Review Spam

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 2829303132 33>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sideways99 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Online Status: Offline
  Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Review Spam
    Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 2:55am
To add to chillwill's post here's a link to the spammer's account:

Can accounts like this (created purely for spam) be banned?
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2013 at 2:19am
Local
Local

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2013 at 12:49am
Same guy is doing it again today:

chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2013 at 2:53am
Local
Local

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2013 at 5:20am
Local
Local

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2013 at 3:11am
Local
Local

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2013 at 6:34am
Some Mothers Day spam from shit'n shavers:

Local
Local

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2013 at 4:54am
Not necessarily spam but several pointless shitty posts:

http://www.trusnow.com/profile.asp?PF=10108

Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2013 at 9:54am
I would say crappy posts would be considered spam as there is no elaboration like seriously, huh?  LOL
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
namsapalooza View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote namsapalooza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2013 at 3:20am
Another spammer on the loose. Dredging up 800 day old threads: http://www.trusnow.com/profile.asp?PF=371475

Plus, this person too, I think: http://www.trusnow.com/profile.asp?PF=371494
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2013 at 12:51am
Local
Local

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2013 at 6:07pm
This is just shtooking ridiculous:

loulou09 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote loulou09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2013 at 3:30am
damn sideways99 you sure are a snitch. you pretty much have the most post on here. bored?
Local
Local

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2013 at 4:35am
Originally posted by loulou09

damn sideways99 you sure are a snitch. you pretty much have the most post on here. bored?

Why no, Megan, I just hate seeing bullshit spammers here.  Can I pull your finger now?
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2013 at 8:58am

The term snitch is more in reference to criminal activity, not stupidity. If sideways99 wants to point out the useless and redundant posts; which, lets be honest, are stupid and a waste of time to scroll through, I support him/her fully. I've gotten the spam hammer before, but I engaged in a process called "learning". Through this process, I've taken cues from my environment and have adjusted my behaviors to fit into this environment more harmoniously. I don't get increased spam counts and the forum is less filled with nonsense. You should try it. It may help you become a better person.
Shop smart... Shop S-Mart.
Local
Local

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/2013 at 3:45am
Look who's back... can someone spam his posts so they add up against his spam count?

Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/27/2013 at 6:25pm

You can flag this one too.

Local
Local

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2013 at 3:35am
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2013 at 12:29am
Local
Local

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2013 at 3:57am
Local
Local

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/12/2013 at 4:17pm
Local
Local

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/13/2013 at 2:26am
Local
Local

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/15/2013 at 4:07am
Can someone get rid of this fool?

rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/15/2013 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by julius77

The term snitch is more in reference to criminal activity, not stupidity. If sideways99 wants to point out the useless and redundant posts; which, lets be honest, are stupid and a waste of time to scroll through, I support him/her fully. I've gotten the spam hammer before, but I engaged in a process called "learning". Through this process, I've taken cues from my environment and have adjusted my behaviors to fit into this environment more harmoniously. I don't get increased spam counts and the forum is less filled with nonsense. You should try it. It may help you become a better person.

Loulou - I have to agree with them. It's not about ratting on someone. It's about keeping these forums quality high. Some ppl won't agree with me on this next statement but so be it: it's like when I'm in professional grad school, if I see someone cheating throughout the whole exam that is key to my profession, I will call them out on it. Lets say I'm going to be a physician, and I don't call them out for cheating in anatomy. They pass boards and now they're ur physician. They diagnosis u with pneumonia but u actually have lupus which u find out a few yrs later, which gives u a shorter lifespan. FYI lupus is really bad to have, lots of hospital visits. Anyways, u find out that I let him cheat through school. I know for a fact u'll be mad at ur physician for not knowing his stuff & u'll be mad at me for not doing anything.

Quality over quantity
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/16/2013 at 10:03am
Cheating doesn't help anyone especially yourself and like Rurchan, if someone was cheating that could jeopardize the future of other people's lives then I would call them out on it as well and totally have.  LOL  Btw lupus is really bad especially if combined with another illness, my friend died from it last year.
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2013 at 7:17am
This spam thread just got heavy. I understand rurchan's hypothetical dilemma, but I would not make the same choice as him. I'm glad there are people like him in the world. In this hypothetical situation, I would work as hard as possible to become the best doctor I could be, and let the cheater deal with the inevitable malpractice lawsuits. Of course, that does raise malpracticed insurance for all doctors. So yes, I'm thankful for the 'rurchans' in medical school and in the world.
*I'm sorry about your friend, Midge.
Shop smart... Shop S-Mart.
Local
Local

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2013 at 5:16am
Time to warm up the Spam Hammer:

Local
Local

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/04/2013 at 4:16am
Instructor
Instructor

Quote namsapalooza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2013 at 1:46am
And more morning spam:

jaysismyson
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Local
Local
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2013 at 5:47am
^^ Stupid bots.  Once again, who actually clicks on the mountains of crap that they put out?  Like over at backpacker mag's website, the comments are nothing but: Cheap oakleyzz!  and crap.
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2013 at 8:31am
I'm sure old people or little kids or people click them by accident like when your browser locks up so you click everywhere and may accidentally click their link.  LOL 
Instructor
Instructor

Quote namsapalooza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/06/2013 at 12:09am
Another spambot: personalgame
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/07/2013 at 8:30am
Sorry to hear that AMY, my 25 y.o. gf got diagnosed with systemic lupus and I'm afraid of the future for her and me. Doctor told her her life will be normal and I heard the total opposite from other doctors & nurses so she's under the impression everything will be fine.

Anyways, back to the topic: I don't know what happened to the Christian thread but the format got screwed up ever since his post
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/07/2013 at 10:40am
@Rurchan sorry to hear about that but doctors don't really know what would happen because lupus is so unpredictable as there is no cure.  You can only hope she is lucky with her case.  My friend's mom lupus condition recently started to go bad so she's been in and out of the hospital for awhile now.  It's just very important to keep her from contracting other diseases since their immune system is vulnerable to begin with.  My friend was healthy until her baby's daddy cheated on her and contracted herpes and gave it to her so soon after she became paralyzed from the waist down because it killed her spinal nerves.  Slowly her body started to deteriorate and organs started to fail even with chemo and finally putting her on her deathbed in 2 years time.  In the end, she never blamed him for her death because that was just the kind of person she was even though it would mean not being able to see her son grow up into a man.

Anyways, I thought this thread was about spam?  Maybe that dude's post hit some kind of glitch?  Since his profile doesn't look like a spam account so it doesn't look like he would post random spam crap like that, but wow never have seen that before.  It looks like some kind of computer programming code thingy.  LOL
Local
Local

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2013 at 2:11am
WTF is this?  "Origins and modern ceramic buttons"?

http://www.trusnow.com/profile.asp?PF=374848
jshardy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jshardy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2013 at 10:27am
Nice work, spam police.
Local
Local

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2013 at 2:21pm
^ Gee thanks.  That was your first post after creating your account over 3 years ago?

Some crappy reviews:

magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2013 at 6:50pm
I'm not sure if this is considered spam. A double post 5 hrs later?

JDiggidy View Drop Down
Local
Local
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2013 at 9:19am
^^ I've double posted before because of a glitch in how the posts populate to the boards.  I think it has to do if you click the "Post Reply" button twice really fast or hit it again when the page is loading or something.

I don't think some people know that they can delete their last posts either if it happens.

EDIT: hmmm... i just tried to make this one double post and it didn't.  i guess i don't know how that works for sure.
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
Local
Local

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2013 at 9:36am
^ JDiggidy has twitchy fingers, one click to you or me is 14 clicks to JDigg...  Wink
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2013 at 10:36am
Well sometimes my mouse double clicks but it usually never double post, it just goes to an error screen that says you're trying to make too many posts as once.
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Local
Local
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2013 at 10:51am

/obligitory "Your mom" joke regarding my fast fingers.

// realizes this may be his chance to start some shiz Big smile

jshardy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jshardy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2013 at 1:24pm
I had points disappear on reviews for 3 items I own. Ridiculous. What's with the storm trooper approach? Who cares if some people have a few unearned discount points? Hardly bank robbing.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2013 at 3:57pm
When the organization is giving away goggles (value up to $100) and bindings (value up to $200) they reserve the right to spam blatant attempts at point w-horing.  Your reviews did not contain much information, shouldn't even be called reviews.

Here's a link to some review writing guidelines:

coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2013 at 4:21pm
what ctoma said, and if it does't matter, what diff loosing a few un-earn points then?
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2013 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

Well sometimes my mouse double clicks but it usually never double post, it just goes to an error screen that says you're trying to make too many posts as once.

I've gotten that page a bunch of times when I post from my phone but it doesn't double post. But I doubt that this kind of error will post 5 hrs later. I can understand within a minute, but 5 hrs later is questionable to me. I agree that if people say its only a few points, then they shouldn't get mad when a few points are taken away
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Local
Local
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2013 at 6:39am
^^ oh... my bad guys, i didn't realize he wrote the exact same thing 5 hrs apart in the randomness thread... i thought it was just a straigt up "double post."

maybe he hit his head cliff jumping?
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2013 at 9:24pm
Came across a new spambot. Release the hounds!!!

Local
Local

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2013 at 3:52am
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2013 at 6:21am
Spam

http://trusnow.com/profile_posts.asp?pf=375568
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 33>