Extra 10-20% off select Purchases
More Info - Join Now
0 Staff | 8 Members
Live Chat
trusnow
Powered by 398,089 Members
Shopping Forum Out of Stock
username or email password
 Forum Home > SNOWBOARDS > I'm riding tomorrow, how bout you?

Quick Login: Forgot password?

Mt. High

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 3233343536 41>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jigkidd View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
TWISTER!

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jigkidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mt. High
    Posted: Apr/11/2011 at 10:24pm
Morning was really nice Monday--yesterday.
from about 8-12 the clouds blocked out the sun, so the Borderline jumps were nice and soft.
and they had a nice vert for good pop to em, i guess since they had some snow to throw around this weekend.

Hit the quarterpipe too and finally had enough speed for the chisolm jumps.
Some family asked to record me while hitting them, which was kinda weird, at least they asked.

Edit. whoo hoo for being first on pg 34

Long hair don't care!
BboyTommy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BboyTommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2011 at 12:23pm
^did it get slushy towards the end of the day?
dance like no one's watching
bubbagooch View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bubbagooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2011 at 12:36pm
^^^It was really slushy by about 12. By the end of the day I saw a dirt patch or two that I didn't see in the morning.
suoivatco View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote suoivatco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2011 at 12:42pm
is there anywhere in so cal that is still reasonable? mt high? snow summit? or maybe even mt baldy? i went to mamoth is still awesome up there but its so damn far
RideTimeless View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RideTimeless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2011 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by suoivatco

is there anywhere in so cal that is still reasonable? mt high? snow summit? or maybe even mt baldy? i went to mamoth is still awesome up there but its so damn far

depends on what is reasonable to you.  I would say no to Baldy, Summit is probably just as good as High right now.

Get an early session in and call it quits after lunch unless you want to pond skim

Also it depends on the temps, this weekend is a pond skimmer.
Did you google it?
BboyTommy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BboyTommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2011 at 9:44pm
i still have 4 8 hour tickets left.  $35 each anyone?

Tell yo friends!
tc913 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote tc913 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2011 at 10:18pm
^ ouch....you shoulda tried posting it on craigslist
BboyTommy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BboyTommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2011 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by tc913

^ ouch....you shoulda tried posting it on craigslist
been trying man.  nothing but spam responses.
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2011 at 6:51am
I'm happy that it's cooled down the last 2 days...was really getting worried about the coverage if that heat kept up.

Apparently Sunday is free to ride for anyone.  I'll be there both Saturday and Sunday this weekend.
My blog about snowboarding, vids too! - http://yukitabanana.wordpress.com/

Updated weekly!
kirium81 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote kirium81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2011 at 7:17am
How was it this last weekend? I went to Summit and it was a slush-fest. Was it the same at High? Just contemplating if this weekend will be worth hitting up at either mtns.

I know its spring riding, but i mean Sunday at Summit was pretty sad.
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2011 at 7:24am
Originally posted by kirium81

How was it this last weekend? I went to Summit and it was a slush-fest. Was it the same at High? Just contemplating if this weekend will be worth hitting up at either mtns.

I know its spring riding, but i mean Sunday at Summit was pretty sad.

if it was a slush fest at summit, it was also a slush fest at Mt High. 

I thought Summit already closed?

Updated weekly!
kirium81 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote kirium81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2011 at 7:48am
Bear closed 2 weekends ago, last weekend was suppose to be Summits last weekend but they extended it to this Saturday. But yeah, its pretty much done.

Did you hop on the MVP pass? I don't think im gonna renew at High or Bear because of it. But will probably get those point passes @ High and just trek a jib during the week nights.
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2011 at 8:05am

Bear closed 2 weekends ago, last weekend was suppose to be Summits last weekend but they extended it to this Saturday. But yeah, its pretty much done.

Did you hop on the MVP pass? I don't think im gonna renew at High or Bear because of it. But will probably get those point passes @ High and just trek a jib during the week nights.

Yeah I got the MVP 2 years ago when they opened up the program...I renewed again this year.

Updated weekly!
kirium81 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote kirium81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2011 at 8:29am
I thought for some reason you were only High. Yeah Im pretty excited for Mammoth this and next season. My goal is to hit the main park by the end of 11/12 season. But south park is where i'll probably spend most of my time.

Don't you have a crew from here that goes to Mammoth, are they park riders? How's your season been, what did you work on this season?
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2011 at 8:39am

I thought for some reason you were only High. Yeah Im pretty excited for Mammoth this and next season. My goal is to hit the main park by the end of 11/12 season. But south park is where i'll probably spend most of my time.

Don't you have a crew from here that goes to Mammoth, are they park riders? How's your season been, what did you work on this season?

Well I ride Mt High when I'm not at Mammoth.  I try to get to Mammoth at least once a month and the rest of the weekends I ride High. 

There was a crew from here, but it seems like they've temporarily quit snowboarding so now I'm starting to go to Mammoth with ppl from EL.  The crew I rode with aren't really park riders, they like going fast.  I'm prob 50/50 when it comes to riding park.  Mt High only has park you know? LOL

My season has been good...finally locking down my backside boardslides and my front and back 1s off of side hits...haven't really attempted them off of actual park jumps.  I'm a slow park progressor LOL  I'm hoping at the end of 11/12 season to get my frontside boardslides and my 3's locked down.  I just have issues with turning my head to lead the turn...I just freeze up and stop my rotation short. 

Updated weekly!
kirium81 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote kirium81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2011 at 10:34am
Nice... keep pushing! The jib game is new to me so I definitely know how it feels to finally progress from 50/50. The rails still kick my butt.

The 1's will come around for you. And actually, its less head than shoulders/arms I would say. For the fs, try winding up with your arms to one side and then swinging it around as you are popping off. For the bs, have a slight toe carve so you are already initiating the turn on the approach. When you pop off, just look down and turn the hip. Bringing your knees up to chest helps give you a bit more time to rotate and not land on the back edge.

But when you move on to the 3, definitely whip the head! I'm sure you've heard all this before, just gotta keep at it!

I never looked at EL's forum, didnt even know they had one. I'll have to check out.

BboyTommy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BboyTommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2011 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by hana24

Well I ride Mt High when I'm not at Mammoth.  I try to get to Mammoth at least once a month and the rest of the weekends I ride High. 

There was a crew from here, but it seems like they've temporarily quit snowboarding so now I'm starting to go to Mammoth with ppl from EL.  The crew I rode with aren't really park riders, they like going fast.  I'm prob 50/50 when it comes to riding park.  Mt High only has park you know? LOL

My season has been good...finally locking down my backside boardslides and my front and back 1s off of side hits...haven't really attempted them off of actual park jumps.  I'm a slow park progressor LOL  I'm hoping at the end of 11/12 season to get my frontside boardslides and my 3's locked down.  I just have issues with turning my head to lead the turn...I just freeze up and stop my rotation short. 
i was hoping to get fs boardslides this season but guess im gonna have to wait until next and learn it with u.
kirium81 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote kirium81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2011 at 1:43pm
My fsbs progression came to a full halt when i leaned too much on my toe edge, board slipped out and I banged my pelvis on a rail at Bear. This was like in January and it still feels funny when i push down on it :(

FSBS- Its sooooo deceivingly difficult!!!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RideTimeless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2011 at 1:48pm

I'm happy that it's cooled down the last 2 days...was really getting worried about the coverage if that heat kept up.

Apparently Sunday is free to ride for anyone.  I'll be there both Saturday and Sunday this weekend.

Sunday it is...I'm going for the egg hunt.  I hope most of the kiddies are else where at a community park and not on the slopes.
Bringing out the rock board and rub on wax! haha!
Did you google it?
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2011 at 2:03pm

My fsbs progression came to a full halt when i leaned too much on my toe edge, board slipped out and I banged my pelvis on a rail at Bear. This was like in January and it still feels funny when i push down on it :(

ouch Ouch  I haven't really started doing any fs bs...I'm gonna try this weekend by shifting my board out into position cuz i know i can't land directly into the position without sliding out.

Easter egg hunt should be fun this Sunday...I'm finally going to get an egg!

Updated weekly!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RideTimeless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2011 at 2:15pm

ouch Ouch  I haven't really started doing any fs bs...I'm gonna try this weekend by shifting my board out into position cuz i know i can't land directly into the position without sliding out.

Easter egg hunt should be fun this Sunday...I'm finally going to get an egg!

don't go on injured reserve before the mammoth trip!
Did you google it?
BboyTommy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BboyTommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2011 at 12:27pm
^ damn mammoth trip sounds fun!

and how does the egg hunt work? just cruise the mt looking for eggs?
kirium81 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote kirium81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2011 at 12:30pm
yea.. last year they had 1 egg that had a free season pass for the next year. The eggs are just scattered through out the mtn.
Jigkidd View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
TWISTER!

Quote Jigkidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2011 at 4:44pm

they had 1 egg that had a free season pass for the next year. .
Main reason I'm going haha

well boxzilla too haha.
Long hair don't care!
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bubbagooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/21/2011 at 10:25am
Is the egg with the season pass in it ostrich sized and Golden? I hope so.
Jigkidd View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
TWISTER!

Quote Jigkidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2011 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by bubbagooch

Is the egg with the season pass in it ostrich sized and Golden? I hope so.

I don't care what it looks like, as long as I find it and get my pass.
Long hair don't care!
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2011 at 1:53pm
Had a fun last day at High...sad that the season is over and now the waiting begins for November. 

Anyone clear boxzilla?  I made it across! Big smile

Updated weekly!
Jigkidd View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
TWISTER!

Quote Jigkidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2011 at 3:53pm

Had a fun last day at High...sad that the season is over and now the waiting begins for November. 

I tamed the beast!
I didn't realize you could get a print out of how many days you rode this season
by giving them your pass, I saw a guy in the parking lot with some long receipt tape and wondered wth it was.
Long hair don't care!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RideTimeless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2011 at 5:35pm
until next season...see you at Mammoth for the rest of the season!
Did you google it?
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2011 at 6:03am
Originally posted by Jigkidd

I tamed the beast!
I didn't realize you could get a print out of how many days you rode this season
by giving them your pass, I saw a guy in the parking lot with some long receipt tape and wondered wth it was.

Yeah...one guy went on the lift 1300 times!  The lady was like that's the most I've seen haha and the printout was massive!  I went pretty much every weekend and only managed 369 (hehe multiples of 3) times on the lift.

And...like an idiot I forgot to renew my pass Angry  I e-mailed mt high and asked if they can give me the 299 price if i renewed ASAP.  I can't believe I forgot.  Damn food coma and being tired from riding all day long.

Updated weekly!
scuddera View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
hitting my first 5

Quote scuddera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2011 at 6:07am
will be there next year forsure
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bubbagooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2011 at 3:28pm
Boxzilla wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. I think the prospect of a 100 foot box setup was more daunting than reality. The printout is a cool thing. I went 21 times and got like 340(I don't remember the exact number) runs. 'Twas a good season.
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2011 at 3:33pm

Boxzilla wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. I think the prospect of a 100 foot box setup was more daunting than reality. The printout is a cool thing. I went 21 times and got like 340(I don't remember the exact number) runs. 'Twas a good season.

No it's not difficult since it just goes up and down...now if there was a curve thrown in there like a c box i think a lot of ppl won't be able to clear it.

I need to work on being able to ride a curved box....goal next season.

Updated weekly!
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bubbagooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2011 at 3:40pm
I 50/50 the c-box a couple of times this season. It was funny because my friend was like, "No one 50/50's the c-box," and I did it just as he was saying it.
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2011 at 8:44am

I 50/50 the c-box a couple of times this season. It was funny because my friend was like, "No one 50/50's the c-box," and I did it just as he was saying it.

Yeah I haven't really seen anyone 50-50 the c box.  All of them just boardslide it. 

I saw one guy on boxzilla just spinning all the way across...made me dizzy just watching him spin all of that.

Updated weekly!
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bubbagooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2011 at 10:05am
^^If you do see someone 50/50 the c-box next season, it might be me.
BboyTommy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BboyTommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2011 at 12:13pm
bummer you didnt get to renew your pass.  what did mt high say to your email?

didnt get to ride last day.  its always sad packing up the snow gear...
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2011 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by BboyTommy

bummer you didnt get to renew your pass.  what did mt high say to your email?

didnt get to ride last day.  its always sad packing up the snow gear...

I haven't gotten a response from them...so I'm assuming no. LOL  Oh well it was my mistake but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask them you know?

I guess they will be seeing an extra $50 from me in august...much better than now since it's difficult budgeting for 2 passes.

I miss Mt High even though ppl say it's ghetto and all.  I was looking at the Mt High cam yesterday and all the features were gone on upper chissy Cry

Updated weekly!
Jigkidd View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
TWISTER!

Quote Jigkidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2011 at 11:52pm
Sad indeed. Haven't put my gear away, considering heading to 
Mammoth sometime before July 4th.

If you do see someone 50/50 the c-box next season, it might be me.

Learn how to boardslide it foo!
Long hair don't care!
BboyTommy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BboyTommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2011 at 5:20pm

hmmm mammoth...sounds fun.  let me know if u go
Jigkidd View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
TWISTER!

Quote Jigkidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2011 at 12:16am

hmmm mammoth...sounds fun.  let me know if u go

Definitely, West Coast Invitational is there this upcoming weekend. 
Setup looks interesting.
Long hair don't care!
BboyTommy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BboyTommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/25/2011 at 4:49pm
i want winter weather to come back already.
Jigkidd View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
TWISTER!

Quote Jigkidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2011 at 8:58pm
Any pass holders go up on the 28th for the jib jam?
Long hair don't care!
AyChan87 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Snowboarding

Quote AyChan87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2011 at 9:38pm
seems like a weak season, no lifts running, only the easy tracks on east, its pretty much a tiny scrap of land with fake snow
BboyTommy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BboyTommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2011 at 12:55pm
snow on the first official opening day! Had a blast warming back up today.  hope the snow means a good season coming up!
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2011 at 1:01pm

snow on the first official opening day! Had a blast warming back up today.  hope the snow means a good season coming up!

YUp it was nice to be able to finally ride.  It snowed and so it was a bit chilly for me.  I'm so happy that the season has finally started!

Updated weekly!
BunnySloper View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Love my new Bern helmet!

Quote BunnySloper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2011 at 1:59pm
I'm so jealous!!!! I've been up here in Washington since September and will probably be here until the end of January. Although, I'm looking forward to my season in the PNW, I am jeaslous because none of the local mt. are even open yet and Mt. High is already open Ouch.

Besides the mountains here not openning early like in SoCal and Tahoe, I'm really looking forward to the winter here in Washington.
In Pacific NW for part of the 2012/2013 Season.
Jigkidd View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
TWISTER!

Quote Jigkidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2011 at 7:22pm
So jealous of those who went, going to try to get up tomorrow.
It's forecasted for rain on Friday. I hope that doesn't happen.
Long hair don't care!
BboyTommy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BboyTommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2011 at 7:35pm
damn straight better not happen! the rain ruined the entire mountain last december. jigkid i might go thursday r u free?
Tonyrome21 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Tonyrome21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2011 at 8:01pm
hope to get out there soon too, hopefully wednesday... looked nice on the news right now
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 41>