Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1234 145>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ANGRY AGENT View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ANGRY AGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: All things SPORTS
    Posted: Nov/30/2008 at 2:28pm
Thats big time though don't you think?  Why not go and play for way more money then you would make here?  And it's only a matter of time before they put up enough money to lure one of our superstars away like a LeBron Or Kobe.  Once that happens it will be a snowball effect I believe.

On another note those Blazers are looking good.  What was your prediction on their win total this year 42?....  I think they look like a 50 win team this season if they stay on track.  New Orleans is the team that everyone is making look bad.  I think everyone is prepared for them this year and it's easy to expose them cuz their only real player is Paul.  Like I said Chandler is garbage and David West is there next scoring threat next to Paul.  Roy is the man in Portland though.  Oden is doing exactly what he is supposed to and is only going to get better.  You guys are soo young too damn!  Aldridge and Outlaw, you guys are loaded to Shaka.  As long as you lose to us it's all good thoughWink
daxdagr8t View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote daxdagr8t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2008 at 3:19pm
Portland are a legit team. They were legit last year and they'll be better this year. I doubt that Kobe and Lebron would jump ship to Europe anytime soon. Maybe when they are old and faded then ya. All things a side though, GO CLIPPERS!!!!!!
esy.iam View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote esy.iam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2008 at 7:20pm
yes, Blazers are legit. they've been making very good draft choices last few years, especially this past year. Bayless was a great pick up for them, IMO. hopefully the blazers don't turn into a modern day Clippers and trade away all of their building block players. 
peace.
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Quote ANGRY AGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2008 at 7:22pm
Well the Lakers are now 14-1.  Just got done killing the Raptors!  THey remind me of the Spurs, like they should be playing in Europe with all those foreign players.  Both the spurs and even more so the Raptors shoot the long range shot very well.  Back to the Lakers though I can't wait for Christmas day when we play the Celtics to see just where we are. 

Alas my bears lost today and it seems like we just can't get over the hump.  Devon Hester comes out guns blazing and catches a 50+ yard td and it looks like we're in the game.  Adrian Peterson is a monster though and my favorite player in the league.
esy.iam View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote esy.iam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2008 at 7:26pm
anyways, how about the 49ers still being in the playoff hunt?! hahah! it was an ugly win, but whatever. 
peace.
dlaw View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote dlaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2008 at 3:07am

going to the Celtics game tonight against the Orlando Magic, GO Cs!

On another note, the Bruins are killing it!  Beat the defending champ Red Wings 4 - 1 on Saturday.

tendafoot94 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
dirty

Quote tendafoot94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2008 at 11:48am
bengals lost again.....
if two rappers are vegetarian can they still have beef?
percept View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote percept Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2008 at 1:41pm
just watched some brandon jennings youtube clips.  that kid is a beast.
daxdagr8t View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote daxdagr8t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2008 at 2:03pm
marbury was told by the GM not to show up at all until further notice.
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2008 at 2:10pm
The worst divorce of 2008.  Knicks and Marbury.  Just a stupid situation all the way around and both sides have handled it about as poorly as possible.  The Pacers are doing the same thing with Jamal Tinsley and manage to keep it out of the media.  The Knicks should have known better. 

His whole situation is going to be a huge reason why I think NBA players are going to lose guranteed contracts in the next labor talks. 
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Quote ANGRY AGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2008 at 2:59pm
^^^they will have a strike b4 that happens shaka.  It won't even go down.  They have had it this long already and a few won't screw the rest out of it.  I would be shocked if that went down.
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2008 at 3:28pm
I think they will have a lockout.  Owners are going to look for a provision to get rid of bad contracts.  The Allan Houston rule was just a start.  The players are doing nothing in the media to build up support for their cause.  In fact, I would actually support it. I bet guys would go to the gym finally if they knew their 10 million dollar per year salary was in jeapordy. 
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Quote ANGRY AGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2008 at 3:30pm
What was exactly the Allan Houston rule, I vaguely remember it but don't remember the details
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2008 at 3:41pm
Basically allowed the teams to dump 1 bad contract as an incentive to kick off the new labor agreement.  Allan Houston of course was pretty much the poster child for it.  The Knicks gave him 120 million dollars when nobody else was offering more than 70 million.  He proceeded to get injured and basically never played again and wreaked havoc on their salary cap for years to come as a result. 

Other notable people under this were Michael Finley, Brian Grant and maybe Shawn Kemp, but I can't recall now.  The players still got all of their money, though the teams were allowed to pay it out over 10 years.  The players were also free to sign with different teams. 
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2008 at 3:41pm
Grant Hill may have been another one under those rules.
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Quote ANGRY AGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2008 at 3:47pm
Grant has actually held up quite well the last 2 years and hasn't played that badly either.  I sure thought he wasn't ever going to make it back to being an everyday player again myself.  I am really glad he did though because Grant is nothing but a class act and I like when those guys succeedThumbs%20Up  Bill Walton should have fell under that rule too...throw it down big fellaLOL  Poor Grant Hill never got to live up to what he would have become if it wasn't for those nagging ankles.  I think he would have been a top ten player in the league for sure, he was definitely on his way.
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2008 at 3:49pm
Actually, I just googled it, and even though its nicknamed "The Allan Houston Rule" the knicks actually used it to waive Jerome Williams because they gambled that Houston's knee injury would have been covered by his insurance policy anyway.  I never actually realized he wasn't waived under the rule that was later named after him.  
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2008 at 4:46pm
Yeah that was the craziest part of that whole rule shaka.  I was just going to post up they didn't use it to waive him.  I too think they should get rid of guaranteed contracts in the NBA.  The league is making strides to get back to its glory days of the 90s but all this crap with players like Marbury and all the other phucks who screw up and sit on the bench and make 400k a game is total garbage.  I think contracts in all sports should be incentive based.  Guarantee them all the league minimum and let them work for the rest.
www.chargeharder.com
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Quote ANGRY AGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2008 at 6:28pm
I just can't get over this.  Vince by far was my best dunker of all time and that dunk contest that he won was the best ever not even debatable.

Dunking over 7 footers jumping straight over themShocked

Some of his best dunks but is missing a few

or remember this one of Kevin Johnson on the Dream

EMoney View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote EMoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2008 at 7:13pm
GO LAKE SHOW!!!!!!
Total days:67 Pow days:27
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Quote ANGRY AGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2008 at 7:18pm
Emoney's in the house ^^^LAKERS....Wink
rocheezy View Drop Down
Local
Local
Ready for the 2010 season!

Quote rocheezy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2008 at 8:15pm
anyone here interested, watch, or play rugby?? just curious.

i met two chicks friday night that played (i kinda jumped into their convo) and they were all excited cause they never find other girlie ruggers...

they'd kick my ass at snowboarding though. Cry
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/02/2008 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by ANGRY AGENT

I just can't get over this.  Vince by far was my best dunker of all time and that dunk contest that he won was the best ever not even debatable.

Dunking over 7 footers jumping straight over themShocked

I actually did a dunk like this once in a game.  The guy I jumped over was only about 6'2" though.  I could do it pretty easilly with someone in the 5'6" to 5'9" range messing around in practice.  Same thing with my brother.  highest I ever got in the air was when I got stiches over my left eye from hitting my head on the rim going for a block.  Still got the scar to prove it!  Another scar on my lip from hitting my face on the lower edge of the backboard. 
lursan View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote lursan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/02/2008 at 5:05pm
Lakers got their second loss today!!!AngryAngry

Lakers 117-Pacers118
lursan View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote lursan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/02/2008 at 5:06pm
shakuzu how tall are you??
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Quote ANGRY AGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/02/2008 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by lursan

4'7" that's why it's so amazing that he can dunk over guys 6'6"LOL
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/02/2008 at 6:27pm

5'11".  I come from a long line of dunkers.  My father is only 5'6" and I remember him dunking on my friends into his late thirties and after about six or seven knee operations. 

overkill127 View Drop Down
Local
Local
thank you come again

Quote overkill127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/02/2008 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by shakazulu12

5'11".  I come from a long line of dunkers.  My father is only 5'6" and I remember him dunking on my friends into his late thirties and after about six or seven knee operations. 

wow. i'm 5'6" and i can....um....touch the net...barely LOL
Steezimax
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/02/2008 at 6:40pm
Yeah, something in the genes.  Brother is 5'10" and still in shape, have seen him pull 360's in traffic.  All my cousins are between 5'7" and 6'1" and throw down pretty easily.  Every single one of us has horrible knee's though.  I think its funny that I pretty much pass out walking up a flight of stairs right now I'm in such bad shape, but I can still dunk a basketball pretty easily......well once, then I'm too tired to try again.  
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/02/2008 at 6:41pm
Get your ass to the gym shaka!!!
www.chargeharder.com
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/02/2008 at 7:30pm
Yeah, I know....been saying it over a year now.  I can actually see 24 Hour Fitness from my place almost.  Opening your own company really kills the workout drive.    
lursan View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote lursan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/02/2008 at 8:50pm
That's cool, one of my bro's goal is to dunk one day, he's 5'11" and can barely touch the rim. But he's a little heavyWink so if he lost a little wait he could do it. I'm 5"7" but my main sport is soccer, so height isn't really a factor.
Wink
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Quote ANGRY AGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/02/2008 at 9:29pm
Well once again the Lakers go into a game thinking they can turn it off and on whenever they want to and lose a game because of it.  They only play consistant D-fense when they feel like it and honestly if they played D-fense for 48 minutes they would blow everyone out no problem, and I just don't know why they won't buy into it.  If they keep this attitude they won't win another title and it pisses me off.  Kobe is always yelling at everyone for everything and tonight that last play was his fault.  He decided to switch on his man and left Gasol out to dry when dude cut to the basket and got a lay up try, both Gasol and Kobe tried to block the shot and Kobe should have blocked out instead and wasn't in postition.  Subsequently the ball was tapped in for the win.  They had a 15 point lead going into the 4th quarter.  If they blow people out and keep the foot on the gas pedal other teams will give up, but instead they are sending the wrong message by letting teams creep back in.  Teams will all think they have a chance to beat the Lakers because they let their guard down consistantly.  COmpletely wrong message to send to the rest of the league!
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 4:49am

Yeah, I know....been saying it over a year now.  I can actually see 24 Hour Fitness from my place almost.  Opening your own company really kills the workout drive.    
I am starting the process of finding a gym by my new house this week.  I got a flier in the mail for a place that looks promising yesterday.  I now must go check out how many hot girls work out there before making my final decision.
www.chargeharder.com
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 6:27am

That's cool, one of my bro's goal is to dunk one day, he's 5'11" and can barely touch the rim. But he's a little heavyWink so if he lost a little wait he could do it. I'm 5"7" but my main sport is soccer, so height isn't really a factor.
Wink

Soccer players have hidden hops, they just have to learn how to transfer their horizontal explosiveness into the vertical plane.  I was a soccer player for a long time.  My freshman year my vertical leap was a whopping 14".  After a year of playing basketball it was in the mid 30's.  I was 5'6" the first time I dunked a ball at 15. 
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 6:28am
Originally posted by BRUIZZA

I am starting the process of finding a gym by my new house this week.  I got a flier in the mail for a place that looks promising yesterday.  I now must go check out how many hot girls work out there before making my final decision.

Hot girls is a must.  The one by my house is actually all the hottest chicks.  Why I can't get the motivation to go workout is beyond me.  Love the gym meat markets!

Oh and take a yoga class for the ultimate in meat market drooling. 
percept View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote percept Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 6:34am

Wink

Soccer players have hidden hops, they just have to learn how to transfer their horizontal explosiveness into the vertical plane.  I was a soccer player for a long time.  My freshman year my vertical leap was a whopping 14".  After a year of playing basketball it was in the mid 30's.  I was 5'6" the first time I dunked a ball at 15. 

that's just good genes.  i could probably do leg presses and drills for a straight year and not be able to dunk....and i'm 5'8. 

i think dunks look extra cool when you're short.  there was a guy in my hs that was about 5'5-5'6 that could dunk real easy, it was the slowest, smoothest dunk i've ever seen.  it's been reported that spud webb was able to dunk his senior year of high school standing only 4 feet 11 inches.  i wish i could have seen that with my own eyes. 
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 6:54am
Good genes can give you a massive head start.  But I'm a firm believer that if you really had the time and focus, you could probably do it.  I have seen some really non athletic people make huge strides as athletes.  Its just nowhere near as easy for some as it is for others.  Also, keep in mind I basically played basketball literally 8 hours a day for several years.  I was totally OCD about it.  I really sucked for a long time and had to make myself into a decent player. 

Leg presses aren't that good for hops anyway.  You want to do explosive exercises.  Cleans, deadlifts, martial arts or something. 
lursan View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote lursan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 7:13am
I hear what your saying shaka. I used to play volleyball for a little while and that helped me to learn to start jumping higher. I've played soccer for 14 yrs now, I've gotten real good at winning balls in the air over taller people. Also, I get nowhere near dunking, but it's funny that I still manage to out-rebound many guys way taller than me, just cuz I know how to jump. But I still suck at basketball at least on offenseLOLLOL
Black BNR32 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Black BNR32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 7:17am
So the big news in Canada is obviously hockey.  Anybody hear Sean Avery basically kick himself out of the NHL?  What an idiot.
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Quote ANGRY AGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 7:20am
I can outrebound guys a lot of times too just from knowing how to position myself right, boxing out.  I post up guys like 6'4" or 6'5" too because I have good foot work and junk in the trunk.  Guys get mad when they see a 5'8" guy just using the sh!t out of them in the post.  I love it too........getting in your opponents head and messing their game up, I thrive on thatLOL
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Quote ANGRY AGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 7:21am
Originally posted by Black BNR32

So the big news in Canada is obviously hockey.  Anybody hear Sean Avery basically kick himself out of the NHL?  What an idiot.
I seen part of it last night but didn't catch the whole story what happened exactly?
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 7:26am
Oh and here is the best Vince Carter Dunk Mix

Can't forget about the Josh Smith love though!

kimchijajonshim View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Bear Hugs!

Quote kimchijajonshim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 7:27am

I think that punishment is incredibly stupid... he is clearly a tactless idiot and mouthing of to the media, but you're seriously going to suspend him for it?  Meanwhile Todd Bertuzzi's still in the league?  Complete nonsense.  Gary Bettman needs to his head out of his ass.
ROLL ON, BISHES.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Black BNR32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 7:28am
Avery basically went on camera saying "Hey (player on team we're playing tomorrow), remember how you're getting my sloppy seconds with Elisha Cuthbert?"

He said sloppy seconds on camera and the media, league, and his team are basically sentencing him to death.

He was outta line, but dang he's gonna regret this one.  Gotta keep the over the top trash talking on the field or ice.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Black BNR32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 7:30am
Originally posted by kimchijajonshim

I think that punishment is incredibly stupid... he is clearly a tactless idiot and mouthing of to the media, but you're seriously going to suspend him for it?  Meanwhile Todd Bertuzzi's still in the league?  Complete nonsense.  Gary Bettman needs to his head out of his ass.

Just remember the formal disciplinary action is yet to be determined.  He has to do the customary "meet with the League" first and then the discipline will happen.
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 7:32am
Originally posted by ANGRY AGENT

I can outrebound guys a lot of times too just from knowing how to position myself right, boxing out.  I post up guys like 6'4" or 6'5" too because I have good foot work and junk in the trunk.  Guys get mad when they see a 5'8" guy just using the sh!t out of them in the post.  I love it too........getting in your opponents head and messing their game up, I thrive on thatLOL

I LOVE physical play.  My coaches could never figure out how a guy so skinny was so strong in traffic.  I just head straight for the contact and power right through anyone in the way.  Obviously pure physics takes over at some point, but usually I'm so high in the air it doesnt matter.

Had 5 double digit block games in high school as a little gaurd.  Still remember the game when I grabbed 13 rebounds in a quarter and 7 of them were offensive.  Jumping so high and so quickly gave me a huge advantage, plus I have huge hands so I could just palm or cradle the ball with one hand right in traffic.

Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 7:37am

Avery basically went on camera saying "Hey (player on team we're playing tomorrow), remember how you're getting my sloppy seconds with Elisha Cuthbert?"

He said sloppy seconds on camera and the media, league, and his team are basically sentencing him to death.

He was outta line, but dang he's gonna regret this one.  Gotta keep the over the top trash talking on the field or ice.

AHAHAHAHAHA that is one of the funniest things I have heard in while.  I don't see why that should cause him to get kicked out of the league though.  Big freaking deal.  Shaq swore on camera during a live game and didn't even get suspended.  I remember when Mike Tyson fought Razor Ruddick on regular TV live and they were stupid enough to interview him seconds after the fight was over.  I don't remember the whole thing, just the part where he said "he punches like a ****ing mule, S***, mother******"
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 7:40am
I just watched the clip.  Big freaking deal?  Tasteless?  Definitely.  Maybe worth a fine, sure why not.  But totally suspended?  I really don't get it.  Its hockey.  They let people fight on the ice.  I really don't see the problem. 
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Quote ANGRY AGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 7:42am
hey shaka remember this guy?

he was nice too.......
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 145>