Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <12345 145>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: All things SPORTS
    Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 7:47am
Baby Jordan?  Where the heck did he go after around 2000?  I rememer he was in Cleveland, then I heard he went to Europe and had some kind of back injury.  I always thought he was undersized to make it in the pro's.
ANGRY AGENT View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Quote ANGRY AGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 7:49am
yeah he just kind of vaporized and dissapeared, but he was a hell of a dunker.
bsimon2 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bsimon2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 7:49am
Originally posted by kimchijajonshim

I think that punishment is incredibly stupid... he is clearly a tactless idiot and mouthing of to the media, but you're seriously going to suspend him for it?  Meanwhile Todd Bertuzzi's still in the league?  Complete nonsense.  Gary Bettman needs to his head out of his ass.

I am furious that Todd Bertuzzi is playing again...And I can't respect any team that would hire him.
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Quote ANGRY AGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 7:52am
was it the whole sloppy 2nds thing with avery......sorry I am behind on this oneEmbarrassed
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 7:53am
Sean Avery is an embarresment. We all know I tapped it with Elisha Cuthbert first anyway.
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 7:55am
Originally posted by ANGRY AGENT

was it the whole sloppy 2nds thing with avery......sorry I am behind on this oneEmbarrassed

Besides essentially being the dumbest character ever in the history of 24, and possibly ruining every single movie she has ever been in (Girl Next Door doesn't count, they used body doubles), she is also a hockey groupie. 
bsimon2 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bsimon2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 7:58am
He was just calling a spade a spade tramp a tramp LOL
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Quote ANGRY AGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 8:02am
yeah I have to agree, that is one stupid reason to get kicked out of the league.  The guy is sorta like the Dennis Rodman of hockey, you need a guy like that around to create interest, especially for the NHL.  I mean let's face it they have had there share of problems especially trying to keep revenue up, so anything that brings attention to the league is driving up interest right?  Bettman is a dousche-bag and needs someone to take him out on the ice and grab his jersey pull it over his head and beat the be-jesus outta him.  Worst decision ever, nice job BettmanOuch
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 8:05am

I remember when the NHL went on strike and sportcenter did a poll and found at 50% of Americans didn't know.  Owners and players all fighting about money that they weren't even making!

Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Quote ANGRY AGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 8:08am
that's exactly what I mean.  any press is good press especially for the NHL bettman you dumb Phuck.  That was actually pretty mild too, Avery's comments that is.  I could see a hefty fine because the league doesn't want to portray that kind of image, but how many people will watch that and become a little more interested in the world of hockey if for nothing more then the drama.....
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 8:09am
Yeah, I really don't see the issue here.  Who hasn't banged her thats in the NHL?  I think the commissioner must have had sloppy thirds or something and it struck a nerve. 
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Quote ANGRY AGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 8:10am
LOL^^^^
bsimon2 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bsimon2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 8:17am

I'm not too familiar with Avery and his past slip-ups in the league...But this suspension is laughable.

How many games do you think he'll miss?  If he's out for more than 1 game, I'd be shocked.
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Quote ANGRY AGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 8:22am
I heard indefinitely
bsimon2 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bsimon2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 8:27am

But “indefinitely” means he can be reinstated at any time...including today.

Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Quote ANGRY AGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 8:30am
The rest of the season and maybe beyond
bsimon2 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bsimon2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 8:31am
That'd be insane.  It's possible, I'm sure.  But that'd be insane.
bsimon2 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bsimon2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 8:32am
Bettman's done dumber things LOL
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Quote ANGRY AGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 8:33am
Like bertuzziLOLOuch
bsimon2 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bsimon2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 8:37am
Exactly.  It's so upsetting, it's painful.

(LOL + Ouch = my sentiment)
Black BNR32 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Black BNR32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 8:58am
Yeah its just that Avery has been putting on an image that the League doesn't like and he finally crossed the line in their minds.

The real issue here is what Avery's team is going to do.  The owner has stated he would have suspended Avery if the League doesn't.  The media is predicting Avery has played his last game in Dallas.  I just wonder what other team will/can pick up his contract, which many feel is too rich for him.  So, the logical thing to happen would be
-NHL gives him some sort of small discipline
-Dallas suspends him from the team until they can figure out what to do with him
-Dallas either trades him or pays him out(aka Avery doesn't play in the NHL for a really long time)
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Quote ANGRY AGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 10:35am
Ok so now some new info has come out and Bettman is looking even worse.  It was reported that Avery was called a black player a "MONKEY" and nothing was done.  No suspension or any kind of discipline was handed down.  So it's ok to make racial comments but just not to degrade women, I think I understand Bettman now-Phucking retard!  Everyone on ESPN is making Bettman out to look like a really stupid individual that dropped the ball on the monkey comment and that he shouldn't have been suspended indefinitely for his recent comments.
bsimon2 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bsimon2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 10:42am
Bettman has been hated for years...Here's just another reason to detest him
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 10:42am
I'll be honest with you.  Without seeing the clip or knowing if he has a racist history, I would not be immediately offended if referred to as a monkey.  Any more so than any other word.

I think I have reached a point with most racist terms that if its not meant in a racist way, its just like any other degrading term.  Kinda hard to explain what I'm trying to say, but hopefully you get the idea. 

i.e. if someone drops the N-bomb, I generally associate it to describe ignorant people.  Which in my circle could be any race, though is usually attributed to blacks.  My blood doesn't get boiling.  Let it come from a card carrying Klan member and its another story though. 
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Quote ANGRY AGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 10:51am
yeah but the N-word with igga at the end instead of igger has become socially exceptable by all youngsters even in white neighborhoods and is what most everyone in LA goes around saying.  wad up N*&^% is a pretty normal thing nowadays.  I guess it would matter what context he used it in though.  I mean if he was just being racist and called him a monkey then he should have got his teeth knocked out.
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 10:56am

I hate that stupid "er" vs "ar" distinction.  Dumbest argument ever.  Its the same word. 

I guess what I'm getting at is the context.  I call my girlfriend a communist all the time and she doesn't take offense to it. 
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Quote ANGRY AGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 11:07am
Yeah IDK Shaka I'm not black.  My cousins are half black and seem to think it's funny to call me a graham crackerLOL cuz I'm half Salvadorian and half white.  You can just imagine what I call themShockedbeing family and allBig%20smile
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 11:15am
Thats exactly my point.  Unless I know the context of how he said it, then I would just talk it up to normal trash talking.  I didn't even know there were black people in the NHL. 
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Quote ANGRY AGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 11:19am
I went to NHL.com right now and typed Black Players into the search bar and the site almost crashed my computerShocked  Then I did it again and it shot me back to the IE cannot display this info pageShocked  Word?
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Black BNR32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 11:21am
lol...there's about 10 black guys in the NHL

no asians i don't think
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Black BNR32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 11:22am
acutally funny thing, the toughest guy in the league is a black french canadian who plays for Montreal
dlaw View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote dlaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 1:28pm

this might sound stupid but i kind of agree with NHL's decision.  If you go on ESPN you see Avery's little press conference where he says that NHL players are falling in love with his "sloppy seconds".  Although the words are harmless enough, it was premeditated.  We all know that there is tons of trash talking during a game but that stuff is left on the court, field, rink, etc.  To make a big deal and actually call the media over to say stupid stuff like that apparently crossed the line.
sin21856 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote sin21856 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 2:07pm

My friend's selling this Kobe print by Shepard Fairey, like it a lot, too bad I'm not a Kobe Fan Dead

Thought I'd throw it up here if anyone's interested.

Capita Horrorscope 52 - Union DK Custom House - GNU Riders Choice 57.5 MTX - K2 Formula - Burton Retro Twin 52 - Burton Cartel OLS - Thanks Sierra!
percept View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote percept Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by shakazulu12

I hate that stupid "er" vs "ar" distinction.  Dumbest argument ever.  Its the same word. 

I guess what I'm getting at is the context.  I call my girlfriend a communist all the time and she doesn't take offense to it. 

lol, isn't your girlfriend japanese?
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Quote ANGRY AGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by dlaw

this might sound stupid but i kind of agree with NHL's decision.  If you go on ESPN you see Avery's little press conference where he says that NHL players are falling in love with his "sloppy seconds".  Although the words are harmless enough, it was premeditated.  We all know that there is tons of trash talking during a game but that stuff is left on the court, field, rink, etc.  To make a big deal and actually call the media over to say stupid stuff like that apparently crossed the line.
COuldn't disagree more with you.  The content of what he was saying wasn't right I agree to that extent but that's it.  He didn't curse and didn't drop an exact name.  There is a freedom in this country called freedom of speech which in reality doesn't truly exist but for the sake of this conversation I will try and think it does.  He followed all the rules of the media when he made his comment and is not getting fined by the FCC.  He is being suspended because Bettman doesn't like him and that's the bottom line.  IF you read my post b4, Avery wasn't suspended for calling another black player an monkey, and in my eyes that is when he needed to be suspended.  There is something more going on here and it is personal but you are wrong in my opinion Dlaw he shouldn't be suspended for this for any length of time.  The NHL desperately needs all the publicity it can get to boost popularity for ticket and merchandise sales.  This guy has look at me written all over him and if he keeps it just barely under the radar the NHL should secretly be happy.  That is just my opinion though
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 4:33pm

Vince Carter's dunks make Harold Miner's look like kids play.

www.chargeharder.com
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by percept

Originally posted by shakazulu12

lol, isn't your girlfriend japanese?

She is Vietnamese.  She even has a cat that she named "Charlie". 
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by BRUIZZA

Vince Carter's dunks make Harold Miner's look like kids play.

I was always a fan of Steve Francis slams.  For a little guy, he used to be able to get up and had absolutely no fear going to the rim.  I remember meeting him and Charles Barkley back in the day and couldn't believe that neither one of them was more than a few inches taller than me. 
lursan View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote lursan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 5:01pm
^^That reminds me that I forgot to mention I met Kobe BryantBig%20smileBig%20smile at my school last year.
He was working out in our gym at UC Irvine. Apparently he lives in Newport Coast, which is by my school.
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 5:08pm
I met him on the court once back in the AAU days when he dropped 40 something on me and my team.  
lursan View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote lursan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 5:11pm
I'm sorry wat's AAU? That's pretty awesome that you've met various great players. Not many people can say that.
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2008 at 5:26pm
AAU = Ametuer Athletic Union (I think anyway).  Anyhow, high school level sports basketball teams.  Frequently stocked with the upper talent from around the country.  Many are basically travelling all star teams loaded with future NBA draft picks.  Some are just normal guys who want to play though.  Anyway, many of the big tournaments feature a lot of future stars.  I was playing back when McGrady, Jermaine O'neal, Bryant etc were all in high school.  So i was on the court with a lot of them.  You could tell some of the guys were going to the league though, Kobe in particular you just knew wasn't going to college.  
dlaw View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote dlaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2008 at 2:50am

Originally posted by dlaw

COuldn't disagree more with you.  The content of what he was saying wasn't right I agree to that extent but that's it.  He didn't curse and didn't drop an exact name.  There is a freedom in this country called freedom of speech which in reality doesn't truly exist but for the sake of this conversation I will try and think it does.  He followed all the rules of the media when he made his comment and is not getting fined by the FCC.  He is being suspended because Bettman doesn't like him and that's the bottom line.  IF you read my post b4, Avery wasn't suspended for calling another black player an monkey, and in my eyes that is when he needed to be suspended.  There is something more going on here and it is personal but you are wrong in my opinion Dlaw he shouldn't be suspended for this for any length of time.  The NHL desperately needs all the publicity it can get to boost popularity for ticket and merchandise sales.  This guy has look at me written all over him and if he keeps it just barely under the radar the NHL should secretly be happy.  That is just my opinion though

I agree that a suspension more than a game would be unwarranted.  I think the whole point of the suspension is to prevent other players from doing a similar thing.  Players could start using this to instigate penalties before a game even started.  Its not necessarily what Avery said but how he said it.  He was basically calling out one of the Flames players that the Stars were playing that night to the public instead of on the ice.  Imagine an "enforcer" calling out the opponents best scorer and then having that player go on "tilt" (mentally, getting into a fight, etc.).  That totally takes away from the game.  This maybe be biased since the Bruins are playing so well, but i think the play of hockey on the rink is finally heading towards a good direction.  Players and Referees both understand the new rules better now. 
md10holla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote md10holla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2008 at 3:57am
ufc and hockey is the way to go....i think football is sooooo boring...i had tickets to the pats and steelers game and just gave them to my friend....thats how much i dont like football
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Black BNR32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2008 at 5:00am
Originally posted by md10holla

ufc and hockey is the way to go....i think football is sooooo boring...i had tickets to the pats and steelers game and just gave them to my friend....thats how much i dont like football

Dang, that is some football hate!  its cool though, you don't like it, you don't go.

With Avery, both you guys are on point and make fine arguments.  Bravo.  Personally, I'm on the side of "let the team deal with it".  he didn't break any rules (well, maybe some widely accepted unwritten ones) and in my mind that makes it a team matter.
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2008 at 5:09am
I will be at the Bronco's game on Sunday.  I hope all this snow we are getting ends by then.  
www.chargeharder.com
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Quote ANGRY AGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2008 at 6:41am

I will be at the Bronco's game on Sunday.  I hope all this snow we are getting ends by then.  
WTF?.......are you for real?  First you sere crying for snow now you want it to stopConfused  You're just like a chick mind changes everyother minuteConfused  Dude take your hormone medication for realz yoLOL
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2008 at 6:46am

Yeah Bru', you are really starting to piss off the ninja's that don't have any snow right now. 

BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2008 at 7:15am

WTF?.......are you for real?  First you sere crying for snow now you want it to stopConfused  You're just like a chick mind changes everyother minuteConfused  Dude take your hormone medication for realz yoLOL
That was a ninja jab at all you folks without snow.  LOL
www.chargeharder.com
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2008 at 11:29am
Portland vs Centics tomorrow.  I can't wait for Portland to be put to the test on the road.  There is already some bad blood between the two teams.  Seems Garnett's trash talking has really rubbed Roy and Pryzbilla the wrong way.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 145>