Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 137138139140141 146>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: All things SPORTS
    Posted: Oct/21/2013 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by Von44

Cain is the man! JDS got absolutely schooled. But I'll give JDS credit that he can take a serious beating.

That was one bloody match!  That's what happens when you run your mouth.  LOL
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2013 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

Cain is the man! JDS got absolutely schooled. But I'll give JDS credit that he can take a serious beating.

Yep sent his ass packing back to Brazil. I'd love to see them go at it one more time just for kicks.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2013 at 1:35pm

Yep sent his ass packing back to Brazil. I'd love to see them go at it one more time just for kicks.

That would take awhile since he is out of commission indefinitely.  
RedLego View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote RedLego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2013 at 7:50pm

That will defeat the purpose of the rubber match. JDS did get schooled pretty badly.

Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2013 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by RedLego

That will defeat the purpose of the rubber match. JDS did get schooled pretty badly.

It's the only heavyweight fight that would generate the most interest out there cuz it's #1 vs #2 in the world. I wouldn't put it past Dana and the ufc to throw them back in the cage one day.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2013 at 5:19pm

It's the only heavyweight fight that would generate the most interest out there cuz it's #1 vs #2 in the world. I wouldn't put it past Dana and the ufc to throw them back in the cage one day.

Maybe not right away but later down the line.  
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2013 at 6:32am
Pacquiao fights at the end of the month. hope he wins cuz the last time I saw him he was face down sleeping on the canvas.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2013 at 12:50pm
If he loses then he should retire, he's getting too old or not focused enough due to personal issues.
k00p4hoang View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote k00p4hoang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2013 at 1:41am
Manny the Pac-man will win take the victory, 5th round.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2013 at 4:08am
Originally posted by k00p4hoang

well I'm convinced! Time to drop 10k on him.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
BrittsAirman View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote BrittsAirman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2013 at 11:49am
Georgia 23- Florida 20 yesterday with a huge match up.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2013 at 12:07pm

Go big or go home!  I like your style Von.  LOL  No need to even watch the match, just watch for the money to roll into your bank account.  LOL
k00p4hoang View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote k00p4hoang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2013 at 6:37pm
Golovkin and Stevens fight was amazing last night, it seems the russian boxers are coming up! Especially after seeing that heavy weight bout. Anyone else see HBO's boxing event on Friday Night Boxing?
LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2013 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by BrittsAirman

Georgia 23- Florida 20 yesterday with a huge match up.

I can't believe it ended that close after how it started!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2013 at 3:29pm

Go big or go home!  I like your style Von.  LOL  No need to even watch the match, just watch for the money to roll into your bank account.  LOL
what can i say AMY? YOLO!
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
steezemisterr View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2013 at 5:04pm
Yeah the Bills lost again yesterday in a heart-breaker. But I still had a great time at the game. They put on a good performance out there against the Chiefs. It was just unfortunate that their d put up 2 touchdowns against us while we held their offense to 0 td's. Still a shot at wildcard though and I am not giving up on em yet!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/05/2013 at 7:21am
I couldn't imagine having Aaron Rodgers as my Fantasy QB and then see him go down yesterday.  
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/05/2013 at 7:29am
^ Even worse than having him as your FF QB imagine being part of the Packer's organization and watching him leave the game in the 1st quarter.  There goes your MVP and your season.

The Rodgers injury is a mystery at this point, the Packers are not disclosing any information.  Rodgers is known to take a hit and get back up so it must be serious. 

Seneca Wallace as your backup QB is not the best backup plan...

Just read an article saying Rodgers may have a fractured collarbone and could miss at least 3 weeks.

Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/05/2013 at 7:31am
^yeah.  3 weeks for a fracture.  I don't know.  I could see them keeping him out longer if they were that ready to remove him from a division game.  They should want him to be fully recovered by playoffs (if they make it now).
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/05/2013 at 7:34am
Gotta think that being a Miami fan is much worse now (I guess it always is), but you gotta hate to have the magnifying glass on your whole system for letting that happen.  On top of that, there goes two from your offensive line and your quarterback is getting worse every game.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/07/2013 at 12:31pm
I have a feeling miggy is gonna be the AL MVP....again.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/07/2013 at 12:34pm

If he does win it is well deserved, the dude is a hitting machine.  From what I read various injuries slowed him down late in the season and prevented the possibility of back to back Triple Crowns, although I don't think he would have caught Davis in the HR category.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/07/2013 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by sideways99

If he does win it is well deserved, the dude is a hitting machine.  From what I read various injuries slowed him down late in the season and prevented the possibility of back to back Triple Crowns, although I don't think he would have caught Davis in the HR category.
Still not sure how trout is in the mix. He has good numbers but nowhere near what he had a year ago.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/07/2013 at 9:03pm
holy cow. Stanford on the verge of an upset.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/08/2013 at 5:13am
now hoping for bama to lose, just to shake up this whole bcs crap. highly unlikely tho.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2013 at 8:43pm
#5 Standford upsets #3 Oregon, 26-20.

#1 Bama beats LSU pretty soundly, 38-17.

#2 Florida State routes Wake Forest (they have a football team?), 59-3.

So does Stanford move to #3 or idle Ohio State?

solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2013 at 9:36pm
donaire with the unimpressive win. looks like he was losing til he landed a lucky punch.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2013 at 2:31pm
Looking forward to UFC 167 this wkd. Get to see GSP defend his title.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/13/2013 at 8:48am

#5 Standford upsets #3 Oregon, 26-20.

#1 Bama beats LSU pretty soundly, 38-17.

#2 Florida State routes Wake Forest (they have a football team?), 59-3.

So does Stanford move to #3 or idle Ohio State?

I actually thought Stanford could jump into 3rd and have a chance of being in the National Championship conversation, but it looks like voters and computers can't and won't forgive a loss to Utah.  I guess the PAC-12 again needs to wait for other teams to lose to get there.
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2013 at 10:57am
Looks like Mexico is headed to Brazil for the World Cup after smashing New Zealand yesterday...still can't believe the US gave their biggest rival a chance to qualify when they beat panama in the dying minutes...
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2013 at 7:31am
local boy Andre Ward fighting tomorrow. hopefully the shoulder healed well.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2013 at 10:30am
Originally posted by solocreep

local boy Andre Ward fighting tomorrow. hopefully the shoulder healed well.

That sounds like it's gonna be a disaster, he should take a longer break to let things heal completely.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2013 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by milutinho

Looks like Mexico is headed to Brazil for the World Cup after smashing New Zealand yesterday...still can't believe the US gave their biggest rival a chance to qualify when they beat panama in the dying minutes...

players play to win..tanking games on purpose is just not ethical, even if it would help the team in the long run.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2013 at 12:04pm
^ Who said sports were ethical?  Indy Colts... "Suck for Luck" campaign?
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2013 at 12:38pm

^ Who said sports were ethical?  Indy Colts... "Suck for Luck" campaign?

as players, do you really think they care about "Suck for Luck"? especially players with expiring contracts that are trying to get the next big contract? or the fringe players that are barely on the roster? you think they'll try to suck to help a team they probably won't be on? you think players tank games so they can be replaced by higher draft picks? the reality is that all the player are playing for themselves. they can care less about the future of any team.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2013 at 12:47pm
^ Yes.
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2013 at 1:12pm
^^^ Apparently, there's only 3 of us here today.

I've always believed (and have heard from ex-players on espn etc.), that often times, the players themselves don't really care about the long termness of the team.  many reasons: most players are only on a team for a short time, they may or may not have routed for said team as kids, they may play for multiple teams throughout their relatively short careers, they often don't actually "live" in the same city as their team, and many of them are not solid career in a city guys.  They are just trying to make it in the game of their choice. 

now, management can probably pull strings to tank things, and you know they are under the influence of $$ an fans.
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2013 at 2:44pm
hell yea they play for themselves...especially in the nfl where, as you mentioned, careers on average are like 4 years and no money is guaranteed. outside of the superstar players on each team that have guaranteed money contracts, it doesn't matter to them how the collective performs.

you also gotta think of those guys that do sign longer term contracts. they seem to put it on cruise control so they can survive the length of the contract and collect. then in the last year of the deal, they play out of there minds on every play. its definitely a business and the owners are definitely in charge.   i understand the players' point of view. they have a short time to get paid and for most of them thats all they got. i work with a former super bowl winner who was a 2nd/3rd string RB for 6 years. he says he thanks god every day he finished school and had options after he was done. he is now creating a program for former athletes to help them get acclimated to the real world again or in many of their cases for the first time.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2013 at 2:21am
Calling in sick tonight to watch ufc167. Thinking now that Hendricks might actually win.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2013 at 10:14am
You better hope for a good show otherwise you should of just went to work.  LOL
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2013 at 7:15pm
one thing cal and stanford can agree on is to beat usc. game is close. can't believe im saying this but, go stanford!
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2013 at 8:49pm
andre ward wins! the shoulder looks healthy.

and screw u stanford
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2013 at 2:17am
Wow great fight in the main event! Hendricks got robbed of the belt. Glad gsp is still the champ but tonight showed he's on the decline. Judges totally effed up on the scores. I feel gsp is ready to retire after this beating. Just doesn't have it anymore.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2013 at 6:40am
Did anyone see what USC fans were doing to Jonathan Martin at the game vs Stanford...pretty wild
Jonathan Martin tailgate...
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2013 at 10:26am
Hendricks just couldn't finish it up, he had it but let off giving GSP the win.  
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/18/2013 at 1:11pm

Hendricks just couldn't finish it up, he had it but let off giving GSP the win.  
Idk I really didnt think gsp had any business getting his hand raised after that lack luster performance. Gsp was desperate and knew he was behind in the scoring which was evident from the way he came out in the 4th and 5th. I had Hendricks taking the 1 and 2 with 3 going to the frenchy. A rematch is def in the works but I think gsp won't get to that point. Time to hang the gloves up.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2013 at 5:15am
Pacquiao/Rios this weekend. feels like forever since Pacquiao won a fight. I think he'll win this next one
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2013 at 11:21am
I wish boxing could get back to prominence, but I don't see it happening.  Brain Trauma awareness and UFC are tough to compete with. 
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2013 at 11:45am

Idk I really didnt think gsp had any business getting his hand raised after that lack luster performance. Gsp was desperate and knew he was behind in the scoring which was evident from the way he came out in the 4th and 5th. I had Hendricks taking the 1 and 2 with 3 going to the frenchy. A rematch is def in the works but I think gsp won't get to that point. Time to hang the gloves up.

That would be awhile considering Hendricks is going to be out of commission for 6 months and GSP having personal issues going on.  It's like he's pulling a PacMan on us.  LOL
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2013 at 1:46pm

That would be awhile considering Hendricks is going to be out of commission for 6 months and GSP having personal issues going on.  It's like he's pulling a PacMan on us.  LOL
Judging from the way gsp performed I think it's time he calls it quits. I'm sure he'd like to retire on top aswell rather than get laid out by Hendricks. Wouldn't be surprised if a rematch doesn't happen and he announces his retirement.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 137138139140141 146>