All things SPORTS

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 130131132133134 145>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: All things SPORTS
    Posted: Jan/23/2013 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by cheemaster

Sharapova just lost. Though I'm much more surprised at the Serena loss. Well I guess after the injury it makes sense. The commentators talked towards the end as if Serena was 100% but to me she still wasn't the same. Not taking anything away from Sloane, who will obviously be a great player in the future, but if it weren't for the back spasms, Serena would've beaten her easily, in my opinion.
Tsonga also lost last night which I guess was expected but he put up a fight against Federer going the distance.

I can't believe Serena lost to her either. She has always been a fighter, and a very successful one too. I hope she recovers quickly...However, Sharapova losing is meh, I was a huge fan of her in 2004 or something when she was killing it!
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/24/2013 at 2:31pm
Sharapova losing is a huge shock. Going into the match she had barely lost a game throughout the tournament. I'd like to see Li win the women's just for something different.
humblerooster View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/24/2013 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by mj2delmenico

Sharapova losing is a huge shock. Going into the match she had barely lost a game throughout the tournament. I'd like to see Li win the women's just for something different.

I was crazy shocked too. Sharapova blew past everyone the whole tournament. Can't believe she lost..
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/24/2013 at 10:10pm
Who will win out of Murray and the Fed? Surprisingly Murray holds a 10-9 career record in majors over Fed. I'm still backing the king to win it
LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/25/2013 at 7:38am
The POWER GINGER came through.  Great for Federer making it to a 5th set, but Murray was at his best.
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/25/2013 at 12:15pm
It was a high class match that's for sure. I would have loved to see Fed win it but I think watching the previous games Murray has the best chance to make it a great final with the Joker
rosati777 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Calvin and Hobbes Extreme Sports

Quote rosati777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/27/2013 at 8:00pm

If everyone was doping, as Lance insinuates, then he was obviously the best at it!! Not to mention his bouts with cancer along the way. Some of the things they were doing like injecting etc on the side of the road and in camper vans with the fans just outside are pretty full on

I just don't understand how Lance got tested so many times and never was found to be on roids? can someone explain it to me like im a 5 year old?
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2013 at 7:49am
^the only limits to cheating is the imagination. People go to great lengths to cheat, including using a catheter to pump someone else's clean piss into your own bladder so you'll piss clean. I'm sure Lance and his team had their techniques down.
Shop smart... Shop S-Mart.
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2013 at 3:38pm
They were obviously running one of the most advanced systems and some of the the things they done were very questionable. Injecting on the side of the road and throwing away the evidence is just one example
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2013 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by julius77

^the only limits to cheating is the imagination. People go to great lengths to cheat, including using a catheter to pump someone else's clean piss into your own bladder so you'll piss clean. I'm sure Lance and his team had their techniques down.

I don't know why everyone is ragging on Lance Armstrong.  I tried riding a bike while on drugs and if anything it made it more difficult, I rode straight into the back end of a parked car.  Wink
humblerooster View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2013 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by sideways99

Originally posted by julius77

I don't know why everyone is ragging on Lance Armstrong.  I tried riding a bike while on drugs and if anything it made it more difficult, I rode straight into the back end of a parked car.  Wink

When an athlete cheats and wins... He/she usually get caught.
When an athlete doesn't cheat, well he/she usually doesn't win
Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Jaydoc08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/29/2013 at 6:13am
If this whole Lance Armstrong thing taught me anything its that its better to deny than to admit to doping.
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/29/2013 at 10:29pm
haha better to deny then be sued for the rest of your life? He will be in court forever with numerous organisations suing for the money they paid him. I'd take being caught a while ago instead of that
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2013 at 6:14am
Aldo/Edgar fight was intense! Respect to Frankie for taking the champ to the distance. You can tell Aldo slowed down a lot after the third rd and that's when the jersey kid took it to him. But I felt the fight was a lot closer than which it was scored. That fight didn't disappoint, it was worth the ppv itself imo.

Also glad to see Overeem get his cocky head smashed in.
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2013 at 12:33pm
ESPN in Aus didn't air any of the superbowl commercials does anyone know where I can view them?
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/05/2013 at 8:56am

ESPN in Aus didn't air any of the superbowl commercials does anyone know where I can view them?
Dude, its nothing special. Why would you want to watch them anyways?
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/05/2013 at 9:01am

Most likely youtube has all of them.
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/05/2013 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Von44

Dude, its nothing special. Why would you want to watch them anyways?

I just watched a bunch of them and your right. Nothing special
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2013 at 7:46am
I liked this years a bit more than last years', but not for any particular reason. Some were outright dumb, but I got atleast a chuckle out of some of em. Last years just didn't reach me, and for the most part, I'm the demographic a lot of those ads are aimed at. Shame on you. lol

I do feel like there were a lot fewer station-specific advertisements in this year's advertising (i.e. upcoming CBS shows, etc) than I remember there being last year. I was quite thankful for that, and not only cuz CBS has far too many crappy shows.
Corza202 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Hammocks are a way of life

Quote Corza202 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2013 at 12:02am
Hey guys it's Still summer here over in Aus and i need something to do until the snow season. Anyone got any ideas on what I can do until then?
525polaris10 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote 525polaris10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/12/2013 at 11:28am
Buy a freebord. As long as you have some hills. A freebord is exactly like snowboarding except on pavement. Just the falls hurt a little more
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/12/2013 at 2:38pm
or wakeboard, surf, longboard, skateboard....any board sport will fill time 
twolf123 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote twolf123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/12/2013 at 11:11pm
GOD DAMN IT, NOT A SINGLE BAY AREA TEAM HAS WON SINCE THE 49ERS LOST!!!
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2013 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by twolf123

Sounds like all is right in the sporting world, then. ;) lol
rosati777 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Calvin and Hobbes Extreme Sports

Quote rosati777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2013 at 1:00pm

haha better to deny then be sued for the rest of your life? He will be in court forever with numerous organisations suing for the money they paid him. I'd take being caught a while ago instead of that

its so stupid. he deserves it. ruining my childhood. WTF/ Lance you cheating bastard
twolf123 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote twolf123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2013 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by j_lucky84

Sounds like all is right in the sporting world, then. ;) lol

well...hopefully we at LEAST hit the respective conference championships!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2013 at 6:17am
Shocking to hear that Oscar Pistorius was charged with the murder of his gf. This guy was an Olympic inspiration to many and to hear this is effd up. Maybe she cheated on him with a dude that had legs.
twolf123 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote twolf123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2013 at 11:39pm

Shocking to hear that Oscar Pistorius was charged with the murder of his gf. This guy was an Olympic inspiration to many and to hear this is effd up. Maybe she cheated on him with a dude that had legs.

or...it was a legitimate accident...but DAMN i feel bad for the guy if it was. the next few years for him is going tob e a living nightmare :/
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2013 at 11:54pm

or...it was a legitimate accident...but DAMN i feel bad for the guy if it was. the next few years for him is going tob e a living nightmare :/
no surprise to hear that Nike dropped him immediately. But I doubt it was an accident. This guy must've been dealing with a ton of shite over the years and had finally snapped. But I do feel bad for the guy and what's to become of him.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/17/2013 at 12:03pm
for someone who planned out a murder and finished it, why in the world would u feel bad for the guy, I don't care if he's an Olympian
coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/17/2013 at 1:11pm
you dont know if he did it yet, stop accusing the guy already 
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2013 at 11:13am
yea, we don't know if he did it. But the fact is if it was an accident, he's tarnished with this incident that will destroy his name for awhile
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2013 at 12:17pm
She had 4 bullets in her.  That seems more like domestic violence than someone fearfully firing at an intruder.
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2013 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by coolz

you dont know if he did it yet, stop accusing the guy already 

You say this like it is 50/50.  He definitely shot her - 100%.  We just don't know if it was a planned murder, a roid-fueled act of violence, or a devastatingly irresponsible use of a weapon that resulted in a dead 30 year old.
jades10 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jades10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2013 at 12:51pm
Super rugby is starting/started!
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2013 at 12:58pm
its about that time. wakeboard season is comin and i can't wait, along with motocross.
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2013 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by cds4288

its about that time. wakeboard season is comin and i can't wait, along with motocross.

I take it from your pic you ride a ronix board? What boat do you ride behind?
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/19/2013 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by LeerroooyJenkins

She had 4 bullets in her.  That seems more like domestic violence than someone fearfully firing at an intruder.
didnt police find a bloody bat in his house now too? I'm guessing he whacked her with a bat then tried to cover it up by saying he thought it was an intruder and shot her.
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/20/2013 at 12:49am

didnt police find a bloody bat in his house now too? I'm guessing he whacked her with a bat then tried to cover it up by saying he thought it was an intruder and shot her.

a bloody bat is in play now and it's premeditated murder. He made a statement in court suggesting that the couple were happy and in love haha
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/20/2013 at 7:01am
Life in prison sounds like where this is headed.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Online
  Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/23/2013 at 6:23pm

Life in prison sounds like where this is headed.

Don't drop the soap.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/23/2013 at 8:41pm
monster energy supercross this year is the sickness, make sure to check it out on SPEED. I just wish it wouldn't come on so late.
jades10 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jades10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/23/2013 at 9:43pm
Does anyone follow super rugby in the states?
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2013 at 5:23am
Originally posted by jades10

Does anyone follow super rugby in the states?
WTF is super rugby? And was it neccessary to add "super"?
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2013 at 2:55pm
Super rugby is a rugby league consisting of teams from New Zealand, Australia and South Africa. It's also known as Super 15's.

j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2013 at 4:28pm

Super rugby is a rugby league consisting of teams from New Zealand, Australia and South Africa. It's also known as Super 15's.

LOL.. so essentially it's "super(star) rugby", as it consists of the only teams that are any good :))
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2013 at 11:55pm

LOL.. so essentially it's "super(star) rugby", as it consists of the only teams that are any good :))

Basically :) although some from England may have take offense to that 
jades10 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jades10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/26/2013 at 12:58am
Clever marketing, making the Southern Hemisphere competition seem illustrious. It's still the best comp in the world.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/26/2013 at 5:01am

Almost like the champions league of rugby. I'm gonna say that one of those 3 countries you listed will win the whole shabang.
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/27/2013 at 11:42pm

Almost like the champions league of rugby. I'm gonna say that one of those 3 countries you listed will win the whole shabang.

Haha sorry I should have explained better. It is club teams from those three countries, so still like the champions league of rugby but not the world cup.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 130131132133134 145>