All things SPORTS

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 142143144145146>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: All things SPORTS
    Posted: Apr/08/2014 at 10:38am
Great play by Napier.  I am glad he finally reached his potential.  I don't know if he is going to be the NBA star that people are making him out to be.  He is still miniature.
motoxninja80 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Vail

Quote motoxninja80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2014 at 10:52am
I mean he's about the same height as Chris Paul I think (6 foot).
But I think he won't be trying any through the legs passes in the NBA. It seemed like those never worked and inappropriate for a championship game. Regardless, he's a great player and I hope he does well in the NBA.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2014 at 2:47pm
Yes, he is 6'.  When I made my post I was trying to think of someone his size that does everything he does and Paul might be the best example.  But, if examples are few and far between, it doesn't make success very likely.

I looked at an article that placed him at the end of the 1st round or start of 2nd for draftability (in a great draft year) and I was disappointed to see them say that his age limited his appeal.  Apparently, being 23 is seen as just a downside.  The same thing was mentioned about Adrienne Payne from Michigan State, where the article noted that being 23 rather than 20 moved him from a top 5 to a number 10 pick.  That type of analysis makes it tough for people to be motivated to graduate.  Sad
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2014 at 9:36am
UConn sweeps March Madness...men's and women's. Evil professors will give midterms this week...LOL
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2014 at 9:40am
Originally posted by lightning80

UConn sweeps March Madness...men's and women's. Evil professors will give midterms this week...LOL

Only the 2nd time in NCAA history that 1 school took the mens' and womens' championships... ironically it was UConn who did it the first time in 2004.  Congrats to the Huskies.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2014 at 12:16pm
Anyone who followed WWF wrestling back in the day knows "The Ultimate Warrior". Well he just passed away today at 54. RIP
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2014 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by Von44

Anyone who followed WWF wrestling back in the day knows "The Ultimate Warrior". Well he just passed away today at 54. RIP

One of my favorites back in the day.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2014 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by solocreep

I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did. Must've been from all the juicing which prolly what kept him going a few more years.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2014 at 7:52am

I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did. Must've been from all the juicing which prolly what kept him going a few more years.

Well there was a couple different death rumors about him over the past 20 years, so I thought the original ultimate warrior had died.  But obviously those were just rumors since he got inducted into the Hall of Fame on Monday.  Amazing that he was with it when inducted and was dead the next day.
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2014 at 12:52pm

Ultimate Warrior was my total favorite solo wrestler back then and who knew the dude was even still alive!  All the other oldies passed away decades ago.
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2014 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by LeerroooyJenkins

Well there was a couple different death rumors about him over the past 20 years, so I thought the original ultimate warrior had died.  But obviously those were just rumors since he got inducted into the Hall of Fame on Monday.  Amazing that he was with it when inducted and was dead the next day.

Yeah same I also thought he died a while ago but I'm shocked he was still kicking. The HOF was the climax for him i guess. So all that juicing was for something in the end. lol
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2014 at 5:12pm
Now he is furiously shaking the ropes in heaven.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/12/2014 at 7:37pm
Not watching Pacquiao Bradley 2. Darn u work!!!!
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2014 at 3:01am
Pacquiao hasn't KO'd anyone in a while. I kinda figured it was gonna go to the cards.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2014 at 11:17am

Pacquiao hasn't KO'd anyone in a while. I kinda figured it was gonna go to the cards.

But he tore up Bradley's face again and I'm not surprised if Bradley checked himself  into the hospital again.  
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2014 at 7:03pm
Bubba Watson wins his second Masters tournament in 3 years, quite an accomplishment.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2014 at 7:52am
Seemed really in control of everything too.  Multiple majors for him this year?
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2014 at 10:40pm
Reports of Rich Franklin wants to end his UFC career by fighting Anderson Silva. Lol Oh man, I like Ace but he's gonna get beat down again by knees for a third time!
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2014 at 12:10pm

Reports of Rich Franklin wants to end his UFC career by fighting Anderson Silva. Lol Oh man, I like Ace but he's gonna get beat down again by knees for a third time!

Has Silva's leg even fully healed?  Even so, I doubt his leg would ever be back to what it was.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2014 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

Has Silva's leg even fully healed?  Even so, I doubt his leg would ever be back to what it was.

I'm pretty sure Anderson doesn't need his legs to beat up Rich Franklin. But this won't happen till the earliest of 2015.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2014 at 12:34pm
Friend just sent this to me. This is absolutely nuts!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GixDXD44_yA

my bad
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2014 at 12:47pm

Friend just sent this to me. This is absolutely nuts!!!

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GixDXD44_yA

Link didn't work.  But then again, I should realize that a link accompanied by the phrase "Friend just sent this to me.  This is absolutely nuts" is exactly the type of thing that should cause me to question clicking the link.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2014 at 12:59pm
You have to copy the link without the first set of http.

Haha, the black team got their asses whooped badly even though they came in with flying kicks at the start but the brown team were much bigger guys so they just pounded the crap out of them.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2014 at 4:19pm
holy crap!  Now we just took brawling and made it a sport.  I kind of like it, but once two on your team are done, you are done for.  I fear the type of injuries that can come from a person being in a 1 on 1 right, and then getting blindsided by a second person.   If you are the toughest guy on your team, and you team isn't good...that is the worst possible situation to be in.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/21/2014 at 12:48am

holy crap!  Now we just took brawling and made it a sport.  I kind of like it, but once two on your team are done, you are done for.  I fear the type of injuries that can come from a person being in a 1 on 1 right, and then getting blindsided by a second person.   If you are the toughest guy on your team, and you team isn't good...that is the worst possible situation to be in.

Agreed. The team is only as strong as it's weakest link. It's an absolute melee and flying kicks from the get go are fun to watch but the technique and skill just gets thrown out the window in this situation. The only strategy I can see is to knock out your opponent as quickly as possible. Submissions will be non-existent.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/21/2014 at 8:03am
Right.  I previously thought that running and jumping into an attack was a pretty bad technique because of how vulnerable to left you when you were off your feet, but it seemed like about half of them took that approach.  

I am surprised they didn't approach cautiously and wait for the opponent to make the first move like in old pro-wrestling matches or any real life group fight.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2014 at 5:36pm
Mayweather vs Maidana. Might be interesting but I doubt it.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2014 at 5:15am
Didn't watch the fight but heard it was close. Mayweather in a majority decision.
ddomski View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ddomski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2014 at 7:37am
Damn I'm depressed about the Warriors.
Gnu B Pro 152 BTX w/ Union Milan bindings
keljai View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote keljai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2014 at 6:48pm
close game by the raptors, we all knew they wouldn't get that far, but was hoping a bit more with the last play 
for fantastic outdoor deals, checkout:
https://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/KelvinChung
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2014 at 7:11pm

Didn't watch the fight but heard it was close. Mayweather in a majority decision.

Mayweather was getting rocked, but 2 judges gave him a landslide win so needless to say the crowd started throwing boos.  
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2014 at 9:12am
Originally posted by keljai

close game by the raptors, we all knew they wouldn't get that far, but was hoping a bit more with the last play 

Yeah very anticlimactic. Expected at least an attempted shot.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
keljai View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote keljai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2014 at 7:31pm
he was trying to get over a wall. In all honesty, they should have given it to someone else to shoot. I would have guess 90% it was gonna be him
for fantastic outdoor deals, checkout:
https://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/KelvinChung
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2014 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by keljai

he was trying to get over a wall. In all honesty, they should have given it to someone else to shoot. I would have guess 90% it was gonna be him

Triple coverage when he had four guys open. Just did too much i think.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2014 at 10:38pm
Anderson Silva has finally been cleared for training. It'll be interesting to see how he pans out after a gruesome injury like that. Maybe now GSP's time away and Anderson's injury could possibly be a fight in the making?

or Silva is done! LOL
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2014 at 5:01pm
Just don't tell him to break a leg before the match.  LOL
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2014 at 3:31pm
California Chrome won the Preakness.  Finally a good chance of the triple crown becoming reality.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2014 at 10:42am
No Donovan in the world cup? Strange.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2014 at 1:06pm
^it is very strange, but I trust in Jurgen Klinesman.  He knows more about soccer than anybody in the US, and I know this because he was chose over everyone in the US to coach our national team.  So if he says no Donovan, I am going to assume that's the right call.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2014 at 1:07pm
11-year old girl qualified for the US Women's Open!  That is pretty amazing.  
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2014 at 1:20pm

11-year old girl qualified for the US Women's Open!  That is pretty amazing.  

Is that even legal?  She's not even a woman or a teen...
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2014 at 2:14pm
^ It's not a question of legality, it's a matter of how the rules are written.  Lucy Li shot rounds of 74 and 68 to qualify, that is pretty damned amazing.  More power to her.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/08/2014 at 5:24am
So I hear the cotto fight wasn't too exciting.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/08/2014 at 10:14pm
Nadal wins another title at Roland Garros. Big surprise there. Can't remember the last time he lost on clay.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
w00tw00t858 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote w00tw00t858 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/08/2014 at 10:46pm

Nadal wins another title at Roland Garros. Big surprise there. Can't remember the last time he lost on clay.

+1
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/08/2014 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by w00tw00t858

+1

That's the response I was looking for!
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Local
Local

Quote w00tw00t858 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/09/2014 at 11:35am

+1

i don't think he has ever lost on clay from what i can remember. i use to watch a good amount of tennis, but with their schedules being really early in the morning it's been difficult to watch. 
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/09/2014 at 2:10pm

+1

i don't think he has ever lost on clay from what i can remember. i use to watch a good amount of tennis, but with their schedules being really early in the morning it's been difficult to watch. 

No he does have one. Beginning to think its in 2009 since that's the only year he didnt win the French Open, otherwise it'd be 10 straight years of clay dominance. Just not sure who he dropped to.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/09/2014 at 3:30pm
California Chrome couldn't get the Triple Crown, then the owner complains how the 3 races are set up. If you had a problem with the system, should have said something before you lost. Because you've just lost, people just think you're a whining sore loser. 
Local
Local

Quote w00tw00t858 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/10/2014 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by lightning80

California Chrome couldn't get the Triple Crown, then the owner complains how the 3 races are set up. If you had a problem with the system, should have said something before you lost. Because you've just lost, people just think you're a whining sore loser. 

it's probably why no one has won it since the 1970s. im guessing he probably lost a good amount of mula betting on his own. I hope he goes to delmar. would be nice to see chrome race live.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 142143144145146>