Share/Save/Bookmark Page  123 142>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Online Status: Offline
  Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The get in better shape thread 06/01to 12/31/12
    Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 9:25am
Alright folks it is time to get in better shape.  We are going to use this thread to state your goals, workout routines, supplements, diet etc....  We will track our results and post them up every few weeks or whenever you like.  I am going to sticky this so it doesn't go into hiding and everyone forgets their goals. 

I just had a fitment assessment yesterday and I am currently at 20% body fat.  My goal over the next 6 months (hopefully sooner) is to get down to 10% body fat.  Currently I am lifting 4-5 days a week and doing cardio 1-3 days a week.  My cardio has consisted of a running program called couch to 5k and I take a spin class every Friday.  Don't knock spin class if you have never tried it.  You burn ~1000 calories in an hour.  I have PT session either today or tomorrow to get a new program to help me achieve my goal of 10% body fat. 

So feel free to post up your goals and what not.  I will make a new one of these threads every 6 months.  Feel free to post pictures of your progress or whatever.
www.chargeharder.com
Mike.M View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
OUTSIDE MY DECK

Quote Mike.M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 9:29am
You are ambitious Bruz.

My goal is to be able to swim laps for 1 hour. Currently i do 3 laps and feel like i am going to throw up.
denver303 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote denver303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 9:29am

who gave you the fitness assessment?  Personal trainer, nutritionist, doctor? 

craigalicious View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote craigalicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 9:33am
i hope to lose 15 lbs by next year.  i'm currently at 165 and my old in-shape weight was 150 in high school.  i lift 2-3 times a week and do cardio just as much.  i also am as active as possible this summer and walk everywhere when it's reasonable.  if you really wanna get in good shape play 3 hours of full court basketball every other day.

Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 9:35am
I'll be taking pics tonight and sharing my goals etc as well.  My body needs this!
mattaleao View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
In the quiet words of the Virgin Mary... come again?

Quote mattaleao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 9:36am
Bru, what do you use to time yourself during the couch to 5K.  I've been interested in that program for awhile, but i dont want to constantly be looking at my watch every minute to make sure im doing the times right.

BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 9:40am
Originally posted by denver303

Personal trainer at the gym. 

Matt I just do the couch to 5k on the treadmill. 
www.chargeharder.com
pepitojones View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote pepitojones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 9:42am
Pretty much immediately after moving to CO, I started working out with Bru at the gym.  I was also lifting 4 days and doing cardio 3 days (the couch to 5k program).  I've been in terrible shape for far too long, so I decided that with the change of venue and job, now was as good a time as any to fix the situation.

I did a fitness assessment last week and found out I'm around 34% body fat. Shocked  I signed up to do 2 30 minute sessions a week with a PT for 12 weeks.  The primary goal of the next 3 months is to get that fat % down to at least 20% if not lower.  After the 12 weeks, I may continue the PT sessions but bump them to an hour 2x a week.

My first session was this past Monday.  We chatted about what my goals were and did a fitness test to get a baseline for comparison down the road.  The second session was Tuesday, and I'm still a bit sore.  The PT I'm working with absolutely kicked my ass in less than 30 mins.

Going forward, I'll be doing lunch time PT sessions on Mon/Wed and Tue/Thu/Fri will be a combo of lighter-weight/higher-rep resistance work (eventually getting to 6 days a week of lifting) and cardio.  I'll probably continue the couch to 5k program, but I'll be adding in the Friday spin class starting tomorrow.

I don't know that I'll be posting any progress pictures right away, I'll definitely be taking some along the way.  Maybe I'll do some before/in-progress/after stuff starting at the 30 day mark.
anton View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 10:13am
Unlike you guys, i'm probably 0% fat. I can't gain weight no matter how I try. However, I've been doing the Home Gym thing on youtube, just because I have time off school now. At least I hope I can gain some muscles.
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 10:16am
Its your diet.  Trust me on this one.  I was a string bean for a long time and put on 50 pounds of muscle over six months.  I previously thought that I ate a tone of food, then I started working out with a friend who was a body builder.  I soon found out what his definition of eating enough was, and it was drastically different than mine, like 6,000 calorie a day type stuff.

In the end, I packed on a ton of weight because of it.  I use to be 5'11" and 135, and got to 185.

I have dropped from that level quite a bit the past three years as I don't lift, or eat enough at all, I might have even dropped below 160 for the first time in forever.  I gotta go weigh myself today. 
heischjr View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote heischjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 10:18am
Originally posted by anton

Unlike you guys, i'm probably 0% fat. I can't gain weight no matter how I try. However, I've been doing the Home Gym thing on youtube, just because I have time off school now. At least I hope I can gain some muscles.

I have always been the same way.  If you want to gain muscle you have to increase your calorie intake and try to eat about 1g of protein per lb. of body weight per day.  For example, if you weigh 150 lbs., you should try to eat atleast 150 grams of protein per day.
mattaleao View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
In the quiet words of the Virgin Mary... come again?

Quote mattaleao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 10:19am
Originally posted by BRUIZZA

Right, so you just manually up/down the speed every 90 seconds or whatever?
giftedhands View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Quote giftedhands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 10:20am
wahoo!! i love the gym.. ive been spending a lot of time working on my legs, calves, and glutes for this next season.. im hoping to ollie over a pack of 8 year olds on my way down the hill.

Spin class is legit bru.. much props to you on that man..

my goal for this summer is to bench 350.. im hoping 5-6 more weeks i'll be there.
myach View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote myach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 10:25am
so what you gotta eat shaka? I don't gain weight either
anton View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 10:25am
Originally posted by shakazulu12

Its your diet.  Trust me on this one.  I was a string bean for a long time and put on 50 pounds of muscle over six months.  I previously thought that I ate a tone of food, then I started working out with a friend who was a body builder.  I soon found out what his definition of eating enough was, and it was drastically different than mine, like 6,000 calorie a day type stuff.

In the end, I packed on a ton of weight because of it.  I use to be 5'11" and 135, and got to 185.

I have dropped from that level quite a bit the past three years as I don't lift, or eat enough at all, I might have even dropped below 160 for the first time in forever.  I gotta go weigh myself today. 

Hmm. Do you have any examples of foods you ate? I'm guessing it was a bunch of meats and protein?
ddomski View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ddomski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 10:25am
damn, this just reminded me to get off my lazy ass.  winter will be back before I know it.
Gnu B Pro 152 BTX w/ Union Milan bindings
heischjr View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote heischjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 10:28am
Muscle building foods:

Beef, chicken, pork, tuna, salmon, turkey, dairy products, nuts, whey protein shakes are a must.

Read my earlier post on how much protein you should get each day in your diet.

If anyone would like a complete example of a muscle building diet let me know.  I am currenly training for an amateur bodybuilding contest and I can show you what I eat.
VermontRider View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote VermontRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 10:30am

Ahhh, I used to be like that. Then I graduated college, moved to Vermont and gained 70 pounds. I really let myself go in my 20's and started having back problems. I just lost a little more than half of that weight since last year. I've made it my goal to make it so I can ride all day on a powder day, paddle all day when the surf is good and be able to hike a great distance in challenging conditions. I also eat a lot healthier. I don't buy snack foods when I shop and eat a lot of fresh vegetables and non-processed foods.
I hate the gym. I never go there. My excercise consists of snowboarding, hiking, wakesurfing/wakeboarding, surfing and paddling.
Since I've started doing all of this on a more regular basis (I never really stopped doing any of these things, just did a lot less.) I've lost weight. It was kind of funny, when I first started my routine, I gained weight for the first couple of weeks, but my pants weren't fitting as well.
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 10:33am
Originally posted by mattaleao

Originally posted by BRUIZZA

Right, so you just manually up/down the speed every 90 seconds or whatever?
Yeah man I just set it to the manual program setting and I adjust the speed when needed. 
www.chargeharder.com
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 10:34am

Hmm. Do you have any examples of foods you ate? I'm guessing it was a bunch of meats and protein?

Haha?  You really want to know what my diet was like at the time?

I generall ate two or three steaks a day, two foot long subs, a ton of chicken breasts, eggs, really lean hamburgers etc and weight gainer shakes that were about 1200 calories a serving.  Damn near a gallon of milk a day.

tons of carbs, protein and calories, as little fat as possible outside of some flax seed oil and the whole milk.

Pretty much ate nearly a full meal every two hours.  I was also lifting six days a week and still playing basketball for several hours at a time.  What is really funny is that after about a week of that, your body gets used to it, and you are starving all the time.  Oh, and I drank 128 ounces of water a day.
anton View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 10:36am
Oh my god. That's like $50 in food every day! I might try that though. Thanks.
Duneluder View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Duneluder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 10:39am
Well, I really want to get in better shape and loose about 15 to 20 pounds....my problem is motivation...I can't seem to keep it up. I was thinking about getting an anytime fitness membership, there is one right down the street so I wouldn't even drive to it, and I could go at any time, like say, middle of the night when I'm restless....

I want to get my legs, abs and arms in better shape, so I'll probably start with lunges, bridges, pushups, sitting against the wall, that sort of thing, and jogging this one road that loops around where I live, just gotta get up and go do it! I hate the idea of someone seeing me out there running alongside the road....I'm too damn self conscience...anywho...I'd really like to get to my ideal body type by the start of the season, or half way through, I think I could do a lot more things if my legs and abs were stronger, like get higher ollies and such...

Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 10:41am
Its actually not that expensive at all really, I think i figured it out at around 20 bucks.  Buy the steaks at costco really cheap.  Make sure they are lean.  Chicken, buy in bulk from the meat market etc.  Really no worse than eating three meals a day assuming you eat out for at least one of them. 

Don't do this if you aren't working out though, keep in mind, I was hitting the gym like a maniac at the time (probably too much, but I was trying to keep up with the bodybuilder dude who made me puke every workout).  If you eat that much and are lazy, you will pack on fat like you wouldn't believe. 

Adjust according to your activity schedule though.  I think normal people are supposed to eat 2,000 calories a day, if you are bulking up, you want to get in 3,000 to 3,500.  Take a pen and paper with you and actually write down what you eat for a week.  You will find that most people are around 1600-1800 calories a day. 
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote pepitojones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 10:41am
Originally posted by Duneluder

my problem is motivation...

That's the exact reason it's best to work out with a buddy or a PT.  It's way too easy to give up before you've even pushed yourself when you're alone.  You do some reps and think, "hm, yeah, that's enough."

If you can't afford a PT, find a friend to go with.  Smile
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 10:43am

Well, I really want to get in better shape and loose about 15 to 20 pounds....my problem is motivation...I can't seem to keep it up. I was thinking about getting an anytime fitness membership, there is one right down the street so I wouldn't even drive to it, and I could go at any time, like say, middle of the night when I'm restless....

I want to get my legs, abs and arms in better shape, so I'll probably start with lunges, bridges, pushups, sitting against the wall, that sort of thing, and jogging this one road that loops around where I live, just gotta get up and go do it! I hate the idea of someone seeing me out there running alongside the road....I'm too damn self conscience...anywho...I'd really like to get to my ideal body type by the start of the season, or half way through, I think I could do a lot more things if my legs and abs were stronger, like get higher ollies and such...

The first time I lifted weights, I could only bench the bar with 5 pound weights on either end of it.  Most people at gyms won't make fun of you for stuff like this, they will usually encourage you, runners as well.
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote VermontRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 10:43am
Originally posted by pepitojones

my problem is motivation...

That's the exact reason it's best to work out with a buddy or a PT.  It's way too easy to give up before you've even pushed yourself when you're alone.  You do some reps and think, "hm, yeah, that's enough."

If you can't afford a PT, find a friend to go with.  Smile

Personally, I think you have to find something that you like to do and do it. When you start to do it regularly you almost get addicted. It is the same with eating healthy.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote craigalicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 10:46am

it would be cheaper to get a dumbbell set if that's all you're going to do.  only get a gym membership if you plan on doing more lifting than that.

Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 10:48am
Even if you get a gym membership, dumbells is really all you want to mess with anyway.  Skip the machines.  Do free weights and take whatever classes interest you. 

Oh and fellas, dont skip out on Yoga and Pillotes.  Not only are there hot chicks, but it really helps out in all facets of fitness. 
myach View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote myach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 10:50am
man I feel like I'm slacking now... I did do some abs, shoulders and arms consistently for like 2 weeks, once I stopped I can't get back into it...

I'll get back into it if I keep reading about how other ppl are so motivated haha
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 10:53am
Originally posted by myach

man I feel like I'm slacking now... I did do some abs, shoulders and arms consistently for like 2 weeks, once I stopped I can't get back into it...

I'll get back into it if I keep reading about how other ppl are so motivated haha

Thats pretty much the point of the thread, me and bru have been talking about this for a while. 
Instructor
Instructor

Quote craigalicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 10:54am

Even if you get a gym membership, dumbells is really all you want to mess with anyway.  Skip the machines.  Do free weights and take whatever classes interest you. 

Oh and fellas, dont skip out on Yoga and Pillotes.  Not only are there hot chicks, but it really helps out in all facets of fitness. 

for you ladies, it tightens your...well...i think you know.  that's a fact.  you have to do the right kind of yoga/pilates though.

for guys, if it nothing else appeals to you when it comes to yoga, it can increase your height up to 2 inches.  that's also a fact.  it stretches out your spine and joints.  the only reason i don't do it is because i don't have time for it.  i do a lot of regular stretching though.  also, try partner stretching.  you'll feel it a lot more and you'll get a much greater gain from it.

Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote pepitojones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 11:10am

Yoga and pilates are both excellent compliments to a weight training program.  We're incorporating some in my PT sessions, actually..  It's also way harder than it looks when you're starting out.  Smile
overkill127 View Drop Down
Local
Local
thank you come again

Quote overkill127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 11:12am
I don't really need to loose weight, I just need to gain muscle, which is hard to do cause I'm vegetarian. So I'm pretty much living on protein shakes.

But also to get more energy flowing through my body I've started doing cross country running with my girlfriend. I was hampered by lack of stamina last season and I'm hoping to resolve that for this one.

And what yoga does for you body is remarkable, the only thing is its pretty time consuming
Steezimax
bsimon2 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bsimon2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 11:16am
I'm riding my fixed gear bike on a regular basis.  I'm trying to get in shape so I can start racing on a track.  There's also a group of people that play bike polo in a nearby park, so I think I'm going to start participating in that as a hobby that gets the heart rate up.

I don't need to lose weight...I'm a twig.  But building some endurance and muscle will be nice. 

I had a health evaluation at work a couple months ago, and the doctors couldn't measure my body fat cause it's obnoxiously low (<4%).  Basically, a strong wind can blow me into the next state.
choi View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote choi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 11:21am
its all really about your eating habits and how active you really are.  shakas diet is only gonna work if you work as hard as shaka does.  and sorry to tell you this you can no longer keep the following items in your house:
chips, cookies, sodas, candies, chocolates, ice cream .... all that good stuff will tempt the crap out of you and trust me you will give in. if you dont have them you wont eat them.

ive been a swimmer for the past eight or nine years and that is what i swear by

ooh and if you really want to have a flat stomach two things. one, somewhere floating on the internet is an old 8min abs video that looks like its filmed in the early 90's. find that download that and do it! the second thing i know is blasphemous but it is a must (unless youre just a freak of nature) you need to give up beer. its too many empty calories and when you get drinking YOU DRINK. that is why i can never have a six pack
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 11:28am
Originally posted by choi

its all really about your eating habits and how active you really are.  shakas diet is only gonna work if you work as hard as shaka does.  and sorry to tell you this you can no longer keep the following items in your house:
chips, cookies, sodas, candies, chocolates, ice cream .... all that good stuff will tempt the crap out of you and trust me you will give in. if you dont have them you wont eat them.

ive been a swimmer for the past eight or nine years and that is what i swear by

ooh and if you really want to have a flat stomach two things. one, somewhere floating on the internet is an old 8min abs video that looks like its filmed in the early 90's. find that download that and do it! the second thing i know is blasphemous but it is a must (unless youre just a freak of nature) you need to give up beer. its too many empty calories and when you get drinking YOU DRINK. that is why i can never have a six pack

Bold part needs to be re-enforced.  If you aren't working your ass off in the gym, don't go trying to eat 5,000 calories a day because you are a twig and thing just eating more will get you muscle.  All that will happen is you will get fat, and skinny people who are fat just don't look right.  Trust me, I have a gut growing right now and I'm skinny. 
Marumm View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
caw

Quote Marumm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 11:41am
I don't know, I think the best and most permanent progress happens when you make a series of gradual improvements.  If you have crappy eating habits, first try to make them less crappy instead of going directly to some ascetic celery-and-water diet.  Jumping into dramatic changes usually leads to 2-3 weeks of progress and then giving up.

As far as exercise programs go, I had great results with the Bill Starr 5x5 workout.  I like that, like the couch-to-5k, it provides goals over time to work towards.  They even have an excel weight calculator to help plan your targets based on much you're currently capable of lifting.

Funny thing about the beer too; since I've started to lose weight I haven't stopped drinking it entirely, but I've really cut back and gotten very snobby over what I'll have now.
anton View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 11:43am
I'm not horribly skinny, I could just use extra 10-15 lbs. I think going on a diet and exercising at home with dumbells should help this summer.
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote VermontRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 11:47am

the second thing i know is blasphemous but it is a must (unless youre just a freak of nature) you need to give up beer. its too many empty calories and when you get drinking YOU DRINK. that is why i can never have a six pack

You still have to live. I'll never give up bread or beer. However, I do drink a lot less now than I used to.
ShredbettyZoe View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
<3

Quote ShredbettyZoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 11:54am
10min rowing machine (5min over-hand 5min under-hand) I would like to do more than 10mins. first time I used the rowing machine I was POOPED. I could probably go longer now, but I'm already at the gym for like an hour... 10mins rowing seems to be working better than 10mins running, or even 30 mins running.
stretch - can ppl suggest some good stretches? Im always at a loss of things to help stretch...
Side bends 22.5lbs (20x2)
Crunch machine 75lbs (12x3)
sit ups - as many as I can do
(everything from here down is 2 sets of 12)
hammer curls sadly I only use 10lbs haha
Front Lat Pulldown 60lbs
seated bench press 45lbs
I do shoulders too, triceps & forearms, I just don't know the names for these and some of the other free weight exercises I do.
leg curl 45lbs
leg extension 50lbs
leg press 155lbs
hip adductor 70lbs
hip abductor 80lbs
kick backs 30lbs
squats 12lb bar (new)

I think I've missed some,
I need to find a lower ab workout that I like.

My goal isn't to loose weight, I just want to be healthy, fit & reap the benefits of working out.
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 12:00pm
Yeah this thread is to help us all stay motivated.  Just try and set goals that push you, but are attainable.  If you have never bench pressed before please don't make your goal to bench 400lbs in the next 6 months.  LOL 

www.chargeharder.com
Instructor
Instructor

Quote craigalicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by ShredBettyZoe

10min rowing machine (5min over-hand 5min under-hand) I would like to do more than 10mins. first time I used the rowing machine I was POOPED. I could probably go longer now, but I'm already at the gym for like an hour... 10mins rowing seems to be working better than 10mins running, or even 30 mins running.
stretch - *1)can ppl suggest some good stretches? Im always at a loss of things to help stretch...
Side bends 22.5lbs (20x2)
Crunch machine 75lbs (12x3)
sit ups - as many as I can do
(everything from here down is 2 sets of 12)
hammer curls sadly I only use 10lbs haha
Front Lat Pulldown 60lbs
seated bench press 45lbs
I do shoulders too, triceps & forearms, I just don't know the names for these and some of the other free weight exercises I do.
leg curl 45lbs
leg extension 50lbs
leg press 155lbs
hip adductor 70lbs
hip abductor 80lbs
kick backs 30lbs
squats 12lb bar (new)

I think I've missed some,
*2)I need to find a lower ab workout that I like.

My goal isn't to loose weight, I just want to be healthy, fit & reap the benefits of working out.

1. for snowboarding you want to make sure you stretch your legs obviously, but also your hips.  unfortunately if you want a really good hip stretch, you need a partner.  there's not a whole lot you can do for your hips without a partner, to get a really good stretch anyway.

2. have you tried hanging leg raises?  i like those for lower abs.  does a really good job of working them too.

Instructor
Instructor
<3

Quote ShredbettyZoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 12:07pm
well i guess my goal is to continue to work out and not slack off... lol
wait no. my goal is to be the sexiest woman alive... wait you said attainable goals... hm

ok I wanna go up 5lbs in most of those workouts within the next 2 weeks.
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 12:09pm

wait no. my goal is to be the sexiest woman alive... wait you said attainable goals... hm

I'll post my routine later today, but my general rule is 2.5% per week on each lift. 
Instructor
Instructor
<3

Quote ShredbettyZoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 12:11pm

I'll post my routine later today, but my general rule is 2.5% per week on each lift. 
Im not that good in math Shaka.
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 12:22pm
I would do it for you, but isn't Canada on the metric system?  Too confusing for me.  
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 12:31pm
I will be starting a new workout program next week.  I will post it up once I get it from the PT.
www.chargeharder.com
Flying DutchMan View Drop Down
WHAT!!

Quote Flying DutchMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 12:38pm
LOTS of wakeboarding!! and skating, and currently trying to find a soocer team in sacramento to join to help with the cardio
choi View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote choi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 12:39pm
the best workout plan out there, period. <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mDjxizKnWsA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mDjxizKnWsA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 12:40pm

the best workout plan out there, period. <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mDjxizKnWsA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mDjxizKnWsA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Let me fix that for you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 142>