The get in better shape thread 01/15 to 06/15

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 136137138139140 146>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The get in better shape thread 01/15 to 06/15
    Posted: Jul/12/2013 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

Funny because we just bought a treadmill.  LOL  Although your route could be an excellent interval work out as you increase your pace to out run the cops, to out run the hoard of strippers, to dodge and evade the car salesman waiting for you.  LOL
Yeah I have no choice right now the mill is going to take a while to replace,I normally go to the beach and do like 3 miles,just lately there's been to much development in the area and too many crime,so gotta scope out a couple of new hoods to workout in peace.
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2013 at 9:30am
Originally posted by bootleg

Yeah I have no choice right now the mill is going to take a while to replace,I normally go to the beach and do like 3 miles,just lately there's been to much development in the area and too many crime,so gotta scope out a couple of new hoods to workout in peace.

You can always try running your treadmill manually as in using the force of your feet to push the belt as you hold onto the handle bar.  I saw them do this at a gym, they would hook you in a harness that's attached to the wall so you don't have to hold onto something for support as you run the treadmill manually.  You can try resistance running since your treadmill doesn't work for now.  LOL
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2013 at 8:08pm

You can always try running your treadmill manually as in using the force of your feet to push the belt as you hold onto the handle bar.  I saw them do this at a gym, they would hook you in a harness that's attached to the wall so you don't have to hold onto something for support as you run the treadmill manually.  You can try resistance running since your treadmill doesn't work for now.  LOL

that seems a lot of work just to get a few laps in & I don't have any harness laying around. I already ordered a new part from the manufacture for replacement should be coming in soon.
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/22/2013 at 12:10pm
Its been quite the long time since I've posted here in the get in better shape.. because I haven't really been working out ) =
body hates me. its been about a month now I think but here and there I would still do some pullups and chinups. that's pretty much it though.
But finally I did a little ab session the other day and i was dying! wow core strength went away faster than I'm able to bring it to where it was oka.

Hope everyone's still at their workouts. AMY w/ her leg and whomever trying to get into doing Yoga. and others trying out insanity.
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/05/2013 at 8:56am
Thursday: went to they gym completed a pilates class
Friday: had a passive physio sessions.  after worked played some bball, a couple of pickup games with some strangers. Got fouled, pushed shoved, bruised my index finger
Saturday: Biked to the gym, took a class which i thought was something else turned out to be a running class. BTW I hate running.. class was about 1.5hours long We ran, ran stairs, ran hills, did wheel barrels, push ups (which i no longer do because my shoulders roll forward and i didn't want to encourage it more) side skipping or hopping and more running.  Finished off with a bit of stretching.  After work played some more bball, just shot around.
Sunday: Biked to the gym and did another pilates class, did some other different things targeting core, glutes, and arm areas.

Turns out my whole body is sore. Finger still bruised from playing ball, also sore glutes and lowerback pain,  some bruises from all the fouling.
Feet sore from the running, chest sore from the pushups, neck/traps sore from arm workouts. ribs/lats bruised/sore from i have no clue where.
Have a good soreness in the core.
Overall, tired and not feeling all that accomplished haha what a waste. but it has been a long time feeling this sore, So that progress feels pretty good.
Only thing Im missing and having rest and eating...hah!
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/06/2013 at 6:40am
I did the P90X Kenpo X workout last night for the first time in about 9 months.  I found that even though i've lost weight this summer through backpacking, golfing, etc... my aerobic capacity is way down from before.  Or my anaerobic (yikes on that spelling) threshold is just way down.

looks like it's time to get these short burst, interval style workouts back into my life on a more permanent basis again.  Ouch
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/06/2013 at 9:08am
I usually skip kenpo x because I feel it doesn't do anything much so I would just jump into interval x unless I'm so sore then I would do kenpo x.
SGT712 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote SGT712 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2013 at 6:55am
Just bought a speed rope for double-unders but the funny thing is I can't even jump rope!  LOL
Quiver: GNU Park Pickle 156
Stance: 15/-9, 24"
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/18/2013 at 10:46am
I'm up to +40lbs on the deadlift, by the end of this week I'll get to drop 25lb x2 plates on, goal is still to get 2x 45lbs on
Muse25 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Muse25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/18/2013 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by SGT712

Just bought a speed rope for double-unders but the funny thing is I can't even jump rope!  LOL

LOL Duouble-unders are Beast!
I want to do this Alpha Warrior course! and the best part: No running!

jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2013 at 10:00am
Buddy of mine is showing me up, says he's got something like 160lbs or more i forget now on his lift. argh!
aw well working my way up.
did a yoga class and after i was done, lower back felt all messed up.. did a few sets of dead lifts and back isnt feel bad any more hah!
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2013 at 11:45am
Alpha warrior run looks bad ass like Ninja Warrior stuff but man too bad it takes a lot of upper body strength to do it.  
SGT712 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote SGT712 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2013 at 11:49am
Completed my third sprint triathlon over the weekend.  Next goal is to complete an olympic triathlon.  For the record, that dude with one leg in the back ended passing me on the bike and finishing before me! Shocked

SGT712 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote SGT712 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2013 at 11:55am
Originally posted by Muse25

LOL Duouble-unders are Beast!
I want to do this Alpha Warrior course! and the best part: No running!

That Alpha Warrior course looks pretty fun.  I also hate running so that would be perfect haha.
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2013 at 12:41pm
That's less a limb for blood and oxygen to reach, he's got an advantage over you!

Alpha warrior looks fun! its got the same elements of the jungle gyms i used to play on as a kid when I was younger, same with that spider wall climb, used to do that in the hall ways of my house.
Strength to weight ratio back in the kid days are ridiculous!.
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote diviesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2013 at 12:41pm

Completed my third sprint triathlon over the weekend.  Next goal is to complete an olympic triathlon.  For the record, that dude with one leg in the back ended passing me on the bike and finishing before me! Shocked

I have that same Demarchi Jersey, except it's red. I wish I had it green now that I see yours. 

I hate running too, I did a few sprint tri's and decided I like cycling much more than running. I run on occasion, but nothing like I use to.
SGT712 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote SGT712 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2013 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by diviesti

I have that same Demarchi Jersey, except it's red. I wish I had it green now that I see yours. 

I hate running too, I did a few sprint tri's and decided I like cycling much more than running. I run on occasion, but nothing like I use to.

I love that jersey.  I wish I ordered it in red, yellow and blue too!  What kind of bike are you riding?
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote diviesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2013 at 2:04pm

I love that jersey.  I wish I ordered it in red, yellow and blue too!  What kind of bike are you riding?

I picked my Jersey up from theclymb.com, they have some pretty sweet deals on jerseys. I think I paid $35 for it. They had it in blue, white and red, but no green. I would have to say my Pearl Izumi Elite ltd jersey is my fav, thing breaths like nothing else. I have a Specialized Allez, this pic is a little old. I've upgraded it to full Ultegra with Conti GP4000 tires since this was taken, 

nevermind i can't get the picture upload tool to work. 

SGT712 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote SGT712 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/20/2013 at 11:33am

I picked my Jersey up from theclymb.com, they have some pretty sweet deals on jerseys. I think I paid $35 for it. They had it in blue, white and red, but no green. I would have to say my Pearl Izumi Elite ltd jersey is my fav, thing breaths like nothing else. I have a Specialized Allez, this pic is a little old. I've upgraded it to full Ultegra with Conti GP4000 tires since this was taken, 

nevermind i can't get the picture upload tool to work. 

Nice!  Unfortunately, I paid full price for it but I don't have any regrets.

I just bought my road bike last fall thinking I wasn't going to do that many triathlons with it but now I'm kind of thinking I should've went with a tri bike.  They're really growing on me Pinch
Muse25 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Muse25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/20/2013 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by jhoang6

Alpha warrior looks fun! its got the same elements of the jungle gyms i used to play on as a kid when I was younger, same with that spider wall climb, used to do that in the hall ways of my house.
Strength to weight ratio back in the kid days are ridiculous!.

LOL! That's exactly what I thought of when I saw the spider wall climb!
Grinch View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Grinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/25/2013 at 9:55pm
Time to get back into my full workout routine. Delivering beer all day keeps me in pretty decent shape but I wanna be in amazing shape by next spring. thinking about doing alot of firefighter workouts. Thos really kick your ass into shape!
Muse25 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Muse25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/26/2013 at 10:21am
Switching up my routine today and getting on my SUP. My surfbreak is nice and flat and I can get a nice consistent workout today.
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/26/2013 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by Grinch

Time to get back into my full workout routine. Delivering beer all day keeps me in pretty decent shape but I wanna be in amazing shape by next spring. thinking about doing alot of firefighter workouts. Thos really kick your ass into shape!

I'm picturing a drunk firefighter.  LOL  What does firefighter work out consists of anyways?
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2013 at 10:02am
^ The Firefighter Workout consists of carrying a drunk angry midget up and down 6 flights of stairs and then hose-whipping the midget to revive her. 
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2013 at 11:33am
^ Funny, I was imagining the same thing!  LOL  But that doesn't sound too intense.  
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2013 at 11:47am
^ I bet you like the part where the firefighter whips out his hose and puts out the fire in your loins.
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote diviesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2013 at 2:30pm
LOL, what the hell is going on in here
Muse25 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Muse25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2013 at 7:30pm
Starting a raw vegan detox tomorrow for 5 day. I'm ordering pizza tonight. lol
jihyungchun View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jihyungchun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2013 at 12:11pm
do intermittent fasting! it's supposed to be real good burning fat.
I'm trying it now and i lost 15lbs in 1-2months. But i've also worked out a lot too
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2013 at 1:27pm
I am taking a break for today but did a morning class yesterday, had 3 hours of sleep and i was so exhausted. waking up feeling dizzy body needs some rests.
on the weekend though i did do some paddling which was a lot of fun! and had an arm workout reeling in those1-2lber bass! OOH i miss it so much so...
Also doing 50lbs on the deadlift, not sure how heavy the bar was on this one.. probably not 45lbs tho
I'm gaining weight and so is my fat %age NOOOOO
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Wish it was cold in my backyard all year long.....

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2013 at 1:46pm
@Muse25- a raw diet is supposed to be the best all around. My wife has been throwing the idea around for a while now. I'm mostly vegan (aside from eggs about once a week and fish from time to time), giving up dairy helped me lose weight (I was drinking 1/2 to a full gallon of chocolate milk a day).
This past month I've lost 20lbs. by cutting my calories to 1800 or less and light exercise (75 push ups, 200 cross overs, 200 pelvic tilts, and 100 bridges), if I keep it up I'll be back down to under 200lbs. by the start of the season. I haven't been under 200 in about 10+ years.
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2013 at 2:12pm
That's a light excercise?!
LOL nice keep at it, i guess by light you mean weightless just body weight exercises?
jihyungchun View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jihyungchun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2013 at 7:51am
man... i guess i should go to the gym... I don't think i can even do 30push ups
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2013 at 11:35am
Originally posted by jihyungchun

I can do 30 if i do them in small sets. I'll reach there! all in one go might be a bit much
Took rest today for me.. taking it slow and easy i guess kinda lazy too but waking up tired so something is outta order.
I will do a class tomorrow tho
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2013 at 1:04pm

I can only do 20 at most in one set but even up to 10 it starts to burn.  LOL  
2zz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote 2zz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2013 at 2:00pm

You'll probably benefit more from just doing push-ups and sit-ups for now at home. Work out your stamina and endurance before you hit the gym. Before you hit the gym, try to get yourself up to 100 push-ups per set and 50 sit ups.
Get a pull up bar for home too if you can.
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2013 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by 2zz

You'll probably benefit more from just doing push-ups and sit-ups for now at home. Work out your stamina and endurance before you hit the gym. Before you hit the gym, try to get yourself up to 100 push-ups per set and 50 sit ups.
Get a pull up bar for home too if you can.
That just sounds ridiculous! 100 in one set? but if you can get up to that and doing 3 sets.. then congrats to you. I don't know many people who get up to that..
But when i think about it perhaps they maybe doing incorrect push ups or just slightly bending the elbows and dipping their head down.. calling it one.
Maybe you mean 50 push ups and 100 sit ups?
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2013 at 3:10pm
I agree, 100 push up per set sounds a little too much but 50 sit ups is more doable.  
2zz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote 2zz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2013 at 10:17pm
100 push-ups doesn't just come like that. I know what you all mean, it's definitely not easy. It'll also require a lot of will power and commitment. If you start with 3 sets of 20 push-ups per day, increase 5 push-ups per set every two weeks. By the end of the year, I'm pretty sure a 100 push-ups won't sound ridiculous anymore...maybe not 3 sets of 100 yet, but one more year will surely be possible.
O make sure to take a day off in a week to like your body take a break and store more energy.
I'm just trying to give the guy more options. Sure anyone can go to the gym, but why if you can save time and money and get similar results by just staying home and do simple exercises.

I never got myself to do 3 sets of 100 push-ups before, but was able to do a set and a half before I messed up my back (didn't stop me from riding though...hehe).My back finally just started to feel better. Still got couple knots in my lower back but I need to start working out for the up coming season. I'll be happy if I can just do 3 sets of 20 right now.
Muse25 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Muse25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2013 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by snowj720

@Muse25- a raw diet is supposed to be the best all around. My wife has been throwing the idea around for a while now. I'm mostly vegan (aside from eggs about once a week and fish from time to time), giving up dairy helped me lose weight (I was drinking 1/2 to a full gallon of chocolate milk a day).
This past month I've lost 20lbs. by cutting my calories to 1800 or less and light exercise (75 push ups, 200 cross overs, 200 pelvic tilts, and 100 bridges), if I keep it up I'll be back down to under 200lbs. by the start of the season. I haven't been under 200 in about 10+ years.

Wow! that's great! How do you feel?
ShastaStyle View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote ShastaStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/04/2013 at 4:07pm
Here's a good fitness test...
  1. Do as many push-ups as you can in 2-minutes. For a push-up to count, you must touch your chest to the floor while lifting your hands off the ground. The only way to lift your hands is if your chest is on the floor! You can rest, stretch, stand up, or do whatever if you need a break but record the max number of push-ups in 2-minutes
  2. Do as many Butterfly sit ups as you can in 2-minutes. You must touch the floor in front of you when you come up and touch the floor behind/above your head when you go back down.
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/04/2013 at 6:56pm
Sure agreed its an alternative, but I would say not a very good one...
if you're going to work your front that much you better be working your back as well unless you wanna look all hunched over
Snowj workout sounds better off however, still missing the back there.
I don't even know where I am to update on my workout anymore
I'm at 50lbs for my deadlifts starting to work the lat pulldowns and still at it with the core.
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/05/2013 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by 2zz

I never got myself to do 3 sets of 100 push-ups before, but was able to do a set and a half before I messed up my back (didn't stop me from riding though...hehe).My back finally just started to feel better. Still got couple knots in my lower back but I need to start working out for the up coming season. I'll be happy if I can just do 3 sets of 20 right now.

Have you tried using an inverter table thingy to help with your back issues?  We bought my dad one and after trying it once he said his back feels relieved.
2zz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote 2zz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/05/2013 at 5:20pm

Have you tried using an inverter table thingy to help with your back issues?  We bought my dad one and after trying it once he said his back feels relieved.

No but I really want to. How much did you spent if you don't mind? I have a couple of knots between my mid and lower back probably caused by my sciatic nerve pain. I can already feel the relieve just thinking about the inverter.
Physical therapy, chiropractor, etc all cost a lot especially that I have to go religiously. I just can't afford it at the moment.
11 Rome Artifact Rocker 147 / 12 Signal Vita Rocker 147 / 11 Ride Canvas 144 / 12 CAPiTA Space Metal Fantasy 147 / 13 Union Rosa / 12 Burton Cartel Restricted.
Muse25 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Muse25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2013 at 10:51am
Originally posted by 2zz

No but I really want to. How much did you spent if you don't mind? I have a couple of knots between my mid and lower back probably caused by my sciatic nerve pain. I can already feel the relieve just thinking about the inverter.
Physical therapy, chiropractor, etc all cost a lot especially that I have to go religiously. I just can't afford it at the moment.

Do you have flat feet? Sometimes the cause of back pain is from your foundation which is the feet. Try out barefoot science insoles. Its insoles that rehabilitate your arch.
2zz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote 2zz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2013 at 12:03pm

Do you have flat feet? Sometimes the cause of back pain is from your foundation which is the feet. Try out barefoot science insoles. Its insoles that rehabilitate your arch.

Thanks for the advise but no. I have normal arch but damn small Asian feet though.lol
I shifted a disk before. My back got better but I have been driving a stick shift for years now and all those years pushing the clutch have caught up to me I guess. Just got an automatic couple months ago and I can feel my back healing, but slowly.
I don't know if wearing Superfeet insoles while I'm on my shift as a server is good or not, but my feet feels better than without it. I think I'll try those Barefoot soon for my work shoe since I need new Superfeet for riding for this coming season.
Wearing well supported shoes definitely helps. Sometimes my back can feel each step I take when I'm wearing skate shoes....not good. I don't if is because of the lack of cushioning or the flat insoles.
11 Rome Artifact Rocker 147 / 12 Signal Vita Rocker 147 / 11 Ride Canvas 144 / 12 CAPiTA Space Metal Fantasy 147 / 13 Union Rosa / 12 Burton Cartel Restricted.
Muse25 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Muse25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2013 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by 2zz

Thanks for the advise but no. I have normal arch but damn small Asian feet though.lol
I shifted a disk before. My back got better but I have been driving a stick shift for years now and all those years pushing the clutch have caught up to me I guess. Just got an automatic couple months ago and I can feel my back healing, but slowly.
I don't know if wearing Superfeet insoles while I'm on my shift as a server is good or not, but my feet feels better than without it. I think I'll try those Barefoot soon for my work shoe since I need new Superfeet for riding for this coming season.
Wearing well supported shoes definitely helps. Sometimes my back can feel each step I take when I'm wearing skate shoes....not good. I don't if is because of the lack of cushioning or the flat insoles.

OUCH! Sorry to hear about your shifted disk. Anything to do with that region is so traumatic to the body. My friend has a similar case and she says using those electrode pads helps with the pain. Oh and core exercises to help shift the weight being carried to her core.
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2013 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by 2zz

We bought the Teeter Pro with gravity boots from ebay for 400 but you can buy other teeter models and brands for less.  I actually got a free upgrade on the model because the one they sent me was damaged and they paid for shipping and return.  I picked this model because they had a lot of good reviews and was easy enough for my dad to do it by himself.
Muse25 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Muse25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2013 at 12:21pm
Such great weather to workout/play outside! Ahhhh, Bay Area's indian summer
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2013 at 1:23pm

Such great weather to workout/play outside! Ahhhh, Bay Area's indian summer

Lucky, it's scorching hot down herein SoCal.  

Anyone go to one of those parkour gyms for a good work out?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 136137138139140 146>