0 Staff | 10 Members
Live Chat
trusnow
Powered by 400,760 Members
Shopping Forum Out of Stock
username or email password
 Forum Home > SNOWBOARDS > The Board Room

Quick Login: Forgot password?

Two wheels discussion thread! (Motorcycles only!)

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 23456 48>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Geology Rocks View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Geology Rocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Two wheels discussion thread! (Motorcycles only!)
    Posted: May/12/2009 at 10:36am
yeah but 200 pounds is crazy...

joe
<br />
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2009 at 10:42am
Heavy crank etc.  Its definitely up there though. 

Sounds bitchin' though!
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2009 at 11:42am
Haha, new BMW in action

BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2009 at 12:35pm
I'd like to ride a BMW bike just to see what they are bringing to the table.  I mean they produce some sick engines in their cars.
www.chargeharder.com
dirtysouth View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
cuban in costa rica

Quote dirtysouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2009 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by jonl89

Originally posted by krispysteve

Actually, I am totally for getting a 636 myself.  They have a big feel.  I rode a friends 636 while I was home, and it felt a lot bigger than my CBR (because it is).  I don't think green is bad luck, in fact, I believe the opposite is true.

If I had a second bike, it would either be a KLR 650 or a 636 (most likely the KLR, though).

Steve.

When I got quotes for insurance, the 636 was less than the honda 600rr, yamaha r6, and the suzuki gsxr 600 by about a grand per year

I pay just over $200 a year for insurance on my 600rr
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2009 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by BRUIZZA

I'd like to ride a BMW bike just to see what they are bringing to the table.  I mean they produce some sick engines in their cars.

It has full ABS, traction control, variable valve technology (used on MV Agusta's) 4 different map modes etc.

The ABS is said to as effective or moreso than the Honda system, but only weighs a few pounds instead of 22 pounds like on the Honda.  Insiders say it blows the other liters out of the water power wise, at least 10 hp up on everything else.

Bodywork is asymmetrical, notice the headlights are different and if you see the bike itself, the left side has a regular vent on the fairing, the right side has "gills".  Kind of an interesting way to do it.

Swingarm looks huge.  Supposedly priced within a grand of the Japanese bikes as well.  Should be a rocket.  Who knows how it handles though. 
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geology Rocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2009 at 12:53pm
yeah the new bmw looks good...i would like to take one out.

joe
<br />
Instructor
Instructor
cuban in costa rica

Quote dirtysouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2009 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by shakazulu12

Haha, new BMW in action

that bike is a panty dropper if I ever seen one.
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2009 at 1:37pm
Still think the MV is the sexiest bike ever.  The new BMW actually pretty much looks like an R6 and a Zx6r got thrown into a blender.  Not very original.  I was expecting more from a styling standpoint.

But hey, if its fast and handles well, who cares?
Instructor
Instructor
cuban in costa rica

Quote dirtysouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2009 at 1:54pm
I'm dieing to go riding.  need my fix soon
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geology Rocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2009 at 3:30pm
dirty....shut your pie hole! lol

joe
<br />
Instructor
Instructor
cuban in costa rica

Quote dirtysouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2009 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by Geology Rocks

dirty....shut your pie hole! lol

joe

ah poor JoeOuch.  Hurry up and get your gf to go pick up your bike and drive it to Utah and we will go for a ride.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geology Rocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2009 at 6:02pm
dirty when I get to Utah I am gonna have my gf punch you in the teeth.

joe
<br />
Instructor
Instructor
cuban in costa rica

Quote dirtysouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2009 at 5:27am

dirty when I get to Utah I am gonna have my gf punch you in the teeth.

joe

teeth what are those.  I'm from the south.  I don't have any teeth.  I do have a tooth though.LOL
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geology Rocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2009 at 6:14am
hahahah nice.

"boy...when we get home I am gonna punch your momma right in the mouth." - Buffert T Justice.

:(

joe
<br />
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2009 at 6:17am
I took Joe to the South 2 weeks ago and he loved it.
www.chargeharder.com
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2009 at 6:23am

I took Joe to the South 2 weeks ago and he loved it.

All the sheep he could handle? 

I think I'm going to get this for the plate on my motorcycle 

"PEDOBR"
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2009 at 6:35am
You should definitely get that on your plate!!
www.chargeharder.com
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2009 at 6:42am
I asked for "NIGAPLZ" and they wouldn't let me have it.  I could do "Shaka" which would be kinda cool, not sure if anyone has that yet or not.
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2009 at 6:52am
I wonder if I could get CZNHMPR 
www.chargeharder.com
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2009 at 6:56am
AHAHAHA, you should try!  They ask you what they are supposed to mean now, they are trying to cut back on the politically incorrect ones, at least here anyway. 

Boner alert!  RSV-4 with Akropovic below

BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2009 at 6:58am
Damn that is a sexy bike!
www.chargeharder.com
jonl89 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jonl89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2009 at 7:38am
Originally posted by dirtysouth

Actually, I am totally for getting a 636 myself.  They have a big feel.  I rode a friends 636 while I was home, and it felt a lot bigger than my CBR (because it is).  I don't think green is bad luck, in fact, I believe the opposite is true.

If I had a second bike, it would either be a KLR 650 or a 636 (most likely the KLR, though).

Steve.

When I got quotes for insurance, the 636 was less than the honda 600rr, yamaha r6, and the suzuki gsxr 600 by about a grand per year

That's because you aren't 19. What I was pointing out was that the Kawi insurance was lower than the Honda, Yamaha, and Suzuki(which were all the same price). Oh and thanks for rubbing it in. My insurance per year costs almost as much as the bike does. That is the only reason I don't have a bike. 

What if I just put the bike insurance in my dads name? He would ride it every now and then. 
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2009 at 7:52am
Are you financing it?  Just get liability and un-insured if you aren't getting financing.  
Instructor
Instructor
cuban in costa rica

Quote dirtysouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2009 at 8:57am

Steve.

That's because you aren't 19. What I was pointing out was that the Kawi insurance was lower than the Honda, Yamaha, and Suzuki(which were all the same price). Oh and thanks for rubbing it in. My insurance per year costs almost as much as the bike does. That is the only reason I don't have a bike. 

What if I just put the bike insurance in my dads name? He would ride it every now and then. 

sucks for youLOLWink
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2009 at 9:00am
If you put it in his name, and you wreck on it.  Pretty sure there won't be any coverage.  Likewise if you get pulled over while riding it, you will still end up getting a no insurance ticket.

So, it sounds like you would be paying less money for insurance that you couldn't use anyway. 
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2009 at 10:36am
New information about the Aprilia RSV4

While most of us have "been there, read that," there was some interesting technical points in the article including the fact there will be a race kit electronics package available to anyone which will include the ability to control all things electronic via a laptop INCLUDING traction control, engine braking, throttle, etc. Apparently the idea is to make it accessible to any club racer (you and me if you can afford it) and similar to what is used by WSBK satellite teams (will be used?). "The kit ECU will be an Aprilia OEM component that will plug directly into the stock wiring harness." Apparently it may also come with a gyroscope, enabling tuning based on lean angle!

This is going to be a fun bike to screw up Smilie

So I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing for guys like me...............I can't even download MP3's
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geology Rocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2009 at 4:38pm
I can see it now...shaka at his local aprilia dealer...

"Hey...yeah umm..I pluged my Ipod into it and tried to tune my engine so it ran like the song gangstas paradise andnow my bike wont start. Can you help me?"

thanks
<br />
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2009 at 5:20pm
Hahaha.  "So I tried to hook that gyroscope thingy up to the fuzzy dice on the handlebars, and now my bike turns off whenever I turn left"

"Can I hook this up to my xbox instead?"

"Where do I plug the microwave in"?

But seriously, if there is enough support through racing forums etc, and people start sharing settings like they do with the Tunebox on Triumphs, that could open up a whole world of potential.

Power hit at 10k too much for you?  Dial it back.  Nervous on a new track?  Increase the traction control response.  Want more engine breaking/less slipper clutch, pow adjust that too.

On top of that the chassis is full adjustable and you can even move the engine!  Seriously, thats WSBK type stuff in your garage. 
Instructor
Instructor
cuban in costa rica

Quote dirtysouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2009 at 6:09am
Does anyone have any experience with Alpinestars boots?  I just ordered the S-MX 2 boots.  I know they will not provide as much protection as a full boot, but I wanted something I could wear to work and be comfortable in all day. If they turn out to be crap I will send them back.
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2009 at 7:09am
Never worn them, I have seen them in the store, but never bothered to try them on.  I actually wear my Vertigo Corsa's all day like a shoe.  They tuck under the pants and most people don't notice.  But I also have really narrow feet, so it works.

I have always thought about getting a boot like that, but full boots never really bother me enough.  Plus I don't have to follow a dress code or anything.  Let me know how they feel though when you get some rides on them. 
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2009 at 7:28am
Sorry dirty I have only worn sidi and teknic boots.  I also only have full boots.  Like shaka I have thought about picking up a pair of that style boot.
www.chargeharder.com
jonl89 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jonl89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2009 at 7:50am

Are you financing it?  Just get liability and un-insured if you aren't getting financing.  

Ya I would have to finance it...college is expensive 
jonl89 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jonl89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2009 at 7:55am

If you put it in his name, and you wreck on it.  Pretty sure there won't be any coverage.  Likewise if you get pulled over while riding it, you will still end up getting a no insurance ticket.

So, it sounds like you would be paying less money for insurance that you couldn't use anyway. 

I thought if a rider was going to ride 12 times a year or less that they don't have to be added to the insurance?
Wouldn't there still be coverage? 
Confused
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2009 at 8:05am
Double check with your insurance agent on that. 

Either that, or buy a cheap beater bike on craigslist outright.
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2009 at 3:09pm
Joe, did you buy the damn thing yet?

Just read that the BMW has a feature on the ABS that allows you to only have ABS on the front brake, with no ABS on the rear so that riders who like to back it into corners will not be affected.

Kind of a smart idea.  superstock next year is going to be interesting. 
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2009 at 5:02pm
Of course he hasn't bought it yet.  He isn't even going to look at it until tomorrow.  If it is anything like the rims he was going to buy he won't have a bike until 2015.
www.chargeharder.com
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geology Rocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2009 at 5:39pm
I have everything ready to go. he sent me pictures and it looks clean as hell. Tomorrow is the final test day. if its truly clean its mile...:)

joe
<br />
krispysteve View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote krispysteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2009 at 6:18pm

Steve.

Is that including comprehensive and collision coverage?  What's your deductible?  I paid about 1500 for this year, with 500/1000 deductibles.

Why would you ever just get liability on a bike, even if you're not financing?  I paid for my bike outright, which is an especially good reason to cover the bike, that way I won't lose out on almost 7k.

Steve.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geology Rocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2009 at 6:27pm
my insurance is 250/500/250 $500DED and for the 636 I was quoted today at $18 a month for full coverage.

joe
<br />
krispysteve View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote krispysteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2009 at 1:39am

my insurance is 250/500/250 $500DED and for the 636 I was quoted today at $18 a month for full coverage.

joe

That's fantastic bro.  Do ou have a quote for the Suzuki or Honda?

Steve.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geology Rocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2009 at 2:13am
for the kawi 636. I am looking at one today..

9128 miles mint $5000.:) I am gonna buy it if its super clean like he says and like it looks in the pictures.

joe
<br />
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2009 at 5:04am
Krispy you need to call state farm and get a quote from them on insuring your bike.  I have full coverage with a $500 deductible and my insurance is $172.71 a year on the R6.
www.chargeharder.com
Instructor
Instructor
cuban in costa rica

Quote dirtysouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2009 at 5:44am

Krispy you need to call state farm and get a quote from them on insuring your bike.  I have full coverage with a $500 deductible and my insurance is $172.71 a year on the R6.

That is what I have.
Instructor
Instructor
cuban in costa rica

Quote dirtysouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2009 at 12:02pm
good day riding today.  Left a couple slow cars in my dust.
dbowles View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote dbowles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2009 at 12:20pm

Does anyone have any experience with Alpinestars boots?  I just ordered the S-MX 2 boots.  I know they will not provide as much protection as a full boot, but I wanted something I could wear to work and be comfortable in all day. If they turn out to be crap I will send them back.

I have only used their motocross boots, but they have lasted me forever. I only had to buy a new pair when my feet got bigger.

My blog.
Go there it's what the cool people are doing
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2009 at 12:30pm
Great day of riding so far today.  Been doing all my errands on the bike and taking the long way everywhere.  Tomorrow is supposed to get into the 80's.  I can't wait for this weekend.  
Instructor
Instructor
cuban in costa rica

Quote dirtysouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2009 at 1:18pm
I hear that.  I've been making excuses just so I can run more errands.
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2009 at 1:24pm
Spies is 3rd in times leading up to the Superpole tomorrow.  Laconi had a horrific crash, sounds like his back was broken.  He is currently in a medically induced coma

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2009/May/090515d.htm

Both races should be on Speed TV this sunday. 

Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geology Rocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2009 at 3:22pm
its mine....I told him i would buy it. the bill of sale is signed...we close friday at my bank.:)

Joe
<br />
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 48>