All things SPORTS

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 23456 145>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
lursan View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Online Status: Offline
  Quote lursan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: All things SPORTS
    Posted: Dec/04/2008 at 11:58am
^u mean celtics? I hope they lose. 
Black BNR32 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Black BNR32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2008 at 12:35pm
^^^
your avatar = classic moment in comedy
lursan View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote lursan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2008 at 12:47pm
Haha, Thanks!Big%20smile

Definitely a classic
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2008 at 1:29pm
Cutino Mobley retiring.  So he plays 8 years knowing that he has a heart condition, gets traded to the knicks and decides he cant play anymore?  I suspect the Knicks are going after insurance money.

Sad that both Mobley and Francis have ended up how they did.  It was only 3 years ago that Francis was in the MVP running in Orlando
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2008 at 2:02pm
Haha, saw this about Al Jefferson and Sebastian Telfair

"Apparently Al Jefferson and Sebastian Telfair had a friendly wager; Al challenged Bassy's ability to dunk the ball, putting $500 on it. Bassy apparently tossed the ball off the backboard and jammed it home. Bassy openly questioned Al about where his money was; Al responded jokingly, 'I don't pay people I can beat up ...' Guess Al forgets Sebastian is from Conley Island – they don't play in Coney Island."
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2008 at 2:21pm
What did happen to steve francis?
www.chargeharder.com
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2008 at 2:29pm
Surgery last February after being traded to the rockets and spending pretty much the entire year on the bench.  Just started practicing this week actually, but doesn't figure to play much as Houston has a ton of little gaurds already.

As for what happened in Orlando, I have no idea.  The first year there the entire city loved him.  Something happened over the summer with him and the ownership and the banished him to NY, who dealt him to Portland, who then cut him and he signed with the Rockets. 

He was a cocky little bastard and dribbled too much, but for the most part I loved his style of game. 
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2008 at 2:40pm
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2008 at 2:41pm
Okay cool he was one of my favorite players when he was in college.  He should come to the nuggets.
www.chargeharder.com
Sprifir View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Sprifir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2008 at 2:46pm
who has seen that sick basket on yahoo.com ? that high school kid who did a backwards shot
Arbor Mystic
Forum Faction Bindings
Vans Fargo
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2008 at 3:16pm
The one he flipped in over his head at the buzzer?  Yeah, that was pretty good.  I thought it was a college game though.  Three baskets in about three seconds between both squads.  Not a bad ending

Bru', you guys don't want Francis now.  He can barely walk and he is more of an under-sized shooting guard than a point guard, probably not what Denver needs. 

He was pretty amazing at Maryland though and all the way up until about three years ago.  Then his legs just fell totally apart in about a three month span it seems.  Not like most players that gradually decline as they get older, it was just like his body quit one day.  I would like to at least see him get in some games though and go out on his own terms.  But I don't expect much coming back from his injury. 
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2008 at 3:18pm
He would be fun to watch when we are blowing out other teams.  He was so explosive it sucks that he fell apart like that.
www.chargeharder.com
esy.iam View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote esy.iam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2008 at 3:21pm
you don't want Francis because Billups has been a BEAST since going to the Nuggets. must be the offense they're setting him up in. giving so many more looks and so many more options to drop assists to. 
peace.
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2008 at 3:21pm
Actually I just read it was some kind of freak quad injury that I have never heard of.  Probably just tore his legs apart with all that jumping and streetball he did over the years.  The reason all the guys in my family have knee problems is because jumping so much actually pulls everything apart from the inside.  
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2008 at 3:24pm

Let me clarify my statement about wanting Francis.  I by no means think the nuggets should give up any player for him.  I also would not want him as a starter.  I would just like to see hiim in the game throwing down some of those wicked dunks while playing for the league minimum.

www.chargeharder.com
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2008 at 3:30pm
I can see that, although I think now they are going to be wicked layups and someone is going to have to push him to the basket in a wheelchair.

I actually hope he makes a mini comeback and spends a few years as a quality reserve somewhere, I just don't see it happening.  His leg has been busted up for two years now.  At his age, its just a lot to ask for.  Plus he has all the money he could ever want.  The Rockets didn't really want him back this year, its just he had a player option for another year and exercised it.  They are just kind of stuck with him. 
ANGRY AGENT View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Quote ANGRY AGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2008 at 7:29pm
backto your comment on Garnett talking trash, he sure has started running his mouth a lot more now that he is on the Celtics with some back up.  He ran his chops in Minnesota too but not even to the extent that he does now.  He has more then just Roy and Pryzzy pissed off he should watch what he says cuz all it takes is one low bridge and his career is over and it is easy to do without drawing attention to it by making it look unintentional.  I can't stand guys that run there chops on the court, many fights over that sH!T growing up playing ball in LA parks.  I give the Celtics their due no doubt but Garnett should chill.
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2008 at 8:00pm
Yeah, garnett has been quietly pissing me off for close to a year now with his trash talking.  He was always emotional, but now he is coming off like a little punk.  I hope Portland beats them tomorrow. 
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Quote ANGRY AGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2008 at 8:03pm
I'm with you for sure Shaka on that.  Sh!t talking is cool to an extent but it does and will catch up sooner or later.  I don't like to see players get hurt but the Lakers kept Rambus around for a reason, to go out and clobber the other teams enforcer or sh!t talkers.  It isn't as prevelant in todays game but enough is enough and someone will let him have it sooner or later.  Hopefully tomorrow in your gameLOL
Sprifir View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Sprifir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2008 at 8:32pm
Lakers vs Celtics christmas day.. definately going be the game of the year
Arbor Mystic
Forum Faction Bindings
Vans Fargo
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2008 at 5:15am
^^ I agree.

What do you guys think about Ball State turning down the chance to play Boise State in the bowl game?  I think it is garbage!!!  Yes the game was going to be on Bosie State's home field but if you are trying to gain respect and be considered legit going up there and playing the game would have gone a long way towards that goal.  Plus Ball State's opponents combined record this year was something like 54-88 or some crap.  Their biggest win was over 3-9 Indiana.  Kind of hard to take them seriously.  Had they gone to Boise State and won they would have gained a ton of respect.
www.chargeharder.com
Phatman View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote Phatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2008 at 5:29am
Originally posted by shakazulu12

Yeah, garnett has been quietly pissing me off for close to a year now with his trash talking.  He was always emotional, but now he is coming off like a little punk.  I hope Portland beats them tomorrow. 

I have to disagree with you here. I would say since he and his team are backing it up right now, how can you argue? Don't hate the player, hate the game. 
A thermos keeps hot stuff hot, and cold stuff cold.....BUT HOW DOES IT KNOW???
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2008 at 6:53am
Did you see what he did with Jose Calderon?  That was just childish and being a punk.  Many other players would have been kicked out.  Its been so bad this year that multiple teams have called the league office about it. 

Ever notice he only really goes after the little guys too?  You never see him running his mouth to Ron Artest or someone like that.  Its always some six foot 150 pound point guard. 
dbowles View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote dbowles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2008 at 6:58am
Originally posted by BRUIZZA

^^ I agree.

What do you guys think about Ball State turning down the chance to play Boise State in the bowl game?  I think it is garbage!!!  Yes the game was going to be on Bosie State's home field but if you are trying to gain respect and be considered legit going up there and playing the game would have gone a long way towards that goal.  Plus Ball State's opponents combined record this year was something like 54-88 or some crap.  Their biggest win was over 3-9 Indiana.  Kind of hard to take them seriously.  Had they gone to Boise State and won they would have gained a ton of respect.

Yeah, I read that and was like WTF? I mean seriously, if my coach was like 'Sorry guys we aren't playing Boise State, because I don't think we can , I mean, our fans won't make the trip'. I would be pretty upset.

I'm ready for a Oklahoma- Florida BCS NC game.
dirtysouth View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
cuban in costa rica

Quote dirtysouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2008 at 7:13am
I love Hockey
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2008 at 2:55pm
Portland media is all over this Boston game.  I didn't realize how much the Trailblazers and Celtics hate each other.  Apparently Joel Pryzbilla and KG have beef going back to when they were on the Wolves together and downright hate each other.

This is shaping up to be a good night!
dlaw View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote dlaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2008 at 3:17pm

thanks for reminding me to watch the game Shaka.

For the very few out there that don't have cable you can watch it live streaming here:

http://albaaa.altervista.org/watch.php?id=506
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2008 at 3:21pm
Blazers are looking good so far.
www.chargeharder.com
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2008 at 3:50pm
Streaming keeps freezing and I'm stuck in the office still damnit!
dlaw View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote dlaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2008 at 3:52pm

its freezing? hmm . . . working fine for me

let me see if i can find something better for you

edit: Sorry shaka, thats the only web stream i can find that doesn't require a program.  usually there are some nice streams on Justin TV but can't seem to find one.
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2008 at 4:00pm
working for me now.  Still freezing up, but good enough to watch and the sound is always working.  Could be my computer too, I'm running a ton of applications right now.  
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Quote ANGRY AGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2008 at 4:31pm
Blazers aren't looking good and Garnett is running his chops.

Lakers escaped with another ugly victory tonight.  Won by 2 when they were winning by 18 in the 4th.  That is are achilles heel for sure, letting other teams crawl back into the game instead of finishing them off.
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2008 at 4:39pm
Yeah this is not looking good.  Time for a fight!
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Quote ANGRY AGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2008 at 4:40pm
no just a low bridge to ruin the rest of Garnett's seasonWink
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2008 at 4:43pm
Oden needs to rip a basket down at some point.  I can't believe Portland went ten minutes without a field goal.  I love my team and all, but coming back from this is going to be tough.  I say play for pride and get it within 10 and learn something.  
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2008 at 4:47pm
Yeah the Blazers are no longer looking good.
www.chargeharder.com
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2008 at 4:48pm
Someone is getting kicked out tonight.  They have been talking all game and its building up even more as time goes on. 

Nate should get himself ejected and see if it changes the attitude a bit. 

Either that or they need to fall back and punt. 
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2008 at 4:51pm
Yeah there has been a lot of jawing going on.  There are going to be some Technicals  handed out soon.
www.chargeharder.com
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Quote ANGRY AGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2008 at 4:53pm
I say send in one of your goons and take someone out and send a message that sh!t talking isn't gonna be taken lightly just becasue you're the defending champs.  Let the whole league know.  Did you see fernandez slap Garnetts hand offa him after the play was already dead and Garnett started runnin his chops and acting hard.  I've really had enough of this guy and would love to see a torpedo from the Blazers bench be set to destroy mode and take Garnett out.  I really miss the 80's when it was still a mans game.  I remember one time when Kevin McHale took out Rambus, just closed lined him didn't even play the ball and it wasn't even called a flagrant foulShocked  If we could go back to that sh!t talking would die-down rapidly!  I'm just sayin

Those were the good ol' days
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2008 at 5:03pm

Rondo is playing ridiculously well right now.

www.chargeharder.com
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Quote ANGRY AGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2008 at 5:05pm
I turned it off already it just makes me fumeAngry and want to go to the bar and start some sh!t.  I hate sh!t talkers because 9 times outta 10 that's all they are.  KG can blow meShocked
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2008 at 5:08pm
Easy Big Fella what did your counselor say about controlling your Anger?????
www.chargeharder.com
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Quote ANGRY AGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2008 at 5:11pm
Sorry forgot to take my meds, maybe I should give the Hippie a callLOL  See if he's not too baked to answerShocked
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2008 at 5:13pm
HE called me earlier and it sounded like he hadn't lit up yet today.
www.chargeharder.com
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Quote ANGRY AGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2008 at 5:15pm
I respected Shaq for this and if it would have connected ooohhhhhhhShocked

The NBA should go back to being a mans league and not a pretty boy deal.  I'm tired of all the whistles, let these guys play ball and decide the games themselves
Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Quote ANGRY AGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2008 at 5:31pm

MJ and Reggie Miller

Bird and Lambieer

Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2008 at 6:41pm
Skip to the end when they show the Shaq vs Barkley rumble from back in the day.

Gotta hand it to Barkley, he was pretty old when this went down

Board Member
Board Member
WCPW #1 whore

Quote ANGRY AGENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2008 at 6:47pm
Vernon Maxwell, Barkley, Charles Oakley, Alonzo Mourning and Larry Johnson, Rick Mahorn, D-Rodman, Rudy Tomjonavich getting his block knocked off and ending his career.  Those were the good ol' days and we need to go back to letting the players police themselves a little bit more.  I'm not sayin to let them just go buck wild and get busy but it tends to calm things down after and keep the balance in check.
esy.iam View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote esy.iam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2008 at 6:48pm
Barkley is HILARIOUS! man, even when he was mad, i laughed. when he threw that ball at Shaq's head, i was DYING!!!! because he did it so instinctively, almost like a kid at recess. i don't know, kind of hard to explain, but it was hilarious! thanks for the memories! HAHAHHA. LOL
peace.
esy.iam View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote esy.iam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2008 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by ANGRY AGENT

Vernon Maxwell, Barkley, Charles Oakley, Alonzo Mourning and Larry Johnson, Rick Mahorn, D-Rodman, Rudy Tomjonavich getting his block knocked off and ending his career.  Those were the good ol' days and we need to go back to letting the players police themselves a little bit more.  I'm not sayin to let them just go buck wild and get busy but it tends to calm things down after and keep the balance in check.

don't forget to include the ENTIRE state of Utah. HAHHAHHA! i swear, they trained Malone, Stockton, and everyone to do all that.
peace.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 145>