The get in better shape thread 06/01to 12/31/12

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 23456 142>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rzero View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote rzero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The get in better shape thread 06/01to 12/31/12
    Posted: Jun/24/2009 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by xxsweet_jen24xx

Originally posted by rzero

body fat percentage isn't my problem, i'm way too small!

6' 6"
160lbs

I need to bulk up, we'll see how this goes thru december with muscle weight increase

I'm going to come stuff two cows and a pig down your throat now, okay? lol

Lol I wouldn't be hungry at least, I don't retain weight unless I'm really really trying but it usually goes away in a few weeks if so. I think the main weight gain i've ever seen which is what has put me at 160 is heavy beer drinking.
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2009 at 12:48pm
Just not taking enough calories in consistently is your problem.  You probably have a really high metabolism, either that, or you are only eating 1200 calories a day and don't realize it (I see this happen all the time actually)
rzero View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rzero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2009 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by evernod

thanks to both of you. i wish i had thought of this sooner. duh.

and yes, Bru. MUCH clearer. turning it in makes it pop and hurt a little. awesome.

dude! I haven't seen you on in ages...I'm still rocking the Artifact from back in the day.
rzero View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rzero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2009 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by shakazulu12

Just not taking enough calories in consistently is your problem.  You probably have a really high metabolism, either that, or you are only eating 1200 calories a day and don't realize it (I see this happen all the time actually)

My diet is pretty random but it usually contains high calories, I'll have a whole rotisserie chicken or usually 1 to 1.5lbs of steak or pork for dinner, maybe some fast food/fast casual stuff for lunch. Not really any soda...beer(16+ on a weekend) and the opposite with 4-6 nutrional drinks a week(vitamin water/bolthouse smoothie)
ridesnowboarder View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Signal Park Rocker

Quote ridesnowboarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2009 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by heischjr

^^Have you ever supplemented your creatine with L-Arginine, which is amino acid that is an NO inhibitor?  If not, you should try it since you are trying to increase your bench by so much.

No I havent... Ill have to check it out.

Where would I find this stuff?
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2009 at 1:27pm
Anywhere.  L-arginine can be bought in bulk at Costco.  Any fitness store would sell it, or get it online at bodybuilding.com

It may also help you get boners. 
heischjr View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote heischjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2009 at 1:28pm
You can get it at any GNC or health food store.  Bodybuilding.com has some good prices also.  I have taken MRI's NO2 and NO2 black.  MuscleTech also has a good one but they are more expensive.  Look for L-Arginine or Nitric Oxide supplements.  All the major companies have their own version.

Shaka beat me to it. 
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2009 at 1:30pm
I LOVE NO2.  I don't really mess with too many supps anymore, but NO2 has always worked well with me.  
heischjr View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote heischjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2009 at 1:33pm
I have always gotten good results from taking it also.  It really worked well for me when I cycled it with CE2.
dustinsyork View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote dustinsyork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2009 at 2:16pm
I am 6'2", 200lb, I lift only for the sake of proportioning my body, I lift 2 days a week, do cardio/stairstepper 2 days a week and have school the other 3 days a week.  Workouts for weights never take more than an hour and cardio for 45 minutes.  Will increase cardio and stairstepper within 3 months of beginning of snow season.

Supplements I use:  No Xplode Preworkout, load 20g creatine a day for a week then 5g a day- cycle for 6 weeks and always take with grape juice, MuscleMilk 1 scoop within 15 min postworkout then 1 more 1 hour postworkout with meal. Have noticed significantly less muscle soreness the day after by using creatine and the postworkout protein timing.
10' Never Summer Revolver-R, 10' Union Data POW
xxsweet_jen24xx View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote xxsweet_jen24xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2009 at 3:34pm
Just finished an hour long workout. I did 35 minutes of cardio, and 25 minutes of strength. I feel great! Also, I'm down 2.5 pounds! Hopefully I can keep this up and be atleast -10lb's by September.
zagfan5 View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
whatever

Quote zagfan5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2009 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by ddomski

damn, this just reminded me to get off my lazy ass.  winter will be back before I know it.

that makes me laugh cause i'm the exact opposite.

as soon as winter starts i go into hibernation mode. i snowboard everyday, never go to the gym, and dont watch what i eat.
then when snowboard season ends in april and spring starts i get into my fitness kick, start watching my diet, and hit the gym daily.

i got into that kick about a month and a half ago. been going to the gym at least 3-4 times a week at the bare minimum. also my job is to coach kids soccer, so from 9 in the morning till 1 in the afternoon i'm running around and playing soccer with kids, so thats good exercise.

right now i'm at 175, looking to get down to around 160 and tone up a little bit. my shoulders are built pretty good right now, i just need to work on my biceps, triceps, pecs and core. i dont do much strength training with my legs, mostly just cardio. stationary and treadmill.

the biggest thing i want to improve is my core. i know this will help me drastically come next season.
Camber Is The New Rocker.
courtnayyydear View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote courtnayyydear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2009 at 1:00am
I lose weight during the summer completely unintentionally. I do lots of sports and whatnot.

This year I'm at a whopping 135 lbs. Tongue I started kindof working out, running around the bay which is like 3 and a half miles. Throwing in some weight lifting and lower body exercises for next snowboard season. My workout routine has lasted maybe two weeks, and I feel a lot better already but haven't seen any like visual changes haha. Its not like I'm a cow anyway, but still...
ShredbettyZoe View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
<3

Quote ShredbettyZoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2009 at 4:44am
its next to impossible for women to gain muscle mass thanks to estrogen and the lack of testosterone... so go nuts on the work out! You're a pretty tall gall so you're probably supposed to be around that weight, if anything you will just feel healthier, have more energy and get toned (not bulky).

I never lose weight from working out. the only thing that seems to affect my weight is food... and I love food LOLConfused
Instructor
Instructor
Signal Park Rocker

Quote ridesnowboarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2009 at 5:16am
Originally posted by shakazulu12

Anywhere.  L-arginine can be bought in bulk at Costco.  Any fitness store would sell it, or get it online at bodybuilding.com

It may also help you get boners. 

hahah, alright.  Ill check it out
Mattymo View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
East Coast Rider

Quote Mattymo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2009 at 7:16am
Played 2 hours of full court basetball yesterday, then went for a 25 minute jog. I was content.
http://www.protectourwinters.org
GUTH View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote GUTH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2009 at 9:15am

So I have acquired the P 90 X vids that every one is talking about these days.  and as lame as i thought they would be, i started doing them and they really are not that bad.  Once you get over the fact that you are doing work out vids it’s not so bad.  There are 12 styles of workouts you can do and  pretty versatile with the workouts you do within that style.  

Like adeodadus said... dont knock it till you try it. 

They have everything from muscles to yoga. 

The warm up and stretches you do for the first 15 minutes is a work out in itself and i really cant remember feeling that good in a  long time.

Check out what it does..

So well see how it turns our after a couple weeks

*Insert Something Clever Here*
Instructor
Instructor
<3

Quote ShredbettyZoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2009 at 9:26am
Dedicate yourself to it Levi :-)
BethH View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote BethH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2009 at 12:12pm
Alright... I am joining in. My husband and I  bought a Wii fit last night and tried it out. After be assessed I realized how much weight I have put on...yikes! So I am determined to get up Monday - Friday at 6:30am and work out.  I am also going to walk more often, like today instead of driving down the street to starbucks to pick up my soy chai I walked and I got a tall instead of a grande. My husband and I have been working on eating better but now I am going to step it up more. Since most people here say not to really worry about a weight goal but on other ones...so mine is to go from a size 12 down to a size 8.

THis is a great thread Bru...hats off to you!
5 pump Grande soy chai latte no water...the only way to drink a chai latte from starbucks.
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2009 at 12:38pm
Had my 2nd PT session today.

3 sets 45 seconds each of incline push-ups and inverted rows

2 sets 45 seconds each of sitting rows, dips, and incline chest flies.

2 sets 45 seconds each of sumo squats, and exercise ball crunches, and planks

2 sets of squats 20 and 25 reps.  lawnmower pulls for 30 seconds.

All that was done in 30 minutes.
www.chargeharder.com
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2009 at 1:32pm
Did an hour long yoga session today...with weights.  That was killer.
zagfan5 View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
whatever

Quote zagfan5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2009 at 1:41pm
p90x will kick your ass
Local
Local

Quote xxsweet_jen24xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2009 at 1:59pm
p90x is no joke, I have a buddy who has done it, and he had amazing results.
rocheezy View Drop Down
Local
Local
Ready for the 2010 season!

Quote rocheezy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2009 at 2:45pm
Just got back from an hour long weightlifting class. My arms and legs are a little jello-y. I haven't been in any of the classes for the last week, but I wanted to keep/build up the intensity so I had 7.5 lbs on the bar (on each side) for the chest, bicep and tricep tracks (everything is done to music)--so...20 pounds total and 10 lbs per side on the bar for lunges and squats. I don't know if it was the week off or if I was just working harder, but the squats and lunges felt harder today than before. yeesh!

They have a zumba class now, too, but I don't think I'd be able to make it through with wobbly limbs.
Ellen View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Ellen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2009 at 3:45pm
i just stared working out about a month ago. right now i am just doing cardio. i need to start lifting but i need someone to teach me how and i cant afford a pt..
but my goal is to lose like 10lb 
caught red handed
zagfan5 View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
whatever

Quote zagfan5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2009 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by Ellen

i need to start lifting but i need someone to teach me how 

i'd imagine any one of your guy friends would be more than happy to show you around and how everything works at the gym.
Jigkidd View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
TWISTER!

Quote Jigkidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2009 at 12:16am
i just wanna get active this summer._popupControl();
I'm going to start biking to work and class.
It'll save me gas and prevent some extra pollution.

Instructor
Instructor
Signal Park Rocker

Quote ridesnowboarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2009 at 5:42am

i just stared working out about a month ago. right now i am just doing cardio. i need to start lifting but i need someone to teach me how and i cant afford a pt..
but my goal is to lose like 10lb 

Im sure someone could show you.  If not, there are a lot of guides on the internet that show some good plans.
pepitojones View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote pepitojones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2009 at 6:43am
So out of curiousity, this morning I decided to see what the good ol' scale had to say.  I've dropped 8lbs since I started working out (June 1).  I'm not concerned with what my weight is or ends up being like I am body fat %, but it's nice to see it dropping into what is a more healthy range for my build.
GUTH View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote GUTH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2009 at 7:15am
Originally posted by zagfan5

p90x will kick your ass

yeah... im on day 3 right now and my body is hurting. its amazing what is does with the little movements it makes you do.. yesterday was the yoga and i dont think i have ever sweated as much as i did after that. it was cool thought becuase the folks doing it in the video were sweating like crazy too. 

im gonna try to stick with it.

Instructor
Instructor
Signal Park Rocker

Quote ridesnowboarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2009 at 10:23am
Originally posted by STAFF GUTH

p90x will kick your ass

yeah... im on day 3 right now and my body is hurting. its amazing what is does with the little movements it makes you do.. yesterday was the yoga and i dont think i have ever sweated as much as i did after that. it was cool thought becuase the folks doing it in the video were sweating like crazy too. 

im gonna try to stick with it.

Haha, yeah dude, stick with it!
Ellen View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Ellen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2009 at 10:53am

i need to start lifting but i need someone to teach me how 

i'd imagine any one of your guy friends would be more than happy to show you around and how everything works at the gym.

yeah i guess that's a good idea i should make one of them do that for me..
caught red handed
destroyer3013 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote destroyer3013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2009 at 1:21pm
I find that the more i work out in the spring summer and fall the better i do on the slopes..........endurance training especially....it sucks when buy an expensiive lift ticket and cant make it the whole day!!!!!
Instructor
Instructor
<3

Quote ShredbettyZoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2009 at 2:55pm
I went to the gym today.
I yawned a lot, and had about 0 energy... so I did some weak sauce work out, then peace out. im sad.

(I usually go Mon/Wed/Fri but Wed was a holiday so I went Thursday instead thus shtooking up Friday) FML
choi View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote choi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2009 at 3:30pm
it must be contagious somehow then, because i had a lack luster swim session today as well.  just didnt feel right today
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2009 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by choi

it must be contagious somehow then, because i had a lack luster swim session today as well.  just didnt feel right today

+1 I overslept and don't have any energy today to go work out after work instead of the usual of working out before work.
starang View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote starang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2009 at 7:11pm
skipped my workout completely today, all though the day isn't over, so i still may try and force my self to workout
rocheezy View Drop Down
Local
Local
Ready for the 2010 season!

Quote rocheezy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/27/2009 at 4:38am
Go workout! I just did my first ever spin class. It wasn't AS terrible as I thought, but my stride while walking is now limited. Later I get to chill in a pool with some empty calories. yay.
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/27/2009 at 4:41am
going surfing for a day today...hopefully the water isn't too cold Ouch
Instructor
Instructor
Signal Park Rocker

Quote ridesnowboarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/27/2009 at 7:26am
Originally posted by hana24

going surfing for a day today...hopefully the water isn't too cold Ouch

I want to surf!

Im going to the gym in a little while
shop_45296 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote shop_45296 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/27/2009 at 7:38am
is surfing anything like snowboarding?
adeodadus View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Undaunted

Quote adeodadus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/27/2009 at 10:57am
http://www.surfnewsnetwork.com/index.php?content_type_id=2
Here's the surfreport: S shore
Was bigger yesterday afternoon... closing out on most spots but clean/glassy this morning :)
Fear is the Mind Killer
Local
Local

Quote xxsweet_jen24xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/27/2009 at 4:12pm
I worked 12 hours today, but I managed to go swimming for an hour afterwards. Better than nothing!
zagfan5 View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
whatever

Quote zagfan5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/27/2009 at 9:10pm
i hiked the park at hood all day today. best workout ever
GUTH View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote GUTH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/27/2009 at 10:33pm
i was in a bad mood form some reason then i tried to do some yoga.   i said shtook it and took a 3 hour nap.   im dissapointed in myself.
Instructor
Instructor
Signal Park Rocker

Quote ridesnowboarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2009 at 7:48am

i hiked the park at hood all day today. best workout ever

Yeah LOL    That is a killer workout
PAshred14 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote PAshred14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2009 at 5:48pm
i try and run 5 miles x-country everyday
craigalicious View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote craigalicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2009 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by STAFF GUTH

i was in a bad mood form some reason then i tried to do some yoga.   i said shtook it and took a 3 hour nap.   im dissapointed in myself.

haha!  that happens to me too often.  just gotta work out twice as hard the next time.

Duneluder View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Duneluder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2009 at 10:23pm
Well, I finally did it. I went to the gym. I got my membership to Anytime Fitness last week, and haven't gotten off my fat ass yet to go, and tonight I finally said, dammit, I'm going!

So! I jogged about 3/4 of the way there, then power walked the rest of the way. Then jogged/ran on the treadmill for about 20 minutes. then did fat burn stuff on the elliptical for 15 minutes, then lifted some free weights, not too much of that, just 30 reps on each arm with a 5 lber...I'm weak, sue me. So then I went to the thigh machine, I dunno what it's called, but its the one where you have to spread your damn legs for the whole world to see....luckily, it was 11pm at that point, and living in a small town, I had the whole gym to myself. Then I did the rowing machine and some other arm strengthening weights, then got back on the treadmill for about 6 minutes jogging and running. For a total of an hour at the gym.

then I took a pleasure drive around the back roads in my town for 15 minutes rocking out to music and letting myself calm down.

So! This was my first day back at the gym, pretty stoked on it. I like it a lot, and I'm going to really try to go about 4 times a week. Probably something like Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday or something....we'll see. But yeah, hopefully I can stick with it. I really want to lose about 15 pounds, but as much as I want to, weight doesn't really matter to me, I'd rather just be healthy and fit.

I feel refreshed, now I'm gonna go shower, smoke a faaaaaaaaaaat bowl, and pass out. Gotta open at my job tomorrow...woopdee dooooo

Smile

Instructor
Instructor
Signal Park Rocker

Quote ridesnowboarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/29/2009 at 5:20am
haha, nice!

ps.  the lat row machine is mostly a back workout...but it does get teh biceps too
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 142>