You can even type that exact question into Google and get the answer.  Well, the first one at least.  I don't know how it would handle the mispelling in the 2nd.
Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/10/2013 at 11:55am

Cody has trouble playing on the computer. We have to make things easy for him.
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MTpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/10/2013 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by Alkasquawlik

Cody has trouble playing on the computer. We have to make things easy for him.

it's almost like he is bi-polar depending on the thread he's in? 
MOAR powderz plz!
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/11/2013 at 12:29am

I know, I opened up ESPN this morning like I usually do and turned away to talk to my coworker, and someone mentioned that I had a naked man on my screen. I gave them a weird look and didn't know what they were talking about until I turned back to my computer. At least it was Kaepernick haha

What is nsfw? I just went to the Espn homepage, didn't see any pop ups, then got sidetracked reading the articles, haha. I wasted about 20 min reading articles I didn't plan on reading till later in the day
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/11/2013 at 1:02am
Originally posted by magichc

What is nsfw? I just went to the Espn homepage, didn't see any pop ups, then got sidetracked reading the articles, haha. I wasted about 20 min reading articles I didn't plan on reading till later in the day
Never heard of Not-Safe-For-Work?

Good thing I didn't open up ESPN today and be surprised of a naked Kaepernick.
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/11/2013 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by Von44

Nope, I haven't heard of that before. I don't know a lot of those acronyms. I just learn smh about a yr ago. Ppl shook their head when I told them that, lol
Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/11/2013 at 3:39pm

Nope, I haven't heard of that before. I don't know a lot of those acronyms. I just learn smh about a yr ago. Ppl shook their head when I told them that, lol

What's ppl?
sideways99 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/11/2013 at 5:03pm
^ IDK, too many damned acronyms.
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2013 at 7:31pm

What's ppl?

Ppl= people :-)
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2013 at 9:44pm

What's ppl?

Ppl= people :-)
But wait.... I don't know what IDK means.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/14/2013 at 9:10am
You can go and make your own acronym and see if it catches on.  LOL
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2013 at 3:45pm
Freddie Roach says if Manny Pacquiao gets ko'd he'll retire.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2013 at 8:42pm
I think Pacquiao needs to not take big fights because it doesn't seem like his heart is into boxing anymore and he's just going to get hurt if he doesn't put his all into every fight
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2013 at 9:11am
Seems like his heart is dependent on his wife, he should do something about that woman to get his head straight before jumping into the ring again.  But now that he's on a losing streak, Mayweather probably gloating he wasn't worthy enough to fight him all this time and thinking damn he should of taken the fight for an easy win.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2013 at 10:20am
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

Seems like his heart is dependent on his wife, he should do something about that woman to get his head straight before jumping into the ring again.  But now that he's on a losing streak, Mayweather probably gloating he wasn't worthy enough to fight him all this time and thinking damn he should of taken the fight for an easy win.

losing streak? he lost 1 fight. plus he was winning on the cards before he got ko'd.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2013 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by solocreep

losing streak? he lost 1 fight. plus he was winning on the cards before he got ko'd.

Sorry Amy, but I would agree with solo. Just because he lost 1 or even 2 fights, I still would not consider it a losing streak. He was not expecting it from his opponent and got knocked out. He was not getting badly beaten by his opponents either
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2013 at 5:05pm

Sorry Amy, but I would agree with solo. Just because he lost 1 or even 2 fights, I still would not consider it a losing streak. He was not expecting it from his opponent and got knocked out. He was not getting badly beaten by his opponents either
Did you really just say that? I hate to burst your bubble magichc but I'm pretty sure that 2 straight losses is considered a losing streak. The Bradley fight was pretty contraversial but getting KO'd is a pretty bad beating no matter how you look at it.
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2013 at 5:22pm

Did you really just say that? I hate to burst your bubble magichc but I'm pretty sure that 2 straight losses is considered a losing streak. The Bradley fight was pretty contraversial but getting KO'd is a pretty bad beating no matter how you look at it.

I knew someone was going to say 2 losses is considered a streak. What I'm trying to say is that when someone hears the words "losing streak", they don't instantly think of 2 losses. They think of a lot more than that. If that makes any sense
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2013 at 1:30am

I knew someone was going to say 2 losses is considered a streak. What I'm trying to say is that when someone hears the words "losing streak", they don't instantly think of 2 losses. They think of a lot more than that. If that makes any sense
I see where your coming from but a "losing streak" has to start from somewhere and that is ultimately 2 before it can get any higher. I'm sure you'd be saying otherwise had manny suffered 2 KOs instead of 1 KO and a split.
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote diviesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2013 at 8:32am
Not sure if anyone is watching the Tour De France, but Chris Froome is really kicking everyone's ass so bad that its really opening questions up if he's doping. Of course he and his team mates say they're clean, but so did Lance and end every other rider that ever doped. It's damn near impossible to dope right now and get away with it, but its like watching a grown man playing against kids. The sad part is if he's clean he isn't receiving much credit for once in a lifetime performance because of cycling's past.
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2013 at 11:00am
^At this point, anyone who is able to perform head and shoulders above the competition is going to come under scrutiny. However, the dopers have been a few steps ahead of the governing body this whole time. I'm pretty sure Lance was caught because his teammates spoke out and threw him under the bus. With the current climate in professional cycling, Froome is likely going to have a battery of tests before, during, and after each leg of each race; as will anyone who stands out. I hate to say it, but it kind of makes me think they should let pro atheletes use whatever PED's they want. More often then not, the system will get beat by the competitors; especially when there's literally millions of dollars at stake. The hardworking atheletes that play the game straight will likely not be champions. Is that fair? of course not. But is is realistic to think that pro sports will not have cheating? I do not believe so.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2013 at 11:11am
^^ I am starting to feel the same way about sprinting.  It would really suck if say, Usain Bolt was doping, I hope he is not.  But with the announcements earlier this week, it seems like all of his competition is doping... and he is still beating them.  That is what happened with Armstrong:  everyone around him was found to be doping, and he was still beating them (and we later found out why).
chenmt View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote chenmt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2013 at 11:17am
i think they should accept doping. during the mlb all stars, it seemed like most people accepted the hr record by bonds even though he was doping.
360faceplant View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote 360faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2013 at 12:01pm

I see where your coming from but a "losing streak" has to start from somewhere and that is ultimately 2 before it can get any higher. I'm sure you'd be saying otherwise had manny suffered 2 KOs instead of 1 KO and a split.

I have never heard any announcer or another person who covers sports ever use the the term "2 game losing streak" or "2 fight losing streak" 

Most people would consider 2 in a row "back to back" with 3+ a "streak". 
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2013 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by Geez

^^ I am starting to feel the same way about sprinting.  It would really suck if say, Usain Bolt was doping, I hope he is not.  But with the announcements earlier this week, it seems like all of his competition is doping... and he is still beating them.  That is what happened with Armstrong:  everyone around him was found to be doping, and he was still beating them (and we later found out why).

Yeah.  This is 100% questionable even though he has never failed a test.  I don't know what they need to do with these sports where doping is part of the culture.  They looked back at one of the Tour's that lance won and went down the list of top finishers.  The highest finishing person who hasn't been later connected to doping finished 22nd.  Amazing.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2013 at 12:54pm
If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying. And it ain't cheating if you don't get caught. Wink
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2013 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by chenmt

i think they should accept doping. during the mlb all stars, it seemed like most people accepted the hr record by bonds even though he was doping.

Who's "most people"?  the announcers?  I think accepting doping is not an option.  They can start with defining doping and engaging the players union in talking about it.  The bonds numbers, McGwire numbers, etc are all still there, but they just aren't real.  We can't have number's book that equates to "who cheated the most"
thrilla View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote thrilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2013 at 1:11pm
Regarding Pacquiao, I think we're getting into semantics here by trying to define the word "streak".  The issue I see is that Pac fought Marquez four times and didn't have very convincing victories in any of them, getting knocked out the fourth time.  Throw the Bradley loss in there are you've got what appears to be a fighter in decline.  I don't see the fire in Pac that I saw two or three years ago when he steps into the ring.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 132133134135136 144>