Review Spam

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 1314151617 34>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Review Spam
    Posted: Oct/22/2011 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by ippollite

no idea in this case. The whole thread is a clusterfuck :) 

This whole points spamming, calling out points spammers, calling out the people callling out the points spammers and calling out the people calling out the people calling out the points spammer, point spamming is getting rather silly. 

It seems this is taking up almost half of all the threads recently. I really wish their was a moderation policy in place so this could all be straightforward. Youre certainly not expected to memorise the content of the forums before starting a thread, nor are expected to know where to find those old threads (considering the search is broken). 

You should however be expected to know the general forum rules and what kinds of actions will lead to moderation on the forums. Alas, no one has as yet published them, hence points spamming/flagging is also a massive clusterfuck as well. :)  

Certain topics do come up frequently. Music threads come up a LOT. Whats your favourite... (board, place to ride etc) also come up a lot. One of the big reasons they get locked surprisingly isnt that we take personal umbrage to them, but that half the community descends in complaining that its "another points spammer" which turns it into an absolute mess. This whole meta discussion on points is at one and the same time the driving force of these forums right now and also at the heart of its ongoing stagnation.  

Off the top of my head heres a guideline of things that have gotten moderation in the forums:

1. Multiple thread making and multiple necro bumping (all within a very short period of time).  
2. Necroing with no good reason. Necro-bumping a thread from two years ago to say "i agree!" is considered trolling on any other message board. Its no different here. 
3. New threads on topics that have been posted many many times. You arent supposed to know this, so i will explain: several threads crop up a lot - as mentioned, music threads and favourite threads being two of them. We also used to get lots of threads on waxing, stomp pads and leashes, but well, that seems to have died down a bit. Where are you going to board this year... yeah, its kinda been done a few hundred times too.  The more obvious threads (ie the one that EVERYONE thinks would make a good topic) have likely been done, and likely very recently. Please have a wee lookie in the first few pages. 
4. Posting bullshit threads outside of the board room. Boardroom is generally unmoderated aside a few obvious exceptions, but the rest of the forums try to stay on topic to the section title. Please keep the off-topic stuff to the board room
5.  The funny pictures thread. It just is. Dont post haha, or thats funny. "Pics or gtfo!" as the saying goes. :) 
6. Dont troll someones sale thread. If you think its too high, its not discourteous to tell them that, but try to keep the personal attacks out of it. Also, dont hijack their sale thread to offer the same item for cheaper. Thats awfully bad form.
7. Reposting the same thread several times. 
8. Multiple posting in the same thread. It's a weird one, but please use the edit post button when you forgot to add something. Please also note you can DELETE your posts. If you do make a multiple post by accident, please try and delete it. We cant read minds, so we dont know whether youre spamming or not, but to prevent other people flaming you for it, we tend to flag one of them. 

Honestly, off the top of my head, thats really all i can think of. One of the things id like to add (but as yet theres been no consensus (or rather no precedent)), is the calling out of 'points spammers' though. 

I realise the forums have lost a lot of the old guard so to speak. There are people i miss terribly because of the knowledge and advice they bring to these forums and who no longer post here.  Points spamming is partly responsible for this. No doubt. 

But so too is the meta discussion on points. 

As i mentioned above, so many threads are descending into accusation/counter accusation about points that the forums are invariably suffering from it. A by product is of course that i also weigh in because i LOVE meta discussions. And no one honestly needs that. :) 

So please can we tone it down a bit. This week has been particularly nuts for this discussion, and though its good in that we all have a bit of a think about moderating and posting, its also kind of annoying for the majority of the community that wants to talk about snowboarding and snowboarding related things (yes, including music). 

PS. Before anyone gets the hump, im not telling you what you can and cant post. Post what you like! Im just giving you a GUIDELINE on GENERAL actions that USUALLY invoke some kind of moderation. I deliberately capitalized the qualifiers in that statement to make the point. This is NOT the forum rules. Doing any of these things in no way guarantees you will get flagged. Its just a guideline on things that have been flagged in the past and PROBABLY will be in the future.  
m00m
keljai View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote keljai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2011 at 6:57pm
^^ if thats the case, how come you guys dont spam the gopro giveaway thread. they do it daily to get points pretty much and use the excuse of "because l want to remind ppl" as the excuse 
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2011 at 7:23pm
It took me a while to figure out what you were asking. Lots of threads are points receptacles. The what beer are you drinking now thread, and the daily giveaway and the various music threads. Truth is less moderation is better. 

The 'if thats the case' is slightly confusing since daily bumps of the thread seem pretty ontopic to the content of the thread. Its no different for example from people saying they hope they win the snowboard giveaway or asking who won today? Its not really worth going into either of those threads and asking ourselves when this person says "i hope i win!" are they making a 'legitimate contribution to the forums'. Its insane and there are better ways to look after the forums. So for the most part i doubt anyone bothers to look in them. 
I know ive never looked in the gopro thread until you drew my attention to it right now for instance. :) 

In truth i dont see a demand for the thread to be moderated since no one really complaining about it. It kinda fits with a lot of the other daft threads that make up the community. Only this one actually might result in you winning stuff. Genuinely is this thread being bumped a problem to you personally, or is it that youre finding something inconsistent with what i wrote? 

I assume its the latter. Okay, so... Its hardly a necro. Its in the correct forum. The bumps are usually about 1 a day for a competition that occurs once a day so that doesnt exactly seem disproportionate. And its generally good natured with the content pretty much staying on topic.  :) Seems pretty much fine. 

Not much to say there. It would (as i say), be like flagging all the posts in the free daily giveaway thread. Its probably something none of us would honestly be up for. 

As i also say though, these are just general ideas rather than a cast iron moderation policy. Until bruizza or someone posts up a list of forum rules, we're all playing it as it goes :) 
m00m
winn View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
my collection

Quote winn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/25/2011 at 3:58pm
Rossignol Freeski 50 Ski Poles celtics5x - Rossignol Freeski 50 Ski Poles
Lightweight

I dont really use poles but a friend recommend these poles because of their weight.
Helpful Review?   (0) Yes    (1) No
kel View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote kel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/26/2011 at 6:22am
Burton Trope Beanie Men&amp;apos;s caroeder - Burton Trope Beanie Men&apos;s
mehh

very this long and fits very large
Helpful Review?   (0) Yes    (0) No
he has a few more going up as l'm typing right now
coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2011 at 8:27am
Burton Easy Livin Camber Snowboards Mens jasonabbott86 - Burton Easy Livin Camber Snowboards Men's
2011 Easy Living

fun park board very durable plenty of life left in it after over a 100 days
Helpful Review?   (0) Yes    (1) No review - 9 minutes ago
jenni View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2011 at 2:01pm
natandja Burton Logo Vertical Over Dyed Heather TShirt Mens natandja - Burton Logo Vertical Over Dyed Heather TShirt Men's
Need XXL

I want this t-shirt, but cant find it in XXL, hopefully it will be available soon???
winn View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
my collection

Quote winn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2011 at 2:05pm
natandja Burton Mid Fit Denim Shorts Mens natandja - Burton Mid Fit Denim Shorts Men's
Burton Shorts

Just realized, Burton made shorts, Good fit, long & baggy.

heres more by the same guy, he just realized they made shorts and he already knows it fits good
njironman6 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Standing Sideways

Quote njironman6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2011 at 2:10pm
There are alot of winners in the review category but from what I see how much is there really to review on a t-shirt? Especially the ones we get free after 200pts obviously people review things like that for the points.

Asking a question is obviously wrong but just stating the fit and look isnt really that big of a deal yet if you go to alot of t-shirt reviews theres alot of "did not find this helpful." well what are you looking for exactly in the review of a t-shirt that any member with over 200 points likely has? I feel like sometimes the members on this site are like gunning to catch someone who wants points even though for the majority thats why we are here. I like contributing to forums and this one is great for info and whatnot but if you go into alot of other forums theres SOOO much more BS than this one. Yet people complain that there is so much here. "OMG another music thread" Who cares? as long as its not "I like music do you?" "yes" "yes" "no". Sorry for my rant.
ktown View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote ktown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2011 at 2:14pm
why are you ranting?
1-the burton shirt isnt free if you get 200 pts.
2- he doesnt have it because he cant find the size

l dont know if l misunderstood what your saying but l have no idea
njironman6 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Standing Sideways

Quote njironman6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2011 at 2:17pm
If you re-read I said "ESPECIALLY the ones we get free after 200 pts" I know we dont get free burton shirts because im wearing my free shirt right now. I wasn't speaking about that specific person I was generalizing because I have seen alot of reviews I thought were pretty helpful that were being flamed up just because they only had a few things to say about a free t-shirt. The more complex the item the more complex the review is needed.

I am ranting because I feel this forum opposed to others is above average hostile and its kinda irritating.
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2011 at 6:19pm
Brianlee2795 Lamar Mission Snowboard Mens Brianlee2795 - Lamar Mission Snowboard Men's
sucks...

this is my first and regretfully my only board at the moment, im hoping for a new one this winter it really isnt worth the price
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2011 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by njironman6

If you re-read I said "ESPECIALLY the ones we get free after 200 pts" I know we dont get free burton shirts because im wearing my free shirt right now. I wasn't speaking about that specific person I was generalizing because I have seen alot of reviews I thought were pretty helpful that were being flamed up just because they only had a few things to say about a free t-shirt. The more complex the item the more complex the review is needed.

I am ranting because I feel this forum opposed to others is above average hostile and its kinda irritating.

Obviously you need to post examples to illustrate your point and make sure we're all on teh same page. But assuming there are none readily available (looking for reviews marked as spam is obviously tougher than looking for spam like reviews so i appreciate its a high demand on my part :)), then we'll address the more generic comment on items that you really dont have much to say about.

Beanies, tshirts, socks, scrapers, stickers, leashes et al.

Basically everything outside of boards, bindings and outerwear really :) 

What can we say about those things? 
Well, how about we go wiuth T-shirts...

The first piece of info someone probably wants to know is "who is the dude reviewing this shirt? Are they of similar proportions to me?" This is one of the most valuable pieces of information out there since it pretty much informs everything that follows from it. The more honesty the better. If youre a bit pudgy round the waist, mention it. It helps. Tell the reviewer anything you can about you, because theyre not psychic and everything you add here helps inform them about YOUR experience with the item. 

Which brings us on to the second thing: the fit. Regarding T-shirts this is a must. How does it fit? I tell you what, living in asia i can tell you right now that tshirts fit shtooking oddly here. I havent put my finger on it, but the shoulders seem to be unnecessarily tight making the whole shirt look funny. And you CANNOT TELL THIS just from looking at it. 
The s/m/l/xl model tells you half the story. The rest is explicated in the description of the fit. This can be something vague like "fits true to size" but honestly thats pretty light on information and if that was all you had, youd be getting flagged. Again, the overriding question is "what does the person reading this need to know that i (a person who can use this item), can tell them?" If its a skinny fit (aforementioned above ippys shoulder problems with asian tshirts), but doesnt specify this, then a review would be an EXCELLENT place to add this! in fact thats PRECISELY the kind of information that you would want to see in a review. 

The third thing is wear and tear (and other miscellaneous stuff). Has it lost its shape quickly? did the colors fade after a wash? is the fabric irritating or itchy? are their bobbles all over it? Is the stitching falling apart? You know, standard stuff.

Finally, and this certainly isnt "finally" (theres loads more you could talk about but thats all i can be bothered thinking about since im only getting one point for typing about ten times as much as the average review netting 5 points :/), theres the question of representation.

Is the picture representative of the item in question. I know one of my (flagged) reviews spends a great deal of time remarking on thsi one quality, and it is important. If a picture makes an item look like its brown, but when you get it, it has all these speckly white bits in it making it look freaking ugly, id want to know about it. Does the picture that TruSnow post to publicise the item look representative of the item in real life or was opening the box and pulling out the item reminiscent of that feeling we all get when we open our bigmac and look at the whatever the shtook that is thats staring back at us with its seemingly sad, lonely and dejected eyes ("seemingly").

Lots to mention in a tshirt review at least. 

As for everything you said about stuff that clearly has nothing you can really talk about (stickers and scrapers for instance - although if i had the inclination i could give you a thousand words on what you COULD theoretically talk about - though that might be due more to my verbiage than the inherent qualities of a sticker). My advice on these would eb to avoid reviewing them if possible. And if you must review them then be prepared to work a bit for your points. Youll have to be creative, but the general gist is why would x person want to throw down/save their cash on the item in question? Post a few reasons why they are representative of the description/picture or why they come up short and you should squeak past the flagging no bother. 

Ubnderstand though, if you do post a review, its at trusnow's discretion (and that means more than often us), to remove any review it feels doesnt add any extra value to the original product description. Most people also know that the excuse is kinda lame since we all know that if points werent on the table no one would be reviewing a pack of stickers unless it was to say "these things BLOW!!!! i cant believe i wasted 10 bucks on them"

If you submit a review, its open to moderation based on content. All reviews are expected to be infomrative and add information absent from the picture or the product description. They dont have to be war and peace, they dont have to an epic saga told throughout the ages, they can in fact be just a sentence or two (if you can be (unlikely me) brief and to the point. And as i often say, the threshold is 

Really
F u c k i n g
Low

So theres no excuse for submitting a shit review at the end of the day. :) 

m00m
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/08/2011 at 2:45pm
Okay, someone with a Spam Hammer please review this guy's "reviews" or shall I dare say "obvious attempts to get points".

ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/08/2011 at 2:50pm
Another Hemingway, Shakespeare, Twain.... wordsmith extraordinaire!

| | | bryman | | | View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/08/2011 at 2:50pm
Yeah, and I kind of hate to do it but I'm offended that this dude reviewed the Whiteroom (which I've been stalking for months) and doesn't even appear to know it's a splitboard.  Mebbe I'm just being a hypocrite, I dunno

-b
get bent
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/08/2011 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by | | | bryman | | |

Yeah, and I kind of hate to do it but I'm offended that this dude reviewed the Whiteroom (which I've been stalking for months) and doesn't even appear to know it's a splitboard.  Mebbe I'm just being a hypocrite, I dunno

-b

A perfect example of great minds thinking alike... or should I say twisted minds thinking alike?  Look at the post above yours...
derbytownjoe View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote derbytownjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/08/2011 at 3:05pm
apparently some ppl still dont understand the point of making a review.... let alone a review that is useful or informative..... :-/

done, done and doner.......
batmanwest View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/08/2011 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by derbytownjoe

apparently some ppl still dont understand the point of making a review.... let alone a review that is useful or informative..... :-/

done, done and doner.......

Yerp...we have another winner!!!
http://www.trusnow.com/profile.asp?PF=246170
And it's not just product reviews. This kid is on a roll with some GREAT threads this evening....
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2011 at 10:04am
snowboarder123 is at it again, apparently the lad does not learn from previous mistakes.

ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/11/2011 at 2:07am
Nick is plagiarizing, taking text straight from Rome's web site and posting it as a review...

kel View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote kel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/11/2011 at 3:18am
^wow nice, l'm suprise you figured that out. +1 to you for knowing and double checking 
namsapalooza View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote namsapalooza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/11/2011 at 3:40am
I have to say that those reviewers that actually put in effort to make up some random, quasi-intelligent sounding stuff about things they have never even used in real life are much worse than the curt, uninformative one-liners. At least with the latter I know that I may safely disregard it; those fake, smart-sounding reviews have gotten me so annoyed at the reviews here that I no longer pay any attention to any of them, for fear of being duped by some cunning reviewer into getting a product that, while positively reviewed, is actually sub-par. /rant

I almost want to suggest that reviews should only be allowed for:
(1) people who have bought the product from TruSnow and
(2) may only be submitted at least 1 month after purchase so there is a greater possibility of the reviewer actually having used the product before writing up his/her 'experiences' with it.
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote derbytownjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/11/2011 at 3:47am
that would be pretty hard to regulate and/or implement though, as there are many members here that dont buy all of their stuff from TS.... or for that matter, cannot buy from TS due to international shipping restrictions...

ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/11/2011 at 4:53am
Dang, a new 1-line review reviewer...

kel View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote kel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/11/2011 at 4:55am
thisisntjoebro Burton Poacher Snowboard Jacket Mens thisisntjoebro - Burton Poacher Snowboard Jacket Men's
Great!

This jacket keeps you very warm and it fits just right
Helpful Review?   (0) Yes    (1) No review - 2 minutes ago

dam you were ahead fo me. l was going to post, but then went on starcraft isntead ahaha
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/11/2011 at 4:55am
Originally posted by ctoma

Dang, a new 1-line review reviewer...

Bastard making Ohio look bad! Ouch

But really mate, you are the ultimate catcher of spam and such. If your graphic design job doesn't pan out, you should apply to be the forum mod.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/11/2011 at 5:09am
^ Ha...  I'll pass, it's a thankless job and I think Ippy and Derby have it nailed down pretty well.  I am merely a servant to this web site, a mere witness and reporter of the atrocities committed on this forum.

Besides, my artistic juices are flowing again, check this out:

Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/11/2011 at 5:18am

^ Ha...  I'll pass, it's a thankless job and I think Ippy and Derby have it nailed down pretty well.  I am merely a servant to this web site, a mere witness and reporter of the atrocities committed on this forum.

Besides, my artistic juices are flowing again, check this out:

Bleh, I am getting sick of ippy. Big smile I am still trying to figure out a message he left in another thread. I am pretty sure it's an anagram and I just can't figure it out, or what is more likely, is I am just stupid.

Yeah, you shouldn't loose your focus on your art. Looks MUCH better than anything I have done, for sure.
hise442 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Method

Quote hise442 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/11/2011 at 6:15am
Hey "ctoma" is it not also considered forum spam to post back to back???
kikko View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote kikko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/11/2011 at 6:47am
Originally posted by hise442

look at the timestamp and you'll see that he didn't post "back to back"... doh
someone mark hise442's post as spam!!! Big smile

edit: i was j/k about marking as spam so please don't get your panties in a bunch Shocked
Fear does not stop death, it stops life...
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/11/2011 at 8:53am
More worthless 1-line reviews (4 of them within 10 minutes):

Not only is clark writing 1-line reviews he posts interesting comments such as:

Originally posted by clark3554

yea yea eya

Originally posted by clark3554

hahahaha

I smell a point w h o r e.

=================================================

Hey "hise442", what are you talking about?  Please clarify, unless you mean my consecutive posts that are 16 hours apart...
carebear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote carebear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/11/2011 at 8:58am
We should have an entire thread devoted to links about complaining and see how big it gets. Wink
kyle521 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote kyle521 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/11/2011 at 9:11am
clark3554 just did like 3 reviews that were 1 liners lol
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/11/2011 at 5:57pm
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/11/2011 at 6:28pm
kekeke. 

A) Basically anyone who reports spam in this here thread will have a MASSIVE PASS because 
 they are helping to keep the reviews system nice and tidy :) 

B) 

C) Its not entirely thankless. :) I get away with all kinds of shit :p

D)
I have to say that those reviewers that actually put in effort to make up some random, quasi-intelligent sounding stuff about things they have never even used in real life are much worse than the curt, uninformative one-liners. At least with the latter I know that I may safely disregard it; those fake, smart-sounding reviews have gotten me so annoyed at the reviews here that I no longer pay any attention to any of them, for fear of being duped by some cunning reviewer into getting a product that, while positively reviewed, is actually sub-par. /rant

I shtooking hate those things. I promise you, you aint alone in this. :) 
m00m
kel View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote kel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2011 at 3:21am
brettg34 - Lib Tech Skunk Ape C2BTX Wide Snowboard 161 Men's
Go ape$#@!

Helpful Review?   (-1) Yes    (1) No

need l say more, cuz he didnt
namsapalooza View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote namsapalooza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2011 at 3:26am
Originally posted by derbytownjoe

that would be pretty hard to regulate and/or implement though, as there are many members here that dont buy all of their stuff from TS.... or for that matter, cannot buy from TS due to international shipping restrictions...

I don't think it would be that hard to implement. It's a coding issue for the website really, just give people a code to review when they purchase. Then you apply it to do your review. I have also reviewed some things that I didn't buy on TS, so I wouldn't be able to do that any more. There are worse things though; you can always earn points in other ways :) And it'd be terribly nice to be able to actually trust the reviews.
hise442 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Method

Quote hise442 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2011 at 8:19am
Hey "ctoma" it was only aimed at the one that was 5 min apart closer to the top of the page, not trying to get that marked as spam or any because their used for a good cause, but rather just asking the question using the post where their is a 5 min time laps thats all, Not ones that are hours apart!
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2011 at 10:00am

Hey "ctoma" it was only aimed at the one that was 5 min apart closer to the top of the page, not trying to get that marked as spam or any because their used for a good cause, but rather just asking the question using the post where their is a 5 min time laps thats all, Not ones that are hours apart!

I see, you are referring to 08/Nov/2011 at 7:45pm and 08/Nov/2011 at 7:50pm.  Well, I posted the first one because a crappy review popped up.  5 minutes later another crappy review popped up so I added another post.  Could I have edited the previous post and added the 2nd crappy review?  Sure, but they were for 2 separate OPs so combining the 2 into one post may have made it look like 2 crap reviews from 1 user. 

I wouldn't consider 2 consecutive posts within 5 minutes of each other "spam" especially considering the posts were referring to 2 separate crappy reviews by 2 different OPs.  Feel free to debate that, if the powers that be deem these 2 posts to be spam then by all means mark them as spam.

Besides, I do this for fun and entertainment, not points.  I usually have my first 5 posts completed before I finish my first cup of coffee.  The 63-109 posts that follow are just me being active in the community.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2011 at 1:43pm
kyle521 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote kyle521 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2011 at 1:46pm

Another 1-line reviewer:http://www.trusnow.com/profile.asp?PF=296458

haha i was about to post on the same review
BoxStomper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BoxStomper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2011 at 1:53pm
what about the picture of the exposed tatas like 3 pages back on the funny pictures thread, why is that still up and allowed? I thought nudity was disallowed
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote derbytownjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2011 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by BoxStomper

what about the picture of the exposed tatas like 3 pages back on the funny pictures thread, why is that still up and allowed? I thought nudity was disallowed

hmmm apparently didnt see that one... ill take a look-see
BoxStomper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BoxStomper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2011 at 1:58pm
yeah. its like a wedding where the bride and groom are lifting their arms up, and brides dress is down to her stomach. just a heads up.
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote derbytownjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2011 at 2:06pm
found it, thx!
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2011 at 3:47am
Apparently this person signed up to hawk NFL apparel:

Originally posted by concellnon

Great post! Nice and informative, I really enjoyed reading it and will certainly share this post with my friends . 
nfl kids jerseys 
cheap nfl apparel

ktown View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote ktown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2011 at 2:13pm
at first l saw his mitten and was like ehhhhhh w/e give him a break but now.. he doesnt even bother to make a sentence

dheyer97 686 Smarty Command Snowboard Jacket Mens dheyer97 - 686 Smarty Command Snowboard Jacket Men's
Great

ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2011 at 3:50am

Apparently this person signed up to hawk NFL apparel:

Originally posted by concellnon

Great post! Nice and informative, I really enjoyed reading it and will certainly share this post with my friends . 
nfl kids jerseys 
cheap nfl apparel

Just curious why this was marked as spam?  I posted this to bring this new user's attempt to sell NFL apparel to the attention of the mods and then the post itself gets marked as spam?  Not butt-hurt about it, just curious.
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2011 at 4:09am
no idea dude. I have a feeling you got hit with an accidental slip (so maybe someone meant to quote you and since it was late or something, they hit flag instead). It werent me, because if it was me i would have flagged one of my own posts as a penance (ive accidentally flagged a couple of people). :p
m00m
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 34>