The get in better shape thread 06/01to 12/31/14

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1234 144>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
choi View Drop Down
Local
Local

Online Status: Offline
  Quote choi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The get in better shape thread 06/01to 12/31/14
    Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 12:44pm
damn it thanks shaka
Kona View Drop Down
Local
Local
kona

Quote Kona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 1:37pm
I am currently at 21% body fat from my caliper, so my goal is to get back down to at least 12%, Currently I have a pretty strict diet as well as workout 3 days a week and do cardio 3 days as well.  So far I have lost 13 lbs in 3 week.

I eat 6 small meals a day, and drink alot of water.  As for workout routine I do Mon and Fri: Chest, Tris, Abs and Wed: Back, Bis, and Legs

It was hard to get motivated again, but I read the book Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle by Tom Venuto and it was amazing.  Its a great buy and if anyone wants it, I have it on PDF as well, just PM me
Timmay_650 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Timmay_650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 3:38pm
My goals are to have a faster paddle surfing mine is so slow and i want to be able to paddle longer. I am going to start going more pull up and push up but i might have to start lifting.
Then I want to climb half done again this summer. I have been playing indoor soccer, and frisbee to get in shape for that.
tendafoot94 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
dirty

Quote tendafoot94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 3:44pm
i am on the swim team so i swim an hour every weekday
i also have 1 or 2 soccer games every week
and everyday i chill with my friend and juggle (a soccer ball)
im 14 so i have the mentabolism of a hummingbird
i dont need workouts
if two rappers are vegetarian can they still have beef?
ShredbettyZoe View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
<3

Quote ShredbettyZoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by craigalicious

Originally posted by ShredBettyZoe

*1)can ppl suggest some good stretches?
*2)I need to find a lower ab workout that I like.

1. for snowboarding you want to make sure you stretch your legs obviously, but also your hips.  unfortunately if you want a really good hip stretch, you need a partner.  there's not a whole lot you can do for your hips without a partner, to get a really good stretch anyway.

2. have you tried hanging leg raises?  i like those for lower abs.  does a really good job of working them too.
wow I totally didn't see this post easier!
Theres 2 girls who usually work out with me, so if I needed a partner im sure one of them would help me stretch. we don't always go to the gym at the same time though, we all have hectic scheduales.
and yea I've tried the lower leg raises. I dont really enjoy them... maybe I should try them again, and just keep at it. thanks :-)

Originally posted by tendafoot94

mentabolism
Lol :-)
choi View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote choi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2009 at 8:55pm
zoe - laying down try reverse crunches, leg raises and hip raises. you can also try the crunches/leg raises into the hip raises in one motion
heischjr View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote heischjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2009 at 3:54am
Originally posted by konakid

I am currently at 21% body fat from my caliper, so my goal is to get back down to at least 12%, Currently I have a pretty strict diet as well as workout 3 days a week and do cardio 3 days as well.  So far I have lost 13 lbs in 3 week.

I eat 6 small meals a day, and drink alot of water.  As for workout routine I do Mon and Fri: Chest, Tris, Abs and Wed: Back, Bis, and Legs

It was hard to get motivated again, but I read the book Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle by Tom Venuto and it was amazing.  Its a great buy and if anyone wants it, I have it on PDF as well, just PM me

I would recommend not sticking to that routine for more that 6-8 weeks.  By doing chest twice a week and back once a week, your upper body will become unbalanced which will result in shoulder injuries.  This happened to me a few years ago and I had to go into physical therapy to regain the symmetry in my shoulders.
McNoodles View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote McNoodles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2009 at 6:22am
Been sick at home for the past 4 weeks, doing absoultely nothing, I'm pretty sure what little fitness and muscle mass I had is now gone LOL

Heading up to the snow in 2 weeks for 2 weeks, really don't want to relapse back into sickness, can anyone reccomend to do, if I actually can?

Shakazulu View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2009 at 6:36am
All right, here we go

I'm going to be doing the Riptoe Regime:

Workout A:
3x5 squat
3x5 bench press
1x5 deadlifts
2x8 dips (or tricep extensions, etc)

Workout B:
3x5 squat
3x5 Standing military press
3x5 Pendlay rows
2x8 chinups

Alternate workouts every other day, so Monday, wednesday, Friday.....etc.  Increase weight by 2.5 percent each week, more if possible.  I'll jump rope after each workout and try and work in two spin classes a week.  The spin classes are totally against the program, but I need the cardio work right now as well.  Jumpig rope would be better for gains though, and also increase quickness and footspeed.

For those who don't know about Mark Riptoe, and the Starting Strength program, AKA "Riptoe Workout"  Read up on it here, its an awesome start for those wanting to gain strength fast that are starting from zero.  Every time I get back into training, I do 12 weeks of this.  After that, I modify my workout regime quite a bit.  Working on my diet plan this weekend (I'm strict about this part) and will start hitting the weights probably Sunday and will post starting stats and before photos for all of your enjoyment

Check out Riptoe here:  http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224
craigalicious View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote craigalicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2009 at 6:49am

*1)can ppl suggest some good stretches?
*2)I need to find a lower ab workout that I like.

1. for snowboarding you want to make sure you stretch your legs obviously, but also your hips.  unfortunately if you want a really good hip stretch, you need a partner.  there's not a whole lot you can do for your hips without a partner, to get a really good stretch anyway.

2. have you tried hanging leg raises?  i like those for lower abs.  does a really good job of working them too.
wow I totally didn't see this post easier!
Theres 2 girls who usually work out with me, so if I needed a partner im sure one of them would help me stretch. we don't always go to the gym at the same time though, we all have hectic scheduales.
and yea I've tried the lower leg raises. I dont really enjoy them... maybe I should try them again, and just keep at it. thanks :-)

you're welcome :)

adding to what choi said, try scissor kicks if you haven't already.  also, what i do to make it more interesting is 10 seconds of scissor kicks, hold legs straight out at same height for 10 seconds, 10 seconds of scissor kicks, hold 10 seconds, etc...  I do that until I can't go any longer.  It makes it more of a challenge and more fun.

Instructor
Instructor

Quote craigalicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2009 at 6:51am
Zoe, here's some hip stretches.  I do the first 2.

http://video.about.com/exercise/hip-streches.htm

For the guys:  this chick is a total cougar/puma(can't tell her age from the video), so you mind as well check it out Wink

xxsweet_jen24xx View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote xxsweet_jen24xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2009 at 8:20am
Well, currently I weigh 155lb (though I don't look like it) and my goal weight is 140lb. Any less than that, and I'd start looking anorexic because I'm tall. My goal is to lose atleast 5lb's a month for the next 3 months.

Currently I am doing a little bit of everything. I use my Wii fit daily, unless I am crunched for time, and then I just do some crunches, push-ups, and go for a quick run. I've been watching what I eat (or trying to, atleast. It's hard with Brent because he doesn't want to change the way he eats to help me.)

If other people start putting up pictures to document their progress, I will too. Seeing other people's progress visually is a good motivating tool.
pepitojones View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote pepitojones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2009 at 9:53am
Originally posted by xxsweet_jen24xx

It's hard with Brent because he doesn't want to change the way he eats to help me.

What a terrible husband!  LOL
rzero View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rzero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2009 at 12:59pm
body fat percentage isn't my problem, i'm way too small!

6' 6"
160lbs

I need to bulk up, we'll see how this goes thru december with muscle weight increase
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2009 at 1:10pm
Damn, you need to eat a whole cow or something bro.  
adeodadus View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Undaunted

Quote adeodadus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2009 at 2:34pm
Cross Fit :: been on and off

P90X :: Really good workout :don't knock until you try it: especially the Ab X and Yoga

Run :: 3-8 m depending on how tired 3x or more per week

Swim :: 1000m  (but my mechanics is crap due to surfing)

Been trying to lose 15lbs @180 and its really hard to run 26.2m at 180.  Diet is my main culprit:: but usually closer to winter(marathon dates) get down to 175.

I really want to be below 170 this year and break 4hrs for 26.2m :: just once Ouch

Anyhoo.. if anyone tried Cross fit or P90x let me know your progress...  Again its all really good..  Use to be obsessed with benching 315 but now I'd rather the cross train.
Fear is the Mind Killer
Local
Local

Quote xxsweet_jen24xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2009 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by rzero

6' 6"
160lbs

I need to bulk up, we'll see how this goes thru december with muscle weight increase

I'm going to come stuff two cows and a pig down your throat now, okay? lol
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2009 at 5:14pm
I just painted 3/4 of my house.  It was one HELL of a workout.
www.chargeharder.com
giftedhands View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Quote giftedhands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2009 at 6:10pm
any ladies interested in a great at home mini-workout.. try frog squats. those things are awesome!
Timmay_650 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Timmay_650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2009 at 10:15pm

6' 6"
160lbs

Wow that is really small, I am 6'3" and was like 155 for awhile and i was only like 3-4% body fat.
Jarryd View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Jarryd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2009 at 10:40pm
so anyone got some tips for someone like me who is super busy and too poor to go to gym so they can build up their legs and a little endurance aswell as some upper body stuff to loose some of my puppy fat and man boobs?

Big smile
heischjr View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote heischjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/20/2009 at 3:10am
Originally posted by Jarryd

so anyone got some tips for someone like me who is super busy and too poor to go to gym so they can build up their legs and a little endurance aswell as some upper body stuff to loose some of my puppy fat and man boobs?

Big smile

Start out doing a circuit workout using your body weight that will take like 15 minutes.  Start out doing 15-20 reps each without rest in between exercise.  After a few weeks you can do each exercise to failure.  Here is what I suggest:

squats
push ups
lunges
up downs - for a little cardio
planks -  for 30 seconds to work your core

Do that whole routine without rest between exercises.  After you have done it once, rest 1-2 minutes, and do it again.  Do this 3-4 times depending on how you feel.

After a few weeks you can start doing some different exercises if you are able to get a set of dumbells so you can work your back, arms, and shoulders.

I hope this helps. 

giftedhands View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Quote giftedhands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/20/2009 at 6:37am
i just biked 15 miles through san joseyesterday, it was awesome! im feeling it today though.. but  i def wanna keep it up. if anybody else is in san jose and wants to join.. they do it monthly, its a huge bike ride with literally hundreds of bikers, plenty of fun.
anton View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/20/2009 at 7:17am

6' 6"
160lbs

Wow bro. I thought I was tiny, I'm 6'0" and 160lbs. Hope you gain some!
Kona View Drop Down
Local
Local
kona

Quote Kona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/20/2009 at 8:58am
so did my body fat calculations this morning, down 1.35% in fat but gained 4 lbs this week.  Moral of the story, if you are doing weight loss don't try a mass building workout, I mainly did it to show off this week, and I'm not complaining about gaining 4 lbs of muscle, but its not losing weight.

Here's my moderate workout for right now:

Mon and Thur:
3 sets of 8-12, if 12 move up in weight next time
Flath bench press
Incline Dumbell flyes
Seated dumbell overhead press
Side lateral raises
Tricep pushdowns
overhead tri extensions
crunches
reverse crunches
*for crunches i do more reps but still 3 sets, for reps usually do 5 after it starts to burn really bad

Wed:
Leg press
Leg extension
Leg curl
Lower back extension
Cable rows
Barbell curls
Seated alternating dubmell curls
Standing calf raises
Seated calf machine
muvistah View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote muvistah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/20/2009 at 9:51am
how do i know my body fat?
im 5'4" 105lbs, i need to gain 5- 10 lbs of muscle..

right now, im not even lifting.. im only doing cardio...too lazy

ill start lifting on monday and get back to you..
heischjr View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote heischjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/20/2009 at 11:56am
^^^You have to have your body fat measured.  You can have it done by the pinch test or the buoyancy test.  They can also send an electromagnetic charge through your body to measure it.  The pinch test is the easiest.
starang View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote starang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/20/2009 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by muvistah

how do i know my body fat?
im 5'4" 105lbs, i need to gain 5- 10 lbs of muscle..

right now, im not even lifting.. im only doing cardio...too lazy

ill start lifting on monday and get back to you..

you should really add some lifting exercises to your routine.  A combination of lifting and cardio will make your fat loss exponentially faster than just doing one.
BFBF View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BFBF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2009 at 10:00am

I trained at a gym downtown chicago for many years and still see a couple clients a month in-home.  (ACE and ISSA certified)

After 100's of hours of training with clients of all ages:

1. Most people fail due to consistency(lack of) - they'll go for a month, hit it hard and then fall off for a year--- then complain about it what a mess they've let themselves become.

2. They blow off the nutrition. Usually I hear: " I work out, so I can eat what I want" = Nonsense.  If you eat crap, you'll look and feel like crap.

3. Fad diets- Also nonsense, these are short term solutions that will fail.  Also, anything on an info-mercial at 3 am is not going to have you looking like Brad Pitt in "fight club".

4.  I mostly train women( I specialized in weddings-fat loss etc-no injury or rehab)-  Females for the most part HATE strength training.  Maybe they're intimidated by the gym, meatheads, whatever.

But,-I would constantly hear :  "I don't want to get big/bulky"--This was the primary excuse for avoiding weight training.---This is IMPOSSIBLE as women DO NOT have high enough testosterone levels to build muscle mass like men do.  Excuses, excuses, excuses.

If you are Female, do not fear strength training. Because:

5. Attaining your fitness goals CANNOT be achieved unless you evenly work on
-Strength
-Cardio
-Nutrition.

Let one of the three slip = Fail.
If it bleeds, we can kill it
choi View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote choi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2009 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by heischjr

^^^You have to have your body fat measured.  You can have it done by the pinch test or the buoyancy test.  They can also send an electromagnetic charge through your body to measure it.  The pinch test is the easiest.

the electromagnet charge is not at all acurate. i would go for the pinch test
ShredbettyZoe View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
<3

Quote ShredbettyZoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2009 at 1:17pm

For the guys:  this chick is a total cougar/puma(can't tell her age from the video), so you mind as well check it out Wink
I do that 2nd stretch already... just not on a mat... hahaha
Local
Local

Quote xxsweet_jen24xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2009 at 2:10pm

I never thought of it as a stretch before, hahaha...
BFBF View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BFBF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2009 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by choi

the electromagnet charge is not at all acurate. i would go for the pinch test

The "caliper" test(pinch) is +/-4% accuracy in either direction.  Alot of this is dependent on who does the test and what 3 areas are measured(this differs from male to female)
If it bleeds, we can kill it
Instructor
Instructor

Quote craigalicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2009 at 5:09pm

you girls are dirty...keep it up WinkLOL

choi View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote choi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2009 at 5:54pm

you girls are dirty...keep it up WinkLOL

well somethings definitely getting stretched LOLLOL
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2009 at 8:31pm
This weekend...ended up going to a wedding...eating too much and not getting any physical activity since I was in the car for 12+ hrs.  I'll try to undo this damage this week hopefully.

But mostly my exercise routine consists of working out at least an hour a day usually doing yoga, kickboxing, surfing, running...I guess I need to incorporate weight training in there 
Jarryd View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Jarryd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2009 at 11:58pm

Originally posted by Jarryd

Big smile

Start out doing a circuit workout using your body weight that will take like 15 minutes.  Start out doing 15-20 reps each without rest in between exercise.  After a few weeks you can do each exercise to failure.  Here is what I suggest:

squats
push ups
lunges
up downs - for a little cardio
planks -  for 30 seconds to work your core

Do that whole routine without rest between exercises.  After you have done it once, rest 1-2 minutes, and do it again.  Do this 3-4 times depending on how you feel.

After a few weeks you can start doing some different exercises if you are able to get a set of dumbells so you can work your back, arms, and shoulders.

I hope this helps. 

okay i dont care if i look stupid but what are up downs and planks?

ill start with this sounds good! thanks

i have some dumbells lyign around somewhere any ideas for them?

thanks tons
heischjr View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote heischjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2009 at 3:57am
^^Sorry about that.  Here is a plank:

The plank will also help strengthen your core for snowboarding.

Up-downs are commonly used in football and in the army.  It is when you go down with your chest on the ground and then you jump back up.  You could also replace these with jumping jacks.  It sounds kinda childish, but they do work.

Since you have dumbells, you could add a standing bent over row to that workout to work your back.

To tone your arms you could add in some bicep curls and tricep kickbacks. 

I hope this helps.
Jarryd View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Jarryd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2009 at 4:05am
thanks ill add the in tomorrow

did 10mins on my mums old tred mill then lunges, squats and pushups

any tips on diet anyone when you are trying to loose weight and tone up but noting extreme like body builder stuff

its one thing to say eat right

but what is right?
heischjr View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote heischjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2009 at 4:15am
-Try to eat 5-6 small meals a day spaced out about every 2.5-3 hours.  Try to eat lean cuts of meat and lots of fruits and veggies.  Dairy products are good also.
-Make sure you eat breakfast because that will speed up you metabolism and give you energy throughout the day. 

Here is a sample of Men's Health's Power Foods:

The Power 12 Foods

1) Almonds and Other Nuts eaten with skins intact.
2) Beans and Other Legumes
3) Spinach and Other Green Vegetables
4) Dairy: Fat-free or low-fat milk, yogurt, cheese, cottage cheese
5) Instant Oatmeal: Unsweetened, unflavored
6) Eggs
7) Turkey and other lean meats. Lean steak, chicken, fish
8) Peanut Butter - All-natural, sugar-free.
9) Olive Oil
10) Whole-Grain Breads and Cereals
11) Extra-Protein (Whey) Powder
12) Raspberries and Other Berries

If you are wondering why almonds, spinach, raspberries, and turkey were singled out -- nothing scientific -- it just helps to make a catchy acronym - absdietpower !

BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2009 at 5:46am
Had to take Thursday and Friday off from the gym to paint my house.  I am headed in there for at least 1.5 hours today.  I have my first PT session tomorrow.  
www.chargeharder.com
pepitojones View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote pepitojones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2009 at 6:04am
PT session number 3 today in about 3.5 hrs.
ridesnowboarder View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Signal Park Rocker

Quote ridesnowboarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2009 at 6:05am
I've been lifting a lot in the last 3-4 months.  My goal is to just stick with it and hopefully get my bench max to about 260 by the end of the summer  (im at 225 now).
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2009 at 6:30am
I don't even want to talk bench right now, I'll post up my preliminary workout stats in a few days when I start the program.  This should be tons of fun.
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2009 at 6:46am
Originally posted by ridesnowboarder

I've been lifting a lot in the last 3-4 months.  My goal is to just stick with it and hopefully get my bench max to about 260 by the end of the summer  (im at 225 now).
Going to be pretty tough to add 35lbs to your max in the next 2 months unless you get after it hard, or take some serious supplements. 

I am not trying to discourage you in fact I hope you achieve your goal.  Just don't be upset if you don't quite reach it.  Part of the issue is you are about to plateau.  If you have been after it hard for 3-4 months you are due for a plateau.  Switch up your routine a lot and that should help.  Also if you haven't been doing dumbbell presses start doing them.  That will help with your bar bench a ton.
www.chargeharder.com
evernod View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
thank you, goodnight!

Quote evernod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2009 at 10:47am
i can't believe i read through this whole thread. i think the image of Shakanegger that kept popping in my head kept me going.
so, not only am i poor as hell (i had to freeze my gym membership for a few months), but i don't think my wrist healed quite right after i broke it on day 1 of 1 of my amazing 08-09 season. i know the doctor said it would be a while before i had all my strength back, but my unemployed, uninsured ass couldn't go to physical therapy to learn any fancy wrist exercises.

suggestions?

(oh, and hello to anyone that is confused or in shock by my return from the dead)
this place is bleak.
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2009 at 10:55am
He lives!!!!!!!!!!!  Yes, I am confused and shocked by your return from the dead.  I'll get my before pics up in a few days.

Regarding your wrist, speak with Bru', he knows all kinds of things to do with it as a result of his masturbation injury earlier this year. 
evernod View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
thank you, goodnight!

Quote evernod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2009 at 11:14am
Originally posted by shakazulu12

He lives!!!!!!!!!!!  Yes, I am confused and shocked by your return from the dead.  I'll get my before pics up in a few days.

Regarding your wrist, speak with Bru', he knows all kinds of things to do with it as a result of his masturbation injury earlier this year. 

i am still trying to picture you in beefcake mode.... all greased up and muskley.

did he really injure his wrist? i don't care how it happened.

once i am healed and i bounce back from destitution, i plan to be back at the gym 4-5 days a week doing the same sh*t i have been doing since i first started going 10 years ago.

don't forget the cardio, kids! it's important even if you are a bean pole!

this place is bleak.
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2009 at 11:17am
Originally posted by evernod

i can't believe i read through this whole thread. i think the image of Shakanegger that kept popping in my head kept me going.
so, not only am i poor as hell (i had to freeze my gym membership for a few months), but i don't think my wrist healed quite right after i broke it on day 1 of 1 of my amazing 08-09 season. i know the doctor said it would be a while before i had all my strength back, but my unemployed, uninsured ass couldn't go to physical therapy to learn any fancy wrist exercises.

suggestions?

(oh, and hello to anyone that is confused or in shock by my return from the dead)

Let me know if you want any wrist exercises...I think I still have the papers that had exercises when I broke my wrist.  I can scan them for you if you want and send them to you.
evernod View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
thank you, goodnight!

Quote evernod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2009 at 11:31am
Originally posted by hana24

Originally posted by evernod

suggestions?

Let me know if you want any wrist exercises...I think I still have the papers that had exercises when I broke my wrist.  I can scan them for you if you want and send them to you.

if it's not too much trouble that would be great. i got out of my cast in march, though. i hope it's not too late.
this place is bleak.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 144>