All things SPORTS

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 135136137138139 144>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: All things SPORTS
    Posted: Sep/13/2013 at 5:49pm
Mayweather bout to whoop some a$$ tomorrow.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
sideways99 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2013 at 8:27pm
^ Mayweather is going to make $100 million... amazing.      
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2013 at 9:02pm
Really hopes Alvarez puts a beating on Mayweather but in the end I think Floyd walks away with a close decision.
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2013 at 9:43pm
Mayweather could of made more than that if he had fought PacMan, but I guess at that time holding onto his clean record and hyping up his name was more important than the money.  A lot of people are giving him grief because he finally admitted to only accepting matches he had a good chance of winning, but hey he's laughing all the way to the bank so he did it right there.  LOL  
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2013 at 10:27am
Not a big fan of Money May cuz of the arrogance factor but yet he is still an incredible talent.
irish-boarder View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote irish-boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2013 at 10:38am
Can this be my beloved Arsenal's year? Here's hoping this form continues.
The 'GINGERS HAVE SOULS' kid is crazy..
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2013 at 12:31pm
He would have the luck of the Irish on his side and take home that pot of gold.  LOL  It should be a good fight but I still wouldn't pay for it.
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote diviesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2013 at 7:19pm
Can't wait for these undercard fights to get over with, bring on the Main Event!!
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2013 at 10:54pm
fight was weak. surprised bout the one judge scoring it a draw.
LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2013 at 11:27pm
HAving fun watching Notre Dame struggle.  I think they'll still pull it off, but they are clearly not as good as people thought.
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2013 at 11:27pm
Did anybody catch the end to that Wisconsin game.  That was messed up.  I expect some apologies.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/15/2013 at 11:40am
I feel sorry for everyone who actually paid to watch that.  LOL
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/15/2013 at 5:12pm
Really enjoying this season of tuf. 
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/17/2013 at 2:18pm
Gonna be interesting to see how Tim Thomas does after a year off.
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote diviesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/17/2013 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

Ya the fight wasn't worth a third of what pay per view charged, I went the illegal feed route on firstrowsports. The adds on that site are ridiculous, but the fact you don't pay make em worth it.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/17/2013 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by LeerroooyJenkins

Did anybody catch the end to that Wisconsin game.  That was messed up.  I expect some apologies.

Pac12 came out and said that the refs were wrong and their actions/confusion caused the delay that ultimately resulted in Wisconsin not being able to spike the ball to stop the clock for the field goal. But, the announcement changes nothing in terms of wins and losses. There should be some kind of immediate appeal process so things like this can be fixed, clock be run back, and teams given a chance. Instead of having refs ruin a game. Making an announcement after the fact is useless if nothing can be changed.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/17/2013 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by diviesti

Ya the fight wasn't worth a third of what pay per view charged, I went the illegal feed route on firstrowsports. The adds on that site are ridiculous, but the fact you don't pay make em worth it.
I can't remember the last time I actually paid for a ppv. My friends always go the free route. Smile
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2013 at 5:10am
Originally posted by Von44

Originally posted by diviesti

I can't remember the last time I actually paid for a ppv. My friends always go the free route. Smile

I think the Pacquiao fights are worth it. his style is more exciting to watch
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2013 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by solocreep

Unfortunately he's getting old now and his rocky marriage is screwing with his head.  
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2013 at 2:55pm

Unfortunately he's getting old now and his rocky marriage is screwing with his head.  
Agreed. I don't really wanna have to listen to my gf and half of Toronto crammed at BP crying all in unison if/when he gets knocked out again.
RedLego View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote RedLego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2013 at 5:16pm

Agreed. I don't really wanna have to listen to my gf and half of Toronto crammed at BP crying all in unison if/when he gets knocked out again.

The fight would have been good maybe 2 years ago but now no one really cares. Pac man seems more interested in other stuff  ie politics 

Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2013 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by RedLego

The fight would have been good maybe 2 years ago but now no one really cares. Pac man seems more interested in other stuff  ie politics 

or a singing career. I bereef i can fry LOL
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/22/2013 at 3:45am
Missed out on UFC 165 last night. Was really hoping for an upset. But I guess jones has proven to be the best out there. At least it sounded like the swede made the fight close and not just a jbj domination.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/22/2013 at 9:48am
Originally posted by RedLego

I think people are still interested IF it would happen, even if they were better fighters two years ago.  This is the "fight that will never happen" that baffles me.  There is so much in it for both of them and boxing, and they would rather talk big and make it seem like the other one won't fight, rather than actually making it happen.  It makes me think of every fight of mine age 10-16.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/22/2013 at 11:04am

I think people are still interested IF it would happen, even if they were better fighters two years ago.  This is the "fight that will never happen" that baffles me.  There is so much in it for both of them and boxing, and they would rather talk big and make it seem like the other one won't fight, rather than actually making it happen.  It makes me think of every fight of mine age 10-16.

Mayweather already stated that the fight would never happen because Pac wasn't a cherry picked opponent with a clear chance of winning over Pac so instead Money's team would hype up the potential for the fight to give the people what they want and increase the publicity for Money to increase his bank.  Mayweather only takes on fights he has a clear chance of winning to keep his perfect record, that's how his team rolls and he's loving it.  One sided fights are so boring~ 
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/22/2013 at 9:09pm
Can't wait for the NHL season to start. Tired of watching preseason hockey.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2013 at 3:18pm
2016 nba Allstate game could be in toronto sounds great and all but itll be embarrassing when there's no raps selected to the team.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2013 at 4:08pm
Shaq buys a minority share of the Sacramento Kings...would that mean he can't be on TNT since he'll be biased? It makes no sense to me..he's never played for the Kings, didn't grow up in Sacramento, has never lived in the area...really has no ties to the area... would have made more sense if he bought a share of the Magic, Suns, Heat, or Lakers...
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2013 at 9:03pm
Isn't he also a cop in the state of Florida or something? Maybe he's just bored and needs to keep himself entertained.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2013 at 9:04am
Originally posted by lightning80

Shaq buys a minority share of the Sacramento Kings...would that mean he can't be on TNT since he'll be biased? It makes no sense to me..he's never played for the Kings, didn't grow up in Sacramento, has never lived in the area...really has no ties to the area... would have made more sense if he bought a share of the Magic, Suns, Heat, or Lakers...

It was ALL because they will now call it the SHAQramento Kings.  He bought it solely for the sake of a pun.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2013 at 10:49am

It was ALL because they will now call it the SHAQramento Kings.  He bought it solely for the sake of a pun.

haha..i guess rich ppl can spend that kind of money just for a laugh...
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2013 at 11:10am
Wow at that load of spam posts!

Well people with money like to do stupid things just like how Mayweather wants Miley to walk him down to the ring in his next fights instead of Bieber because he wants to surround himself with the best.  LOL
360faceplant View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote 360faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2013 at 11:15am

I would think that there wasn't a minority owneship stake available for those teams. 

He can still be on TNT.  Just like Magic owns a tiny part of the Lakers and still does commentary, Shaq can do the same thing.
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2013 at 2:35am
AFL (Australian Football League) grand final this weekend.

Any Aussies out there have an opinion on who will win?
I'm hoping for a Freo victory

EDIT: So when I posted this and all my recent posts I have been getting some error that pops up, then when I hit refresh it says my message has already been posted and that I'm trying to spam? Anyone else having this issue or have had this before and know how I can fix it? Cheers
jstgermain View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jstgermain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2013 at 7:00am
Funny how America's big America's Cup comeback win consisted of one American on the team.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2013 at 7:18am
Funny how some baseball players wear snow goggles when celebrating (like the Tigers celebrated clinching the AL Central Division last night) while others wear swim goggles which are designed to keep liquid out of your eyes.  I would imagine the snow goggles do not do a good job of keeping champagne out of the eyes when it is being poured on the top of your head.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2013 at 10:13am
Originally posted by ctoma

Funny how some baseball players wear snow goggles when celebrating (like the Tigers celebrated clinching the AL Central Division last night) while others wear swim goggles which are designed to keep liquid out of your eyes.  I would imagine the snow goggles do not do a good job of keeping champagne out of the eyes when it is being poured on the top of your head.

yeah..snow goggles usually have some kind of foam that would allow some liquid to get inside to the eyes when they're being poured in large quantities...is there a difference between snow goggles and wakeboarding goggles? maybe those are more water resistant? i dunno...

by the way, congrats to the tigers.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2013 at 11:50am

yeah..snow goggles usually have some kind of foam that would allow some liquid to get inside to the eyes when they're being poured in large quantities...is there a difference between snow goggles and wakeboarding goggles? maybe those are more water resistant? i dunno...

Ball players def aren't the smartest ppl out there. Just watching them do an interview is painful.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2013 at 1:05pm
Just saw a video about the all American Manning family, I did not know the sad story about the eldest brother Cooper and his career ending illness.  
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2013 at 3:34pm

Just saw a video about the all American Manning family, I did not know the sad story about the eldest brother Cooper and his career ending illness.  

yeah..he's pretty emotional talking about his condition...poor guy..at least his bros can chip in and help him out w/ a few million here and there...
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2013 at 4:31pm

People even wear goggles for wakeboarding? 

Surely an obligatory celebration froth shower can't hurt your eyes that much that you need to wear goggles Cry
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2013 at 4:57pm
^^ yeah, so water doesn't splash into their eyes..especially ppl that wear contacts...the wind dries out the contacts
Local
Local

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2013 at 8:13am
Originally posted by mj2delmenico

Surely an obligatory celebration froth shower can't hurt your eyes that much that you need to wear goggles Cry

Champagne does sting, especially if it's a seemingly never-ending spray...

Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2013 at 8:37am

yeah..he's pretty emotional talking about his condition...poor guy..at least his bros can chip in and help him out w/ a few million here and there...

Isn't he also a successful lawyer or something?  I didn't watch the show, but I thought I had heard that before.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2013 at 11:44am

Isn't he also a successful lawyer or something?  I didn't watch the show, but I thought I had heard that before.

Yeah, he's pretty successful, he's a part owner of an energy firm in Orleans so he's happy where he is.
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2013 at 12:10pm
^I think Peyton might get more credit for what he does though.
Local
Local

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2013 at 1:53pm

^I think Peyton might get more credit for what he does though.

What do you mean?  Peyton gets more credit for doing what?
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2013 at 2:15pm
In sailing...America's Cup...one of the greatest comeback victories in history from being down 1-8 (0-6 at one point) and winning 9-8. they actually won 11 races, but 2 of them didn't count due to penalties.

Team USA bea Team New Zealand...but there was only 1 American on the USA boat...most of the crew were actually from New Zealand...does that still count as an American victory? Confused
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2013 at 4:54pm
^
I think it counts, because all of the spoils still come to the US.  Spoils like caring about Saling for 3 weeks every few years.

But agreed.  HUUUUGE comeback.  
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2013 at 8:00pm

Wow at that load of spam posts!

Well people with money like to do stupid things just like how Mayweather wants Miley to walk him down to the ring in his next fights instead of Bieber because he wants to surround himself with the best.  LOL

Yea, that's just stupid. Just like how he tweet's his winnings from gambling. He should post every loss and see how much he is in the hole from gambling
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 135136137138139 144>