Share/Save/Bookmark Page  123 145>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ANGRY AGENT View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ANGRY AGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: All things SPORTS
    Posted: Nov/29/2008 at 4:14pm
I want to make this new thread dedicated to nothing but sports.  We have a lot of people here that are sports gurus and post a lot in the randomness thread so this will be a better place for that..

Notre Dame sucks and Charlie Wiess was nothing but hype hasn't helped that program at all.  They should have kept Willingham and let his team develope.  USC is making them look like a div II school if not worse.

PS.........LAKERSLOL
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Quote ANGRY AGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2008 at 4:45pm
USC total 266 yards at halftime
Notre Dame total 9 YardsShocked

I can't believe I'm still watching this but this kind of domination is hard to turn away from
esy.iam View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote esy.iam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2008 at 5:03pm
i don't mind the Lakers. i just really don't like Phil Jackson. i'm not a Kobe hater either. that man is quite possibly THE best player in the NBA right now. no other player can take a game over the way he does. i don't like how he tries to deny how he emulates Jordan, but that's on his conscious, so whatever.

by nature, i'm a Kings fan. for the past 3 or so years, i've been saying over and over and over and over again that the Kings administration has NO idea what they're doing. it's quite annoying, actually. Geoff Petrie needs to be fired and they need to make better decisions and build a team with some type of plan. they've given away all of their past franchise players.

to name a few:
Gerald Wallace (i was pretty pissed about this one)
Hedo Turkoglu (i was INFURIATED with this! why keep sorry ass Predrag and let go of Hedo?!??!?)
Tariq Abdul Wahad (some of you may have forgotten him, but he was a big name when he went to the Magic afterwards)

it's a horrendous cycle. Dead
peace.
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Quote ANGRY AGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2008 at 5:06pm
don't forget bobby jackson mike bibby peja which are 3 bigger names then the ones you listed.  I would have gotten rid of all of those guys you listed above these three except maybe hedo.  They peaked at the wrong time also when the Lakers were on their run.  Same thing with the Houston Rockets, the only reason they won those 2 titles was because MJ retired or it would have been 8 straight.
Black BNR32 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Black BNR32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2008 at 5:08pm
I'm a big Montreal Canadiens fan.  I know some of you guys probably hate on hockey, but its like a religion in some regions of Canada.
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Quote ANGRY AGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2008 at 5:15pm
No hating on hockey for me as long as you keep it in CanadaLOLjk  I think it's definitely a mans sport and a lot of fun to watch in person.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Black BNR32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2008 at 5:17pm
Any of you guys ever watched a Canadian Football League game?
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Quote ANGRY AGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2008 at 5:18pm
yeah I have in the offseason, I actually watched ricky williams play last year and a few other washed up NFL pros.
esy.iam View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote esy.iam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2008 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by ANGRY AGENT

don't forget bobby jackson mike bibby peja which are 3 bigger names then the ones you listed.  I would have gotten rid of all of those guys you listed above these three except maybe hedo.  They peaked at the wrong time also when the Lakers were on their run.  Same thing with the Houston Rockets, the only reason they won those 2 titles was because MJ retired or it would have been 8 straight.

you're saying you would've gotten rid of Wallace, Turkoglu, and Abdul Wahad?! no way! especially Wallace and Turkoglu! those guys are potential franchise players! both of them are almost 20/10 players!

and peja=predrag. that's how you correctly spell his name, and i pronounce it pre-drag because he doesn't deserve to have his name correctly pronounced by me. haha. LOL

i agree, bibby, predrag, miller, etc are a waste of cap space. they got rid of them, but at the wrong times. when their value was nothing. bringing bobby jackson back for artest was a HUGE mistake! sure, artest may be a bit of a headache, but for bobby jackson?! no. i love the guy and all, and he leaves it all on the floor, but they could've gotten a better deal for Artest.

same with Webber a couple years back. when they handed the Sixers Webber, Barnes, and someone else for Skinner, Thomas, and someone else?! ugghh! they have NO idea what they're doing. probably worse than the Clips who keep giving away all their franchise players. LOLTongue
peace.
esy.iam View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote esy.iam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2008 at 5:50pm
oh, and i REALLY hate how the Kings are currently trying to build the team around Kevin Martin! UUGHHHH! Kevin Martin is NOT that good. he's basically a Predrag that can dribble. he has no defense, he can't create his own shot, his penetration is pretty weak, and he can't lead a team nor can he lead a team next to a "leader" type of player (i.e. Kobe, LeBron, Garnett, etc.).
peace.
kimchijajonshim View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Bear Hugs!

Quote kimchijajonshim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2008 at 5:51pm

Notre Dame sucks and Charlie Wiess was nothing but hype hasn't helped that program at all.  They should have kept Willingham and let his team develope.  USC is making them look like a div II school if not worse.

Charlie Weiss is all hype for sure... and it sucks for them because either way they're going to be paying him for like another 10 years or something.  I don't know that they should have kept Willingham though, considering how epic his failure has been at UDubb.
ROLL ON, BISHES.
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Quote ANGRY AGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2008 at 5:52pm
hedo is a decent player but definitely not franchise by any means and wallace that's completely laughable.  You are telling me you would build your franchise around either of those 2 guys?Ouch  You would be a worse GM then the one they have nowLOL  Those guys are role players at best.  Artest is a role player and that's why some teams can never get over the hump because they have nothing but role players and when you get to the playoffs you need that superstar to carry your team at certain points in the game.  They have never had that period.  For the same reason Boston got rid of walker and not Pierce because you can build a team around Pierce because he is a franchise player.  Then you put another Franchise player with him (Garnett) and a great role player in Allen and wallaahhh.....They should have kept bibby and artest and turko for sure but the others I could see getting rid of if the same was coming back in return.
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Quote ANGRY AGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2008 at 6:00pm
Wallace averages 15 points 8 boards and 2 assists but shoots on 43%
hedo averages 17, 5 and 4
peja 13, 4 and 1
artest 15, 6 and 3

These guys are all just role players at best but you could make a case for artest because he is a defensive stopper and brings a swagger and intimidation that quiets most players.  The others are just whatever
esy.iam View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote esy.iam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2008 at 6:11pm
i'm not saying that Wallace and Hedo are the superstar players. at best, i can see them as an excellent backup to that Jordan, Duncan, Kobe type of player. the fact that they don't see that is what bugs me. those two were WELL beyond the skill level of Bibby. Bibby doesn't provide much of anything as far as a good, serviceable PG is concerned. his assist to TO ratio is horribly low, his defense is weak, and he can't lead the team or create his own shot.

i see both Wallace and Turkoglu as players like Artest, Okafor, Randolph, etc. they're excellent role players. players you can begin a franchise with when paired with the proper superstar type of player, will make an excellent team. i don't see that with Bibby because he isn't a multi-dimensional player. he can't help anywhere but score, and that's not even that amazing.

look at Hedo right now. he's with Dwight Howard and the types of numbers that Hedo puts up now. Wallace is getting his 20/10 numbers, and gets a good number of assists, but i agree that he can't take a team to the finals. he doesn't have a superstar on that squad, and he doesn't have the ability to be that superstar.
peace.
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Quote ANGRY AGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2008 at 6:18pm

Sac just has to re-evaluate what direction they want to go and do it.  They have ownership that has money but doen't seem that concerned with that team anymore since those days when they were giving the Lakers fits in the playoffs.  It starts from ownership and if they don't get on the band wagon and start pushing to make the team better then it's not gonna happen.  Besides that who wants to play in Sacremento, I mean reallyConfused  If I could get the same contract in a big city where the team sucked I wouldn't go to Sac and that is a big part of their problem.  No one wants to go there cuz there's nothing there.  No offense Sierra or Sac natives but we are talking reality here and big money.

esy.iam View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote esy.iam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2008 at 6:34pm

Wallace averages 15 points 8 boards and 2 assists but shoots on 43%
hedo averages 17, 5 and 4
peja 13, 4 and 1
artest 15, 6 and 3

These guys are all just role players at best but you could make a case for artest because he is a defensive stopper and brings a swagger and intimidation that quiets most players.  The others are just whatever

it'd be better if you took their averages from last season.
Wallace - 19/6/3/2
Turkoglu - 19/6/5/1

ok, they're both not totally 20/10, but they're capable of it, and fill up the stat sheet.
peace.
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Quote ANGRY AGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2008 at 6:37pm
yeah but like I said who really wants to play in Sacremento?  That is the biggest problem.  If you posed this question to most pro athletes it wouldn't even be a decision.  Hhhmmmmmmmmmmm........Los Angeles or Sacremento,  New York or Sacremento, Miami or Sacremento.  I'm just sayin...
esy.iam View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote esy.iam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2008 at 6:47pm

Sac just has to re-evaluate what direction they want to go and do it.  They have ownership that has money but doen't seem that concerned with that team anymore since those days when they were giving the Lakers fits in the playoffs.  It starts from ownership and if they don't get on the band wagon and start pushing to make the team better then it's not gonna happen.  Besides that who wants to play in Sacremento, I mean reallyConfused  If I could get the same contract in a big city where the team sucked I wouldn't go to Sac and that is a big part of their problem.  No one wants to go there cuz there's nothing there.  No offense Sierra or Sac natives but we are talking reality here and big money.

i agree, they need new direction. i remember like a handful of years ago when both Predrag and Pierce's contrats were up, Boston offered a straight across trade, and Pierce actually wanted to come to Sac. blah, whatever. so many opportunities lost.
peace.
Little Burd View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Little Burd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2008 at 7:08pm
All I have to say is I hate the lakers... Go Jazz! lol, sorry for my fanboyism...
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Quote ANGRY AGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2008 at 7:12pm
Jazz that says it allThumbs%20DownLOL
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Little Burd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2008 at 7:16pm
I dont know why, but I hate Kobe... And Lebron for that matter. I'm not saying they arent good, probably top 2 in the NBA, but I really hate them as people...
And the Jazz are awesome, they just need a name change to better match Utah (its about 30 years over due...)
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Quote ANGRY AGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2008 at 7:34pm
what like the Mormons or how about the PalygamystsLOL yeah that would be greatWink
Instructor
Instructor
Bear Hugs!

Quote kimchijajonshim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2008 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by Little Burd

All I have to say is I hate the lakers... Go Jazz! lol, sorry for my fanboyism...

And the Jazz are awesome, they just need a name change to better match Utah (its about 30 years over due...)

The Utah Jazz have possibly the stupidest name in the history of sports, and I'm including the CBA's Atlanta Krunk in that discussion.

I never realized it until I saw Bill Simmons bring it up, but there is no reason for the team to have kept that name when they moved from New Orleans.  To quote Robin Williams, "Utah's only the whitest state in the Union!"  Why the franchise would ever retain the name of a form of music inextricably tied to New Orleans and African-American culture is beyond me.
ROLL ON, BISHES.
Instructor
Instructor
Bear Hugs!

Quote kimchijajonshim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2008 at 8:05pm

I dont know why, but I hate Kobe... And Lebron for that matter. I'm not saying they arent good, probably top 2 in the NBA, but I really hate them as people...

What's your beef with LBJ?
ROLL ON, BISHES.
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Quote ANGRY AGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2008 at 8:09pm
he's a hater like youShockedLOL
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Little Burd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2008 at 9:13pm
Lol, I dont even know where to start with all those... Yeah, the Jazz is a terrible name for a team from utah, and there are black people here for sure! Most of them do play for the Jazz though...Confused

And Lebron is the most self centered athlete I can think of (Maybe T.O. is worse). He is amazing and all, but a total female cleanser... and I am older than him and basically have nothing but lots of debt in student loans...
Instructor
Instructor
Bear Hugs!

Quote kimchijajonshim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2008 at 9:18pm

And Lebron is the most self centered athlete I can think of (Maybe T.O. is worse). He is amazing and all, but a total female cleanser... and I am older than him and basically have nothing but lots of debt in student loans...

I don't see how he's any worse than Jordan... who never said anything remotely controversial or interesting for fear of upsetting his sponsors.  And he seems like a much better teammate... at the very least he's never punched any of them out in practice.

He does come off as self-centered, but that applies to sooooooo many other athletes.  No way he's anywhere near T.O. or Chad Johnson's level.  The way I see it, it's remarkable that he's as grounded as he is, considering he had his freaking high school games broadcast live on ESPN, was quite possibly the most highly touted NBA prospect ever, and then matched and exceeded everyone's expectations.
ROLL ON, BISHES.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Little Burd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2008 at 9:26pm
^^ lol, i love the site edit...

I didnt like Jordan either (lots of Jazz-Bulls memories come to mind).

I dont know, I just think there are a lot of other players out there, while maybe not nearly as talented as Lebron, I would much rather support because they seem like classier people. Take guys like Deron Williams (yeah he plays for the Jazz) or Steve Nash, they are both great, but dont feel like they need or want all the attention. Nash won MVP 2 years in a row, and still stayed the same chill guy.

And Lebron and all his drama bugs me too. He isnt a FA for 2 years and is already talking like he plays for another team. He just doesnt seem to have any loyalty to the Cavs or his team.
daxdagr8t View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote daxdagr8t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2008 at 10:01pm
Lebron has a definite beef with the Cavs. He's been there for 5 years and they still have a crappy team so ya. It will be awesome if he'll sign with New York though. The biggest self centered athlete IMO is Marbury. Seriously, I don't know whats up with that guy.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Black BNR32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2008 at 4:25am
I kinda like Chad Johnson for some reason.  I find him pretty damn funny.

Kinda late, but who here likes racing?  That finish to the F1 season was epic.

daxdagr8t View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote daxdagr8t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2008 at 5:32am
The f1 finalle was pretty awesome. Masa thought he finally won until Hamilton beat somebody in the last minute. I dont like hamilton, I like Alonso better.
octopus View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote octopus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2008 at 5:43am
kinda random, but nice job plaxico, shooting YOURSELF in the leg. not very gangster.LOL
overkill127 View Drop Down
Local
Local
thank you come again

Quote overkill127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2008 at 7:31am
Originally posted by Black BNR32

I'm a big Montreal Canadiens fan.  I know some of you guys probably hate on hockey, but its like a religion in some regions of Canada.

hockey teams have the coolest names ever. Blackhawks! Thrashers! Flames!. They're just AWESOME! but then there are some weird ones...
Steezimax
esy.iam View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote esy.iam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2008 at 7:34am
i haven't been able to watch F1 in a while. moving back in with my parents and not having cable or a TV is a little weak. i remember i used to flip the TV on on Sunday morning and before the screen came to color, i'd hear the lovely sounds of the F1 cars. it was awesome. it was either the F1 sounds, or the awesome sounds of MotoGP, AMA Superbike, etc. Big%20smile
peace.
overkill127 View Drop Down
Local
Local
thank you come again

Quote overkill127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2008 at 7:40am
i used to get speed channel, but i dont anymore. I used to love to watch bike racing, f1 and rally. I wonder what dish did....I think the plans got changed around or something Confused
Steezimax
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Quote ANGRY AGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2008 at 9:12am
Originally posted by daxdagr8t

Lebron has a definite beef with the Cavs. He's been there for 5 years and they still have a crappy team so ya. It will be awesome if he'll sign with New York though. The biggest self centered athlete IMO is Marbury. Seriously, I don't know whats up with that guy.
I totally disagree with you Dax.  I wouldn't play for those assholes either.  Marbury came into to camp in the best shape ever and was ready to go and they told him to pack it up that he wasn't in there plans that he wouldn't play at all this year.  Then when they start to trade there team away, so they can gear up for 2010 to try and get LeBron and Chris Bosh and DeWayne Wade which wouldn't it be quite Ironic if they didn't get any of them, and when they have no one left and their team sucks ass all the sudden hey we want you back.  Phuck that you dumped me in the gutter in the beginnning and now when you don't have shat you want me back.  I am never 2nd best and I am totally with Steph on this one.  Mike DeAntoni made himself look really bad on this, and as a matter of fact I kinda don't like the guy anymore becasue of the way this was handled.  He has been so smug about it with his little attitude.  It's almost like your girlfriend dumping you for someone else and then coming back after she had her fun and saying baby I want you back.  What are you gonna say and if you say yes.....I would have lost all my respect for you.  Good job Steph F&^% New York and they won't get LeBron either that would just make my dayLOL
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2008 at 9:54am
I am really freaking pumped about my beloved VOLS hiring Lane Kiffin.  He was the first guy on my list when they announced they were firing the great pumpkin Phil Fulmer.
www.chargeharder.com
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Quote ANGRY AGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2008 at 9:57am
Only problem with Lane is he is going to have a tuff time recruiting down there against Urban Myar, Steve spurrier, Lsu, Alabama and Georgia.  He's isn't from those parts and Tennesse is already taking a bunch of criticism for this hiring.  We'll see Bru.......
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2008 at 10:09am
I think once he gets established he will be fine.  Urban came from Utah and isn't having any trouble recruiting.  He was a BEAST of a recruiter at USC.  Plus I keep reading reports that He may be bringing his dad in to be the Defensive Coordinator.  Having Monte Kiffen as our Defensive coordinator would be HUGE in recruiting.
www.chargeharder.com
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2008 at 10:55am
Barkley vs LeBron in a cage match, who wins? 

I know LeBron has youth on his side, but there is something to be said for Barkley's combination of experience (been in many more fights in his career) and craziness. 

Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Quote ANGRY AGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2008 at 10:59am
i would have to take LeBron right now but definitely Barkley in his prime.  He didn't have any problem trying to mop Shaquilla upLOL  He has thrown quite a few people through windows like jazz getting thrown outta the banksesBig%20smile
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2008 at 11:28am
Watching Portland vs Detroit right now.  Can't believe that Batum missed a wide open dunk.

Rasheed Wallace Vs Rasheed Wallace II (Lemarcus Aldridge), definately going Lemarcus' direction right now.  Rasheed had some great comments about him before the game. 
esy.iam View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote esy.iam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2008 at 11:29am
i would say LeBron just because all that hGH that manchild has taken had to have done him some kind of good. hahha. Tongue

i'm pretty certain that the Knicks are going to get LeBron because with all this talk, rumors, etc., and the Cavs have yet to really throw another offer at him? i don't know, it seems really weird that the Cavs have just sat back and done nothing. if i were LeBron, i'd be a little mad with the organization because they've given him no one to help him take the team to that next level.

when D'antoni first went to NY, i was almost sure that he was going to find a way to get Nash and Amare up there. i think he'd be happier with LeBron, anyways.
peace.
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Quote ANGRY AGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2008 at 11:39am
dude you are crazy esy!  They just did a major 5 player deal last year.  Not only that they offered LeBron the Max on the last deal and he only wanted to take the short term deal so he could opt out in 2010.  Cleveland has tried to do things to make him happy and trust me it's not even close to him going to New York believe that.
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2008 at 11:54am
I find it pretty interesting that nobody is paying attention to the fact that Cleveland has one of the best records in the league.  All this talk about the Cav's not winning and they are putting together a title run as we speak.  I'm sure he will be most happy to leave that and head to the Knicks, which are obviously a first class organization that treats all of its players and staff as members of the family.......SIKE!
daxdagr8t View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote daxdagr8t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2008 at 12:03pm
Everyone seems to forget that Lebron is from Akron not from Cleveland! Seriously, with all Lebron's talent they should have an awesome team but Danny Ferry is an average GM at best so ya. Marbury is the biggest primadonna, if Dantoni doesnt want to play him then the GM should have said something, they are working on a buy out on him. He said a year ago that he wanted to play in Italy because his wife loves the place so I wouldnt be surprise if he bolts for europe after the buy out.
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Quote ANGRY AGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2008 at 12:09pm
i agree with the europe thing.  i wouldn't be surprised if a lot more players don't bail especially since average guys from here can go there and get paid like are superstars do.  Not only that but I heard that they aren't taking taxes away from some of the guys checks.  Why wouldn't you go and make more money and see the world.
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2008 at 12:41pm
They do take taxes, but European contracts are negotiated based upon the net to the player.  So if the contract is for 20 million Euro, there is likely 10 million Euro that the team pays on behalf of the player. 

It gets complicated though because as a US citizen, the player is supposed to claim the income on their taxes in the US as well.  There are a ton of loopholes around it though.  I'm curious to see which one of the guys who heads over is the first one to get nailed for tax evasion though.
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Quote ANGRY AGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2008 at 12:44pm
Yeah But I actually was watching something on ESPN a while back about players heading out and one of the Italian leagues I believe was offering no tax contracts as an incentive for USA NBA players to join their league.  I would assume that they would assume tax responsibilties for the players contract but that is one heck of an incentive.
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2008 at 1:56pm
Same thing, like I said, they negotiate the net of the contract, not the gross.  If you sign a 20 million Euro contract in Europe, you will recieve exactly that.  Taxes are taken care of by the teams. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 145>