Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 126127128129130 145>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rosati777 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Calvin and Hobbes Extreme Sports

Online Status: Offline
  Quote rosati777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The get in better shape thread 01/15 to 06/15
    Posted: Dec/27/2012 at 7:00am
Only 4 days left to reach your goal! My goal for Next year is gonna have to be easier
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/27/2012 at 8:53am
Had a physical check-up today, my doctor said I'm in really good shape for my age. After the checkup I went to my parents place and shovelled their driveway and walkway that took about an hour. Then went home, shovelled my driveway and as I bent down to pick up one of the shovels... my back goes out. Goes to show some doctors don't know sheeeeit!
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/27/2012 at 12:38pm
Anyone have any advice on wrist support? Both my wrists are sore from lifting not sure if to buy braces for them or to tape them??
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/27/2012 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by mj2delmenico

Anyone have any advice on wrist support? Both my wrists are sore from lifting not sure if to buy braces for them or to tape them??
I would suggest you strengthen your wrist or you might end up injuring yourself lifting heavy weights. As the saying goes, you're only as strong as your weakest link.
Fore arm exercises should help with that as well as using a bigger grip, ie thicker bar, it can be accomplished but wraping it with a towel.

@ von44
Youre doing it wrong, plus prob got tired from doing the first driveway, lost form and it took out your back.

Finished up a class this morning after walking through a huge snowfall in the city. Its snowing a lot in the wrong place! Had a great coreworkout, kinda wished there was another set to it because I was just starting to feel the burn! same with the shoulder workout. She went easy because of all the turkey =p
Well that's probably it for me in terms of classes, my trial period is up and I can't afford to keep on going. I will continue to do some other workouts though. Rotator cuff, Quads, Core
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/27/2012 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by Superorb

I'm always surprised at the hill how no one ever stretches before going down the hill. I am the only one ever stretching. I'm getting old though (31) so anything I can do to prevent injury I'm all for.

I totally spaced stretching before hitting the slopes today! Had a couple slips that almost ended up splits, and the stretching surely would've helped that not feel so uncomfortable! No injuries to report.. but gotta make sure to do it next time :)
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/28/2012 at 10:49am
Originally posted by jhoang6

I would suggest you strengthen your wrist or you might end up injuring yourself lifting heavy weights. As the saying goes, you're only as strong as your weakest link.
Fore arm exercises should help with that as well as using a bigger grip, ie thicker bar, it can be accomplished but wraping it with a towel.

@ von44
Youre doing it wrong, plus prob got tired from doing the first driveway, lost form and it took out your back.

Finished up a class this morning after walking through a huge snowfall in the city. Its snowing a lot in the wrong place! Had a great coreworkout, kinda wished there was another set to it because I was just starting to feel the burn! same with the shoulder workout. She went easy because of all the turkey =p
Well that's probably it for me in terms of classes, my trial period is up and I can't afford to keep on going. I will continue to do some other workouts though. Rotator cuff, Quads, Core
You're prob right but I guess it also didn't help that I wasn't able to eat prior to my checkup. Two driveways just wore me down.
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/28/2012 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by Von44

@ von44
You're prob right but I guess it also didn't help that I wasn't able to eat prior to my checkup. Two driveways just wore me down.

I bought braces for them and survived my first workout back at the gym in a while so they seemed to work. I'll be starting to incorporate wrist exercises into my regime from now on
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/30/2012 at 8:08am

Had a physical check-up today, my doctor said I'm in really good shape for my age. After the checkup I went to my parents place and shovelled their driveway and walkway that took about an hour. Then went home, shovelled my driveway and as I bent down to pick up one of the shovels... my back goes out. Goes to show some doctors don't know sheeeeit!

Lol, I think you just overworked your back from all that shoveling. Do you have one of those snow shovel that bends in a weird way so that you don't need to bend your back to shovel snow? those are great!
Muse25 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Muse25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/30/2012 at 8:28am
Had my fierst session of the season. Legs burned. Time to get back to squats and starts doing deadlifts. Anyone hit up the TRX? I love that system!
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/30/2012 at 10:37am
Originally posted by Muse25

Had my fierst session of the season. Legs burned. Time to get back to squats and starts doing deadlifts. Anyone hit up the TRX? I love that system!

That's funny because I usually SKIP squats during snowboard season because I dont want it to slow me down haha. My legs will explode if I board after I squat.
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/30/2012 at 10:38am
OOh yah i tried the TRX, I think i might've posted about it. Good workout for my arms and between the shoulder blades, rhomboids? no clue how to spell it.
also did some jumping squats and core with it.. didn't like the core so much for the TRX system really puts a lot of pressure on my lowerback!

Had a Fletchers pilates towel work course today, first time doing it, wasn't too intense but it was a good workout for my shoulders, rotator cuff, rhomboids.  Also did some alignment work which was good to know. Got a detox class later this evening All thanks to my buddy, my classes are suppose to be done and over.
shreddog_123 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Duck season

Quote shreddog_123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/02/2013 at 10:36am
Its so hard to work out and stay in shape after getting surgery done. I had acl replacement surgery and I can't do anything! All I do is pull ups lol. Any recommendations? I really can't do anything involving my legs.
Do you know God???
GoldDragon View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote GoldDragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/02/2013 at 11:30am
that sucks. im sorry man. and there is a site i use for workouts called bulldozer workouts. they have sooo many different kinds of workouts for each area of your body along with recipies and other stuff. check it out.
red_baron View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote red_baron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/02/2013 at 12:34pm
Officially under 200lbs....first time in over 4 years. I am down about 33lbs now. 
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/03/2013 at 7:17am
Originally posted by red_baron

Officially under 200lbs....first time in over 4 years. I am down about 33lbs now. 

Congrats, man! I'm hanging just below the 200 mark myself (198.5). I would like to get back down to 193 or so (I was at 185 at about this time last year, and hitting the gym like a beast, but i felt I looked a bit anemic).
Hit the gym yesterday for the first time since before Christmas.. felt good! Though I did learn my gym is discontinuing their circuit training class I've been enjoying for the past few months. Fortunately the trainer enjoys the class himself, so the group will just do it privately from now on :) .
GOBANANAS View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote GOBANANAS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/03/2013 at 7:57am
someone is going to have to start a new thread or edit this ones title. this only goes to 12/31/12
forum2577 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote forum2577 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/03/2013 at 12:31pm
im way to damn skinny. 6'0 155 pounds. not that im lazy i just have nothing to work with or to get me motivated. any suggestions on gaining muscle mass without gaining much weight, I'm not really into the whole drinking protein and creatine
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/03/2013 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by forum2577

im way to damn skinny. 6'0 155 pounds. not that im lazy i just have nothing to work with or to get me motivated. any suggestions on gaining muscle mass without gaining much weight, I'm not really into the whole drinking protein and creatine
You need to exercise, and eat more carbs. Its an idea you can try.
Its what I'm trying to do, but it takes quite a bit of effort to eat more food than I normally do. My body generally just burns through what I eat.
Oh yes a proper sleeping schedule should help with proper weight gain as well..also weight loss for those trying to lose it.

Early today had my Chiropractor appointment got my spine adjusted and damn it was painful in my cervical spine, the area from mid back to the base of your head.  It was suggested that I had a lot of tension that's why it was so stiff. But after it all it actually feels a little different Hope my spine continues to stay aligned and not shift back to what it was before, but in all likelyhood it will BUT! here's positive thinking. Its gonna stay because i'm not gonna let it shift back, BOYAH! yah i said it. no more back cracking or of the like
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2013 at 7:14am

Jhoang is right. Carb loading after a workout will help you pack on some weight. That or take up beer drinking :)).. worked for me! lol. Might i ask why you're against protein supplements?

In other news... my gf asked me last night if I've "been focusing on upper body lately". She's never asked me anything like that before, so I asked why she was asking, and she pointed to my arms. Putting muscle mass on my long limbs has never been easy, so it was really nice to hear that someone other than myself was noticing a difference. :D
rosati777 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rosati777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2013 at 7:21am
Hey wouldn't stocking up on carbs just give him fat that might be unattractive? 
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2013 at 9:23am
Originally posted by rosati777

Carb loading without exercise will certainly make for a corpulent frame. But paired with an active lifestyle, you should be able to see some decent weight gain. This is not to say you should ignore other nutrients (proteins, healthy fats, etc). Quite simply, to put on weight, you'll need to consume more calories than you burn. Carbs pack more calories per gram than any other nutritional element, so you wouldn't need to eat as much sheer volume of (healthy) carbs as you would proteins and fats.
I will say most weight/mass gainers you will find are loaded with protein and glutamine. I'm sure ya know where to find proteins. Dietary sources of L-glutamine include beef, chicken, fish, eggs, milk, dairy products, wheat, cabbage, beets, beans, spinach, and parsley. Small amounts of free L-glutamine are also found in vegetable juices. (thank you, wikipedia). Hope this helps.
rosati777 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rosati777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2013 at 5:52am
Originally posted by j_lucky84

Originally posted by rosati777

Carb loading without exercise will certainly make for a corpulent frame. But paired with an active lifestyle, you should be able to see some decent weight gain. This is not to say you should ignore other nutrients (proteins, healthy fats, etc). Quite simply, to put on weight, you'll need to consume more calories than you burn. Carbs pack more calories per gram than any other nutritional element, so you wouldn't need to eat as much sheer volume of (healthy) carbs as you would proteins and fats.
I will say most weight/mass gainers you will find are loaded with protein and glutamine. I'm sure ya know where to find proteins. Dietary sources of L-glutamine include beef, chicken, fish, eggs, milk, dairy products, wheat, cabbage, beets, beans, spinach, and parsley. Small amounts of free L-glutamine are also found in vegetable juices. (thank you, wikipedia). Hope this helps.

Yea that's interesting stuff. I didn't know that. Thank you. I heard that there was natural carbs in some vegetables but it's no good to avoid them just for the sake of avoiding carbs
sdwc96 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote sdwc96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2013 at 6:43am
dont forget while fruits i good for you, they also can contain lots of sugar. If thats something youre trying to limit, you cant eat too many, then
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2013 at 10:07am
Originally posted by red_baron

Congrats!

Currently being on crutches is good exercise and also balancing on one leg while not on crutches.  Gets everything worked out except the one leg that's injured.  That's what PT is going to be for.

Going to be a while before I can get back to my normal workout routine.
My blog about snowboarding, vids too! - http://yukitabanana.wordpress.com/

Updated weekly!
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2013 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by j_lucky84

Jhoang is right. Carb loading after a workout will help you pack on some weight. That or take up beer drinking :)).. worked for me! lol. Might i ask why you're against protein supplements?

In other news... my gf asked me last night if I've "been focusing on upper body lately". She's never asked me anything like that before, so I asked why she was asking, and she pointed to my arms. Putting muscle mass on my long limbs has never been easy, so it was really nice to hear that someone other than myself was noticing a difference. :D
LoL that's awesome jlucky, great compliment
now that I've kind of stopped goign to classes I'm slacking and not eating and not sleeping too well ahh crazy on and off cycle. partly due to doing some home repairs ) = feels sucky though knowing that I'm not eating, gotta put some me time in and get some exercises in.
this thread should be edited to 2013 now that I think of it lol
humblerooster View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2013 at 10:32pm
Anyone check out the Gorilla app? I downloaded the free version and I did the exercise right when I got back from a awesome day of boarding. The next day. SUPER SORE. Idk if it was the app or the snowboarding but Im having a hard time moving. You guys should give it a try.
dvdngu View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote dvdngu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2013 at 11:42pm
any thoughts on creatine? i got a free box from my friend and im debating if i should start using it with my protein.
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2013 at 1:48am
I've recently started using creatine. Can't say I feel any different but it's a supplement that is used by many successful body builders so thought why not.

First weekend in as long as I can remember with no alcohol. Hit the gym for an hour and a half each day and an hour on the treadmill each day. Feel great!!
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2013 at 4:54am
Originally posted by dvdngu

any thoughts on creatine? i got a free box from my friend and im debating if i should start using it with my protein.
only that its' a supplement
and remember that its not a replacement.
In other words, take creatine on top of what you normally would be eating when  you're working out.  A lot of people make the mistake of just taking that protein shake or creatine after their workouts and call it a meal.

I've noticed people who took it gained weight and looked chubby when they stopped working out. not sure on the time frame but I'm sure its not the kind of weight ppl are looking to gain.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2013 at 11:39am

With creatine you can add weight very quickly but it's all water weight. Yeah they look huge after a month or so but it goes just as fast as it comes.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/07/2013 at 12:41pm

With creatine you can add weight very quickly but it's all water weight. Yeah they look huge after a month or so but it goes just as fast as it comes.

Yeah, but if youre not planning to be a bodybuilder, why take it and look fat for a month. I work out to look slim and feel great, so I wouldn't take creatine.
Ryanpmajor View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Ryanpmajor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/07/2013 at 2:51pm
My new years resolution is to drop down to 150 lbs of muscle!! im at 175 right now..
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2013 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by shreddog_123

Its so hard to work out and stay in shape after getting surgery done. I had acl replacement surgery and I can't do anything! All I do is pull ups lol. Any recommendations? I really can't do anything involving my legs.

I'm in the same predicament as you.  I can't bear weight on my leg right now.  I've just been lifting weights while seated.  Also thinking of just doing some boxing while sitting down...to try to get the heart rate up.

I also do some push ups while floating my injured leg in the air. Do some supermans on the ground with the injured leg on a pillow. 

Anyone have any other ideas?

Updated weekly!
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2013 at 9:22am
Got in some core last night, was great.
just reazlied that I need to at least be doing it a few times a week at least.
Gonna try to keep on top of it.

Hana get some core workouts in!  you might even be able to do some leg lifts. lol
Shreddog can do those side twists to work the obliques.

pretty much anything else other than legs. since you guys gotta lay off it
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2013 at 9:37am
I sampled some of my brother's pre-workout drink (never had them) and boy could I feel the difference! I felt like a beast! (Brand is Beast, btw) I did almost twice the workout I usually do. Bad side is that it made me stayed up for 2 hours before bed but I still have energy when I woke up. This is crazy...I might consider drinking this before I snowboard.
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2013 at 9:04am
Originally posted by haiv143

I sampled some of my brother's pre-workout drink (never had them) and boy could I feel the difference! I felt like a beast! (Brand is Beast, btw) I did almost twice the workout I usually do. Bad side is that it made me stayed up for 2 hours before bed but I still have energy when I woke up. This is crazy...I might consider drinking this before I snowboard.

Really? I've tried 2 of them (jack3d, amp) and they just made me super jittery during my workout. I was tired before my workout...and then during I was just wired. Only cool thing was I didn't get the crash I usually get from caffeine.
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2013 at 12:25pm
I did some core work today and vacuumed while hopping on one leg.  Now my one leg is super tired.  I also emptied out the dishwasher and put plates in while on one leg...pretty tiring when you can't use both legs LOL

Updated weekly!
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2013 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by mluu003

Originally posted by haiv143

Really? I've tried 2 of them (jack3d, amp) and they just made me super jittery during my workout. I was tired before my workout...and then during I was just wired. Only cool thing was I didn't get the crash I usually get from caffeine.

Nope, didn't crash or get jittery. I took this 3 hours before I sleep and it gave me a hard time trying to go to bed. I stayed up and extra 2 hours. I sampled it again last night with less dosage and I was able to go to bed on time. The flavor/taste was good not yucky.
Jibmonkey View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Jibmonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2013 at 2:45pm
pwo's if anything give that little boost of energy, i find it too expensive for my taste.

My PWO is just simply some gatorade, creatine and a caffenine pill. I have also lately testing it with Beta-Alanine, but don't really notice any difference. Reading through forums though, craze is supposedly some good stuff.
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2013 at 4:42pm
I don't feel anything from creatine as far as an energy boost. But most pre workout drinks just make my skin tingly/itchy. I still use them though because when I'm down a little it gets me to the gym when I otherwise might stay at home
Instructor
Instructor

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2013 at 6:43pm
Ive been working out my legs a lot. Im in the process of training myself to be able to jump. Im tired of being in the white guy cant jump stereotype.
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2013 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by hana24

I did some core work today and vacuumed while hopping on one leg.  Now my one leg is super tired.  I also emptied out the dishwasher and put plates in while on one leg...pretty tiring when you can't use both legs LOL
LMAO! I didn't realize it was you, Hana that was posting this.. Just reading through the text and was thinking to myself what kinda workout is that hopping around on one foot, better be evening that out by hopping on the other. Then I found out who posted it =p

worked on some squats rotator cuffs and rhomboids early in the day and was gonna do some core again in the evening but got caught up getting other things done.
so TMR! inner core and maybe quads some more.
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2013 at 8:31pm
I haven't been doing much except for using my dad's stationary bike thingy, which is actually pretty tiring.  I think I will try out the resistance band I bought the other day.
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2013 at 11:32am

LMAO! I didn't realize it was you, Hana that was posting this.. Just reading through the text and was thinking to myself what kinda workout is that hopping around on one foot, better be evening that out by hopping on the other. Then I found out who posted it =p

worked on some squats rotator cuffs and rhomboids early in the day and was gonna do some core again in the evening but got caught up getting other things done.
so TMR! inner core and maybe quads some more.

Haha!  I'll be evening it out eventually.  Comparing the two legs and the atrophy is kind of scary.  My calf muscle just droops now

Updated weekly!
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2013 at 2:46pm
No soda January is going great almost half way through it
skincard View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote skincard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2013 at 3:03pm
If you can feel the effects of pre-workout drinks, then don't try Nano Vapor from MuscleTech. Not only will it get you jittery, it'll give you a hard crash after. Not cool since you're supposed to enjoy the beer sessions after snowboarding.
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2013 at 4:37pm

No soda January is going great almost half way through it

Kudos to you!  I've been skipping on the pop as well except if I'm eating burgers because soda always tastes way better when you eat American.  I've been drinking nothing but water for awhile now and Gatorade when I go boarding.  
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
SnowAddiction View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote SnowAddiction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2013 at 5:33pm
Hey Guys,

I know this might be a little late and it is only a teaser to the full vid but i see a lot of you guys are wondering what sort of exercises to do and think this vid would really help!

Pre-Season Snowboarding Workout

More great tutorials at Snowboard Addiction
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2013 at 11:37pm

Haha!  I'll be evening it out eventually.  Comparing the two legs and the atrophy is kind of scary.  My calf muscle just droops now

Droops? yes that is scary , yikes. You'll soon be able to even it out. muscle memory will do it's thing and you'll be back to were you are with time.

well I did manage to do my core exercises today and also put in some quad work as well. albeit under some stressful circumstances but it got done.
not doing well now sleeping at this time.. its' almost 5am. not good
Good stuff today made a change up and played some ping pong.. it was quite fun until some old asian guys came in, well it was just the one guy that got on my nerves.. his attitude stunk! cocky like. Other than that all was good.. played a little too long though, got some blisters on my foot and my back was starting to hurt. Leaning in/forward too much, really hoping it doesn't bother me later on, by that i mean after i sleep and wake up (tmr)
jillsey18 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jillsey18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/12/2013 at 4:23am
I've been putting to good use my Jillian Michaels DVD's and the insanity series DVD's. They kick my ass, but after all is said and done, I'm glad I put myself through that pain. I have to say taking the dogs on a walk through the snow and woods is far more fun though.    
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 126127128129130 145>