Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <12345 144>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Online Status: Offline
  Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The get in better shape thread 06/01to 12/31/14
    Posted: Jun/22/2009 at 11:47am
Yeah I broke my wrist pretty bad this year evernod.  The doctor just gave me exercises to do.  He said they had just done a huge experiment in europe and that people who did the exercises he gave me and people who went to PT were at the same level of recovery after 6 months.  Here are the exercises I was given.  You do each one 3 times for 30 seconds 3 times a day.

For the first 2 exercises you want to keep your elbow in near your ribs. 
You rotate your wrist out as far as you can hold for 30 seconds.
then do the opposite rotate it in as far as you can and hold for 30 seconds.

after you go through your 3 reps of that you you put your palms together with your fingers facing the sky like you are going to pray.  Keep your hands near your chest and push the bottom of your hands down as far as you can.

Next up you do the opposite.  Palms together with your fingers facing down and pull up as high as you can.

As for strength exercises the main one I did was where you have the stick with the rope around it that is tied to a 5-10lb plate and you roll up the rope then unroll it.  Once I was able to do 3 sets of 10 with the 10lb weight I just went back to regular lifting/exercise.  My doctor did tell me to take it easy and not do any push/pull exercises where I exceeded 50% of the weight I could do until I reached the 6 months since breaking it point.  Hope this helps.
www.chargeharder.com
evernod View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
thank you, goodnight!

Quote evernod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2009 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by BRUIZZA

does that mean palm out and then palm in? i'm not quite sure what rotating my wrist out and in means.

thanks for the help. i am approaching the 6 month mark, at least from the day i broke it. i broke mine in two places, two different bones, going opposite directions. it still baffles me a little bit.
this place is bleak.
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2009 at 12:15pm

Yeah I broke my wrist pretty bad this year evernod.  The doctor just gave me exercises to do.  He said they had just done a huge experiment in europe and that people who did the exercises he gave me and people who went to PT were at the same level of recovery after 6 months.  Here are the exercises I was given.  You do each one 3 times for 30 seconds 3 times a day.

after you go through your 3 reps of that you you put your palms together with your fingers facing the sky like you are going to pray.  Keep your hands near your chest and push the bottom of your hands down as far as you can.

Next up you do the opposite.  Palms together with your fingers facing down and pull up as high as you can.

As for strength exercises the main one I did was where you have the stick with the rope around it that is tied to a 5-10lb plate and you roll up the rope then unroll it.  Once I was able to do 3 sets of 10 with the 10lb weight I just went back to regular lifting/exercise.  My doctor did tell me to take it easy and not do any push/pull exercises where I exceeded 50% of the weight I could do until I reached the 6 months since breaking it point.  Hope this helps.

I did the same thing for the weights too.  My physical therapist also made me roll up playdoe with wrist/hand I broke into a cylinder...then along the length of the cylinder I'll pinch the playdoe using my thumb/forefinger, thumb/ middle finger, and so on.  Then I'll have to take the playdoe again roll it into a ball and then roll it out again.  Also putting weight on one end of a dumbbell, I had my elbow, wrist, and hand on a table and held the stick part (the part with the weight was in the air) and rotated my wrist so the palm would face upward, then the other direction with my palm downward.  

I've seen them sell this device at sports stores and I did this toward the end of my physical therapy sessions

I'll send you the stretches that my physical therapist gave me...I'll PM me you once I have the stretches scanned.

Oh before I did any of these stretches I usually warmed up my wrist and before all of my sessions my physical therapist warmed up my hands.
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2009 at 12:17pm
Basically take your arm and put your elbow in your ribs with your arm pointing out straight in front of you, where your thumb is pointing towards the sky.  rotate your arm/wrist away from your body so you are now looking at your palm or as much of your palm as you can then do the opposite.  You have to rotate pretty much your entire forearm.  Rotating in or towards your body is a lot tougher for me.  Hope this is a little clearer.  I suck at explaining stuff like this.  
www.chargeharder.com
evernod View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
thank you, goodnight!

Quote evernod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2009 at 12:33pm
thanks to both of you. i wish i had thought of this sooner. duh.

and yes, Bru. MUCH clearer. turning it in makes it pop and hurt a little. awesome.

this place is bleak.
pepitojones View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote pepitojones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2009 at 12:36pm
PT today consisted of some circuit training, and boy did it kick my ass.. Ouch
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2009 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by evernod

does that mean palm out and then palm in? i'm not quite sure what rotating my wrist out and in means.

thanks for the help. i am approaching the 6 month mark, at least from the day i broke it. i broke mine in two places, two different bones, going opposite directions. it still baffles me a little bit.
I hit the 6 month mark on July 1st.  I broke mine pretty bad.  Broke both bones as well.  They looked at the x-ray and told me I needed surgery.  I lucked up though and the surgeon got there really late and offered to "pop" the bone back in place.  I took him up on his offer and avoided surgery.
www.chargeharder.com
giftedhands View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Quote giftedhands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2009 at 2:58pm
damn! i didnt realize it was that bad bru..nice surgeon though! i gotta get some wrist guards for this season..
Mike.M View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
OUTSIDE MY DECK

Quote Mike.M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2009 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by giftedhands67

damn! i didnt realize it was that bad bru..nice surgeon though! i gotta get some wrist guards for this season..

no wrist guards needed. you just gotta teach yourself to tuck those arms in and roll when you fall.

For Bruz, that is a different story cuz injury, but i feel that a wrist gaurd encourages you to break your fall on your wrist
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2009 at 3:16pm
Bru' did not break his wrist in a fall though........He was experimenting with some very high level masturbation techniques and had not propertly attained the mental state of elightenment that was required of such advanced actions. 

I tried to warn him.
Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Quote giftedhands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2009 at 5:08pm
 LOL at shaka.. you gotta remember to control ur breathing bru! it'll change your game..

mike - good point..i'll try and remember this. i plan on trying a lot of stuff ive never done before this season, so im sure i'll be doing a lot of falling as well.
Phatman View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote Phatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2009 at 2:31am

Basically take your arm and put your elbow in your ribs with your arm pointing out straight in front of you, where your thumb is pointing towards the sky.  rotate your arm/wrist away from your body so you are now looking at your palm or as much of your palm as you can then do the opposite.  You have to rotate pretty much your entire forearm.  Rotating in or towards your body is a lot tougher for me.  Hope this is a little clearer.  I suck at explaining stuff like this.  

Once you start getting comfortable with this motion, start doing it with a hammer in your hand. The other exercise I would suggest would be to take a really light dumbell< 3lbs, put your arm straight out in front of you holding the dumbell with your palm down, then pick the dumbell up kind of like you're excelerating a motorcycle.

Good to see you back NodClap

I'm going to see the doc about my back sometime this week, once I get that straightened out I'll be back in the gym. I'm trying to do 30 minutes of some kind of cardio a day, usually running, and lift 3-4 times a week. Right now my lifting routine is called tabatas. 

sets go;
20 reps, 1 min rest, 18 reps, 1 min rest, 16 reps, 1 min rest, 14 reps, 1 min rest, 12 reps 1 min, 10 1 min, 10 1 min, 10 1 min.

I do that for chest presses, cable rows, and shoulder presses.

oh and right now I'm 6'2" and about 235, might be 240. I'd like to get down around 210. 
A thermos keeps hot stuff hot, and cold stuff cold.....BUT HOW DOES IT KNOW???
kimchijajonshim View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Bear Hugs!

Quote kimchijajonshim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2009 at 5:44am
I need to get back to the gym once I'm back in the states. I've tried to do a bit of exercise here and there when I find free equipment in gyms, but it's pretty depressing.  I was about to do about 3 sets of 5x pull ups and 3 sets of 10x dips before I was done.  Not eating enough + not eating well + moving around all the time = no bueno for upper body.
ROLL ON, BISHES.
Fincky View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Fincky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2009 at 7:48am
Wow I like this thread, it is inspiring! Ive been trying to increase fitness for ages now, each time I get inspired it lasts about a day then I go back 2 being lazy...Trying a different tactic now, changing the diet too a healthy one (NO JUNKFOOD/FASTFOOD) been going for 2 days now and eating things i havn't had in years, Also cut alcohol out of my diet (used 2 drink every night, been sober for 5 days now, and no i wasn't an alcoholic just liked 2 party hard).

My fitness reigime is going to start on cardio, mainly cycling as i enjoy it, aiming for 2 hours of cycling per day (in the morning). Afternoons im going to lift weights, no idea what yet because I only have dumbells which are 21lb each..not much of a variety...might have 2 go borrow my dads home gym.

Time to get motivated, got 2 weeks before I go snowboarding for 3 months!

All this or I could just use Bruizza's method and masturbate more often for fitness.

Is a personal Trainer worth it? my sister is one but last time I trained with her I was in pain for a week and couldnt do much haha
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2009 at 7:59am
I have my first PT session in 30 minutes.  Should be an interesting hour.
www.chargeharder.com
heischjr View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote heischjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2009 at 7:59am
Fincky... 
I think personal trainers are worth it.  If you want to focus on resistance training, the most important thing a trainer can do for you is teach you the correct form to use for various exercises.  Bad form can really cause many injuries to your back and shoulders.  They can also keep you motivated.  At the very least, try one out for a few weeks to get into a routine and to make sure your form is correct.  After a few weeks, you will have a good idea on what type of training splits to use and what type of diet you should be on.
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2009 at 8:21am
Much like learning to snowboard, I think personal trainers have their role.  Right off the start they are critical to teach you proper movements. 

After that, just hit up bodybuilding.com's forums and you can learn more than you ever wanted to know about weight training.  That place is the mecca for anything you could ever want to know.

Oh, and the off-topic section has spawned some of the most epic threads in internet history. 
Geology Rocks View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geology Rocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2009 at 8:25am
I am in...I could use this.

its going to be hard to do with my work schedule but I will give it a shot. working from 8am to 9pm isnt to conducive to eating right and working out.:(

I am in

joe
<br />
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2009 at 10:04am
Just got done with my first PT session and it kicked my ass pretty good.  he made do all kinds of exercises that I never do.
www.chargeharder.com
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2009 at 10:05am
Hahaha, what kind of stuff did you end up doing? 
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2009 at 10:11am
warm up was 5 laps around the basketball court.

First set of stuff was 3 sets, 2 minutes each of kettle ball swings, sumo squats w/ kettle ball, and push ups using one of those half exercise balls flipped upside down.  He also made me do 1 set of jump/lateral squats.  That was where we flipped the half exercise ball over and I had to jump from side to side alternating which foot I had in the middle of the ball and do a squat.

next up was 2 sets each of lunges for about 50 yards, and then 1.5 minutes on the rowing machine.

last was 2 sets each of RDLs with a kettle ball, calf raises with a bicep curl, and tricep extensions while laying on the workout ball. 

www.chargeharder.com
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2009 at 10:29am
Yeah, I told you he was going to try and work you hard.  It sounds like you are going to be going for fat burn, which means high heart rates and trying to speed up your metabolism. 

If you ever want to do something that looks really easy, but is hard as hell.  Take a normal office chair, grab a dumbell or a weight and put it on your lap (hold it outstretched if you really like to suffer), then pull yourself around the gym with either just your toes or just your heel.

My friend used to make me do that and I hated it!
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2009 at 10:39am
Yeah since my goal is to get down to 10% body fat he is having me do stuff to promote fat burn.  I may be in a little over my head.  He has been doing triathlons since 1985 and he is at 10% body fat.  Going to be a lot of work to get down to 10%.
www.chargeharder.com
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2009 at 10:43am
You can get to 10%, just keep at it.  You might have to masturbate more furiously then you ever thought possible though.

Anyone can get below 10% body fat with the right diet, motivation, and implementation of a good workout plan. 
Phatman View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote Phatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2009 at 10:50am
Even though I posted a number for weight, my goals are more about how I look and feel than %s or number of lbs
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2009 at 11:05am
I like having a specific goal in mind when it comes to body fat percentage.  It doesn't really matter to me how much I weigh.
www.chargeharder.com
craigalicious View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote craigalicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2009 at 11:12am

I like having a specific goal in mind when it comes to body fat percentage.  It doesn't really matter to me how much I weigh.

i think people are often undereducated about health and fitness.  body fat percentage is a MUCH better measurement of your fitness than weight is.  when people say they want to lose weight, what they really(usually) want to lose is body fat.  you can actually lose body fat and not lose any weight if you gain muscle while losing fat, so weight isn't the best measurement.

Shakazulu View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2009 at 11:17am
Yeah, it is a good number.  Most people actually will get slimmer and stay the same weight just from working out.  They burn fat and gain muscle.  Muscle is more dense, so despite the fact they are skinnier, they will actually weigh the same or even slightly more. 

myach View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote myach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2009 at 11:30am
I'm with phat... I was putting it off last week til this week, didn't wanna start mid week =)
I just wanna look better.. I'm skinny so I don't have nothing to lose..
choi View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote choi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2009 at 11:31am
just finished my back work out:

1/2 mile sprint to gym
3x10 pulldowns close grip
3x8 iso rows
3x10 seated rows
3x12 dumbbell rows
3x10 dead lifts
3x10 pulldown wide grip
1/2 mile sprint from gym
craigalicious View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote craigalicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2009 at 11:36am
Originally posted by choi

just finished my back work out:

1/2 mile sprint to gym
3x10 pulldowns close grip
3x8 iso rows
3x10 seated rows
3x12 dumbbell rows
3x10 dead lifts
3x10 pulldown wide grip
1/2 mile sprint from gym

i can't do dead lift anymore since i threw out my back doing it Ouch

it used to be one of my favorite lifts too.  maybe i'll do it with 50% weight and work up from there.  i used to do a lot for dead lift, so i probably was just lifting too much without building up my back strength enough.

Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Quote giftedhands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2009 at 11:42am
hittin the bike today.. hopin for another 15 miles!
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2009 at 11:43am
I had a pretty bad back injury a few months ago and am clear to do deadlifts. 

Done properly, you should not be hurting your back at all while doing them.  If you do, that means you are rounding out your back or doing something else wrong (usually a combination of jerking the arms and pulling with the lower back).

Also, don't lower the bar slowly, pretty much drop it. 
bmcmahan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bmcmahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2009 at 12:40pm

I’ve got to where I run 3.5 miles four times a week and do upper and lower body on alternate days.  My wife and I also try to take the dogs for a walk around the local park, which is about 2 miles.  My goal is to drop 10lbs by the start of next season.

Even his enemy’s list him as there emergency contact.

BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2009 at 12:44pm
If you want to lose weight here is what the personal trainer told me today.  You need to drop your calorie intake by 250 calories a day and start burning an extra 250 calories a day.  That 500 calorie difference will help you lose weight pretty fast.
www.chargeharder.com
snowball4 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote snowball4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2009 at 12:46pm
I need more endurance and, somehow, need to work on my balance, I think...  When I hike to ride, I have horrible balance and footing.  I go so slow and people behind me sometimes get annoyed.  I could definitely work on my endurance, but I don't know how much that will help because I live up at 9000 ft., so I have the advantage that I'm not feeling the altitude like others, but I am really shaky on my feet.  I will hike more this summer, maybe with better endurance my "slow" will become a bit faster.  My favorite hike is up the mountain and then ride the gondola back down.  I will get hiking poles for longer hikes, but don't want to bring them with me if it's just a 30 minute hike on a lunch break or something.  I try to exercise with activities that I like, so it doesn't feel like exercise.  Riding keeps me in plenty good shape in the winter, in the summer it's a little tougher.  Mainly I hike.  And sometimes a good night out dancing is a great workout too!
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2009 at 12:48pm
Roughly 3500 calories to a pound in case anyone is wondering.  I don't know the technical reason for it, but most fitness people I talk to say that losing two pounds a week is the most you want to go. 
Phatman View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote Phatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2009 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by shakazulu12

Roughly 3500 calories to a pound in case anyone is wondering.  I don't know the technical reason for it, but most fitness people I talk to say that losing two pounds a week is the most you want to go. 

The reason is that, most people,  when trying to do more than that, do it in unhealthy ways. I.E. Cutting Calories to bad levels then exercising excessively.
WarriorOfRadness View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
thursday night shred fest!!

Quote WarriorOfRadness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2009 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by Jarryd

so anyone got some tips for someone like me who is super busy and too poor to go to gym so they can build up their legs and a little endurance aswell as some upper body stuff to loose some of my puppy fat and man boobs?

Big smile

GO SURFING!!! you've got so many good spots over there!! it really is the best workout.
I wear dudes pants
Phatman View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote Phatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2009 at 3:36pm
Surfing is one of the best shoulder workouts evar, my shoulders are still a little sore from the swell we got on Friday and Saturday.
rocheezy View Drop Down
Local
Local
Ready for the 2010 season!

Quote rocheezy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2009 at 3:55pm

Its your diet.  Trust me on this one.  I was a string bean for a long time and put on 50 pounds of muscle over six months.  I previously thought that I ate a tone of food, then I started working out with a friend who was a body builder.  I soon found out what his definition of eating enough was, and it was drastically different than mine, like 6,000 calorie a day type stuff.

In the end, I packed on a ton of weight because of it.  I use to be 5'11" and 135, and got to 185.

I have dropped from that level quite a bit the past three years as I don't lift, or eat enough at all, I might have even dropped below 160 for the first time in forever.  I gotta go weigh myself today. 
haha. In that case maybe I need to drop my calorie intake a ton--I weigh 1-- and want to be 1-- minus 15. I haven't done classes in about a week, but when I did I usually do 2 or 3 1 hour cardio class a week and one or two toning/conditioning lifting class a week. Haven't lost anything and not sure I'm taking pictures either...

well. maybe.
xxsweet_jen24xx View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote xxsweet_jen24xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2009 at 4:02pm
I was pretty excited today, because I've lost 2 pounds, and then I went swimming for 2 hours at my in-law's house. Theeeeeen my Mother-in-law suggested that she and I go to Louisville and go out to eat. She ruined my diet for the day, lol. I ordered a ceasar salad with a cup of potato soup, and she ordered potato skins, queso, and a salad, then kept saying, "Come on, eat some more of this stuff, I can't eat it all and it's going to go to waste." So my healthy little dinner ended up being super fattening (though it was rather tasty).

So tomorrow I have to really buckle down and make up for the slip.
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2009 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by rocheezy

Its your diet.  Trust me on this one.  I was a string bean for a long time and put on 50 pounds of muscle over six months.  I previously thought that I ate a tone of food, then I started working out with a friend who was a body builder.  I soon found out what his definition of eating enough was, and it was drastically different than mine, like 6,000 calorie a day type stuff.

In the end, I packed on a ton of weight because of it.  I use to be 5'11" and 135, and got to 185.

I have dropped from that level quite a bit the past three years as I don't lift, or eat enough at all, I might have even dropped below 160 for the first time in forever.  I gotta go weigh myself today. 
haha. In that case maybe I need to drop my calorie intake a ton--I weigh 1-- and want to be 1-- minus 15. I haven't done classes in about a week, but when I did I usually do 2 or 3 1 hour cardio class a week and one or two toning/conditioning lifting class a week. Haven't lost anything and not sure I'm taking pictures either...

well. maybe.

Don't drop it a ton, everyone has a different metabolism.  Mine seems to be pretty fast, so 2,000 calories a day for me, will not have the same affect as 2,000 calories a day for you.  Just kinda have to experiment.
rocheezy View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote rocheezy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2009 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by craigalicious

Originally posted by xxsweet_jen24xx

Originally posted by ShredBettyZoe

Originally posted by craigalicious

Zoe, here's some hip stretches.  I do the first 2.

http://video.about.com/exercise/hip-streches.htm

For the guys:  this chick is a total cougar/puma(can't tell her age from the video), so you mind as well check it out Wink
I do that 2nd stretch already... just not on a mat... hahaha

I never thought of it as a stretch before, hahaha...

you girls are dirty...keep it up WinkLOL
Officially gonna make that part of my workout plan. "if you need a little more, go ahead and stretch forward some more..."
rocheezy View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote rocheezy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2009 at 4:36pm

Originally posted by rocheezy

well. maybe.

Don't drop it a ton, everyone has a different metabolism.  Mine seems to be pretty fast, so 2,000 calories a day for me, will not have the same affect as 2,000 calories a day for you.  Just kinda have to experiment.
haha. Yeah..my metabolism seems to have died. As much (or little) as I've been trying to work out lately, I feel like I must just be toning up more cause the pounds haven't dropped. Mainly I'm just concerned with belly fat..and maybe toning my arms.

I play softball once a week, too. It's part of how I realize how out of shape I am--after a sprint, I'm definitely a little winded.

I haven't been able to get to a kickboxing or RPM class yet but I really want to. If I don't end up working a double tomorrow, I may be able to make the 7:30 class.
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2009 at 5:04pm
Weight won't drop much while you are toning up, but you will get skinnier.  Muscle is heavier than fat.

Muscle also burns calories when you are not working out, so it effectively raises your metabolism and stimulates more fat loss.

The key is finding the right workout that works for you.  I tend to tone up really fast, but it takes a TON of work to get bulky, and I don't know that I even have the commitment to do it right now.  Due to the fact that I'm very lanky with long limbs, it puts me at a severe dis-advantage to stockier people who will appear bigger than me, even at the same strength level.

Either way, the point is, everyone is so different that while generalities are applicable, in the end it comes down to an individual plan.

I would say that you need to stick to your routine with more consistency.  Starting and stopping, going three times one week and once another, pretty much will end up with some toning and small changes.  Nothing major though. 

It can be done.  I squeezed all my lifting into 30 minutes a day for a long time and kept a great body during the process. 
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2009 at 4:47am
My legs are pretty damn sore today from the PT routine.
www.chargeharder.com
heischjr View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote heischjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2009 at 5:13am
I know how you feel.  I did legs yesterday.  My workout consisted of squats, leg presses, lunges, leg extensions, and leg curls.  Nothin like DOMS after a heavy leg workout.
ridesnowboarder View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Signal Park Rocker

Quote ridesnowboarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2009 at 5:15am

Originally posted by ridesnowboarder

I've been lifting a lot in the last 3-4 months.  My goal is to just stick with it and hopefully get my bench max to about 260 by the end of the summer  (im at 225 now).
Going to be pretty tough to add 35lbs to your max in the next 2 months unless you get after it hard, or take some serious supplements. 

I am not trying to discourage you in fact I hope you achieve your goal.  Just don't be upset if you don't quite reach it.  Part of the issue is you are about to plateau.  If you have been after it hard for 3-4 months you are due for a plateau.  Switch up your routine a lot and that should help.  Also if you haven't been doing dumbbell presses start doing them.  That will help with your bar bench a ton.

Yeah, I know.  I probably wont get it, but we'll see.

I've been off the creatine for like 2 months now, and I'm about to start it up again.  That usually increases my gains a little.

Also, I switch it up quite a bit.  I do pyramids and regular sets,  along with the occasional endurance one (i forget what its called -- you put like 4 10's on each side and do like 10-15 reps of each, with someone stripping the weight for you).

And just so you guys know, I don't just bench the whole time... I do even full body workouts.
heischjr View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote heischjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2009 at 5:22am
^^Have you ever supplemented your creatine with L-Arginine, which is amino acid that is an NO inhibitor?  If not, you should try it since you are trying to increase your bench by so much.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 144>