All things SPORTS

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 126127128129130 145>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
iamjason10 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote iamjason10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: All things SPORTS
    Posted: Sep/11/2012 at 8:11am
got an email today about an airsoft scenario, some sort of zombie apocolypse, sounds pretty fun, i think im gonna do it
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2012 at 8:06pm
Im a day late on this but im happy for andy murray-finally winning a slam title after four previous finals losses-britain must be proud to have their first slam champion since 1936
humblerooster View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2012 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by timpiper

Im a day late on this but im happy for andy murray-finally winning a slam title after four previous finals losses-britain must be proud to have their first slam champion since 1936

I didnt think he could pull it out after losing the 3rd and 4th set so badly, but he did it. Its crazy how he is 4th in the world and its his first slam championahip.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2012 at 12:47am
So much for the Aldo/Edgar fight at ufc 153. Aldo out with a foot injury. Just a plague of injuries going around. Hope Dana can figure something out or it could hurt them.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2012 at 6:29am
Pacquiao/Marquez IV. I think its possible for Pacquiao to lose two in a row (with controversy). Marquez was always a good match up for Pacquiao. Not sure if its finalized, but it supposed to go down 12/8.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
giftedhands View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Quote giftedhands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2012 at 7:36am
congrats to manny on successfully ducking the entire welterweight division, AGAIN, to fight a 39 year old lightweight, at what im sure will be yet another catchweight. Either Manny knows he lost his last fight against Marquez, or he's taking a fight against a guy that he actually thinks he beat 2 times already. Really hope its the former. The latter would be rather pathetic. 
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote diviesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2012 at 7:53am
Originally posted by humblerooster

I didnt think he could pull it out after losing the 3rd and 4th set so badly, but he did it. Its crazy how he is 4th in the world and its his first slam championahip.

I'm glad he won too, always cheered for him in the past then he would get smoked in semi-finals usually by Novak. Starting to see a changing of the guard with Federer and Nadal losing their effectiveness and Murray and Ferrer stepping up. Should be interesting next year.
snowboardinrox357 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote snowboardinrox357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2012 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by diviesti

Originally posted by humblerooster

I'm glad he won too, always cheered for him in the past then he would get smoked in semi-finals usually by Novak. Starting to see a changing of the guard with Federer and Nadal losing their effectiveness and Murray and Ferrer stepping up. Should be interesting next year.

Apparently Andy Murray broke some records by playing the US Open. He became the first British man since 1936 to win a Grand Slam singles tournament. It's interesting how he also won the gold medal in men's singles at the 2012 Olympics.
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2012 at 10:47pm
Both fields had some of the best players missing so this might have helped his efforts. Even saying that you can't take away the way he beat Djokavic the match was amazing!
sdip12 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Stash

Quote sdip12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 7:21am
Everyone! The NFL refs are back! they finally came to an agreement on the contracts and they will be officiating the game tonight! I think the NFL thought they could get away week by week with the replacements refs but once the Monday night football incident with the packers and sea hawks happened i think they said that's it we need the real refs back. And now there back! cant wait to watch the game tonight with some real officials.
MtMansfield View Drop Down
Local
Local
up at holiday valley

Quote MtMansfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 7:28am
Originally posted by sdip12

Everyone! The NFL refs are back! they finally came to an agreement on the contracts and they will be officiating the game tonight! I think the NFL thought they could get away week by week with the replacements refs but once the Monday night football incident with the packers and sea hawks happened i think they said that's it we need the real refs back. And now there back! cant wait to watch the game tonight with some real officials.

It's kind of unfortunate that the official officials    are coming back during the game tonight... the Browns could really use some bad calls to win a game.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 7:46am
^haha true. Poor Browns just can't catch a break!
| | | bryman | | | View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 7:48am
^^^ we were actually loving the replacement officials, they didn't know the deal (i.e., that any forward progress by the Browns should be negated by some type of phantom penalty)

-b
get bent
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 5:44pm
3 words I never expected to hear: Bikini Basketball League. F yeah!
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 6:05pm
Speaking of basketball-im ready for the NBA to start
tk177 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote tk177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 3:41am
Originally posted by solocreep

They actually have that?!

I love watching the Lingerie Football League Hug
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 5:35am
Originally posted by tk177

Originally posted by solocreep

They actually have that?!I love watching the Lingerie Football League Hug

There was an article on yahoo. If I remember correctly, they're having try outs and games are gonna start summer 2013.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 7:15am
That is FUGGIN AWESOME! I might just consider getting cable again to watch that! hehe. Unless its like chicks from the WNBA in bikinis.. cuz... UGH Dead
sdip12 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Stash

Quote sdip12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 10:39am
That's awesome! I thought lingerie football was awesome! Bikini basketball is gonna be sweet.

When do the tryouts for this bikini basketball start?! i hope there as attractive as the girls in lingerie football
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 2:50pm
Jobe Watson took out the Brownlow medal in the AFL (Australian football league) for any interested
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 7:53pm
Lingerie Football? Bikini Basketball? Can't believe that actually exists? I think I may have found something to keep my busy for the winter season.
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 10:01pm
Lingerie Football was the best! But man, bikini bball is gonna be awesome.

Let's hope one day it becomes an official Olympic sport! hahah
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
tk177 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote tk177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2012 at 3:00am
Originally posted by j_lucky84

Unless its like chicks from the WNBA in bikinis.. cuz... UGH Dead

I don't know about you but Candace Parker is HOT Evil Smile

j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2012 at 9:18am
Lol, ya got me there.. but that's still only one example out of the entire league! I've got nothing against the WNBA, it's just not for me. Throw down some dunks and I'll watch that on sportscenter.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2012 at 8:31pm
I wouldn't know if there's any hotties in the WNBA cuz I I forget it even exists.
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/01/2012 at 4:17pm
Dunno about bikini basketball, women that play basketball are all huge haha. At least lingerie football they all look fit as
The Rad Boarder View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote The Rad Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2012 at 12:10pm
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2012 at 6:09pm
Nba is less than a month away-im more than ready to watch the new lakers lineup
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2012 at 12:03am
Voted for ya mate, it's pretty tight hopefully a few more help you out
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/06/2012 at 5:10am

The lakers needed this team 4 years ago. They are old and the Thunder are coming out of the West again.  Howard is a great defender but he has a long ways to go offensively.
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2012 at 7:05pm
Surely lakers will be the favs to take out the championship???
Jigkidd View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
TWISTER!

Quote Jigkidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2012 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by HAVEN2135

The lakers needed this team 4 years ago. They are old and the Thunder are coming out of the West again.  Howard is a great defender but he has a long ways to go offensively.

No one on the Thunder will be able to check Howard.
Jump shooting teams don't win championships.
Long hair don't care!
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2012 at 8:21pm
Thats my thoughts exactly, all their stars are big scorers but have little presence in the paint
RastaRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RastaRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2012 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by mj2delmenico

Thats my thoughts exactly, all their stars are big scorers but have little presence in the paint

They might have little offensive presence in the paint, but they have one of the best defensive big men in Perkins, and Ibaka isn't a slouch either.

Can't wait for the season to start! Gonna be an awesome year, I love that the nuggets added Iguodala, hopefully we can get past the first round finally haha
MathiasM View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote MathiasM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2012 at 8:42pm
Yankees win first game!!! WHOOOOOOOO... anyone?
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2012 at 8:46pm
Here in la everyone is acting like with nash and howard the lakers are shoe-ins to return to the finals but i dont see it-i think okc makes it back-should be fun to watch as always
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2012 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by MathiasM

NO. No one. Yuck the Fankees.
shing02 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote shing02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2012 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by MathiasM

yeah, no one really likes a consistently performing team...or well, an overpaid consistently performing team...they've shown time and again that they could basically almost buy games ;D
highway12south View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote highway12south Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 12:56am
Think NFL players are overpaid?
MathiasM View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote MathiasM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 9:02am
Im so sick of the argument that the Yankees buy titles. Its just envy from bad teams around the nation.
The Yankees have money because they have fans, they have fans because they win. They did a lot of their winning before having huge amounts of money. And baseball is a business, Yankees have perfected the art.
What I dont like it fair weather fans... Im from NY but if youre some random cali kid who wears yankee hats.. we will have a problem.
RastaRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RastaRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 9:16am
It's kinda hard to say they don't 'buy' titles when year in and year out they have the biggest payroll in the MLB. Their total payroll for 2012 is almost $198 million the next closest is a little over $174.5 million.

While there is nothing wrong with that, any team that could draw in high profile players and afford them would do the exact same thing, there's also no denying that they do 'buy' or attempt to 'buy' titles. Again nothing wrong with it, but it's hard to argue that they don't do it.

As is the case in any sport, people will always dislike and envy the top teams. It's nothing new and it isn't going to change.

Also it's all relative, sure they did a lot of their winning before having huge amounts of money, but it's not like any of the other teams had huge amounts of money either.

Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 9:36pm
Granted I haven't watched a whole lot of it, I think the salary cap situation in the MLB makes it reasonably boring. I'd get sick of watching the same teams making the playoffs nearly every eyar.
shing02 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote shing02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by highway12south

Think NFL players are overpaid?

the difference is what a team can do with LESS eg. oakland A's coming in to post season were only 1 win short of the yankees and having the best record in the AL. 
in this case, the yankees are overrated and everyone on their team is pretty much overpaid...by a lot

especially jeter....no way he was worth all that...
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2012 at 5:06am
Jeters contract is more what he did, and to keep him a Yankee.
MathiasM View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote MathiasM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2012 at 6:58am
See it totally agree with rostarider. Im not deny they "buy" the top players... but if they can... why not. The point is to win and if they have attracted a huge fan base for winning, they will have the money to continue to. The envy thing is what is ridiculous. People get pissed purely cause they arent winning like the yankees.
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2012 at 8:48pm
Mj2-clearly you havent seen any baseball in the past decade-the same teams making the playoffs has not been an issue in baseball-we've had teams like the dbacks and angels win the world series-we've seen small market teams like oakland and tampa bay get good-weve seen the return of the orioles-in essence, theres only a small habdful of teams that havent had at least a taste of winning in recent years
grapeape2669 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote grapeape2669 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2012 at 5:27am
Originally posted by shing02

the difference is what a team can do with LESS eg. oakland A's coming in to post season were only 1 win short of the yankees and having the best record in the AL. 
in this case, the yankees are overrated and everyone on their team is pretty much overpaid...by a lot

especially jeter....no way he was worth all that...
But the Yankees make money even with that payroll.  There are obviously a lot of factors that come into play on why the Yankees franchise is profitable, but the bottom line is that they pay their players more because they can.  If you look at it strictly from a business perspective, isn't your value tied to the profitability of the organization?  And following with that theme, Jeter was a huge part of the Yankees resurgence in the mid-'90's, so they should be paying him more than what might be considered his fair market value.  He sells tickets.  He sells merchandise.  He wins.  
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Local
Local
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2012 at 6:05am
Can anyone see the name "Coco Crisp" and not giggle a bit??  Are there players named Rice Crisp, Frosted Flak, Lucky Char, and Fruity Peb as well?  It's terrible, but I just can't see that name without thinking that.  It sounds like a Saturday morning cartoon: Coco Crisp saves the day! (Headline 10 minutes ago in my Google News feed.)
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2012 at 7:22am

Mj2-clearly you havent seen any baseball in the past decade-the same teams making the playoffs has not been an issue in baseball-we've had teams like the dbacks and angels win the world series-we've seen small market teams like oakland and tampa bay get good-weve seen the return of the orioles-in essence, theres only a small habdful of teams that havent had at least a taste of winning in recent years

Nice post, Tim :). The MLB actually falls right in the middle of the "variety" spectrum, atleast over the last 3 years.

That's 14 teams who have made the playoffs (Limited to 10 teams/year in 2012, 8 in 1995-2011) in the last 3 years; 2 teams who have made the playoffs each of the last three playoffs (none of whom have been their division champs all three), 7 teams who have made it 2 out of the 3, and 5 teams who have made it 1 year of the three. Dividing teams seen by spots available, this gives a ratio of 1.615 new teams per spot over the last 3 seasons.

Byn the NFL's 12-team playoffs, in the last 3 years, 22 different teams have made the playoffs; 4 teams have made it all 4 years (NE won their division each of those 3), 6 have made it 2 of the 3, and 12 have made it in one year (4 from the AFC, 8 from the NFC). Sounds like the NFC can make the argument of parity, but the AFC is pretty much decided. Either way, dividing teams seen by spots available produces a very respectable ratio of 1.833.

Lastly, in the NBA's 16-team playoff system, only 22 teams have seen the playoffs in the last 3 years; 10 teams have made it each of the last 3, 6 teams have made it 2/3, and 6 have made it once. dividing teams seen by spots available renders a paltry 1.375, by far the worst of the group.

Can i get like 900 points for posting this shit? it took a lot of work :\ lol

MathiasM View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote MathiasM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2012 at 2:34pm
Cant we all just agree that Jay-Z made the Yankee hat more famous then any Yankee can? I mean... come on. No but really, there are a lot of other factors that puts the yankees on the top of the payroll.. theyve made a image of themselves outside of baseball itself.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 126127128129130 145>