0 Staff | 6 Members
Live Chat
trusnow
Powered by 400,056 Members
Shopping Forum Out of Stock
username or email password
 Forum Home > SNOWBOARDS > Snowboard Classified Section

Quick Login: Forgot password?

Feeler / FS - 09 Rome 390 Bindings (Neon, S/M)

Share/Save/Bookmark

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Krazylegz1485 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Feeler / FS - 09 Rome 390 Bindings (Neon, S/M)
    Posted: Feb/21/2009 at 1:26pm

We just got my girlfriend a pair of '09 Rome 390 bindings in the sweet neon colorway.  I know they're a sweet binding and the colors look wicked on her purple banana.  We went out riding today and it was the first time she got to try them out.  Unfortunately, it wasn't an awesome experience like we both hoped for.  I think the problem is that they're way too soft/flexible for her.  Very unresponsive.  I know there's nothing wrong with the bindings because they have an awesome rep and tons of people love them.  Apparently they're just not going to work out for her.  We had to shorten up the heel strap so that she could crank it down more to get it tighter, somewhat making it a little more responsive.  It worked for a while but eventually it made her feet sore, too, from being cranked down so much.  So, if anybody is looking for a basically brand new set of 390's in the 1/1 limited Neon colorway, let me know.  They're a size S/M and have been used only once, today, for maybe 4 hours. 

Any offers?

Please PM me.  Thanks!
http://thench.com/garage/
monstor View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.
lost in mammoth

Quote monstor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/23/2009 at 11:49am
Any pics of these?  Also is the size S/M or M/L?  The title says one and the post says other
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/23/2009 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by monstor

Any pics of these?  Also is the size S/M or M/L?  The title says one and the post says other

First off, thanks for bringing that to my attention.  They are the s/m, a m/l doesn't exist.  My bad!

As far as pictures go, I'll try to post some pics of the actual set we have.  They aren't the greatest quality, but I'll see what I've got.

Bindings 1

Bindings 2

Bindings 3

Since the picture I have are pretty crappy representations of the colors, here's a pic I found on a google search.  They're really sweet in person, but my camera sucks at life.  I apologize for such things.

Stock Photo
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/23/2009 at 2:55pm

Just an update, too.  I posted pretty much this same thread in the Gear Talk forum hoping to get some suggestions on making them ride a little better for her.  Basically the only thing mentioned, so far, that I didn't take into consideration was the position of the heel straps.  The 390's have a few different settings for different support levels.  I adjusted them for maximum support but won't be able to have her try them out until Friday.  However, I kinda have my doubts that moving the straps barely a 1/4" on each side is going to make a miraculous difference.  We're gonna take backups along this time just incase she doesn't like them.  If that's the case, they'll probably have 5 hours on them total. 

Also, when we go out this weekend I'll get some pics of them outside.  The colors seem to pop and show up better on my camera when they're outside in natural lighting.  Anywho, thanks for the interest.  Anybody else, feel free to hit me with questions or anything.

Jdsimmons2 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Jdsimmons2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2009 at 1:05pm
any price your looking to get?
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2009 at 3:42pm
My goal is $150, and that would include shipping, depending on location.  Anywhere in the lower 48 is fine, elsewhere might be a little more.  And I guess depending how fast you want them. 

I'll accept all offers, but I reserve the right to say "No Deal."
Jdsimmons2 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Jdsimmons2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2009 at 7:24pm
few questions about these...
1.  Are they Comfy (rated 1 to 10 with 10 being most comfy)
2.  Are they responsive (rated 1 to 10 with 10 being most responsive)
3.  Adjustability (rated 1 to 10 with 10 being the most adjustable)
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2009 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by Jdsimmons2

few questions about these...
1.  Are they Comfy (rated 1 to 10 with 10 being most comfy)
2.  Are they responsive (rated 1 to 10 with 10 being most responsive)
3.  Adjustability (rated 1 to 10 with 10 being the most adjustable)

Since they're my girl's bindings and I haven't ridden them myself, I'll do what I can for ya:

1.  Comfort - She says they're really comfy.  The straps are very cushy, even more so than my Forces, or so it seems just by squeezing them.  I think the heel strap has some sort of gel inside, because it feels like one of those big pads you get for in front of your keyboard.  The toe strap is a stretchy rubber and kinda just shapes around your toes or wherever you choose to put it.  The footbed is also pretty padded, and they even come with a padded cover that goes over the baseplate/mounting hardware.  Again, since I haven't used them myself, I can't give you the business straight from experience.

2.  Response - Rome rates them at a 7 for toeside, a 6 for heelside, and a 6 for longitudinal, which is side to side.  From what she said, it seems to be fine for turn initiation, which would be the toeside/heelside, but she's having a problem pulling the nose up to butter.  I'm not sure if it's her or if it's the bindings.  The straps are softer than her old one's, but I don't think it'd be so different that she couldn't butter anymore.  Also, the heel straps have 3 adjustments on them.  You can move the straps forward for less response, and back for more support.  They came factory on the middle setting, so I moved them back and we're gonna find out Friday if it makes any difference.  They also have the UnderWrap Heel Hoop, which connects the heel cup to the front of the binding actually underneath the foot.  You can see it in the pictures.  That leads into number 3.

3.  Adjustability - I've seen numerous people make statements about how much adjustment you can do with these things.  First off, adjusting the straps is tool-less, which frickin' sweet.  I had to adjust hers on the hill and it was a matter of seconds.  The heel straps mount to the bindings in 3 different positions, the toe straps have 2 different spots.  The toe ramp is fully adjustable, as well as the highbacks and the entire heel cup/frame assembly.  The highbacks actually have a ton of different mounting spots.  There's 2 holes on each side of the highback itself, the plastic part, and 3 holes on each side of the heel cup, the metal part.  So there's a lot of possiblities.  Another cool feature is a second strap on the heel strap.  It's basically a really thick rubber band with holes in it.  You adjust that to match the length of the heel strap and it's function is to pull the strap out away from the binding when you're not strapped in.  It makes it so you don't step on it or have to use your boot to try to get it out of the way, a problem I frequently have with the Forces.

Anywho, that's all I really have to give ya.  I wear a size 15 so there's really no way I'd be able to test them myself.  I'll post the link of the other thread here, too.  That's got some pics of her riding you can look out, as well as some other people talking about them.  The only problem we had is that she couldn't pull the front end up as easily as she could with her old bindings.  I'm thinking they might be a little too "park/freestyle" oriented.  Anywho, thanks for the interest, sorry to write a book!

Topic w/ pics:
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2009 at 1:40pm
As far as just numbers 1-10 are concerned, I'd take a guess at something like:

Comfort - 7
Response - 6
Adjustability - 9

Again, I can't comment on the comfort, just guessing, and the adjustability, I'm not sure if there's anything more you could adjust on a binding so I gave it a 9 just incase.  Nothing perfect, I suppose.
LTB133 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote LTB133 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2009 at 6:18am

Do you still have these if you do i want them. Would you take $120 for them + shipping?

levi brito
chanco View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote chanco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2013 at 5:50am
hey are these still for sale? i will buy.
fostpaint View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote fostpaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2013 at 6:32am
Originally posted by chanco

hey are these still for sale? i will buy.

I doubt you'll have much luck. You realize the for sale thread was over 4 years old, right?
 Post Reply Post Reply