Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 121122123124125 145>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The get in better shape thread 06/01to 12/31/14
    Posted: Aug/11/2012 at 9:58am
Ugh, it's that time of the month so I want to work out but feeling kind of nasty to.  Cry
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
snowboardinrox357 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowboardinrox357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/11/2012 at 10:07am
I've been working out at the gym to get back in shape for snowboarding season.
Luke4 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Luke4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/13/2012 at 7:10am
I havent been here for a while.

Update  

atm im around 140-145 pounds at 4-5% body fat. Not a monster at all, but ive gotten pretty shredded i think, and my pecks bounce when going down the stairs which is a good sign. I think im about an A cup. Tongue
I Dont weigh much but im not a big dude. Im 5,8"  

Im Bench Pressing my body weight 20-25 times depending on the day with good form now apposed to 10-12 reps, 6 months ago.

I really saw the best results with every single body part, when i dropped weight and squeezed every single rep and used the mind-muscle connection thing. Pretty much adjusting the way u lift the weight to make it the hardest throughout the entire rep.  Once i realized it wasnt about doing the reps, but about making every rep as difficult as possible and feeling every rep in the  area desired from the first to 10th....my results exploded.

Just wanted to share what really worked for me. Dont give ur muscle a break at any point throughout the first to 10th rep. pain up, pain down, and squeezing the muscle.

This guy explains it pretty well and has really good tips on form.
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1KNEigwI1U

Been working out every day hard for the last 4 months since i injured my shoulder and ive gained back 15 pounds i lost....  im feeling really good. Its nice to see progress again.  and GL to everyone
Luke4 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Luke4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/13/2012 at 7:30am
Originally posted by chillman

I really need to start lifting. I'm almost 16. I'm 5'11" and weigh 115. I bench (rep) only 70 poundsDead

Hey bro, dont be too eager to get to the gym. To be honest ur body type is ur body type and it is best to really just let it be. Be happy with what u got.

Working out at ur age at weight really isnt going to make a huge difference because ur a hardgainer. I was too and it took 3 years of work to see the progress i wanted, but i was too eager to put on weight i worked out too hard and too inexperienced and i now have shoulder issues along side 30% of all bodybuilders or gym rats. 

Its harder than ule expect, and ule have to be patient. U wont be 150 pounds in a year  and pushing 205.

That said if u really want to start now, get someone to train you, because the chance u injure something at ur age and weight is probably 90%. And not a buddy, or an idiot teacher. Someone who knows how to work perfect form. most people pretend to know more than they do. My last tip is lift light and lift with perfect form, dont let the ego get in the way. There is always going to be people lifting more and it wont help u gain weight any faster by lifting more, u will lack results and most likely have shoulder issues.

Im telling everything from experience, ive done the same shit and shtooked up in each way ive said. I was like every other skinny teen who wanted to get bigger. There is nothing wrong with repping 70 pounds, its about how ur body feels.

Message me if u have ne questions about anything, i know my fair share of stuff
JoeRocket1212 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote JoeRocket1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/14/2012 at 12:06pm
i just ran three miles yesterday, and have been eating healthy again...  feeling great, but i'm meeting up with an old buddy today for dinner...  why do i feel like drinks and smoking is going to follow...  oh will power, learn to say NO!
humblerooster View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/14/2012 at 4:09pm
I hate injuries, When I get into a good rhythm of working out, Ill go and pull a muscle and that would set me back a week or two.
Currently I am dealing with a lower back ache from doing slip and slide all day   
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2012 at 7:43pm
Took 2 days off since my body felt exhausted.  Tomorrow I'll be doing some circuit training and on Saturday will be my first day of crossfit...must get into shape for cousin's wedding in a month Tongue
My blog about snowboarding, vids too! - http://yukitabanana.wordpress.com/

Updated weekly!
iamjason10 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote iamjason10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2012 at 8:29pm
bout to start workin out again once school starts, got a lifting partner to hit the rec with me. Hoping my weights havent gone down too much :/
qwe740 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote qwe740 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/18/2012 at 6:19am
the idea of crossfit was smart, but in reality it is very dangerous. If you look at the peoples clean form in the crossfit games u will see how dangerous it is. Their form is terrible and one day one of them is gonna break their back
Ejekted View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Ejekted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/18/2012 at 6:26am
I switched to eating clean/paleo and started doing p90x again, I'm 5 weeks in and 9lbs down! I was working out constantly but nothing was changing until I changed the way I eat. You can't expect your body to perform like a champion if you feed it like a garbage disposal!
'07 Burton Feelgood with '07 Salomon Relay Elite Bindings, '08 B by Burton Alpha with '09 Salomon Relay Elites, '09 Arbor Push
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/18/2012 at 7:59am
Intro to crossfit today...did some burpees...omg my arms are dead.  Tomorrow will be a nice relaxing yoga day to stretch everything out.  I'm so looking forward to that.

I think I eat pretty cleanly...I don't eat a lot of processed foods that I can think of off the top of my head except white rice.

Updated weekly!
scuddera View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
hitting my first 5

Quote scuddera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/18/2012 at 8:17am
3 weeks in the field doing army training and barely getting to work out. came home and did 46 miles on the bike and it felt great
red_baron View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote red_baron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2012 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by hana24

Intro to crossfit today...did some burpees...omg my arms are dead.  Tomorrow will be a nice relaxing yoga day to stretch everything out.  I'm so looking forward to that.

I think I eat pretty cleanly...I don't eat a lot of processed foods that I can think of off the top of my head except white rice.
did you go hang out with everyone today?

Burpees are what's up!!! THose kill
belleayre View Drop Down
Local
Local
My son 2010

Quote belleayre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2012 at 2:56pm

Took a half day off work Friday and got some kiteboarding in. We've had a couple windy days in the middle of the August doldrums. 
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/20/2012 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by red_baron

yes we hung out at Taco Rosa sunday...we wished you could've made it, but you work on weekends?

burpees are killer

did crossfit again today...didn't realize how I've been slacking on squats and lunges recently...I think I will be super sore tomorrow

Updated weekly!
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2012 at 12:14am
Getting some run back into my legs. Doing 5 miles 3 times a week and feeling healthy again. Will be time to start insanity soon :/
Instructor
Instructor

Quote iamjason10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2012 at 5:20am
going to hit the gym with my bud in about an hour, hopefully keep this routine going
LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2012 at 5:33am
trying to work out outside as much as possible while the days are a decent length (I hate jogging in the dark).  What has been fun is going to the kids jungle gym at the park and doing pull ups, dips, jumps, etc.  Good muscle work outs.  Feel kind of wierd hanging out at a playground at 6am though.
LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2012 at 5:35am
Originally posted by red_baron

Burpees are what's up though.  for real
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2012 at 5:54am
Burpees are killers, great exercise.

Although not everyone loves burpees:

scuddera View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
hitting my first 5

Quote scuddera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2012 at 6:46am
^^^^

I would tac on running hills to that

On a side note. Signed up for another tri. There is barely anyone in the race so I might as well try and put myself in the winners circle
RastaRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RastaRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2012 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by mj2delmenico

Getting some run back into my legs. Doing 5 miles 3 times a week and feeling healthy again. Will be time to start insanity soon :/

I've been doing the same. Been taking the dog out for a run everyday now that its starting to cool down a bit, though today was up close to 90 again..

I wanna start that insanity workout too, you'll have to let us know what you think of it, pretty much everything I've read online has been positive.
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2012 at 6:49pm
I ran a bit yesterday and realized I am in no shape to run for the 5k in october...my ankle kind of hurts today

Updated weekly!
Lux View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Two-hand tail block

Quote Lux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2012 at 6:12pm
I've been a dreadful combination of too lazy and too busy to play football at all this year... I used to play it all the time before, but just can't seem to squeeze in even a brief keep-ups/freestyle session. My shot accuracy is piss poor now too haha. Maybe I should find some public indoor footy during the winter and stay in shape.
happybik3 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote happybik3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2012 at 6:36pm
burpees have increased my overall endurance & energy levels: started doing 4 in 20 seconds about a month ago, and now am up to 7 per 20 sec
Instructor
Instructor

Quote iamjason10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2012 at 7:19pm

I ran a bit yesterday and realized I am in no shape to run for the 5k in october...my ankle kind of hurts today

I ran a 5k about a month ago with no real training except playing soccer once a week with some buds and i did quite well. ran it in 23:40, great feeling when i was done. hopefully your ankle heals up
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2012 at 8:38pm
Today I learned I had no grip strength...could not hold the kettlebell in my hand and had to switch out to a dumbbell to be able to do the exercise.

Updated weekly!
RastaRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RastaRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/26/2012 at 9:33am
Anyone use any apps for tracking their runs? I've been using the app runkeeper which tracks the route, time, distance, calories and calculates the average min/mi. It also breaks down the average min/mi for each minute. Pretty cool for a free app.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/26/2012 at 10:09am
Originally posted by RastaRider

Anyone use any apps for tracking their runs? I've been using the app runkeeper which tracks the route, time, distance, calories and calculates the average min/mi. It also breaks down the average min/mi for each minute. Pretty cool for a free app.

I'm gonna try it out when I get my pebble watch.  
red_baron View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote red_baron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/26/2012 at 12:00pm
I used to use run keeper but started using Nike+ again. I think I like nikes app a little bit better.

Just got back from a run. Just getting back into it to burn off these extra pounds. My sister has been pushing me real hard.
ChiTownRon View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/26/2012 at 12:16pm
A friend of mine is going to sell me his unused Bowflex for 100$. I think it's one of the older models from 5 years ago, but for 100$ you really can't beat that.

Anyone here own a Bowflex or use one?
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2012 at 12:28pm
Did crossfit again today, can't wait till I do it again tomorrow.  I feel myself getting stronger or at least I see some more definition in my midsection or I'm delusional LOL

Updated weekly!
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2012 at 3:00am
i couldn't work out because my ear itches.
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2012 at 8:37am
Originally posted by ctoma

i couldn't work out because my ear itches.

LOL  one of your 5 and out responses? LOL You should really get that ear checked out

My abs are sore...possibly from the box jumps I did on Monday?Confused

Updated weekly!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote iamjason10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2012 at 5:21am
I have always done chest and triceps the same day and back and biceps a diff day but my friend recently tried to convince me to do chest and bis then back and tris another day. Anyone know whats better?
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2012 at 12:08pm
Went to crossfit today...4 days in a row and now rest day tomorrow.  So looking forward to that LOL

Updated weekly!
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2012 at 2:11am
I do
chest/triceps
back/biceps
shoulders/legs
rest
chest/triceps
shoulder/bi/tri
rest

This works for me as it gives my muscles breaks between usage

jdix View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jdix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/05/2012 at 12:13pm
Thanks for the ideas guys...
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2012 at 9:29am
Did some rowing today...man my forearms hurt from trying to grip the rower more than any other part of my body.  Can't wait to go to crossfit again on Monday...I wish it wasn't so expensive Dead

Updated weekly!
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2012 at 11:27am
Try putting a piece of foam, or towel, around the rowing handle and it makes for a different workout
snowboardinrox357 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowboardinrox357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2012 at 12:38pm
I've been running a couple miles to stay fit and get ready to go snowboarding once it starts snowing again.
Br34dy View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Br34dy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2012 at 1:28pm
Ok i have been slightly over weight for 2-3 years and I found a diet that works for me. Its very very simple and if it works for you please let me know. WARNING!!!! boring and repetitive food.

6am Breakfast: Oats with water or low fat milk.

9am Snack:Protein Shake or Tuna or No/ultra Low carb snack

11am Lunch/Snack: Brown Rice with chicken or tuna. Baby spinach leaves vegetables and an egg. Only flavour with low carb sauce i.e chilli, soy, seeded mustard (best eaten cold for some reason tastes a lot better)

1pm Snack:Piece of fruit or tuna etc

3pm I usually try and catch up on water or skip this snack by this time I'm not hungry

Dinner NO CARBS whole chicken breast/Steak/Turkey fillet( Nice low fat meat) only seasoned with very minimal oil in pan. Salad with balsamic, i found an organic balsamic with nearly no carbs. An egg. And gold coke for dinner (zero sugar, zero carbs and no caffeine).

My body when through a massive detox and broke out in pimples and had headaches you name it, this diet nearly broke me. But in 2 weeks i had people telling me how good i looked.

I also jogged tuesdays and thursdays and did two home work out plans that i found I books for.

7 Weeks to 300 Sit-Ups Strengthen and Sculpt Your Abs, Back, Core and Obliques

7 Weeks to 100 Push-Ups Strengthen and Sculpt Your Arms, Abs, Chest, Back and Glutes

They work well and now even my girlfriend can rock out 20 push ups (man style) if you want and other help/pictures PM or reply here and ill supply pictures or recipes. just let me know
Boardingon22s View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Boardingon22s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2012 at 3:46pm
i would imagine working out legs would be important.
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2012 at 6:32pm
The 7 weeks to 300 sit-ups, can that be found online anywhere or what book is it in?
Br34dy View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Br34dy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2012 at 7:22pm
i found it online in a torrent its pretty small if you would like me to email it to you please pm me your email.
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2012 at 4:00pm
Post it up here Br34dy so everyone can take a look
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Squaw Valley USA 02/05/2012

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2012 at 8:42am
Softball is what I've been doing to get/stay in shape.  Lost a heartbreaker softball game last night, 20-18. I was about to come up to bat with 2 runners on base, but then the runner on 3rd made an idiot move and tried to run home at the end of the play. Of course, he was out by a mile and that was the end of the game. Took the bat right outta my hands. I was thinking big fly HR to win it in a walk-off too. I'm just sad I didn't get to pimp it.               
Vk14 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Vk14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2012 at 9:08am
I'm starting to do boxing workouts (shadow boxing, heavy bag, sparring), and adding it to what I already do, chest/back on Mondays/Thursdays, bi/tri on Tuesdays/Fridays, shoulders/legs on Wednesday/Saturday.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2012 at 10:49am
I wished I could jump rope like a boxer but apparently I'm not coordinated enough to do that run in place jump rope thingy.  After I lift one foot up, I just go durr and fail.  LOL
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2012 at 7:41am
I was doing muay thai and noticed a gain of strength in my legs from all the kicking and upper body improvements from holding the pads. Also, my volleyball team just started it's season last night aswell. Should get some good leg workouts before boarding starts.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121122123124125 145>