Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 2324252627 34>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
belleayre View Drop Down
Local
Local
My son 2010

Online Status: Offline
  Quote belleayre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Review Spam
    Posted: Oct/28/2012 at 12:12pm
The whole system of points for posts and the associated lame hall monitors should be dropped. Everyone here is a potential or actual customer and will probably contribute something positive to the forum, with the exception of true spammers selling imitation handbags and the like. Marking well intentioned posts as spam just alienates customers. Plus it's negative and doesn't fit in with a community that should be encouraging and not petty.
ChiTownRon View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2012 at 12:59pm
Doubt they will change the format. The thing I disliked is I had one forum post marked as spam even though I was clearly ON TOPIC. All because I couldn't quote the picture I was talking about. That right there is kinda not fair, especially since they don't exactly tell you what is considered spam. And I never would of thought something on topic would be marked as spam.  Dead
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2012 at 1:52pm
I wouldnt worry about a spam flag in truth. Its when you start crossing into the high teens that you should start feeling aggrieved.

As for the flagged post. Its the funny pictures thread. Its pretty much the only thread on the forums where youre going to get flagged for not posting a picture. I dunno why, i didnt make up the rule. I dont even flag in it, but there you go.

Its not about quoting the picture, its about posting a new one im afraid. 

As for lame hall monitors. Swings and roundabouts. You see it from your side of teh fence, we see it from ours. Annoying as it is for you, i assure you its equally irritating for us. But thats what happens when a company wants at least some modicum of contribution to their forums and reviews section in return for giving you free shit. If they didnt give you free shit, a rather large swathe of posts and posters would disappear overnight.  Points bring activity. If they didnt, do you honestly think theyd keep the system going?... And with that activity comes spamming for points (which drives off legitimate contributors). 

So in order to strike a balance, they created the spam flag and gave us the task of looking after the forums and making actual judgements (ridiculous as it might sound), on deciding whether someone is making a legitimate contribution or whether they are just spamming for points and trying to game the system. I know it sounds insane, but then again, getting a free setup for doing nothing more than posting on a forum is pretty nuts too.  :) 
m00m
ChiTownRon View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2012 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by ippollite

I wouldnt worry about a spam flag in truth. Its when you start crossing into the high teens that you should start feeling aggrieved.

As for the flagged post. Its the funny pictures thread. Its pretty much the only thread on the forums where youre going to get flagged for not posting a picture. I dunno why, i didnt make up the rule. I dont even flag in it, but there you go.

But c'monnnn... any mod with common sense on any forum should know that should not be considered spam. spam usually means you're off topic. i'm not worried about 1 spam post, just the fact that it shouldn't even be considered spam to start off with. 
derbytownjoe View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote derbytownjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2012 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by ChiTownRon

But c'monnnn... any mod with common sense on any forum should know that should not be considered spam. spam usually means you're off topic. i'm not worried about 1 spam post, just the fact that it shouldn't even be considered spam to start off with. 

in the funny pictures thread, any post WITHOUT an attatched funny pic IS off-topic and IS spam!
sorry, but thats the way it is...

but like ippy said, dont worry about it unless you start amassing many flags....
Im Himmel gibt's kein Bier, drum trinken wir es hier.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2012 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by belleayre

The whole system of points for posts and the associated lame hall monitors should be dropped. Everyone here is a potential or actual customer and will probably contribute something positive to the forum, with the exception of true spammers selling imitation handbags and the like. Marking well intentioned posts as spam just alienates customers. Plus it's negative and doesn't fit in with a community that should be encouraging and not petty.

I am one of those lame hall monitors and demand your post be marked as SPAM!!!!

ha ha, just kidding... sort of...
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2012 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by ChiTownRon

Yeah, truth be told i stay out of that one because i dont like flagging people for finding things funny. I know its a dumb rule to be honest, but what ends up happening is this:

One person says lol.
Five other people start complaining that they should post a picture or shtook off.
Those 6 people then get into a meta discussion crapping the thread.
Five more people start complaining that everyone should stfu and stop crapping the thread with meta bullshit.
The thread descends into a clusterfuck. 

The first few pages of the funny pictures thread have lots of conversations like this. Sorry you got flagged dude, but just think its for the greatest happiness. The funny pictures thread stays clean and tidy, and meta contributions are at a minimum so we can all enjoy the pics. :) 

For new people to the site its definitely the most controversial flag. But its pretty much an iron law.

I dunno, ive explained the mod policy plenty of times, its pretty consistent, but heres the gist again.

1. Post a funny picture in the funny pictures thread. I might as well add that you should DEFINITELY stay on topic in the other points receptacle threads. Since people do their five and out there, off topic stuff is often mercilessly shat on.
2. Standard moderation rules apply everywhere else - no threadcrapping, spamming, multiple posting, trolling (not really enforced to be truthful), necroing etc.
3. A note on spamming: Since points exist and since they give you free stuff out of the pocket of the people paying for it, then do try and understand they want their forums to be used in as legitimate a way as possible. Its not to say you cant fake your legitimacy,  but of course try and make some effort if you want to avoid the flag. 

Naturally, this is the big controversial one that people (to some extent rightly) feel annoyed by, but as i say, unlike a lot of other forums, you get free shit here just for writing posts and being signed in, so its reasonably fair to expect that the site is moderated to some extent to keep the people solely posting because they want the freebies kept in check a bit. (Particularly since they do drive people off the site and destroy plenty of conversation not only with their random posts that have nothing to do with the ongoing conversation in the thread, but also because when people call them out on it, it turns the thread and the conversation into yet another meta discussion on points and spamming). 

Thus, "legitimate contribution" is a thing on this site. But the threshold of what "legitimate contribution" means is really really low. It just means youre participating in the conversation and not just posting random shit for your 5 points. For me personally i wont flag you unless you have a history of doing it or its absolutely bullshit (such as making a post like "ihwikadhug"). For some other mods, the threshold might be a little tougher, but really ultimately its like this: dont crap, necro, and spam threads with bullshit. Try and at least stay on topic, and do try and contribute to an ongoing conversation and not just the thread title.

Basically what the site wants is people to come and chat about snow stuff and products. This creates a nice friendly happy climate that encourages people to visit and stay on the site. Which of course leads to purchases. In return, they give you free shit as a reward for keeping these forums alive and healthy to keep you creating nice engaging posts which brings in new users and keeps you here because the conversation is great and shtook me! youre getting rewarded for doing something youd be doing anyway! :) 

Unfortunately thats the ideal. 

What actually happens (more often than not), is that people pop into conversations, spam any shit killing conversations dead or leading to meta discussions and thread crapping which in turn leads to many of the regular users who are genuinely here just to talk about snowboarding and dont really care about points, feeling like theyre wasting their time participating in the general conversation. They then leave the site, which leads to fewer interesting threads being created, and LOTS more bullshit one word/sentence threads that have no actual conversation to them filling up the forums and the front page. 

The proliferation of these point receptacle threads means that new people who want to just chat about snowboarding see very little keeping them here so they head to other sites and participate on those forums instead. This just leaves a bunch of superficial bullshit threads in their wake and the spammers are shtooking delighted with that. 

I honestly feel sometimes we might as well shut down the forums and create one big thread with the title "what are you thinking about?"... but then i remember we have about ten threads in the board room which continually end up on the front page dropping all actual conversation off the first page with a variation on that theme... 

Its a massive cycle of shit to be honest. :)  

ETA: im often told that i shouldnt really give so much of a shit about it. But honestly, when i came to this site it was THE COMMUNITY that kept me posting here. The people on this site knew their shit, offered super quick and helpful advice and were also wickedly funny. This was a great place for beginners. It wasnt as steezy and scene intense like EL/BMB and it wasnt as dry and slow as snowboardingforum, but it had a place in teh scheme of things. It could go deep and interesting, but it also was super friendly, easy going, chatty, and ultimately a helpful place for first timers to really get their head around it all. So yeah, i remember that and kinda miss it. 
m00m
letourneau41 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Good Day In The Backcountry

Quote letourneau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2012 at 11:10am
There are several horrible reviews on tools and socks in the profile.  Someone get the Spam Hammer out.

gsrrr View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
shred ze gnar

Quote gsrrr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2012 at 11:51am
Originally posted by letourneau41

There are several horrible reviews on tools and socks in the profile.  Someone get the Spam Hammer out.

Those were posted a long time ago.  I don't recall if the points system was even in place when they posted those reviews.  I typically let those slide.  
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2012 at 12:08pm
Andrew here hasn't grasped the concept of writing a meaningful review:

JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2012 at 12:23pm
Nothing welcomes them to the boards quite like failing to read this first:

2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2012 at 10:22am
Wow, 3 of my product reviews just got flagged for spam... I guess a couple of them were kind of short so I apologize for that, but those were from 2 years ago when I was super n00b here.  I didn't know about all these rules back then when I first joined this community.

But the one I wrote just last night was definitely truthful and legit... sigh Dead, is someone out to get me?

http://www.trusnow.com/profile_reviews.asp?PF=262453&view=deleted

I really hope this doesn't start a chain of spam flags for me.   Please be kind!

EDIT: so anyone can flag a review or forum post as spam but does staff/expert have to confirm it before points are lost?
Check out my channel & SUBSCRIBE! www.youtube.com/fj5
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2012 at 10:35am
Originally posted by fj5

Wow, 3 of my product reviews just got flagged for spam... I guess a couple of them were kind of short so I apologize for that, but those were from 2 years ago.  I didn't know about all this back then.

But the one I wrote just last night was definitely truthful and legit... sigh Dead, is someone out to get me?

I really hope this doesn't start a chain of spam flags for me.   Please be kind!

EDIT: so anyone can flag a review or forum post as spam but does staff/expert have to confirm it before points are lost?

I do recall for whatever reason, your old reviews were popping up on the newsfeed.  I do think there should be a statue of limitations on being flagged for stuff years ago.
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote derbytownjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2012 at 10:47am
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

Originally posted by fj5

Wow, 3 of my product reviews just got flagged for spam... I guess a couple of them were kind of short so I apologize for that, but those were from 2 years ago.  I didn't know about all this back then.

I do recall for whatever reason, your old reviews were popping up on the newsfeed.  I do think there should be a statue of limitations on being flagged for stuff years ago.

hmmm odd....

i went through and took a look at what got flagged, and truthfully i couldnt tell you why they got flagged. 

AFAIK its only admin/experts that can flag/spam.
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2012 at 1:23am
Originally posted by derbytownjoe

Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

Originally posted by fj5

hmmm odd....

i went through and took a look at what got flagged, and truthfully i couldnt tell you why they got flagged. 

AFAIK its only admin/experts that can flag/spam.

I chatted with a Staff Member and apparently they have the power to reverse flags, I guess it's under review right now.  I'm hoping for the best!
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2012 at 4:03am
not me. I did see three reviews of yours though and thought "naughty naughty!" so ran to check your reviews. You do have a RATHER LOT of reviews to be honest. So maybe you were given a small bonk on the noggin for it. :) 

I should stress before its maybe taken the wrong way, it doesnt mean youre reviews are BS, but three reviews in a row, no history indicating youd have extensive product history in the forums, and a fair amount of reviews does send up a few red flags to anyone casually perusing your profile. ;)

As for statute of limitations. Before the points system = fine. After the points system = fair game as far as i see it. If you got points for it in the points system, its fine for me to spam flag you for it at any point. So as far as im concerned 2010+ its up for grabs. 

m00m
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2012 at 8:12am
Well I can understand why it would appear suspicious seeing 3 in a row.  But does one really need to show extensive product history in the forums to prove that he/she actually used the products?  I own or owned all the products I've ever reviewed for at least 2 years.  More than half the stuff I bought were from here (Sierra days).  

Yeah, I was pretty dormant here for a long time during the off season (just logged in daily) and yes, I will admit that nearing the next points level does motivate me to be a bit more active and take some time from my busy life to write some reviews now.

Anywho, thanks for all your input on my case, I'll try and space out my reviews in future to avoid suspicion.  I'll definitely continue to put as much meaningful content as I can, as I've been doing with my later reviews.  

Really hoping at least one of my flags gets reversed, because I found my points for that Burton lock to be quite valid for anyone looking to buy a lock.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2012 at 9:31am
Well, that only assumes you purchase all your goods from TS but not everyone buys all their things from TS.  I mean I buy from where ever I can find it cheapest, but I do admit most of my purchases are from TS.  
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2012 at 10:54am
http://www.trusnow.com/profile.asp?PF=297845

Not even a noobie member and yet these are come crap reviews.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/07/2012 at 4:09am
New member that is posting drivel on the threads.  Read his/her posts and then see if they are either relevant to the thread or if he/she copied and pasted a post from someone else earlier in the thread.

Lyedroth View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Lyedroth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2012 at 12:46pm
I think its a good idea, and so if you hit 30 points for form you can no longer post or do you no longer get points for the posts?
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2012 at 12:53pm
^^ No more points.  Although you can strait get your azz banned if you get too far out of line.

But after this week, the threshold is clearly starting to expand LOL
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2012 at 5:05pm
dudes i think we should chill the hell down on new people. 
Amazing as it sounds, but the season is around the corner so a lot of people will have a lot of questions and wont have a clue about forum protocol, points and whatever else. Can we just assume for the next few months that people are just 

a) excited about going snowboarding and will ask all kinds of questions that have been asked and answered 100 times already.
b) excited about the giveaways on the site and will want to talk about it.
c) excited that points lead to free shit and will want to try and game the system a bit. 

Most take a little bit of time to adjust to the way things happen around here and just assume its standard forum moderation. So can we let them find their feet a bit before driving them away from the site. 

This doesnt mean we cant still draw attention to things, or flag stuff or moderate the forums. But can we chill down on the personal attacks a bit. 

This site has one or two things going for it, and the main one is that its not (supposed to be) intimidating to new people. Its been an ethos of the site since day 1. I think this is a good thing and would love for it to continue. Can we save the ire for people who really deserve it?
m00m
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/13/2012 at 7:35pm
^^^ Agreed ippollite. We don't want to scare away new people who just show up for help and aren't familiar with the rules and customs.

On another note. Here is some foreign spam. Can't even tell what language it is, maybe Italian?
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2012 at 7:59pm
| | | bryman | | | View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2012 at 5:24am

dudes i think we should chill the hell down on new people. 
Amazing as it sounds, but the season is around the corner so a lot of people will have a lot of questions and wont have a clue about forum protocol, points and whatever else. Can we just assume for the next few months that people are just 

a) excited about going snowboarding and will ask all kinds of questions that have been asked and answered 100 times already.
b) excited about the giveaways on the site and will want to talk about it.
c) excited that points lead to free shit and will want to try and game the system a bit. 

Most take a little bit of time to adjust to the way things happen around here and just assume its standard forum moderation. So can we let them find their feet a bit before driving them away from the site. 

This doesnt mean we cant still draw attention to things, or flag stuff or moderate the forums. But can we chill down on the personal attacks a bit. 

This site has one or two things going for it, and the main one is that its not (supposed to be) intimidating to new people. Its been an ethos of the site since day 1. I think this is a good thing and would love for it to continue. Can we save the ire for people who really deserve it?

Awwww, Jamers is still upset even after getting a free board for her trouble?  Don't take it out too hard on ctoma just because she complained, she did send him that really awful and offensive dm.  That being said, I have nothing against civility, for sure

-b
get bent
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2012 at 11:43am
Originally posted by fj5

Well I can understand why it would appear suspicious seeing 3 in a row.  But does one really need to show extensive product history in the forums to prove that he/she actually used the products?  I own or owned all the products I've ever reviewed for at least 2 years.  More than half the stuff I bought were from here (Sierra days).  

Yeah, I was pretty dormant here for a long time during the off season (just logged in daily) and yes, I will admit that nearing the next points level does motivate me to be a bit more active and take some time from my busy life to write some reviews now.

Anywho, thanks for all your input on my case, I'll try and space out my reviews in future to avoid suspicion.  I'll definitely continue to put as much meaningful content as I can, as I've been doing with my later reviews.  

Really hoping at least one of my flags gets reversed, because I found my points for that Burton lock to be quite valid for anyone looking to buy a lock.

I'm sure you may find the points you put up on your reviews to be valid, but what's funny is your view doesn't matter, what counts is what the mod thinks is valid or not.  With the system the way it is, you'll be hard press to find different perspectives on products.  i don't know who's responsible for marking spam so I can't point fingers and good luck with your endeavour. 
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2012 at 4:22am
Selling kitchens on a snowboard forum?

gunda pickle View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote gunda pickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2012 at 4:26am
Extreme kitchens will be the next big thing On X Games!
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/18/2012 at 4:51pm
Reviewing an item the OP has only tried on in a shop.

Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote derbytownjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/18/2012 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by ctoma

Reviewing an item the OP has only tried on in a shop.

done
JBburton 18 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote JBburton 18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2012 at 3:32pm
http://www.trusnow.com/profile.asp?PF=355740

first day.  five and out within 13 minutes.  and... managed to revive some old ass threads with one liners.  gotta love it
shredBATALEON: (4:06 PM) dude jb your being such a dutch bag man
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2012 at 4:00pm
i saw that earlier. But being the love and peace hippy that i am, i figured he was likely researching his new board and thanking folks for taking the time to spell out what he maybe needs. See how it goes...  
m00m
batmanwest View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2012 at 1:38pm
As we sit around today, and celebrate the taking of land, may we ponder for a moment in the idea of taking of points.

http://www.trusnow.com/profile_reviews.asp?pf=192451
dpboarder98 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote dpboarder98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2012 at 5:56pm
Surprised nobody has got onto him yet http://www.trusnow.com/profile.asp?PF=355495
dpboarder98 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote dpboarder98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2012 at 1:46pm
http://www.trusnow.com/profile.asp?PF=190566 this guys reviews suck, and he reviewed the same thing twice
CassinoNorth View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote CassinoNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2012 at 8:01pm
Apologize for my sub par reviews before guys, making a conscience effort to improve them. I had a good chat with ippollite about putting in more detail.
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2012 at 8:05pm
dude, your reviess arent awful. Well, the ones that got hit were a bit lacking in details, but dont sweat it. You pointed out flaws and fit, just keep asking that same question "If i was thinking about dropping real cash on this and only had the picture and reviews to go on, what would i absolutely need to knwo about the product to make an informed decision on it that i would feel confident enough to spend my cash?" Its the magic question that writes all the best reviews on this site :) 

PS. The helmet review is EXACTLY the kind of review we love to see. Brilliant stuff. 

Good luck dude! 
m00m
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2012 at 7:31am
Recent reviews are lacking detail, looks like a blatant attempt to get some quickie points:

ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2012 at 7:58am
Another one lacking details:

sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2012 at 4:35pm
This dude hasn't even ridden the board and he posted a review:

http://www.trusnow.com/profile.asp?PF=356508
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2012 at 11:00pm
Ummm, this speaks for itself:
http://www.trusnow.com/profile_reviews.asp?PF=357773&view=brandreviews

He/she's madd close to the goggles PURELY by empty brand reviews.
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote derbytownjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2012 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by fj5

Ummm, this speaks for itself:
http://www.trusnow.com/profile_reviews.asp?PF=357773&view=brandreviews

He/she's madd close to the goggles PURELY by empty brand reviews.

have already been on it, but at least more than one person noticed it!
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2012 at 12:27am
anyone that makes me waste my shtooking time running around on bullshit brand reviews...:) God i HATE brand reviews
m00m
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote derbytownjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2012 at 12:48am

anyone that makes me waste my shtooking time running around on bullshit brand reviews...:) God i HATE brand reviews

this!

if only we could have an easier way to patrol/control the BR's
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2012 at 12:58am
Yo guys, so I know that when you review a product, you get 5 points for it (same with a brand), but it looks like when you flag it, only 3 points are lost.  I can see her points going down but I'm a little confused by the math.

Ex.  She had 1334 total points, 1225 of that were brand reviews, and at that time, it said points lost from spam were 39 (includes 3 product spams = 9 points), so 30 points lost in brand reviews.

Then I refreshed, she had 1119 total points, 1040 of that were brand reviews, and 168 points lost from spam.

Now, 1069, 990, 198.

I'm confused.
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2012 at 12:59am
its just a bug. One more for the collection :) 
m00m
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2012 at 1:03am
Would be awesome to see her reaction tomorrow morning when she logs in.  Holy crap, I just noticed she signed up just 3 days ago! LOL
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2012 at 3:14am
^  It's people like that that are making me lose interest in this forum.  Pure and simple point [whores].  There should be more mods to police this type of activity.  Why Ippy doesn't have more power is a mystery to me, Ippy is very active on this site.  Derby deserves credit, too, for keeping these threads clean.

This is just shtooking ridiculous:

Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote derbytownjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2012 at 3:16am
if you look over at the 5 and out thread.....
the user had almost 1400 pts...
so me and ipps were thinking.... that there has to be some kind of bug in the system, when 792+79 equals 1399......
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 34>