Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 135136137138139 142>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Online Status: Offline
  Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The get in better shape thread 06/01to 12/31/12
    Posted: May/16/2013 at 8:43am
I took a pretty big step back in the progress of my knee healing last night. Went for a short, steady 11 mile ride on the bike (it received a tune-up, so i had to test it out). The first 10 miles were easy, but the last mile was uncomfortable and seemingly hindered my progress, if not hurt it.
It still is only painful when it bears significantly more weight while bent (climbing stairs, squatting, pedaling in higher gears), so I think I'm still good enough to take a jog this afternoon. We'll see. I'll take it pretty easy, but i need to get some exercise. I feel like a hog.
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2013 at 10:06am
Been doing lazy work outs, a few crunches and v sit ups here and there and using the bike.   I would pop in a vid but the day sleepers downstairs would complain.  LOL
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2013 at 9:59am
Same here. Been cutting back on my workout since it's getting hot. Won't start again until we kick up the AC in the house but so far shooting my bow and arrow has been good workout on arms and sides. LOL
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2013 at 11:28am
No need for AC for me when working out, I just turn on the fan.  But wouldn't it be better to work out in the heat because you would sweat more?  LOL
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2013 at 11:38am
My knee can finally bear weight...not strong enough to do one legged squats yet.

I've been doing the elliptical and leg press machine as well as lunges.  Lunges seem ok on my knee for some reason.

Must get my leg muscles back.  I hate having a flabby leg LOL
My blog about snowboarding, vids too! - http://yukitabanana.wordpress.com/

Updated weekly!
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2013 at 7:11pm
I worked hard today! Went to the gym at noon today, followed by a 3-hour softball practice, followed by 2 hours of basketball... I am a sweaty beast! Feels good!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2013 at 3:36pm
^Damn, you're a beast! When did you make time to eat? lol

Went out for a run early this morning, followed by some core workouts and plyometrics, then headed to the beach for the first beach volleyball session of the summer. Nice breeze all day, got a good sweat going, super tired and got burnt. Love it!
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2013 at 8:52am
My knee is feeling normalish now.  Still feel a bit stiff, but I'm assuming as I move it around more and get the muscles stronger it'll go away.

I've been hitting the elliptical as well as the leg press machines.  Doing squats and lunges.  My legs feel tired after everyday, but it's worth it.

Also I noticed how weak my left leg is compared to my right.  I don't notice it while walking or doing ordinary stuff, but whenever I try to do a squat on it or balance on it, it's shaky.

Updated weekly!
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2013 at 10:19am
That makes sense to have only one dominant leg unless you're ambidextrous, then I hate you.  LOL

I need to clear out the garage so I can use the pull up station and beat up Bob.  LOL
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2013 at 12:14pm
^ well the right is dominant right now because of my injury.

Before they were pretty even in terms of strength.  I feel my right leg being favored if I try to do jumping jacks.  I'm definitely landing a lot more on my right side.

Updated weekly!
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2013 at 12:17pm
^ Maybe now you can ride switch better!  Shocked
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2013 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

^ Maybe now you can ride switch better!  Shocked

Funny thing was when I went riding in April, switch felt really comfortable and i preferred it since it was less jarring on my left knee.

So if you want to get good at switch...injure your lead leg LOL

Updated weekly!
SnowBat View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote SnowBat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2013 at 6:03am
Get in better snowboard shape using the SnowBat!! The only snowboard training system around. The SnowBat provides the most intense balance, core strength, global strength, endurance, flexibility, and body awareness workout; all the skills necessary to snowboard.

Check out the SnowBat here!
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2013 at 6:56am
Originally posted by SnowBat

Get in better snowboard shape using the SnowBat!! The only snowboard training system around. The SnowBat provides the most intense balance, core strength, global strength, endurance, flexibility, and body awareness workout; all the skills necessary to snowboard.

Check out the SnowBat here!

Yeah, ummmm, thanks SnowBat... we get it, the thread you created for your product is enough.

cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2013 at 10:37am
it seems that altitude training is the big "thing" this year in fitness. i see a lot of people in those dumb ass painters mask looking things for when they are doing any kind of workout or cardio. I dont see the point in it unless you are going to be doing some super serious running in the future. but maybe someone on here would be interested.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2013 at 11:20am
Originally posted by cds4288

it seems that altitude training is the big "thing" this year in fitness. i see a lot of people in those dumb ass painters mask looking things for when they are doing any kind of workout or cardio. I dont see the point in it unless you are going to be doing some super serious running in the future. but maybe someone on here would be interested.

Anything with too much tools and what not contraptions just turns me off and looks pretty stupid like how you see things in those info commercials.  Keep things simple people.  LOL
humblerooster View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2013 at 12:39pm

Originally posted by cds4288

Anything with too much tools and what not contraptions just turns me off and looks pretty stupid like how you see things in those info commercials.  Keep things simple people.  LOL

Seriously. I love natural workouts. Don't people live short lives that live in high altitude areas. If I ever got into that, I would feel like Batman!
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2013 at 8:06am
Got the Insanity workout series, and I'm gonna give one of em a go this afternoon. From what i've heard, it doesn't require a huge amount of space or equipment, so that's perfect for my old, tiny-ass apartment B-) .
A buddy had some before- and after- shots and it seemed to get him cut in a hurry.
In any case, it'll be nice to have something at home on the days I don't want to go to the gym (my long work days, for example). Time to get at it!
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2013 at 9:24am
^ Nice!

Make sure to take before and after pics

I think today I'll go to my apt gym and go on the elliptical for 30 min followed by the leg press machine, quad/hamstring machine, and come back to my apt to do the other PT exercises.

Updated weekly!
irish-boarder View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote irish-boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2013 at 10:08am
Ok here's my situation. I have minimal fat, we're talking barely any fat at all here, yet i have a little pot belly that sticks out. Why would this be? I have a decent chest and arms (working on both). For what reason does my stomach stick out and what can i do to bring it in (without holding my breath for long periods)?
The 'GINGERS HAVE SOULS' kid is crazy..
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2013 at 11:58am
Originally posted by irish-boarder

Ok here's my situation. I have minimal fat, we're talking barely any fat at all here, yet i have a little pot belly that sticks out. Why would this be? I have a decent chest and arms (working on both). For what reason does my stomach stick out and what can i do to bring it in (without holding my breath for long periods)?

I'm in the same boat.  LOL  You need to pop in absanity or ab ripper x or do that dragon sit up or whatevers it's called.  LOL  But is your normal work out, full body or just chest and arms?  
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2013 at 3:31pm

Some people just have thicker core's so this might make it look like you have a pot belly. Otherwise just start smashing the cardio and you should see it begin to disappear 
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2013 at 6:06pm
Start running, that will melt the fat little pot belly.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2013 at 6:19am
Originally posted by hana24

^ Nice!

Make sure to take before and after pics

I think today I'll go to my apt gym and go on the elliptical for 30 min followed by the leg press machine, quad/hamstring machine, and come back to my apt to do the other PT exercises.

Took the befores.. I was rather disappointed with the side-view pic. My pooch looked quite a bit larger than when im staring down at it :)) But gotta start somewhere!
I did the fitness test yesterday, and did OK. My ceilings are quite short, so some of the jumping exercises (and there are many) were worrisome.
Had some water and cooled down afterward, then went for a 4 mile jog. My legs are kinda beat today... Insanity pt. 2 is likely gonna be the death of me lol.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2013 at 11:13am
I was keeping up with taking before and after pics everyday but then I decided to delete them.  LOL  

I was able to sneak in a p90x session since my bro downstairs actually went out of the house for work.  LOL  I need to start doing some arm exercises though, I'm so lazy on arms.  LOL
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2013 at 11:31am
Oh wow its been forever since I wrote in here...
I've been on and off going to the gym not as consistent as I was before going every day...feels crappy knowing that I'm not going loosing the drive to as well.
Maybe I need a change or something i don't know.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2013 at 11:50am
I haven't been able to work out as much as I used to either but changing up my diet has really made up for me slacking off on working out.  I've been trying to get some ab work outs in but it's hard to when you have 4 dogs jumping all over you.  LOL
humblerooster View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/27/2013 at 7:42pm
Dancing looked so easy... Couple steps here, flare your arm there, No Biggy right? Why am I so sweaty, winded, tired afterwards. 2 hours of dancing is one heck of a work out. I feel way more tired then after a 5 mile jog.
Muse25 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Muse25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/27/2013 at 7:55pm

Abs are made in the kitchen. Diet plays a major part in shredding your core. Don't just do "ab exercises" but core workouts anything that will stabilize and strengthen your core. Up your cardio to high intensity interval training. Abs are the first thing to get big and the last one to leave.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2013 at 10:31am
Originally posted by humblerooster

Dancing looked so easy... Couple steps here, flare your arm there, No Biggy right? Why am I so sweaty, winded, tired afterwards. 2 hours of dancing is one heck of a work out. I feel way more tired then after a 5 mile jog.

What kind of dancing were you doing, dance exercise or just plain dancing?  I think I want to see a video of your attempt at dancing.  LOL
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2013 at 10:47am
And the rest of us want to see you pole dancing, A.M.Y....
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2013 at 10:48am
I'd throw some one's down on that. Wink
Shop smart... Shop S-Mart.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2013 at 10:50am
^ I'll put the mop and bucket on stand-by, j.
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2013 at 9:29am
Work and working out is killing me!!!

I worked out my legs yesterday.  I increased the weight on the leg press machine as well as for the quads and hamstrings. 

When I wake up in the morning, my knee is starting to feel more and more normal.  The stiffness is going away.

Updated weekly!
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2013 at 11:38am
Good to hear the progress is continuing, Hana.

I've been slackin-ass with my Insanity workouts. I started last Thursday and have only got 3 workouts in. I think my main issue is my GF makes me feel all awkward when she's around and I'm tryna work out. I post my progress (just words, no pics lol) on FB and she gets all "Why do you feel the NEED to post updates of that?", in the tone that suggests im tryna get every woman on FB to bang me or something. I just have a couple friends who have had good success with the workout, and they cheer me on and stuff. It's nice to have a support group! Especially when the gf's bein a jealous beezy :))

Gonna do workout 4 this afternoon before she gets home. Then gonna go for a run. That was a poor decision on my part last time, but I gotta make up for bein lazy!
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2013 at 11:57am
Originally posted by j_lucky84

Good to hear the progress is continuing, Hana.

I've been slackin-ass with my Insanity workouts. I started last Thursday and have only got 3 workouts in. I think my main issue is my GF makes me feel all awkward when she's around and I'm tryna work out. I post my progress (just words, no pics lol) on FB and she gets all "Why do you feel the NEED to post updates of that?", in the tone that suggests im tryna get every woman on FB to bang me or something. I just have a couple friends who have had good success with the workout, and they cheer me on and stuff. It's nice to have a support group! Especially when the gf's bein a jealous beezy :))

Gonna do workout 4 this afternoon before she gets home. Then gonna go for a run. That was a poor decision on my part last time, but I gotta make up for bein lazy!

Haha, she seems to have issues.  Maybe she wants to keep you fat so you can't run away.   LOL  I think it's pretty normal to post your updates daily as a means to motivate yourself on a daily basis otherwise you're likely to go lazy.  A lot of my friends post daily and they get a lot of support by their friends and followers to keep up with their progress.  
Muse25 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Muse25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/02/2013 at 11:01am
Just got into indoor rock climbing and it's a great workout! Super fun and I highly recommend getting your belay card and trying it!
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2013 at 9:47am
I've been waiting for a local groupon to try some indoor rock climbing, but I don't think my core is ready enough to do it decently yet.  LOL
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2013 at 9:50am
^ rock climbing is fun.  Never realized before I tried it how much of a leg workout it is. 

Still going to the gym.  Been alternating gym days with yoga days to get my flexibility back.  The left side is super tight so I've been focusing on trying to loosen that side up.

The knee is feeling more and more normal.  I do notice though that if I don't move around and am sitting at my desk all day long, it gets stiff.  My right knee doesn't do this. 

Updated weekly!
Muse25 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Muse25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/04/2013 at 12:14pm

I've been waiting for a local groupon to try some indoor rock climbing, but I don't think my core is ready enough to do it decently yet.  LOL

You can start off with a lower level with grips that are spaced closer. If you attempt to do it, that's decent enough ;).
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/04/2013 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by Muse25

You can start off with a lower level with grips that are spaced closer. If you attempt to do it, that's decent enough ;).

Cool, I'll make note of that and hopefully try it out soon.  
Muse25 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Muse25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/10/2013 at 10:08am

Originally posted by Muse25

Cool, I'll make note of that and hopefully try it out soon.  

Gyms have beginner packages for belay lessons and rental gear and day pass (I paid $28 for the whole day) and I suggest bringing a friend so after your lesson you can belay for each other. 
adeodadus View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Undaunted

Quote adeodadus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/13/2013 at 11:26am
Recovering from SLAP tear surgery: both anterior and posterior tears.

Started Rehab sessions with : http://www.getarpd.com/core/faq.html#Anchor-What-14210

Now I know why alot of professional players either own one or have  personal ARP trainer.  Really feel the difference.
Fear is the Mind Killer
Muse25 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Muse25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/16/2013 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by adeodadus

Recovering from SLAP tear surgery: both anterior and posterior tears.

Started Rehab sessions with : http://www.getarpd.com/core/faq.html#Anchor-What-14210

Now I know why alot of professional players either own one or have  personal ARP trainer.  Really feel the difference.

Ouch! Hope you have a speedy recovery! 
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2013 at 1:04pm
My goal of doing Tough Mudder was met. Did the "Portland" event over the weekend. I feel the Insanity workout series helped me a bit with the oft-changing heart rate. The team I had made plans to go with just @(*$in left without me (not like left me behind... I straight up didn't see them at the event). Ended up joining another group and had a blast! I'll post a couple photos later :)
red_baron View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote red_baron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/10/2013 at 9:40pm
Destroyed the legs this eveing....quite happy
SGT712 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote SGT712 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/11/2013 at 3:57am
Inspired by Casey Neistat, I've been setting my watch alarm to go off every hour to remind me to get off my butt at work and walk around.  I've taken it a step further and have been doing 50 push-ups every hour as well, usually getting in about 300-400 push-ups each day.  In the few weeks since I started, I've noticed a huge improvement in chest mass and definition.  Star
Quiver: GNU Park Pickle 156
Stance: 15/-9, 24"
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/11/2013 at 12:05pm
Since my bros took my dumbells to their rooms, I've been neglecting my arms like crazy.  I can barely do 20 push ups now.  LOL  So I can never imagine doing 300-400 in a day.  Shocked
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/11/2013 at 3:44pm
my treadmill just died this morning ,I think the motor wanted to go peacefully,now I have to sprint up a 1 mile hill just to jog the safe neighborhood.I will have to pass a police station ,a strip club and 2 car dealerships to just to plan out a good exercise route.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/12/2013 at 9:15am
Funny because we just bought a treadmill.  LOL  Although your route could be an excellent interval work out as you increase your pace to out run the cops, to out run the hoard of strippers, to dodge and evade the car salesman waiting for you.  LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 135136137138139 142>