0 Staff | 14 Members
Live Chat
trusnow
Powered by 386,515 Members
Shopping Forum Out of Stock
username or email password
 Forum Home > SNOWBOARDS > The Board Room

Quick Login: Forgot password?

Two wheels discussion thread! (Motorcycles only!)

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <12345 48>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Scorer099 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Scorer099 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Two wheels discussion thread! (Motorcycles only!)
    Posted: May/10/2009 at 7:41am
Originally posted by BRUIZZA

Originally posted by Scorer099

My bro is FINALLY flying in town for some interviews tomorrow so no riding for me this weekend.

I'll borrow your bike for the weekend, hell, i'll even wash and wax it for ya...
You can borrow my bike anytime you want.  I just require a $5000 cash deposit.

Oh no problem, i wipe with that kind of money... breck paid wellOuch
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2009 at 10:58am
WSBK race at Monza about to start on Speed Channel in a few minutes.  Spies ended up taking the superpole again!
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2009 at 11:58am
Spies ran out of gas on the final turn while leading the race........Can't believe it.  I hope he comes back in race 2 in kills them.

Fibrizio was giving it to Haga all race, so much for team orders
krispysteve View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote krispysteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2009 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by shakazulu12

We can take the old scenic highway to Multnomah falls.  It runs parallel to 84, in fact, its a better view because its elevated and more in the trees.  Plus that takes us by rooster rock and about five other smaller waterfalls that nobody seems to mention because they all go to Multnomah. 

The only downside is the road is very narrow, if you get caught behind a motorhome going 20,  there is almost no way of getting past. 

I've been on that road before, not on a bike, though.  That could be a fun route, whatever is cool with me.  I just want to get another big group together.
Geology Rocks View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geology Rocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2009 at 8:48pm
ok so here is the thoughts....i have been looking very hard at bikes...

2005 cbr600rr
2700 miles not modified what so ever...1 owner
asking $5800...wont budge

2006 suzuki gsxr600
9000 miles...not modified...3rd owner.
asking $5600...told him $5000 and he said no gear for that price.

thoughts?

joe
<br />
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geology Rocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2009 at 9:22pm
<br />
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2009 at 6:09am
Honda is too high, look for another one for 5k.  Suzuki is cool, I'm going to make fun of you though for being a Gixxer squid.

In fact, let me get a head start on this now and post this picture of your riding buddy.  I bet you are going to get a matching tramp stamp too huh?

Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geology Rocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2009 at 6:18am
canadians are weird....

I want the 600RR but I know its to high. he needs to come down to the $5300 range. NADA is listing it at $5415

joe
<br />
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2009 at 6:41am
Buy the GSXR and call it a day.  Tons of mods available and parts are cheap.  Handles very well, has a great suspension etc.  Has a great slipper clutch already. Everyone knows how to set them up.  Nothing really wrong with it at all other than me and Bru' calling you Gixxer squid.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geology Rocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2009 at 7:33am
the bike has been down i just found out. the first owner binned it...suzuki dealer fixed it clean and clear. this is the 3rd owner. he is selling cause he is moving. it has been down...just not down by him...

i hate used stuff...
<br />
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2009 at 7:37am
What happened to the Kawi with the West kit on it that you were going to look at?  
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2009 at 7:37am
By the way, every bike has been down, I already told you.  Its just a matter of whether they will admit it or not.  Thats why you take the fairings off and look at everything underneath to see if it was messed up or not in the process. 

Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2009 at 7:40am
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2009 at 9:05am
$5700 for that Honda really isn't a bad deal IMHO.  It is in perfect shape.  I paid slightly over NADA on my R6.  It is a great bike and was in perfect condition when I bought it.
www.chargeharder.com
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geology Rocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2009 at 9:13am
Originally posted by shakazulu12

What happened to the Kawi with the West kit on it that you were going to look at?  

it was down...and pretty good from what i could tell. he wasnt gonna budge ont he price either. the problem is people are looking at kBB values, then marking them up and not budging.

The cbr is the front runner right now...just concerned about thepower delivery of the bike and how I will like it coming from a twin,.
<br />
dirtysouth View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
cuban in costa rica

Quote dirtysouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2009 at 9:16am
I paid $6,100 for my 2006 RR back in 08.  It wasn't in perfect condition.
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2009 at 9:17am
Not sure what to tell you about the power delivery, its going to be different, but I thought you said you liked to chase revs? 

If not, then you better switch gears and find a twin, a 636 or a 750.  You should figure this stuff out before looking at the bikes though, otherwise you will never make up your mind. 

Dyno of the 2004 vs 2005 CBR600rr

Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geology Rocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2009 at 9:56am
i like working for it and having to rev a bike...but that doesnt mean the power to rev means its usable. I like usable power, but I like to work to use that...make sense?

<br />
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2009 at 10:10am
Well, that pretty much describes any modern motor out there.  They are all rev dependant for maximum speed at some point, even twins. I honestly think most people have the wrong definition of "mid-range".  i think they lump it into road applications, which is probably 4-6k.  Well for a an inline, thats the bottom third of the rev range, on a twin you are actually halfway there.  Mid-range on an R6 is 8 grand, and it rips your head off above that.  Its all relative.  I think some people find riding their bike in high rpm rages a little fatiguing, sounds like the motor is going to blow up to them, but hey, its made for that.  So who cares. 

Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geology Rocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2009 at 10:23am
when i rode my r6 I liked to keep it above 10,000rpms in the canyons. below that is felt tame.:)

Bruizza just found me an 06 600rr...called the guy in texas.
<br />
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2009 at 10:26am
I never drop below 10 grand either when I'm in the canyons on my RVF, but that is to be expected.  However I tend to notice that most people don't like riding near redline.  Its just a frenetic way of riding.  Fun to me, but annoys others.

The flipside is that above 10k in any gear after second on your R6 and you are in going to jail speed. 
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geology Rocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2009 at 10:29am
another reason why I sold the bike..lol. I was constantly doing 60+ in 30mph zones in the canyon...and sometimes 80-90+..lol

joe
<br />
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2009 at 10:35am
I find I do the same thing on my NC35.  This weekend I was paying attention to my lines and surroundings, and not so much the speedometer.  Finally looked down and realized I had just buzzed 16 miles of twisties and rarely dropped below 75 mph in corners and was cruising 100+ on straights.  The new earplugs work a lot better than my old ones!

Oddly enough, I wasn't on the ragged edge of anything, felt totally comfortable, wasn't even moving around on the bike much.  Just kinda in that riding zone where everything is automatic.  don't really remember being conscious of what RPM I was riding at or anything.

Then after I realized how fast I was going, I started paying attention and it totally ruined my rhythm.  

I gotta get on the track soon.  First day of the season is scheduled for the 20th, a little worried my work schedule may keep it from happening though. 
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geology Rocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2009 at 12:01pm
i hear ya...I took a friend riding through my local canyon and i was just cruising not riding fast at all. She was gone...no where in site. I stopped to make sure she was ok and she replied with..."Holy shit dude...you are flying!" I felt 100% fine and felt at about 50% of my potential.

joe
<br />
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2009 at 12:07pm

I actually have a hard time with group rides sometimes if the riders aren't similar in pace.  Slow guys mess me up, its harder for me to enter a corner way to slow.  I always end up next to the centerline for some reason.  When I'm going quicker, I naturally hang to the outside and its just one smooth arc.  When I'm going slower, I fall inside and make all kinds of little stupid adjustments.  Oh well.  I guess thats what its like riding with Bru' though huh?

Did you see how Haga got taken out by a bird in race two yesterday?  Hit him in the arm.  He lost the feeling in his arm, kept trying to race and eventually tossed the bike end over end. 

Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2009 at 12:08pm
Ever seen what Thorsten did to his 999?  Amazing, lopped 100 pounds off of it in the process

Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geology Rocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2009 at 2:43pm
here she is...this is what I am looking at and want...almost the perfect bike for me.:)

http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/1165876355.html

joe
<br />
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2009 at 2:45pm
Now go buy it instead of posting about it!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geology Rocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2009 at 2:50pm
I emailed him about being approved for $5000 so we should be good to go if he accepts it:)
<br />
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geology Rocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2009 at 2:52pm
oh and if I like the condition of it..lol
<br />
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2009 at 2:57pm
Just missed your call, I'm still working for another hour or so, call you later.  
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geology Rocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2009 at 4:17pm
yo...did you get my txt message?

joe
<br />
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2009 at 4:37pm
Yeah, I'm on the phone still.  You should do that deal before its gone.  
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2009 at 4:39pm
Then go for a ride like this

Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geology Rocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2009 at 6:50pm
heck yeah...dude thats so me...

joe
<br />
Local
Local

Quote krispysteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2009 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by Geology Rocks

canadians are weird....

I want the 600RR but I know its to high. he needs to come down to the $5300 range. NADA is listing it at $5415

joe

Joe, you already know the 05 offers the older Honda technology, and a heavier ride.  You can find an 07 for a thousand more.  I understand I'm probably stating the very obvious, but I still wanted you to know.  BTW I like the graffiti look on that 05, it's almost worth the price itself.  Either way, don't go with the GSXR.  I agree with Shaka on the squid thing, sorry buddy.

Steve.
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2009 at 7:24pm
So did you actually go look at the bike tonight or did make dinner for your GF instead?
www.chargeharder.com
Local
Local

Quote krispysteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2009 at 7:31pm
Actually, I am totally for getting a 636 myself.  They have a big feel.  I rode a friends 636 while I was home, and it felt a lot bigger than my CBR (because it is).  I don't think green is bad luck, in fact, I believe the opposite is true.

If I had a second bike, it would either be a KLR 650 or a 636 (most likely the KLR, though).

Steve.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geology Rocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2009 at 7:47pm

So did you actually go look at the bike tonight or did make dinner for your GF instead?

I made dinner...but talked to the guy on the phone. he was unable to do it tonight anyways. his next free night is either wednesday or friday. well i work till 8:30 wednesday.

I told him I am ready to go, so if the bike is truly clean and he wants to sell it for the $5000 consider it sold because i am already approved. I showed Tonia the pictures of the bike and her reply was...."ummm where I am gonna sit?Big smile" lol

joe
<br />
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2009 at 6:20am

LOL......then he admitted to it.

Geo', you could just as easily said you didn't go look at the bike because the playoff's were on or you didn't want to miss 24.
jonl89 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jonl89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2009 at 7:09am
Originally posted by krispysteve

Actually, I am totally for getting a 636 myself.  They have a big feel.  I rode a friends 636 while I was home, and it felt a lot bigger than my CBR (because it is).  I don't think green is bad luck, in fact, I believe the opposite is true.

If I had a second bike, it would either be a KLR 650 or a 636 (most likely the KLR, though).

Steve.

When I got quotes for insurance, the 636 was less than the honda 600rr, yamaha r6, and the suzuki gsxr 600 by about a grand per year
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2009 at 7:16am
They are pretty big and comfy compared to the other 600's, look at this one next to my RVF400 (which is tiny, but you get the idea)

Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geology Rocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2009 at 8:17am
yes shaka i cooked dinner. I dont give a crap that I cooked dinner for my GF last night. it made her day easier and therefore I am all about it. The guy couldnt meet up anyways so I guess I could of sat on the couch and watched TV instead of cooking right? Tongue

the 636 is a great bike. I love the kawis. i had an 03 and loved that thing. I haven always loved the 2005 -6 when they came out. I am waiting on more pictures of the bike thathe is gonna take today.

joe
<br />
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2009 at 8:23am
Damn, the new R1 is getting killed in every single group test.  So far dead last in the following:

-Roadracing World (The one whose opinion I respect the most)
-Motorcycle.com
-Motorcycle-usa.com
-Bike
-Master Superbike (Aprilia RSV4 ran away with this oneBig smile)

I still think its dead sexy though.  Especially in yellow. 
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2009 at 8:25am
I think they need a year to work out the kinks.  It will probably win all the shoot outs next year.
www.chargeharder.com
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2009 at 8:36am
The shops are having a bitch of a time trying to bypass the ECU restrictions.  Yamaha burried it deep in the ECU and tied it into several other functions of the bike.  When Honda restricted the 1000rr, they simply pulled the timing back above a certain rev point, not so with Yamaha.  So far the only fix is to fit the kit ECU, but then your fan and turn signals won't work. 

Oh well, all faster than I can ride anyway.  Just wasn't expecting it to lose all the shootouts.  Fortunately Spies is kicking ass on it though!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geology Rocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2009 at 8:41am
yeah...I guess my question for the new R1 is the life expectancy of the motor with the new design.

road racing world is one of the only mags there that actually has a good opinion and backs it up.
<br />
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2009 at 8:49am
Supposedly the motor is really heavy due to the balancing shaft and crank they had to over engineer, like close to 200 pounds according to a guy who pulled it from the chassis and weighed it.  
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geology Rocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2009 at 8:59am
thats crazy...whats the weight of the bike?

joe
<br />
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2009 at 9:22am
mid 470's with fuel.

Same guy pulled the motor from his CBR1000rr and said it weighed less than 150, most other liter bikes are in the 140-170 range just for motor weight. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 48>