Review Spam

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <12345 34>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MrStak View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Online Status: Offline
  Quote MrStak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Review Spam
    Posted: Apr/03/2009 at 8:51am
He reviewed EVERY sierra shirt! what the heck...
Timmay_650 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Timmay_650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2009 at 8:52am
Awww dang I was going to start flagging my own, so i could get another pair of googles. ha
craigalicious View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote craigalicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2009 at 8:52am
Originally posted by MrStak

http://www.sierrasnowboard.com/profilepage_reviews.asp?PF=29519
this guy has 15 pages of reviews...I can't go through it all but could someone have a gander and see if its bs stuff or not? I'm eating lunch right now and my stiff neck is making it hard for me to eat and flag at the same time Cry

those reviews are crap, but he's been a member since 2007.  although he didn't start reviewing until Dec. 2008.

rideclaps802 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote rideclaps802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2009 at 8:55am

http://www.sierrasnowboard.com/profilepage_reviews.asp?PF=29519
this guy has 15 pages of reviews...I can't go through it all but could someone have a gander and see if its bs stuff or not? I'm eating lunch right now and my stiff neck is making it hard for me to eat and flag at the same time Cry

okay this guy def. just copied the guys below him when he is posting reviews in you look at the burton freestyle ltd boots he reviews he copies the skill level which is posted on the boots and the guy below him re wording it alittle. page 10 of his reviews click on the boots and read all the reviews
Instructor
Instructor

Quote craigalicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2009 at 9:04am
these guys aren't going down fast enough! brofox has multiple reviews of women's gear.

MrStak View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote MrStak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2009 at 9:07am
yea he also has multiple board reviews but they seem legit...i'm gonna have to see if its just a copied review from soemoen else...extra work but worth it in the end
BboyTommy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BboyTommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2009 at 9:10am
oh man, after this mess, we'll get some legit reviews.
dance like no one's watching
MrStak View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote MrStak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2009 at 9:15am
http://www.sierrasnowboard.com/profilepage.asp?PF=104150
not that many points but seems to be on his way to review whoring...
MJSBullitt View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote MJSBullitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2009 at 9:16am
i legit lol'd when i saw that -4 points, its nice to see so much is being done about people abusing the system here
The pessimist says the glass is half empty. The optimist says the glass is half full. The engineer says its really a problem of optimization and the glass is twice the size it should be.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote rideclaps802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2009 at 9:19am
who has -4?? or you just lose 4 points when the review is denied??
Instructor
Instructor

Quote craigalicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2009 at 9:20am

http://www.sierrasnowboard.com/profilepage.asp?PF=104150
not that many points but seems to be on his way to review whoring...

seriously???  a review with no input???!!  this guy needs to go.

xxsweet_jen24xx View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote xxsweet_jen24xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2009 at 9:22am
Dang it, I was away from Sierra for 12 hours and I missed all the fun. I'm gonna have to do some digging so I can try out the new system.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote craigalicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2009 at 9:24am
haha jen that pic of you and your husband on the couch is priceless.  (yes, i'm a stalker.)

airik View Drop Down
Local
Local
here today, gone to tahoe

Quote airik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2009 at 9:29am
this is awesome....
Local
Local

Quote xxsweet_jen24xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2009 at 9:30am
Originally posted by craigalicious

haha jen that pic of you and your husband on the couch is priceless.  (yes, i'm a stalker.)

Haha, yeah, thats what we were going for. We thought it would be funny.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote craigalicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2009 at 9:34am
Originally posted by xxsweet_jen24xx

well done.  how is the review crushing going?

Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote rideclaps802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2009 at 9:35am
http://www.sierrasnowboard.com/profilepage_reviews.asp?PF=75121. all reviews. 260 points of his 300 are reviews. i think he already left b/c he got his t shirt.
Local
Local

Quote xxsweet_jen24xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2009 at 9:36am

I found a couple, but I am dissapointed that I missed out on a few that I was REALLY looking forward to crushing.

I do think it's hillarious that one certain person has since started making new reviews today, that all include the words, "I OWN THIS!" in capital letters, haha.
Local
Local

Quote xxsweet_jen24xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2009 at 9:38am
Originally posted by rideclaps802

http://www.sierrasnowboard.com/profilepage_reviews.asp?PF=75121. all reviews. 260 points of his 300 are reviews. i think he already left b/c he got his t shirt.

I love his review on the Sierra Crew. It says nothing about the board, just about how he just got it and might have to send it back, lol.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote craigalicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2009 at 9:39am

I found a couple, but I am dissapointed that I missed out on a few that I was REALLY looking forward to crushing.

I do think it's hillarious that one certain person has since started making new reviews today, that all include the words, "I OWN THIS!" in capital letters, haha.

who is that?

Instructor
Instructor

Quote craigalicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2009 at 9:41am

MrStak View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote MrStak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2009 at 9:41am
Local
Local

Quote xxsweet_jen24xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2009 at 9:42am

who is that?

that snowboardguy321 or whatever his name is. I wanted to spam some of his, because they were all ridiculous, but everyone beat me to it, and he has since posted two new reviews today. However, they were a little more in depth than the ones that got deleted.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote craigalicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2009 at 9:43am

who is that?

that snowboardguy321 or whatever his name is. I wanted to spam some of his, because they were all ridiculous, but everyone beat me to it, and he has since posted two new reviews today. However, they were a little more in depth than the ones that got deleted.

haha very nice!  the system is working!

MJSBullitt View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote MJSBullitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2009 at 9:46am
The pessimist says the glass is half empty. The optimist says the glass is half full. The engineer says its really a problem of optimization and the glass is twice the size it should be.
Local
Local

Quote xxsweet_jen24xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2009 at 9:46am
Omg, that jakehall dude even made a review on a Sierra shirt that only says, "I'm gonna get this for my free t-shirt." Appearantly I was the deciding factor on that one though, because after I hit spam, it dissapeared.
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2009 at 9:47am
Originally posted by MJSBullitt

o this ones a total spammer LOL

Hahahaha LOL  Gotta flag this one
Instructor
Instructor

Quote craigalicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2009 at 9:50am
i think the review tool needs to be updated to notify users that their review and points will be removed if it is not legit and knowledgeable.  i also think that a page should be created and linked to that explains what a good review is about with examples.  this will help eliminate the need for us to clean house.

MrStak View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote MrStak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2009 at 9:52am
brofox17 and jakehall
reading their reviews frustrates me...especially brofox..he looks at the specs of the item, and talks about it so it looks legit. his CHB, forum roost, k2 select, burton custom second and palmer touch women are all bs reviews.
bsimon2 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bsimon2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2009 at 9:54am

Omg, that jakehall dude even made a review on a Sierra shirt that only says, "I'm gonna get this for my free t-shirt." Appearantly I was the deciding factor on that one though, because after I hit spam, it dissapeared.

I had three of those this morning.  I clicked on them and they disappeared.  It was a good feeling.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote craigalicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2009 at 9:56am
Originally posted by hana24

Hahahaha LOL  Gotta flag this one

yeah i doubt she knows anything about snowboarding. LOL

percept View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote percept Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2009 at 9:58am

lol his new reviews have disclaimers on them: "I OWN THIS".  classic.
dimm0k View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Mammoth, CA - Jan 07, 2009

Quote dimm0k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2009 at 10:04am
Penalties!  If someone speeds they get a ticket.  While that might not deter them from speeding again, enough times would have their license revoked.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote craigalicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2009 at 10:05am
Originally posted by dimm0k

Penalties!  If someone speeds they get a ticket.  While that might not deter them from speeding again, enough times would have their license revoked.

i think they'll just stop trying if they're really here for only points.

China_Machine View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote China_Machine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2009 at 10:11am
Hahaha!!!  That's awsome!!!  Time to flag some crappy reviews.
Your goal in life should be to live it.
Timmay_650 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Timmay_650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2009 at 10:44am

Losing point is a pretty good penalty, see that is the reason they are  reviewing things.  Having -4  points is a  good penalty in my book.
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2009 at 10:47am
I love all the new changes!  Awesome!
bite me View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bite me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2009 at 11:00am

LOL..... I clicked on it and called you a not-so-nice name when I saw my page come up.  LOL
bsimon2 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bsimon2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2009 at 11:07am
I wish there was a way to see how many points were LOST today because of the "flag/spam" button.
bite me View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bite me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2009 at 11:10am
Haha... we asked Nighthawk to write something to tally the points.  He said no Ouch
Powder Princess View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Powder Princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2009 at 11:14am
This feature is amazing!  This will greatly improve the review ratings!  Great job Sierra! Tongue

What about a feature to edit your own reviews?  Sometimes some details come up over time.  I try and wait so I use the product a few times before I write a review, but sometimes you want to add something you didn't notice before.
Nick View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2009 at 11:15am
Originally posted by little ole me

Haha... we asked Nighthawk to write something to tally the points.  He said no Ouch

Looks like someone was being lazy... LOL
bite me View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bite me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2009 at 11:18am
Nah, he's just busy.  We've got alot of stuff to revamp and polish.  The point tally would just be an extra to see how much damage was done in the first day of this feature being available. 

This morning was off the hook though, even here at the store.  I think everyone is loving this feature...... well, most everyone Big smile
ste_funny View Drop Down

Quote ste_funny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2009 at 11:26am
hahah this feature is awesome!  great work again nighthawk and sierra!
dimm0k View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Mammoth, CA - Jan 07, 2009

Quote dimm0k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2009 at 11:33am
Originally posted by Timmay_650

]

Losing point is a pretty good penalty, see that is the reason they are  reviewing things.  Having -4  points is a  good penalty in my book.

I'm not sure if you're agreeing with me or not... but my message was kind of vague so let me clarify.  Violators should be penalized such that they lose points not only from the points for the review, but EXTRA points for wasting peoples' time.
Local
Local

Quote xxsweet_jen24xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2009 at 11:34am
Originally posted by Powder Princess

This feature is amazing!  This will greatly improve the review ratings!  Great job Sierra! Tongue

What about a feature to edit your own reviews?  Sometimes some details come up over time.  I try and wait so I use the product a few times before I write a review, but sometimes you want to add something you didn't notice before.

I was thinking the same thing. It would be nice to be able to edit your reviews.
Local
Local

Quote xxsweet_jen24xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2009 at 11:38am
http://www.sierrasnowboard.com/profilepage_reviews.asp?PF=63185

Looks like we have a new member. It also looks like they are here for the points, lol...
duchsauce View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote duchsauce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2009 at 11:55am
Lol, this is epic!  So many people losing their points, they will log on and be crushed.  You should send the people who got free t-shirts a bill.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote rideclaps802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2009 at 11:56am
i love being the 5th person and watching the points dissapear. its greatLOL
duchsauce View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote duchsauce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2009 at 12:03pm
Not sure if this has been brought up or not, but if I'm looking at a members' reviews (on any page but the first page), and I flag a review, I'm brought back to the first page of their reviews.  It's not really a big deal, but a slight inconvenience.  Is there a way I can stay on the page I am currently looking at?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 34>