Extra 10-20% off select Purchases
More Info - Join Now
1 Staff | 17 Members
Live Chat
trusnow
Powered by 386,515 Members
Shopping Forum Out of Stock
username or email password
 Forum Home > SNOWBOARDS > I'm riding tomorrow, how bout you?

Quick Login: Forgot password?

Mt. High

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 3132333435 41>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mt. High
    Posted: Mar/28/2011 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by hana24

I don't think I've ever had that issue before...maybe I'm the one cutting people off in the park? LOL

Most people actually wait and form a line to hit the features.  I guess I've gotten used to the flow of the park and how/when I can hit a feature without pissing people off or I could just be oblivious, but I haven't had anyone chase me down yet to yell at me for cutting them off.

I always knew you were a thug!  LOL  I guess I spend too much time looking at people, but yeah most of the time people follow the park "rule" but at other times some people think it doesn't apply to them and think  the park belongs to them.  Most of the time people people let it go but at other times, a nice rumble breaks out and if I'm already recording then the video goes up on YouTube.  Although I've only been able to catch one rumble on video.  LOL
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2011 at 12:33pm
Post up the vid! LOL  I want to see this rumble.
My blog about snowboarding, vids too! - http://yukitabanana.wordpress.com/

Updated weekly!
RideTimeless View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RideTimeless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2011 at 12:37pm

Post up the vid! LOL  I want to see this rumble.

I heard of a chick in pink pants and yellow jacket throwing down and owning the High park.  She was claiming everything.
Did you google it?
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2011 at 12:46pm
I was filming my baby sis practicing her toes so I wasn't able to catch the whole fight or even what happened afterward.  I just noticed a lot of screaming to my right.  Apparently one of the teens knocked one of the older group's gf down (she was a noob so she was bound to fall anyways), so older guys pounced all over the kiddies.  What's funny because later in line, the group of kids didn't get in line but stood nearby so the gf was all trying to act all thug and threatening to kick the kids ass even more and saying how bad ass she is for still throwing down even though she just had a baby 2 weeks ago (she didn't even fight in the fight).  Then some old man told her to watch her mouth because there's kids around so she got pissed and dropped f bombs so her group became embarrassed of her and told her to shut the eff up.  LOL  Then she fell down getting off the lift later.  LOL

BboyTommy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BboyTommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2011 at 1:18pm
pretty ghetto. hahahaha
dance like no one's watching
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2011 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

I was filming my baby sis practicing her toes so I wasn't able to catch the whole fight or even what happened afterward.  I just noticed a lot of screaming to my right.  Apparently one of the teens knocked one of the older group's gf down (she was a noob so she was bound to fall anyways), so older guys pounced all over the kiddies.  What's funny because later in line, the group of kids didn't get in line but stood nearby so the gf was all trying to act all thug and threatening to kick the kids ass even more and saying how bad ass she is for still throwing down even though she just had a baby 2 weeks ago (she didn't even fight in the fight).  Then some old man told her to watch her mouth because there's kids around so she got pissed and dropped f bombs so her group became embarrassed of her and told her to shut the eff up.  LOL  Then she fell down getting off the lift later.  LOL

Hahaha damn that is really ghetto.  I'll have to go home and watch it with audio now.

Updated weekly!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RideTimeless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2011 at 1:22pm

Hahaha damn that is really ghetto.  I'll have to go home and watch it with audio now.

blah...somebody needs to put in some captions...audio is just some f bombs as said already.
Did you google it?
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2011 at 1:23pm
And the fight happens on the bunny slope...no good ever comes from being on the bunny slope

Updated weekly!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RideTimeless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2011 at 1:26pm

And the fight happens on the bunny slope...no good ever comes from being on the bunny slope

Is that why everybody was sitting down or looked like the were not moving?
Did you google it?
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2011 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by RideTimeless

Yeah, that was towards the end on the bunny slope with the dinky jumps and as you can hear I was receiving a phone call at the same time, so it was either record or pick up the client's call.  LOLThere was a bigger rumble between locals and nonlocals at the park the following weekend, but sadly no video.  Cry
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2011 at 1:34pm

Yeah I would say that was on sunnyside which is the bunny slope where there are already tons of noobs falling leafing and losing control.  I think that area is the most dangerous since it's where all the beginner lifts empty out into. 

Updated weekly!
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2011 at 1:44pm

Yeah I would say that was on sunnyside which is the bunny slope where there are already tons of noobs falling leafing and losing control.  I think that area is the most dangerous since it's where all the beginner lifts empty out into. 

Yeah, the trail is sunnyside right before it meets the park.  Too bad I couldn't get a video of the local vs nonlocal rumble the following week at the park because that was more chaotic and bigger.  LOL 
BboyTommy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BboyTommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/30/2011 at 9:44am

boy its getting toasty up there.  and slushy too.  nonetheless i had a great time riding park.  good conditions to progress

tc913 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote tc913 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/30/2011 at 10:06am
Originally posted by BboyTommy

boy its getting toasty up there.  and slushy too.  nonetheless i had a great time riding park.  good conditions to progress

left so early??
BboyTommy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BboyTommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/30/2011 at 12:03pm
i was there 1230 - 430pm. were u there?>
tc913 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote tc913 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/30/2011 at 4:55pm
today?? nope...couldn't make it up there.
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2011 at 3:01pm
It looks like High might permanently get an airbag...saw it on their forum.  Even this spring and keeping the airbag open after the resort closes.  I wonder what they're going to do for the run in for the jump with now snow? LOL

Updated weekly!
BboyTommy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BboyTommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2011 at 5:14pm
snowmobile and rope.
Jigkidd View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
TWISTER!

Quote Jigkidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2011 at 2:39pm
Bummer I didn't see you Wednesday Tommy, I was there too.
That sounds pretty sick Hana.
I heard the winner of the bikini contest this weekend gets a free snowboard.
Long hair don't care!
BboyTommy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BboyTommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2011 at 11:41am

^ damn i cant fit into my bikini anymore =(

good news is - looks like temps are dropping a bit.  hopefully we get some more snow in april.
Jigkidd View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
TWISTER!

Quote Jigkidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2011 at 8:57pm
^
I think they're on sale @ H&M 
LOL

That would be amazing if it snowed, definitely going Monday.
after trying on some new volcom slims with 15/15 proofing I want new gear.
but I know I don't need it yet, and that I need to save for my pass :(

Long hair don't care!
BboyTommy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BboyTommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2011 at 2:44pm
damn that early commiment pass!!!  though im probably gonna get it.

ill be up there monday too!

anyone not renewing?
cornedBeef View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote cornedBeef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2011 at 11:14am
Might do a sunday-friday summit/bear pass instead.

Just $350 if you buy it early.
jywu86 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jywu86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2011 at 11:23am
Originally posted by cornedBeef

Might do a sunday-friday summit/bear pass instead.

Just $350 if you buy it early.
Going with summit/bear pass as well.  Mt high has been great for the convenience, but the layout of the mountain (west) where every run channels and funnels down into one lift is horrible. 
JandJBlks2k View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote JandJBlks2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2011 at 5:02am
Sunday @ High was fun!!! got there really early, did my bizwax for the first 3 hours and just horsed around after..it got too crowded..but hey, girls on tank tops showing off some skin, what's not to like!!?!

yeah, it was slushy but can't complain..weather experts are projecting showers this coming friday-saturday..so this might be shooting up for a miracle, but hey an 1" or two would be hella nice. I do have to renew my pass..I'm trying to save that $49 bucks for future purchase of a gear!
Jigkidd View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
TWISTER!

Quote Jigkidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2011 at 11:26am
Anyone know if they'll have an Easter event?
I know June Mountain is having an easter egg hunt for free boards and passes
but seeing as it may be mt high's last day, I'm wondering if they'll wanna go out with a bang or not.

Also have 2 8 hours passes for sale.
Long hair don't care!
tc913 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote tc913 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2011 at 7:38pm
crossing my fingers for this late season storm to drop at least 6 inches Thumbs Up
AyChan87 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Snowboarding

Quote AyChan87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2011 at 8:12pm
late season storm.. oh really! that sounds NICE!
BboyTommy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BboyTommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2011 at 8:29am
Originally posted by tc913

crossing my fingers for this late season storm to drop at least 6 inches Thumbs Up
6 is a stretch! but ill cross my fingers too
tc913 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote tc913 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2011 at 5:58pm
webcam looks crazy right now. i hope i don't need to put chains on tom morning
BboyTommy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BboyTommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2011 at 9:11pm
how was it tc!?

thinking about going up tomorrow.  anyone going?
tc913 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote tc913 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2011 at 10:37pm
it was fun until i got hurt pretty bad. i think i might of dislocated my pelvic bone or it's just a bone brush. fell pretty hard off the jumps on borderline trying to get my 3's down.

saw a couple of sierra boards and some guy thinking he was cool with a fish with only 7 inches of new snow Confused. my board got pretty messed up too so i gotta get that fixed so today was prob my last day of the season. hope you have fun tom! well today LOL
BboyTommy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BboyTommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/10/2011 at 11:59am
sucks to hear man.  hopefully its not serious - both your injury and your board!
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/10/2011 at 3:58pm

it was fun until i got hurt pretty bad. i think i might of dislocated my pelvic bone or it's just a bone brush. fell pretty hard off the jumps on borderline trying to get my 3's down.

saw a couple of sierra boards and some guy thinking he was cool with a fish with only 7 inches of new snow Confused. my board got pretty messed up too so i gotta get that fixed so today was prob my last day of the season. hope you have fun tom! well today LOL

TC, you're trying to get 3's on the borderline jumps?!  Hardcore! LOL  I didn't even want to try anything yesterday since it was so icy.

Updated weekly!
tc913 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote tc913 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/10/2011 at 8:08pm
whew good thing it's not severe. it felt really nice right when they opened so my confidence started to grow. right after lunch i tried a couple of new tricks but failed trying my 3's. it was kinda weird though cause i landed it perfectly but hit a patch of snow that was slushy so my board slowed down a lot then hit a icy spot and all of a sudden i sped up and bang! i hit my heel edge and felt right on the right hip bone.
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2011 at 7:11am

whew good thing it's not severe. it felt really nice right when they opened so my confidence started to grow. right after lunch i tried a couple of new tricks but failed trying my 3's. it was kinda weird though cause i landed it perfectly but hit a patch of snow that was slushy so my board slowed down a lot then hit a icy spot and all of a sudden i sped up and bang! i hit my heel edge and felt right on the right hip bone.

Oh good, it's not a season ending injury Big smile  Yeah those jumps on Saturday were pretty nice in the beginning.  I was hitting all 3 of them one right after the other. 

But I noticed in the afternoon, all the jumps became a little bit too icy for me plus my confidence was gone that day since I ate it off the down up box, on the skull candy, boardsliding the box on upper chisholm, and on the down box while trying to ollieing on from the side.  I didn't hit any of the features, I just fell onto that hard ice so no bruises.  That just killed my confidence there for the day.  Saturday was definitely my off day. 

I should step it up and learn my 3's now LOL 

Updated weekly!
BboyTommy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BboyTommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2011 at 9:58am
getting icy in the afternoon!? hopefully not now since the temps are rising again.

i feel you hana on those off days.  it just takes a couple of falls before you start second guessing.  ahhhh sometimes i wish i was ignorant to park riding and just enjoyed crusing the mountain.

Instructor
Instructor

Quote RideTimeless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2011 at 10:00am

getting icy in the afternoon!? hopefully not now since the temps are rising again.

i feel you hana on those off days.  it just takes a couple of falls before you start second guessing.  ahhhh sometimes i wish i was ignorant to park riding and just enjoyed crusing the mountain.

That's easy, go buy a Fish and ride it one direction...that should keep you from going to the park and riding switch.LOL
Did you google it?
BboyTommy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BboyTommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2011 at 10:03am
^ hahahaha on pow days i dont hit the park at all. unfortunately those days are rare here in socal.

Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2011 at 10:05am
Has Mt High announced their closing date yet?  Bear Mountain and Snow Valley closed yesterday.  Snow Summit is still open though.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RideTimeless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2011 at 10:41am

Has Mt High announced their closing date yet?  Bear Mountain and Snow Valley closed yesterday.  Snow Summit is still open though.

Website says:
Late Season Hours, Updates, and Specials
-West Resort open daily through April 24th.
Did you google it?
kirkalicious View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote kirkalicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2011 at 11:35am
hah dang! too bad i haven't seen any fights on the slopes weird =/
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2011 at 1:00pm

^ hahahaha on pow days i dont hit the park at all. unfortunately those days are rare here in socal.

yeah if mt high had good terrain and pow...I wouldn't step foot in the park.  I'll be out in the trees...getting more holes in my pink pants from it snagging on branches and whatnot. 

But to the park I go to get my fun or mt high gets really boring just cruising. 

To build up my confidence yesterday I rode switch for the first couple of laps.

Updated weekly!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RideTimeless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2011 at 1:14pm

yeah if mt high had good terrain and pow...I wouldn't step foot in the park.  I'll be out in the trees...getting more holes in my pink pants from it snagging on branches and whatnot. 

^^^good way to start front and backside 180s...just need some rolling hills.Smile
Did you google it?
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2011 at 1:19pm

^^^good way to start front and backside 180s...just need some rolling hills.Smile

front and back 180s I can do off of little rollers...I just need to start adding more airtime to them and be more confident when going at a jump faster.  I scrub off so much speed whenever I'm trying to do them I only get like 1inch off the ground Cry  front 1s though I'm able to do easier than back 1s.   I just got to commit...I have the movement down...just that commitment part is missing. Angry

I'm getting more comfortable riding switch.  I'm going to try to see if I can ollie switch...tried riding a box 5050 switch...it was the most sketchiest 5050 ever in a looong time. LOL

Updated weekly!
kirium81 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote kirium81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2011 at 2:05pm
i've definitely been neglecting mth. They close on the 24th right? I'll have to go closing weekend for sure. How's the coverage these days?
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2011 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by kirium81

i've definitely been neglecting mth. They close on the 24th right? I'll have to go closing weekend for sure. How's the coverage these days?

Still good.  The base area gets pretty watery but everywhere else is good.

btw did people see the 6-7 car accident on the way up to high on Saturday?  they brought in a helicopter! 

Also after passing the accident the second car in front of me...sped up all of a sudden and ran right into the ditch.  I have no clue how they managed to do that.  I drove through the spot and didn't feel my wheels loose traction at all.

Saturday the rode conditions were dangerous.

Updated weekly!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RideTimeless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2011 at 2:16pm

btw did people see the 6-7 car accident on the way up to high on Saturday?  they brought in a helicopter! 

Also after passing the accident the second car in front of me...sped up all of a sudden and ran right into the ditch.  I have no clue how they managed to do that.  I drove through the spot and didn't feel my wheels loose traction at all.

As sad as it sounds, don't you figure they should be more careful?  Guess not...
Did you google it?
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2011 at 2:20pm

As sad as it sounds, don't you figure they should be more careful?  Guess not...

Yeah...I dunno...you would think that after seeing an accident involving one lane closed and firefighters directing traffic and seeing a helicopter coming in to lift someone out...that maybe you would be more careful while driving.  you know realize it snowed the night before, it's still early morning, it's still cold, temperatures were below freezing that maybe you would slow down, but no.

I have a feeling the SUV accelerated at the right moment over a patch of ice and went plowing into the ditch.  The car in front of me and my civic made it all right to the resort without feeling like my car was sliding at all. 

Updated weekly!
kirium81 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote kirium81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2011 at 2:59pm

I'm getting more comfortable riding switch. I'm going to try to see if I can ollie switch...tried riding a box 5050 switch...it was the most sketchiest 5050 ever in a looong time.

Switch ollies are sooo deceptively hard! Way easier to try a switch 50/50. Didn't realize we had some snow this weekend, heads been out of the scene. Bear closed, gonna ride summit this closing weekend. Can't wait for May 1 to start using my MVP pass :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 41>